January 8 Vote on Expanded Alcohol Sales

Posted in the Elizabethtown Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
PRAY NO to Alcohol

Vine Grove, KY

#1 Jan 1, 2013
Say NO to this sinful initiative. Demon Alcohol has taken over our community enough already. This vote will usher in even more abuses as bars spring up all over town. Crime, filth and prostitution will no doubt follow. None of us will be safe from the onslaught of drunken drivers who will be filling our streets, careening over curbs, running red lights and wreaking havoc. Our Lord God is testing us. I PRAY -- Don't let him down...AGAIN! Jesus is watching, and HE will be judging you! Vote NO on January 8th.
Lets see

Nashville, TN

#2 Jan 1, 2013
Vote yes so we can have more jobs here and better places to eat!
the truth

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Jan 1, 2013
It doesn't matter what we pray for. If it is Gods will it will happen either way. Obama is president isn't he?
jrh

Leitchfield, KY

#4 Jan 1, 2013
vote no on alcohol sales, ask your parents if they lived in e-town in the 20s/30s and they can tell you what e-town was like when alcohol was here it was a rough town in those days
Lets see

Nashville, TN

#5 Jan 1, 2013
jrh wrote:
vote no on alcohol sales, ask your parents if they lived in e-town in the 20s/30s and they can tell you what e-town was like when alcohol was here it was a rough town in those days
Shake shake wake up and pay attention!
Ralph

Vine Grove, KY

#6 Jan 1, 2013
What the heck does something that happened in the 20's and 30's have to do with today? And ask your parents who lived here in the 70's, 80's and 90's what it was like when you couldn't buy as much as one beer in Hardin County. I'm one of them, and I can tell you -- IT SUCKED. And as I recall from history class, Prohibition ran from 1920 to 1933, which would account for most of the time period "JRH" references. Somebody's parents have a pretty bad memory, or they're recalling how bad things got during Prohibition, when you couldn't get a drink around here. Plus, WE'VE HAD ALCOHOL in E-town since about 2000 and things are pretty much like they always were...only better. Where have you been JRH, asleep? All we're voting on is getting rid of the 70/30, 100 seat restrictions.

And it would seem to me that Jesus has better things to do than monitor the wet vote in E-town. Right? This IS NOT a moral issue, it's economics and quality of life. I, for one, am voting YES on January 8th.
Lets see

Nashville, TN

#7 Jan 1, 2013
I also hear the dui rate has increased but everytime i check the sunday paper i dont see nothing more that used to be, in fact its less. what the deal with that?
Lets see

Nashville, TN

#8 Jan 1, 2013
Ralph wrote:
What the heck does something that happened in the 20's and 30's have to do with today? And ask your parents who lived here in the 70's, 80's and 90's what it was like when you couldn't buy as much as one beer in Hardin County. I'm one of them, and I can tell you -- IT SUCKED. And as I recall from history class, Prohibition ran from 1920 to 1933, which would account for most of the time period "JRH" references. Somebody's parents have a pretty bad memory, or they're recalling how bad things got during Prohibition, when you couldn't get a drink around here. Plus, WE'VE HAD ALCOHOL in E-town since about 2000 and things are pretty much like they always were...only better. Where have you been JRH, asleep? All we're voting on is getting rid of the 70/30, 100 seat restrictions.
And it would seem to me that Jesus has better things to do than monitor the wet vote in E-town. Right? This IS NOT a moral issue, it's economics and quality of life. I, for one, am voting YES on January 8th.
Well said Mr. Ralph!
PRAY NO to Alcohol

Vine Grove, KY

#9 Jan 1, 2013
As is obvious from some of the posts hear, the Forces of Evil are all around us. DO NOT LET THEM WIN! And remember, every dollar spent in one of the many bars that will be hear if they do win will be a dollar taken from the mouth of a hungrey child or the Sunday collection plate in a place of worship. No good can come of this, ONLY DESTRUCTION! EPHESIANS 005:018 tells us, "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit." Amen LORD, Amen. Vote NO and rejoice!
fact

Vine Grove, KY

#10 Jan 1, 2013
Lets see wrote:
I also hear the dui rate has increased but everytime i check the sunday paper i dont see nothing more that used to be, in fact its less. what the deal with that?
The local newspaper does not report all DUI's, or other crimes, that go through the court. I have no idea why. It seems like they pick and choose what they want to put in the paper. All you have to do is go to the court house any day of the week and you will can see hundreds of criminal cases each week, including DUI's.
Lets see

Nashville, TN

#11 Jan 1, 2013
PRAY NO to Alcohol wrote:
As is obvious from some of the posts hear, the Forces of Evil are all around us. DO NOT LET THEM WIN! And remember, every dollar spent in one of the many bars that will be hear if they do win will be a dollar taken from the mouth of a hungrey child or the Sunday collection plate in a place of worship. No good can come of this, ONLY DESTRUCTION! EPHESIANS 005:018 tells us, "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit." Amen LORD, Amen. Vote NO and rejoice!
I'm not evil and there is nothing about me evil, not everybody believes the same as you do.
Lets see

Nashville, TN

#12 Jan 1, 2013
fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The local newspaper does not report all DUI's, or other crimes, that go through the court. I have no idea why. It seems like they pick and choose what they want to put in the paper. All you have to do is go to the court house any day of the week and you will can see hundreds of criminal cases each week, including DUI's.
should have figured.
Lets see

Nashville, TN

#13 Jan 1, 2013
Tell ya something else that grips me, i live in county with elizabethtown address and i have no say so. i believe that i should have a vote in my community.
Jackson

Vine Grove, KY

#14 Jan 1, 2013
Lets see wrote:
Tell ya something else that grips me, i live in county with elizabethtown address and i have no say so. i believe that i should have a vote in my community.
they tried that and weren't successful getting enough good signatures. Plenty signed, but many were not registered voters.
fact

Vine Grove, KY

#15 Jan 1, 2013
Lets see wrote:
I bet you don't hate NOT paying city taxes though!
Lets see

Nashville, TN

#16 Jan 1, 2013
fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you don't hate NOT paying city taxes though!
True! but i pay everything else and buy everything i need in town.
PRAY NO to Alcohol

Vine Grove, KY

#17 Jan 1, 2013
Lets see wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not evil and there is nothing about me evil, not everybody believes the same as you do.
. Well they should. Or they shall pay the ultimate price for all of eternity. There is only one true God, and HE votes NO! I'll be voting with him.
uh huh

Campbellsville, KY

#18 Jan 1, 2013
PRAY NO to Alcohol wrote:
<quoted text>. Well they should. Or they shall pay the ultimate price for all of eternity. There is only one true God, and HE votes NO! I'll be voting with him.
You're adorable. Can I scratch your little head?
jrh

Leitchfield, KY

#19 Jan 1, 2013
go on and make fun of it, but you let a under age drunk driver hit your family head on and kill them you will be the first person who says how did he get the booze, well dummy somebody got it for him at the corner bar or liquor joint, give somebody a extra five dollar bill he will get you what you want
Chef

Vine Grove, KY

#20 Jan 1, 2013
jrh wrote:
go on and make fun of it, but you let a under age drunk driver hit your family head on and kill them you will be the first person who says how did he get the booze, well dummy somebody got it for him at the corner bar or liquor joint, give somebody a extra five dollar bill he will get you what you want
the scenario you describe can only happen at a venue that sells package goods. Those venues ALREADY exist in E-town. That's not what we're voting for next week, dummy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Craig Givan 24 min Ha Ha Ha 4
Remembering Amber Childers 1 hr George L Rockwell 10
Does anyone know anything about Brent Talley an... 1 hr Just say n 5
Phetermine 2 hr Abc 1
Bootz 2 hr Wondering 3
Drug bust in Elizabethtown! (Dec '14) 2 hr Wondering 13
Old Photos of Hardin County (Apr '15) 2 hr bigworm 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages