Akebono production assistant jobs

Posted in the Elizabethtown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joann

Liberty, KY

#1 Jan 22, 2010
I was just out at the Unemployment Office in E'town and it is posted out there that Akebono brakes will be taking applications there on January 27 (Wednesday) starting at 7:30 am. Just wanted to get the word out if anyone is looking for a job you might check in to it
Joann

Liberty, KY

#2 Jan 22, 2010
they are taking them at PRITCHARD COMMUNITY CENTER not the Unemployment office from 9-5. Also verified it through Akebono HR Department
YEP

Kodak, TN

#3 Jan 22, 2010
Joann wrote:
they are taking them at PRITCHARD COMMUNITY CENTER not the Unemployment office from 9-5. Also verified it through Akebono HR Department
And it should have stated Production Associate jobs....
Joann

Liberty, KY

#4 Jan 22, 2010
it did, my mistake on the WRONG title
Big booty

United States

#5 Jan 22, 2010
Do u know how much they pay
Joann

Liberty, KY

#6 Jan 22, 2010
no, i'm sorry I didn't see that or even ask. You could call their HR dept and ask.
Maybe

Kodak, TN

#7 Jan 22, 2010
Big booty wrote:
Do u know how much they pay
Not real sure of their new start pay, probably $11 or $12 an hour, top pay is $15.75. Hope that helps. I heard that some of the Managers will be there and do interviews as well.
YEP

Kodak, TN

#8 Jan 22, 2010
Joann wrote:
it did, my mistake on the WRONG title
I am sorry, didn't mean for that to sound so rude. Just didn't want people thinking assistant because that usually means lower pay..lol
Joann

Liberty, KY

#9 Jan 23, 2010
its ok. I just worded it wrong without thinking about the difference between them.
Joann

Liberty, KY

#10 Jan 23, 2010
YEP it's ok. I never even gave it too much thought about the difference between the 2 titles.
Mike

Glasgow, KY

#11 Jan 27, 2010
How long does it usually take them to call back after filling out the applications?
Badtime

Duffield, VA

#12 Jan 27, 2010
With this recall of Toyota cars and stopped production of their cars, I wouldn't hold my breath getting a job right now
YEP

Kodak, TN

#13 Jan 27, 2010
They had around 1300 applications turned in today. It may take a while to go through them.
Badtime, The Toyota issue isn't slowing anything down as of yet, If it drags on for a long period then it might. As of today the word was that those lines would get their inventory to where it needs to be and then use those associates to eliminate as much overtime as possible. Hopefully Toyota will get things going again soon. I did talk to one of the People who was there for the job fair, he said it was a humbling experience. So many people needing work, he said that even though our times were tough at the plant he saw today how bad it was for others. Good luck to anyone who applied today.
fyi

Nashville, TN

#14 Jan 29, 2010
people need to understand that these job fairs aren't to hire people right away. If a large number of people are being hired quickly then you might get a call for an interview soon. These job fairs are primarily to rebuild the application pool after Akebono hires people. This way your application is in NEXT time Akebono hires.
YEP

Kodak, TN

#15 Jan 29, 2010
fyi wrote:
people need to understand that these job fairs aren't to hire people right away. If a large number of people are being hired quickly then you might get a call for an interview soon. These job fairs are primarily to rebuild the application pool after Akebono hires people. This way your application is in NEXT time Akebono hires.
You are correct, to an extent. AKEBONO hasn't held a job fair in over a year. I think it was spring 2007. They usually hold applications for one year and then do another fair. So I would say it is safe to say that some of the 1300+ people who turned in an application will get called for an interview. And runor has it that they will be adding between 200 and 300 people by the end of the year depending on how well business picks up..
Whynot

Duffield, VA

#17 Jan 30, 2010
200 temps maybe but not Assoc.
YEP

Kodak, TN

#18 Jan 31, 2010
Whynot wrote:
200 temps maybe but not Assoc.
Yes Associates. Trying to give out possitive information here, if all you can do is be negative, please keep it to yourself....
ah ha

Nashville, TN

#19 Jan 31, 2010
ah yes, whynot... Akebono is going to hire temporaries to manufacture all the new brake models on the new lines that were built in the past year to produce all the brakes for the Bosch business we acquired. good thinkin'. I'm sure Akebono's insurance comany would have no problem with people who are not employed by Akebono using dangerous, million dollar manufacturing equiptment. What could go wrong?
my opinion

Greensburg, KY

#20 Jan 31, 2010
Temps are almost a part of factory work, so the hiring of temps is not a negative. It is going to take awhile for things to get back to normal there, but they are, very slowly. But the people who are sitting by their phones waiting for an interview, don't give up, just don't expect it any time soon.
Whynot

Duffield, VA

#21 Jan 31, 2010
OK guys I worked there for 5 years. Lets see how much was the super plater worth. Temps ran it all the time. No temps do not run lines but they waterspider the lines, they deliver to lines and so forth. All I meant was that the number of 200-300 will be cut in half by temps. Didn't mean to start a war over this but the people that put in a application needs to know that akebono will hire temps when possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ipay 34 min blueeyes 7
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Obama Zombies 155,436
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Truth 7,184
Farm Land 2 hr Land 1
Pants Down Spanking??!! (Jun '11) 3 hr Binx1 291
Looking 4 a good doctor 4 hr Kelly 2
Utility Trailers (Aug '11) 5 hr little crazy 17

Elizabethtown Jobs

Elizabethtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elizabethtown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elizabethtown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]