Tatu or Big Daddys?
Jess

Alexandria, KY

#21 Jan 18, 2012
Big Daddys does my home family. Trey and Adam are very funny!! Tell jokes , act out movie scenes! Hilarious !!
Teddy Toregas

United States

#22 Jan 18, 2012
Seems like the Tatu crew has a lot of friends, but the work's kinda meh. Known a lot of people who's had work at Big Daddy's and their work looks nice. I'd stay with the experience here. It is your body after all
lissa

Elizabethtown, KY

#23 Jan 18, 2012
I reccomend Adrain at Big Daddys...he done all mine and at amazing prices. Ive had some of them for quite some time and they havent even began to fade. He is also very lighthanded and will work around your schedule =-)
James

Centerville, TX

#24 Jan 20, 2012
I did a Lil research and found out tatu is full of shit!! They say their award winning? But only trophies they have won is from a convention they threw on? Their work in my opinion , is horrible!! Go to Big Daddys tattoo.
Chris

Centerville, TX

#25 Jan 20, 2012
I don't know about that but they do suck!

Since: Jan 12

Campbellsville, KY

#26 Jan 21, 2012
I'm def going to Big Daddys after reading all this but I have another question now lol. How much do you think it would cost there to get a tattoo that goes completely across the forearm both ways? It will be one word and only in black. I just want to get an idea of what to expect to pay for it :).
Tattooed Up

Smithland, KY

#31 Jun 30, 2012
Personally I wouldn't berate a particular shop because of shitty work from one person. Whether it is Big Daddys, Tatu, Modern Age, or what ever, check out the portfolio of the artists. With that being said, the shop is responsible for the cleanliness of the shop and making sure that their artists are conforming the health standards set by the state and city. Make sure you check to see that your artist has a license, if they are keeping an autoclave log (required by the state), and that the booths are clean. It is required by kentucky state standards that all artists mop between tattoos too...Here's the thing, ask questions. If they give you an attitude for asking, they are probably hiding something. Do your research for YOURSELF and not from someone who may have had a bad experience somewhere. CHECK PORTFOLIOS!!!! Simple as that. If the artist has a shitty portfolio...dont get tattooed by them. It is your choice.
digruntled

Elk Horn, KY

#32 Jun 30, 2012
tatu sucks. they gave me a shitty tattoo and it got infected. first tattoo i've ever had get infected in 20 years of getting inked all over the country. when i called to complain, they told me i messed up by using a&d ointment. problem is, tatu GIVES YOU A&D OINTMENT AFTER YOU GET A TAT DONE THERE. 7518
Tattooed Up

Smithland, KY

#33 Jun 30, 2012
You shouldn't use A&D ointment more than 2 days, You can clog pores with it. The infection was probably due to your pores being clogged with bacteria and A&D. To clean a tattoo you need to wash it with antibacterial soap THOROUGHLY. Modern Age has a great page on how you should have taken care of your tattoo. http://www.modernagetattoo.com/faq.php
The truth

United States

#34 Jun 30, 2012
I live in New Jersy and visited some family in KY. And I stopped into Bog Daddy's tattoo in Hardin county. I guy named Tray did mine and I've gotten work from all over the world . Tray is one sick ass artist he free handed like a half sleeve in me , Unbelievable!!! Lines so clean, color still super bright after four years!!! My next Trip to Ky I'll diff hit him up again! Thanks Tray , everyone of the artist in Jersy said your work is on point son !! Much Respect!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#35 Jul 1, 2012
Chris at Modern Age is the shit!!!! He used to work for Big Daddy's. Back then Big Daddy's was good. Now they ARE all snobs! My husband and I went in there to get tats and they never cam e out of the back to wait on us. Two half naked teenage girls came in and they were falling out of the back to come help them! That was the last time i set foot in Big Daddy's. Chris is AWESOME. He is so good he has about a one month waiting list to get in to see him. Your best bet is Modern Age with Chris.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#37 Jul 2, 2012
both suck. crawl out of ur etown hole.
The truth

United States

#38 Jul 2, 2012
nibblets wrote:
both suck. crawl out of ur etown hole.
Then who's the best? Shitlets?
Art n soul

Salem, IN

#39 Jul 3, 2012
They r the shit art nf soul victor b goes hard real talk I got all my work from him nf prices r better then anybody promise u that that boi is dope boi fresh lol much love Vic do u people just don't understand till they see if u all don't believe me just check out his work
tyler

Erlanger, KY

#40 Nov 3, 2012
nope.
big daddys hands down.
check it out urself.

http://www.bigdaddystattoo.com
Jenna

Georgetown, KY

#41 Nov 4, 2012
BIG DADDY'S is definitely the best way to go, just look at their portfolios and you will see an outstanding difference compared to any 'artist'(i say artist because they like to call themselves that) at Tatu or pretty much any other shop around for that matter.
beckykay

Elizabethtown, KY

#42 Feb 21, 2013
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>First rule of thumb is to never go to a place that cannot spell tatoo.
that's funny coming from someone who can't spell TATTOO themselves
big daddys

Lexington, KY

#43 Feb 21, 2013
What kind of question is that? Seriously, tatu sucks.
haha

Tucker, GA

#44 Feb 21, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>i think the min at big daddys is 40, i got a small neck tattoo there and it was $40. they do good work i just think they r snobs, they think they r better than every tattoo shop around. they pretty much made fun of my tattoo while i was getting it done, they think they r just too good for some ppls business, while i will say they do good work i dont think they should have that attitude about anyone the 'little people' are who keeps them in business u know? i havent heard ANYTHING about tatu in the mall either. my reccomendation is baldys and ask for robbie i have 8 tattoos one from big daddys and the rest from robbie at baldys and i have never been less than impressed with his work and prices
yea I know people that have gotten hepitites from both baldys and Tatu. You better go to big daddy's or modern age. The other two are a joke
whooo

Elizabethtown, KY

#45 Feb 21, 2013
Really cares? I've heard of countless infections from Tatu, tons of mispelled and blown out/ crocked lines from Big Daddys (However Tray has improved a lot the past few years), rumors that Baldy was on drugs, and have a tattoo myself from Modern Ink that the owner did. that he buried the needle in and somehow it managed to fall out within 10 day..not to mention while he was tattooing me he had a gun sitting on the counter next to me.
With all that being said, the only Three people in this area I might be able to trust would have to be, Tray, Adrianne (if you check his spelling and placement) and Chris Mcmillen if he's actually into the art he's putting on your body.
Chances are none of you will take any of this into consideration, so good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Casey? Dead or Missing? 7 min Wonder 6
what happened to homeless beggers post at walmart? 59 min okk 5
Who said Harry Berry could sell OUR hospital? (May '17) 3 hr Homie 59
dumb McDonald's employees (Mar '15) 4 hr holy holy 26
Hardin County Child Support 7 hr Granni629 8
Courtney pendley 8 hr Sad 7
Lets play name those rats 10 hr Mite be right 18

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance