any truth to rumors about AP Tech (AGC)?

any truth to rumors about AP Tech (AGC)?

Posted in the Elizabethtown Forum

WTF

United States

#1 Nov 19, 2008
heard 170 got laid off there today....what's up?
WTF

United States

#2 Nov 19, 2008
found out from the wife of an employee there...130 let go last night at AP with a severance check of $10,000 each. any one know any thing other than that???
etown

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Nov 19, 2008
just heard from my husband that AGC is going to layoff 150 people effective Dec 19. They are being given $10,000.
get it right

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Nov 19, 2008
they are laying off 131 people, one of which being a temporary that is already gone. The rest are getting the oppurtunity to take a 10,000 dollar buyout. Regardless, in the end 130 will lose their job.
whatever

Sonora, KY

#5 Nov 20, 2008
do you work there or are you going by what FOX 41 is saying. I was told that there are 130 PRODUCTION people and 1 temp (who only works about 10 hours a week to begin with) and there are about 20 or so from salary and office that are getting laid off. This is happening at the E'town & Ohio plants.
Bellefontaine Ohio

Lancaster, OH

#6 Nov 20, 2008
worked at ap technoglass since 1990s
testerday they told us 54 hourly people will be Dec 19 FACT!!!
Bellefontaine Ohio

Lancaster, OH

#7 Nov 20, 2008
worked at ap technoglass since 1990s
yesterday they told us 54 hourly people will be OUT Dec 19 FACT!!!
big deal

Columbia, KY

#8 Nov 21, 2008
why are you even arguing about it. So each of you heard different things.....BIG DAMN DEAL. It just makes you look like a disgruntled employee. Maybe your one that got AXED from AGC. And if your in Ohio who cares what your opinion of what is going on in E'town. So your perfect and thinks no one else can post what they have heard, fact or fiction. GROW UP and STOP trying to start a fight!
one who cares

Lancaster, OH

#9 Nov 21, 2008
what do you mean BIG DAMN DEAL?! people are losing their jobs. they still have families to take care of and bills to pay!! whether being in bellefontaine or elizabethtown. i work in the bellefontaine plant and i am lucky to still have my job RIGHT NOW!!! but it's not looking good for anyone. i hope for the best for everyone who are losing their jobs at agc!!!!
morty

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 Dec 29, 2008
Has anyone heard who purchased the fabrication arms of AGC?
AGC Ohio

Delphos, OH

#11 Feb 18, 2009
My husband has 7 years and multiple years of schooling they paid for on top of what he brought to them. He is a great! employee. He is losing his job on the 27th. There are people there who still have their job that think it is funny these folks are being let go. They are also not going by seniority, there are line workers that you can train in a week keeping there job while he is losing his. Think management think! Whether it was him or some other skilled worker you would think they would hang on for dear life to honest, hard working people.
just wondering

United States

#12 Feb 19, 2009
heard the etown plant is closing its doors any truth to that???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Akebono or Metalsa, which is better 3 hr Aryn 3
Nick stepp 4 hr BATMAN 10
News Hardin Co. man indicted for leaving child in ho... 6 hr BATMAN 1
Fake!!!! 6 hr purpose 3
Fat Women Of Elizabethtown 6 hr Guess who 53
anonymous 6 hr DIVIDEDWEFALL777 1
Haunted, cursed, just bad vibes??? (Nov '14) 6 hr Susie 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages