January 8 Vote on Expanded Alcohol Sales
Jejjejej

Cave City, KY

#82 Jan 6, 2013
PRAY NO to Alcohol wrote:
Big Sunday at worship services this morning. Folks in my church are really going to be out in force to VOTE NO on the 8th. And we're going to use the momentum from our VICTORY OVER EVIL to take our town back from SATAN. As soon as the law permits it, we will be passing petitions to get a NO vote back on the ballot. By then the folly of the YES vote will be obvious to all, and we will WIN. So enjoy your alcohol while you can, DRUNKS AND HEATHENS, because it will soon be GONE.
This guy has to be a Poe. He just has to.
believe a cracker

Campbellsville, KY

#83 Jan 6, 2013
Jejjejej wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy has to be a Poe. He just has to.
im not sure what a "poe" is ,but i almost agree. i think this is a fake post,but please educate me on the word "poe"
Poe

Elizabethtown, KY

#84 Jan 6, 2013
believe a cracker wrote:
<quoted text>im not sure what a "poe" is ,but i almost agree. i think this is a fake post,but please educate me on the word "poe"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe 's_law
Una Thumper

Campbellsville, KY

#85 Jan 6, 2013
believe a cracker wrote:
<quoted text>im not sure what a "poe" is ,but i almost agree. i think this is a fake post,but please educate me on the word "poe"
the beauty of a Poe is that without a :-) or similar sign, you can't tell one from a genuine religious zealot. Even if this IS a Poe, you can be sure there's somebody out there even wackier.
anon

Vilonia, AR

#86 Jan 6, 2013
The yes voters need to take a list of the churches that are getting involved in politics and report them. Make them lose their tax exemption.
believe a cracker

Campbellsville, KY

#87 Jan 6, 2013
Una Thumper wrote:
<quoted text>the beauty of a Poe is that without a :-) or similar sign, you can't tell one from a genuine religious zealot. Even if this IS a Poe, you can be sure there's somebody out there even wackier.
k , i was unsure if it had anything to do with poet.
now i understand, and agree this poster has to be a poe. haha
thanks for the education.
i could be considered a religious zealot,because i believe in God and the bible, and i stand by my beliefs. the problem with most believers today is that they dont even understand,or read the bible they defend. they take a pastors word for it. that is my definition of a true zealot,in my opinion. do people that dont believe, understand the difference between me and them?
amen corner

Elizabethtown, KY

#88 Jan 6, 2013
anon wrote:
The yes voters need to take a list of the churches that are getting involved in politics and report them. Make them lose their tax exemption.
can i get a big AMEN on that???????
believe a cracker

Campbellsville, KY

#89 Jan 6, 2013
anon wrote:
well now on this point you are getting way ahead of yourself. if you were to do that,you would also have to quit tax payer funding for national public radio,because they side with the left politicaly more than often and are not only tax exempt,but tax payer funded. can we be real? think about it.
anon

Vilonia, AR

#90 Jan 6, 2013
believe a cracker wrote:
<quoted text>well now on this point you are getting way ahead of yourself. if you were to do that,you would also have to quit tax payer funding for national public radio,because they side with the left politicaly more than often and are not only tax exempt,but tax payer funded. can we be real? think about it.
NPR has been known to side with both sides from time to time. And NPR hasn't been federally funded since the 80's IIRC. Apples and oranges.
believe a cracker

Campbellsville, KY

#91 Jan 6, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
NPR has been known to side with both sides from time to time. And NPR hasn't been federally funded since the 80's IIRC. Apples and oranges.
you know good and well npr is still taxpayer funded,and you also know that it has a progressive format. it cant be apples and oranges just because you disagree.
we are getting way off topic here.
believe a cracker

Campbellsville, KY

#92 Jan 6, 2013
believe a cracker wrote:
<quoted text>you know good and well npr is still taxpayer funded,and you also know that it has a progressive format. it cant be apples and oranges just because you disagree.
we are getting way off topic here.
oh i see,you are playing games with acronyms,smart,kinda cute,but pathetic.
Mandy

Big Clifty, KY

#93 Jan 6, 2013
PRAY NO to Alcohol wrote:
Big Sunday at worship services this morning. Folks in my church are really going to be out in force to VOTE NO on the 8th. And we're going to use the momentum from our VICTORY OVER EVIL to take our town back from SATAN. As soon as the law permits it, we will be passing petitions to get a NO vote back on the ballot. By then the folly of the YES vote will be obvious to all, and we will WIN. So enjoy your alcohol while you can, DRUNKS AND HEATHENS, because it will soon be GONE.
I hope your family gets you professional help. You sound crazy.
More places to eat WHY

Clarkson, KY

#94 Jan 6, 2013
I don't care if it goes wet or not, but to give one of the main reasons for going wet is to open MORE places to eat, REALLY? I can understand the downtown area could use some help, couple bars, pool hall, bistros, whatever to bring downtown into the year 2000, lol, but to add more chain restaurants like buffalo wild wings, hooters, wick's pizza-- we don't have the population to keep supporting what we have already. Have you driven by some of the other chain restaurants lately on a weeknight? They can barely keep their doors open with only a handful of cars. I read that beef's would close their doors if hooters or similar came to town. Hell, you people already tip crappy compared to other towns/cities, you think you will have enough good servers/staff to open up more places here?? The good talent is moving away from this area. Too many 10% tippers driving away the best of the best. Soon you will see gum chewing toothless grannies bringing you your pile on a plate. It's all good as long as the food/pile/beer is cheap and gets to your table without roaches crawling on it, right?
my understanding

Elizabethtown, KY

#95 Jan 7, 2013
my understanding is the vote will bring a little more fairness to all involved serving food. before the limits were you had to be a big server to have the alcohol. so many seats, so many sales. now this will let the smaller owners be able to compete and maybe boost their sales. i could be wrong. i was once, but i was mistaken.
Chef

Campbellsville, KY

#96 Jan 7, 2013
my understanding wrote:
my understanding is the vote will bring a little more fairness to all involved serving food. before the limits were you had to be a big server to have the alcohol. so many seats, so many sales. now this will let the smaller owners be able to compete and maybe boost their sales. i could be wrong. i was once, but i was mistaken.
You're exactly right. The smaller venues cannot exist with today's rules. And larger venues cannot fit into the available downtown spaces. We'll never have a great place to eat like "Circa", or a fabulous pizza parlor like "Impellizzeri's" UNLESS we level the playing field. It's NOT about more places to eat. It's about BETTER places. Bardstown beats us for entertainment and tourist dollars for a reason. They present better options. Imagine our downtown with the same kinds of amenities! Leveling THAT playing field is also important. Vote YES and help make it happen.
Truth

Elizabethtown, KY

#97 Jan 7, 2013
The Jan 8th vote will lift the regulations of "must seat 100 people" and "70% of sales must be food" in order to serve alcohol in a restaurant. Long story short, anyone can open any hole in the hole and sell drinks whether they sell food or not. When morons proceed to drive themselves to the establishment, drink inside until they cut them off, and then pull out and back over a child or hit someone's car in the lot, then I believe that attitudes will change. Many of you who what to vote yes have said yourselves that its here and everywhere already. Isn't that enough? It won't better our town enough to risk lives or to depreciate property value in certain area due to the trouble makers and the alcoholics turning them into hang outs and causing people to avoid those areas. Bardstown passed the vote yes, but have also since had to expand their jail and hospital emergency wing. It takes just a few idiots to ruin a said "good thing for revenue". Wake up people and weigh the pros and cons. Christian or not use common sense. VOTE NO!
Chef

Campbellsville, KY

#98 Jan 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
The Jan 8th vote will lift the regulations of "must seat 100 people" and "70% of sales must be food" in order to serve alcohol in a restaurant. Long story short, anyone can open any hole in the hole and sell drinks whether they sell food or not. When morons proceed to drive themselves to the establishment, drink inside until they cut them off, and then pull out and back over a child or hit someone's car in the lot, then I believe that attitudes will change. Many of you who what to vote yes have said yourselves that its here and everywhere already. Isn't that enough? It won't better our town enough to risk lives or to depreciate property value in certain area due to the trouble makers and the alcoholics turning them into hang outs and causing people to avoid those areas. Bardstown passed the vote yes, but have also since had to expand their jail and hospital emergency wing. It takes just a few idiots to ruin a said "good thing for revenue". Wake up people and weigh the pros and cons. Christian or not use common sense. VOTE NO!
Those few morons were here before the first "YES" vote brought liquor by the drink to Elizabethtown restaurants, and they had all the booze they wanted. And Bardstown has expanded many things over the last several years. WHY? Because Bardstown is growing. You won't find any "hole in the hole" establishments there, and you won't find them here a year from now if the initiative passes. WHY? Because there is no market for a straight up, old fashioned neighborhood bar in our town. If one opened, it would quickly go out of business. Too much competition from O'Charley's, Beef and the like. And a vibrant downtown would INCREASE property values while enhancing quality of life. The NAY SAYERS promised filth, prostitution and drunks passed out on sidewalks prior to the 2011 YES vote. None of that has come to pass, nor will it. And trying to frighten voters with more of the same is an empty argument. YES, alcohol is here now. IT ALWAYS WAS. The only difference is we can BUY it here now. That turned out to be the good thing that the YES folks predicted it would be. Missing this opportunity to help improve our downtown, add great new places for eating and entertainment, and continue to expand our economy would be a shame. Weigh those "pros and cons", and Vote YES on January 8th.
PRAY NO To Alcohol

Brandenburg, KY

#99 Jan 7, 2013
Just sayin', KEEP Prayin'! Vote NO. Booze must go.
God is watching, Jesus is waiting, and when those polls close, Satan will be headed down I-65 as fast as his cloven little hooves can take him, a six-pack under each arm.

And what's a Poe? Don't know!
The Point

United States

#100 Jan 7, 2013
PRAY NO To Alcohol wrote:
Just sayin', KEEP Prayin'! Vote NO. Booze must go.
God is watching, Jesus is waiting, and when those polls close, Satan will be headed down I-65 as fast as his cloven little hooves can take him, a six-pack under each arm.
And what's a Poe? Don't know!
Great image. But I thought Satan had wings? You think he'll have Bud or Miller (or one of each)?
Bob

Brandenburg, KY

#101 Jan 7, 2013
The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
Great image. But I thought Satan had wings? You think he'll have Bud or Miller (or one of each)?
Drinking and flying is dangerous. He might crash into a church steeple and get skewered. And that beer will be Helles Lager, brewed by The Devils Backbone Brewing Company. Satan's a major stockholder. After tomorrow's victory by the Forces of Evil, he might even open a brew pub downtown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Councilwoman Cindy Walker 1 hr Marcus 14
Serena and Tina what do you know about these 2 ... 4 hr wow baby 7
Savannah and Cindy are trolls 6 hr Cindy H 9
Communicare Job Cuts (Feb '11) 7 hr Kylie 60
Amber's Not Getting Out Anytime Soon 7 hr Cindy H 17
calvin thompson 7 hr Yes 6
hells angels (Sep '13) 9 hr Paula 44

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance