Wondering

Greensburg, KY

#1 Jun 7, 2010
Heard Metalsa (Dana) was going to start calling people who had been laid off starting in 2006 back very soon. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?
Pecos Bill

Toledo, OH

#2 Jun 8, 2010
No, I believe everyone who has recall rights have already been called back. If they've been laid off since 2006 it's doubtful that they would be called back. However, once Metalsa needs more people they could re-hire them.
just me

Nashville, TN

#3 Jun 13, 2010
they need to hire ppl.... its bull sh*t that they gotta work on sat.... what about those single parents whos daycares arent open on sat and they dont have a babysitter? new owners means new workers... HIRE new ppl!
stopcrying

Gwynn Oak, MD

#4 Jun 13, 2010
If you cant work on a saturday then dont take the job. Let someone else have it that won't whine and cry because they have to work on a weekend!
Wondering

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jun 14, 2010
I agree, my husband worked there (Dana) for several years and was let go in 2006 in the first lay-off. He has now been layed off from his latest employer due to down-sizing as well. He will gladly work any day, any hours, no complaints as long as there is a paycheck and health insurance involved!
almost fooled

Bardstown, KY

#6 Nov 11, 2011
So is this a six day a week job? How much do you have to pay the temp service? How many hours per week?????
Dont do it

Vine Grove, KY

#7 Nov 14, 2011
Don't work for them, they not hiring, no matter what the Temp agency tell you. They plan on hiring all Temps from this point on and keep them as Temp permanently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women in KU office, Etown 9 min True 6
Do u ever think about back in the day? 57 min Only thing u are ... 23
Edna deemed a bully! 59 min Amy 1
Edna’s IP has been banned from Topix! 1 hr Staci 7
Bbw 4 hr EtownStrong 14
Christina Mattingly 5 hr Mark 4
buffalo lake 5 hr Mark 8

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance