'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 214083 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#49616 Sep 24, 2012
Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is time to stop our National Media from picking our leaders TOFU! I never want to see a 1 party system in our great Nation.We both know the dangers of propaganda networks disguised as news networks! He who controls the media runs the nation! I liked the days when TV just gave us the news, but wait! I don’t remember when that was? Even in the Viet-Nam era CBS,NBC and ABC tried to influence American views on that wasted war, in which I had 2 brothers and an uncle serve! I was in training at Fort Polk LA when the first plane load of troops came home. And yes our media promoted the war in Afghanistan and Iraq (where my oldest son served 4 tours), and yes I think Iraq was uncalled for! Too much influence by the puppet’s (the media), designed by the puppet masters ( the Politicians)! P.S. I think AL wants us to run for office? Got to go to work TOFU, get back later.
You, Whitey, Tofy, Jay and Syl....would beat the h e double L, out of what we have in there now ;-)... At least 'over time' you guys have learned to like each other, and want to DO what is 'best' for this Country!

Over time...LQQK what has happened to the ones in there NOW!
Division!!!!!!! Straight party line!!!!!
No compromising...
NO working together...."whatsoever " ...
Males(females too) pretending to be "adults"...
Acting like a bunch of "playground BULLIES!"
get up earlier for real

Glasgow, KY

#49617 Sep 24, 2012
For Real wrote:
Mitt Romney packed the audience for a Univision forum earlier this week, busing in local supporters “after exhausting the few conservative groups on campus.” The campaign threatened to “reschedule” the event if organizers did not allow the “rowdy activists from around southern Florida in order to fill the extra seats at their town hall.”
Romney also refused to come out on stage after the hosts introduced him by noting that he “had agreed to give the network 35 minutes, and that Obama had agreed to a full hour the next night.” Univision re-taped the introduction after Romney allegedly “threw a tantrum.”
During the event, Romney dodged four questions about whether he would maintain President Obama’s directive allowing young undocumented immigrants to stay in the United States on a temporary basis and said that he is happy to be known as “the grandfather of Obamacare.”
Romney has a history of padding the audience. During a speech before National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) in June, the GOP presidential candidate also brought in his supporters to the address.
Were you brain dead when Obama, Biden and a host of other corrupt democrat politicians made the rounds doing a few town hall meetings and set the questions up with the audience participants beforehand? Funny you've never mentioned that but now you want us to believe that you KNOW these things about Romney. Obviously you are trying to deceive and distort and distract like any good little Obamoron would do.

Newsflash...it's not working! lmao!
Are You Kidding

Elmwood Park, IL

#49618 Sep 24, 2012
firstofthemonther wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, but I worry about how unstable that the Leader of Iran is, I wish that Isreal hadnt got Nukes,cause once they did that it was on. Note Russia put a Sub in the Gulf of Mexico little while back.

It is definitely not pretty people. That is why this election is so very important. I am really concerned if Obama gets 4 more years.

Obama has reduced the military budget considerably which has resulted in reducing troops and he is strongly considering reducing our nuclear weapons. The Defense Secretary indicated this would be risky, but acceptable.

This is not the time!
Are You Kidding

Elmwood Park, IL

#49619 Sep 24, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion AYK, the 'jerk' should have been hung out and dried, waaaay back when it was first found out that those guns KILLED the border patrol agent! Along with his 'minions' that helped him to cover it up, up to this point. THEY knew "some people" had got ahold of some 'info' this time and were NOT going to turn it loose, or "let the chips fall where they may."
Someone was definitely 'going down' this time!...
So they had someone from their own division do the investigation, in the meantime, figuring out WHO was going to "take the FALL!"
This was 'bigtime'...Not small fry stuff.
International crimes...
I don't 'believe' its over yet!
Thank you for your insight.
firstofthemonthe r

Sheridan, AR

#49620 Sep 24, 2012
I knew about the Romney Deal with the miners that was beyond the pale, But it gets better you havnt seen those Super Pack Ads with the guy pretending to be a miner, in the Andy Barr Ad, turns out he was a CEO of a Company never been in a Coal Mine in his Life, got Karl Rove finger prints all over it, Is this the AMERICA THE Republicans Represent!!
firstofthemonthe r

Sheridan, AR

#49621 Sep 24, 2012
I dont see how anyone could vote these people, didnt they get enough of Karl Rove in the Bush Adm. he is laughing at you, he thinks he can throw some money around, Tell some Lies, and those Idiots will fall right in Line, they got away with it in the Rand Paul Election! Dosnt the Truth Matter!!
Are You Kidding

Elmwood Park, IL

#49622 Sep 24, 2012
firstofthemonther wrote:
I dont see how anyone could vote these people, didnt they get enough of Karl Rove in the Bush Adm. he is laughing at you, he thinks he can throw some money around, Tell some Lies, and those Idiots will fall right in Line, they got away with it in the Rand Paul Election! Dosnt the Truth Matter!!
My God man! What planet are you on????? Look around! Don't you see what Obama is doing to this country? Yes, the Truth Does Matter! Failed foreign policies, failed economy, growing deficit, growing government!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#49623 Sep 24, 2012
Contributor wrote:
<quoted text> Holder Jail Time
He definitely NEEDS it!
we won

Clarksville, TN

#49624 Sep 24, 2012
We will win again and the stupid republicans cannot do anything about it.

Obama is for:

1. For gay marriage - He will get all of the gay & lesbian vote.

2. Open up the borders - He will get all of the hispanic vote because he let's them come and go as they please.

3. Food stamps & permanent unemployment checks - He will get all of the votes from people that get things from the government.

4. Obama loves unions - He will get all of the labor vote.

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna win again!!!!!!!!!!

Obama - President for life!!!!!!!!!!
Obama has got to go

Glasgow, KY

#49625 Sep 24, 2012
firstofthemonther wrote:
Why would the truth matter to you now, Freddy Freeloader? Every citizen saw how Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Frank, the Kennedy's and all the democrats on the Hill lie, cheat, deceive, trick, bully, steal, distort, present fake numbers and lie like a mofo when they claimed that the passing of Obamacare into law would IMMEDIATELY create 400,000 new jobs. Your president told every American citizen that if he didn't cut our national debt in half and sole our economic problems in his term then it would be a one term only proposition for Obama. Was that just a big fat lie? Was your president just doing what he does best, brag about stuff he didn't accomplish hoping his loyal supporters wouldn't notice that he told another big fat lie? Can he count on you to be as dumb this time around as you were last time around? Is your stupidity a "sure thing" as your president demands?

There's not enough time or space on this forum to put all the lies on here that the democrats have told over the last 4 years. My family comes first and I will not vote for an unproductive liar that behaves like an arrogant 13 year old kid having major meltdowns when he is caught in his lies. If you would rather continue to be stupid and lead to the slaughter house the by all means go for it...again. America is awake now. When we thought it couldn't get worse we got kicked in the head and shown just how bad it can really be. That's Obama's only real historical moment. His next historical moment will be how many times he uses Bush as an excuse and how many times he mentions the word "racist" as an excuse in his concession speech. Looking forward to the count. lol
hih

Providence, KY

#49626 Sep 24, 2012
Huh
Jay

Paris, TN

#49627 Sep 24, 2012
"Fast and Furious" began under the Bush administration.
Barack Obama on Thursday, September 20th, 2012 in an interview on Univision

The Truth-O-Meter Says:
Our ruling

Obama said that the Fast and Furious program began "under the previous administration." That is not the case; Fast and Furious did begin during the time Obama held office.

Another similar program, called Operation Wide Receiver, did happen during the Bush administration, and a recent inspector general’s report criticized both operations as ineffective and seriously flawed.

But Operation Wide Receiver is not the same thing as the Fast and Furious program. We rate Obama’s statement False.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#49628 Sep 24, 2012
firstofthemonther wrote:
Karl Rove NEEDS to "pick up his marbles and go HOME!"
Quit running his "trap" on ANY news channel!

John Boehner needs to go home.
Several rinos DO...
Along with a whole "boatload" of Democrats.
Let them take a "slow boat to China" .....
See ya....

Maybe a "perfect storm" will come thru ...:)
Jay

Paris, TN

#49629 Sep 24, 2012
get up earlier for real wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you brain dead when Obama, Biden and a host of other corrupt democrat politicians made the rounds doing a few town hall meetings and set the questions up with the audience participants beforehand? Funny you've never mentioned that but now you want us to believe that you KNOW these things about Romney. Obviously you are trying to deceive and distort and distract like any good little Obamoron would do.
Newsflash...it's not working! lmao!
~~~~~~~~~~

Agree.

Don't people realize what it takes to get into a town hall when the president will be answering questions? People don't just walk in and say they just want to be part of the audience to ask him questions. LOL....NOT. Everyone is pre-selected, searched, their questions are scrutinized, making sure that they don't ask something at random to catch him off guard.

When he points to someone and says, "Next" he knows that the person selected will not ask him anything he can't answer. The whole question and answer thing is a joke on us.
Jay

Paris, TN

#49630 Sep 24, 2012
we won wrote:
We will win again and the stupid republicans cannot do anything about it.
Obama is for:
1. For gay marriage - He will get all of the gay & lesbian vote.
2. Open up the borders - He will get all of the hispanic vote because he let's them come and go as they please.
3. Food stamps & permanent unemployment checks - He will get all of the votes from people that get things from the government.
4. Obama loves unions - He will get all of the labor vote.
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!
Gonna win again!!!!!!!!!!
Obama - President for life!!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~

Are you still here trying to yank chains!!!? Good grief you are a PITA!!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#49631 Sep 24, 2012
Untold Loss: Media Blackout on Military Disaster on Obama's Watch
By Kim Zigfeld

Under the leadership of Barack H. Obama, though hardly noticed by the pro-Obama mainstream media, the U.S. Marine Corps has suffered its worst air squadron catastrophe since Vietnam, and its prized VMA-211 squadron has taken its worst hit since its defense of Wake Island in World War II.
It happened on September 14, 2012, northwest of the city of Lashkar Gah in southern Afghanistan. A team of fewer than two dozen Taliban fighters attacked the USMC's massive Camp Bastion base there, killing VMA-211 squadron commander Lt. Col. Christopher Raible and destroying or permanently disabling eight of the ten top-of-the-line harrier AV-8B attack aircraft stationed under him. Out of production for more than a decade, these aircraft can never be replaced.
Perhaps even more impressive than the raid's results is the sophisticated planning that must have been required to carry it out. How did this band of radicals even manage to approach a highly advanced multi-national military base without being detected, much less force their way inside en masse? How were they able to attack so quickly and efficiently that, even though nearly every one of them was killed in the effort, they were able to harm the mighty leathernecks more than they had been in half a century?

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/untold...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#49632 Sep 24, 2012
OBAMA VS. OBAMA
Thomas Sowell on how BHO's promise of 'transparency' has worked out for America

Many voters will be comparing Mitt Romney with Barack Obama between now and Election Day. But what might be even more revealing would be comparing Obama with Obama. There is a big contrast between Obama based on his rhetoric (“Obama 1&#8243;) and Obama based on his record (“Obama 2&#8243;).

For example, during the 2008 election campaign, Obama 1 spoke of “opening up and creating more transparency in government,” so that government spending plans would be posted on the Internet for days before they passed into legislation. After he was elected president, Obama said,“My administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.”

This Obama 1 sounds like a very good fellow. No wonder so many people voted for him.

But then there is Obama 2. He passed a mammoth Obamacare bill so fast that even members of Congress didn’t have time to read it, much less the general public. It was by no means posted on the Internet for days before the vote, as promised.

The Constitution of the United States requires transparency as well. When people are nominated by a president to become Cabinet members, the Constitution requires that they be confirmed by the Senate before they can take office, so that facts about them can become known before they are given the powers of their offices.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/obama-vs-obama/
Jay

Paris, TN

#49633 Sep 24, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Untold Loss: Media Blackout on Military Disaster on Obama's Watch
By Kim Zigfeld
Under the leadership of Barack H. Obama, though hardly noticed by the pro-Obama mainstream media, the U.S. Marine Corps has suffered its worst air squadron catastrophe since Vietnam, and its prized VMA-211 squadron has taken its worst hit since its defense of Wake Island in World War II.
It happened on September 14, 2012, northwest of the city of Lashkar Gah in southern Afghanistan. A team of fewer than two dozen Taliban fighters attacked the USMC's massive Camp Bastion base there, killing VMA-211 squadron commander Lt. Col. Christopher Raible and destroying or permanently disabling eight of the ten top-of-the-line harrier AV-8B attack aircraft stationed under him. Out of production for more than a decade, these aircraft can never be replaced.

Perhaps even more impressive than the raid's results is the sophisticated planning that must have been required to carry it out. How did this band of radicals even manage to approach a highly advanced multi-national military base without being detected, much less force their way inside en masse? How were they able to attack so quickly and efficiently that, even though nearly every one of them was killed in the effort, they were able to harm the mighty leathernecks more than they had been in half a century?
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/untold...
~~~~~~~~~

This is the kind of stuff the news media should be reporting on. But no! We have to listen to the crap about Romney's taxes and how much his wife paid for a blouse as opposed to Michelle Obama's suit jacket.

Nothing but tripe!!!
Jay

Paris, TN

#49634 Sep 24, 2012
BLS: Obama Unemployment Rate Above 8% Longer Than Any Other President Since 1948
September 18, 2012

( CNSNews.com )– Excluding January 2009, the month when Barack Obama was inaugurated, unemployment has stayed above 8 percent, which is longer than under any other administration since the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) started measuring the monthly jobless rate: Over 8 percent for 43 months during Obama compared to a total of 39 months above 8 percent between 1948 and 2008.

Over the course of 50 years, the unemployment rate in the United States was above 8 percent for a total of 3 years and 3 months; under Obama alone, the rate has been above 8 percent for 3 years and 7 months.

Also, no other president presided over three consecutive years of average annual unemployment of more than 8 percent before Obama, according to the BLS data.

Prior to Obama no president presided over three years of average annual unemployment of 8 percent. The average annual unemployment for 2009 was 9.3 percent, in 2010 it was 9.6 percent and was 8.9 percent in 2011.
GrandDragon

Russellville, KY

#49635 Sep 25, 2012
Jay wrote:
BLS: Obama Unemployment Rate Above 8% Longer Than Any Other President Since 1948
September 18, 2012
( CNSNews.com )– Excluding January 2009, the month when Barack Obama was inaugurated, unemployment has stayed above 8 percent, which is longer than under any other administration since the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) started measuring the monthly jobless rate: Over 8 percent for 43 months during Obama compared to a total of 39 months above 8 percent between 1948 and 2008.
Over the course of 50 years, the unemployment rate in the United States was above 8 percent for a total of 3 years and 3 months; under Obama alone, the rate has been above 8 percent for 3 years and 7 months.
Also, no other president presided over three consecutive years of average annual unemployment of more than 8 percent before Obama, according to the BLS data.
Prior to Obama no president presided over three years of average annual unemployment of 8 percent. The average annual unemployment for 2009 was 9.3 percent, in 2010 it was 9.6 percent and was 8.9 percent in 2011.
Why don't the Repubs remember the 700,000 per month job losses before Obama. As far as unemployment numbers from 1929 to 1941 the rate was over 10% and got as high as 23%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim French closing? 45 min Bye-Bye 10
Amber Childers 56 min Alpha 2
Why did EMS take their director to Louisville i... 1 hr CATM 3
someone name trish (Feb '14) 1 hr Etown 7
Kelley goodmen 8 hr Turn around 3
Remembering Amber Childers 8 hr Magic Mike 33
Bootz 13 hr daddy cool j 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages