Supporter of woman

Cheshire, CT

#224 Mar 23, 2012
now should be know
Yup

Bardstown, KY

#225 Mar 23, 2012
question wrote:
Wasn't there a gynocologist in E-town banging his patients a few years ago?
Yes, Dr Nethers, and he's still practicing! Weird thing is his wife works in his office and they stayed married!
Supporter of woman

Cheshire, CT

#226 Mar 23, 2012
I think most of the exam is a fraud. Its not using modern day technology, why? Its the same exam the have used for 100 yrs? W.t.f. is wrong with this picture. The breast exam know uses modern technology , mammogram, for quite a while know. Look at the way the technology for colon cancer has changed. The equipment kept evolving, right to the point of a colonoscopy. Which is 99% accurate, the only thing which makes it not 100% is user area. The prostate exam for men came up with the p.s.a. WHY are woman being left behind? One theory (not a put down, i love woman) woman arn't aggressive like men. Men demand things , people listen. Ladies your going to have to force change, stop accepting what male docs tell you. You desrve better then to be treated like a piece of meat, we are in the 21 st century.
nmd451

United States

#227 Mar 25, 2012
actually wrote:
I just did some research on the CSA blood test for HPV, the test only determines that youve had HPV at some point in your life(almost everyone), not if you currently have it. This is why doctors dont want to perform it very often and becauase its really expensive. Although if they can somehow make a test for the HPV antibodies that determines if you currently have HPV(high or low risk) I will look forward to taking this alternative instead of the uncomfortable pap. But as of right now you still need a pap to outrule high risk.
I disagree with the "almost everyone" note. If almost everyone had it, almost every pap would come back positive. At least if you don't, or have never had it...the woman would be clear and have no need for other unnecessary testing. This would be especially helpful for those women who are and have been in monogomus relationships for some time and are at little or no risk of getting HPV. Look at it this way...why would a women...married for let's say 10 years need to undergo a test for HPV every year when there is little..very little or no chance she could've gotten it???? What is the cervical cancer rate in nuns? 0(ZERO) or at least very close to zero...why? because they are not, other than some possible exceptions, sexually active. If an STD causes the cancer and you have no chance of getting that STD..why go thru humiliating exams to check for something that is not possible too get? Sorry if I sound redundant here. And if they do need a test, fine, go to a female where they don't have to worry so much about being assaulted...it happens..alot!!
nmd451

United States

#228 Mar 25, 2012
Supporter of woman wrote:
I think most of the exam is a fraud. Its not using modern day technology, why? Its the same exam the have used for 100 yrs? W.t.f. is wrong with this picture. The breast exam know uses modern technology , mammogram, for quite a while know. Look at the way the technology for colon cancer has changed. The equipment kept evolving, right to the point of a colonoscopy. Which is 99% accurate, the only thing which makes it not 100% is user area. The prostate exam for men came up with the p.s.a. WHY are woman being left behind? One theory (not a put down, i love woman) woman arn't aggressive like men. Men demand things , people listen. Ladies your going to have to force change, stop accepting what male docs tell you. You desrve better then to be treated like a piece of meat, we are in the 21 st century.
Amen!!
nmd451

United States

#229 Mar 25, 2012
Mandy wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just want the best medical care I can get, be it from a man or a woman. If I ever have to have a colonoscopy I have heard rave reviews about 1 man in particular so that is who I would probably go to.
Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinoin is based on fact...the fact that many, many women are improperly treated, sexually assaulted, etc,etc,etc, by male medical professionals. My point is...why take that chance??? It's just not worth the damage that can occur!! Why walk down that dark alley where women are known to be assaulted when you can walk down the lighted sidewalk that is safe?!?!?! Maybe you haven't had an ill experience, maybe you don't know you did. Picture takers, video takers, a few too many "exams"... I truly hope this isn't the case, but there are many picture takers out there and those women don't and will never know they have been expoited.
nmd451

United States

#230 Mar 26, 2012
supporter of woman wrote:
<quoted text> google Dr. Peter lafuria. Pete liked to take pictures. Is that you i see ?
Yes, I have read up on him...and many others too. Funny story, just went to th ER for my elbow...while I was sitting there I read the treatment agreement and it stated in no uncertain terms that they may take pictures of you for any medical or educational reasons. Wow!!! Why would someone want those nude pics of you or ur spouse shown on the big screen at med schools around the world...not to mention those who keep a few for themselves. Sickening!!!
nmd451

United States

#231 Mar 26, 2012
Mandy wrote:
I don't disagree with that at all. I am fine seeing a woman doctor(except for the one who made me uncomfortable). My doctor is probably close to retiring & I am sure I will end up seeing someone else in his practice & there are now more women doctor's there than men. I also see a female nurse practioner at my g.p.'s office who I do like better than the male doctor on staff as she takes more time with her patients'. I just have a problem with all the people on here who care a pap smear to having sex. I cannot see how the 2 are anywhere alike other than the nether region being what is involved in both.
Many of us simply have a problem with males examining our women. We believe that sight should be for us alone, no other men...period. it comes down to a respect issue. If one partner is uncomfortable with it, that should be respected. It's not a jealously thing really. I mean if ur man liked going to strip clubs, or watching porn and you didn't like him doing that, he should respect your feelings. I'm sure there are things your spouse may have done in the past, but doesn't do now with respect to you. My g/f respects my feelings and in turn has suggest a certain female doctor for me because its not something that bothers her. And I in turn respect her feelings about various issues. And to boot, there is much proof than male doctors sexually assault female patients. Just because they haven't been convicted yet, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
John

Louisville, KY

#232 Mar 27, 2012
Responding to the OP, haven't kept up with the 10 pages in between.

Yes, I wouldn't be with a woman who had intimate exams performed by a man.

For me, that is a big, big, "boundary" issue. When it comes to another person being granted access to touch my wife's intimate areas and insert fingers into bodily orifaces I would never be ok with a man doing it.

We've had two kids and she has gone to an all lady practice of OB/GYN's. She'd refuse if a male doc was somehow sprung for any "check-ups" or tests.

Whether or not a doctor is "professional" isn't the issue. A man being allowed access, by her voluntary will to that private, exclusive area of her body is not ok with me.

"Women's health".....no men allowed with my wife. If she had a big change of heart and decided to see a male gynecologist tomorrow I'm sure we'd divorce.
Mandy

Elizabethtown, KY

#233 Mar 28, 2012
I still cn't understand this issue, but whatever works for you & your wife. Just stop trying to tell every other female out there how to live their lives. I will contine to see what doctors I feel are the best for my care.
big city

Elizabethtown, KY

#234 Mar 28, 2012
certainly a lot of INSECURITY on here. to the point of i'm thinking little bitty eitty bitty teeny weenie. lol. the louder the reason not to look the more i think the doctor's finger is larger than the husband's dickey poo.
Bob

West Hartford, CT

#235 Mar 29, 2012
big city wrote:
certainly a lot of INSECURITY on here. to the point of i'm thinking little bitty eitty bitty teeny weenie. lol. the louder the reason not to look the more i think the doctor's finger is larger than the husband's dickey poo.
That must be why the woman see their favorite doctor, you just admitted its sexual, L.M.F.A.O., at least for you. Does your docs fingers feel better then hubbys "dickey poo?" I think so.
John

Louisville, KY

#236 Mar 29, 2012
Mandy wrote:
I still cn't understand this issue, but whatever works for you & your wife. Just stop trying to tell every other female out there how to live their lives. I will contine to see what doctors I feel are the best for my care.
I don't know if you are responding to me but your comments comes right after mine so I'll make that assumption and respond directly to you. You say you don't understand the issue. Well, everyone probably has their own thoughts on this but I'll speak for me. I see a lot of people getting into the "sexuality" of this and I think that is probably where this loses you. You are probably looking at this along the lines of: This isn't sexual. I definitely (as a woman) don't like going, someone would be crazy to think I'm finding this sexual. And you are probably thinking the doctor was nice, did his job, was professional about it and there was a female nurse present, therefore it wasn't sexual on that front. If, it is non-sexual on both fronts then everyone should be ok......right?
Now, here is my take.......I believe you. It's probably not sexual.(I say probably because, if you are beautiful and have a fit young body, there is no telling was secret enjoyment the doctor may get even though he is professional). I (speaking for me alone) never said it was sexual. For me, it doesn't matter if it is not sexual. My lady could hate it, the man could be a saint and not even find my wife attractive. I am still not ok with it. Why? It is simply a boundary issue. For no reason am I ok with a man looking at my wife's naked crotch, nude breasts and inserting his fingers into a private area. It is a clear boundary. Even if he is professional and trust worthy, that is a boundary I am never going to be ok with crossing. That "access" and "exposure" is between us and no other man will ever be involved with access to that area. So, if this exam must be done than it will only be done by women. No men allowed. What if she is gay. I said it wasn't sexual so that doesn't change anything. No men are allowed to see and touch my wife. That is a boundary. I don't care if he is gay and he is blind. No men are allowed when it comes to examining the private intimate areas of my wife.
So, I can understand you wanting to "prove" it is not sexual. I hope I have explained it doesn't matter. It is a boundary that men are not allowed into for me. The exam is too revealing and intimate so if it must be done only a woman is allowed to do it.
I guess for you, the fact that he is a "doctor" changes everything for you. What they are doing is not for sexual purposes but for more medical. For me it doesn't matter. The moment medical purposes call for exposure of her vagina and breasts for their specific examination then all men must be removed from the equation because that is a private, special, intimate area that they aren't allowed to enter. There are women doctors so they alone can be involved.
So, even if it is not sexual for her, and she is fine the moment she leaves the office and it is not sexual for him and he never pictures her nude in his mind again and he is competant and trustworthy I'd still feel hurt and violated because a man was granted access to an extremely private, exclusive intimate area and he is not welcome there to me.

Continued in next post..........
John

Louisville, KY

#237 Mar 29, 2012
Continued from above:

Anyway there are always execptions, such as ER emergency's (like she was involved in a car wreck-but I doubt usually vagina exams are involved much in those) but that is not what we are talking about. We are talking about routine exams that the woman alone chooses to go to and who is allowed to do them.

So hopefully that helps. I'm not saying you are getting off on it or he is or that you are damaged. For me it is just a private, intimate, exclusive area and men aren't welcome by me when it comes to access to those areas. Especially when there is no reason a woman can do it.

If you are ok with it and your boyfriend/husband doesn't care then no big deal. I am not telling you to change. There is no reason. The OP seems to have this as a boundary issue and is apparently with a woman who doesn't care and willfully chooses men to examine her there. If a man who feels hurt by allowing a male to have access to examine her intimate area is with a woman who doesn't care about the genger of the doc or specifically chooses a man in spite of his known feelings on this than I would say the woman should only go to all female practices for his sake. Or, if having a male doc is that important to her I would say those two people aren't compatible. Everyone is different.

If I were going to have a rectal exam and another human was going to be sticking their fingers up my bum (not that a doctor would find it pleasurable) and I knew my wife didn't want a woman to do that kind of exam on me, I wouldn't be offended to make sure I went to a man. I don't really understand when some of the women act offended if their husband didn't want a man examining her in that way. "How dare he!!!!!!" "I will let a man examine the most private intimate parts of me whether he likes it or not!!!!!!!" I don't understand the hostile response. I would consider it mean of me if I knew my wife felt hurt if a woman was allowed to do the penetrating rectal exam and I did it anyway when it is no big deal at all to have a man do it. It would be my honor to not hurt her when it is so easily in my power.

Hope that helps.
John

Louisville, KY

#238 Mar 29, 2012
Well, I apologize. My post was too long so I had to break it up into two. Only the second half is showing up. I don't know if it has loaded and only my browser isn't showing it yet. I'll try to load the first half of my reply again.
Ron

West Hartford, CT

#239 Mar 29, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text> That must be why the woman see their favorite doctor, you just admitted its sexual, L.M.F.A.O., at least for you. Does your docs fingers feel better then hubbys "dickey poo?" I think so.
OH, and hear we go with the predictable words (insecure) in order to back people off. Well, when you got nothing else you resort to this tactic, umm, burp, fart, boring hum - drum. You forgot some other predictable words, immature, controlling, etc.,whatever i'm bored. You can flame me all you want, I dont care.
Robert

West Hartford, CT

#240 Mar 29, 2012
big city wrote:
certainly a lot of INSECURITY on here. to the point of i'm thinking little bitty eitty bitty teeny weenie. lol. the louder the reason not to look the more i think the doctor's finger is larger than the husband's dickey poo.
I bet your wifes doctors fingers make her smile, ha.
Supporter of woman

Worcester, MA

#241 Mar 29, 2012
Mandy wrote:
I still cn't understand this issue, but whatever works for you & your wife. Just stop trying to tell every other female out there how to live their lives. I will contine to see what doctors I feel are the best for my care.
I agree with John, its mostly about boundries. I dont really care what other woman do. I want people to be safe because there truly are perverts out there. Even if a male gyn was gay, i wouldn't like it. Its a sacred spot, the holiest of holes. In my opinion , no man should ever touch it , unless its a TRUE m.e. the problem with a man touching (putting fingers in etc) is that its to damm natural, thats what men are suppose to do. So it is boundries for me as well. I hold myself to the same standard, for those types of exams i go to male doctors only. Not that i think a female doc is going to get off examing me. I asked my wife once, she said, she was glad i saw male docs for this. Interesting enough, where as she doesnt like the idea of a female doc looking and touching my genitals, the rectal exam would be much worse. She said, because its internal its much more intimate. She wasn't worried about a female doc getting of on these exams either. So you can see for men its a double whammy. Not only are they seeing touching our wives genitals, but there internal. What can i say, in my opinion john has hit the nail right on the head, "boundries."
pete

New York, NY

#242 Mar 29, 2012
had this discussion a few times, and i am one that is totally against the whole male gyn or ob touching and examining my wife that way makes me angry to think about it i wish they would ban the practice alltogether, i think only a loose woman would go to one that is a male if there are females that can do the same thing
Mandy

Elizabethtown, KY

#243 Mar 29, 2012
I wasn't talking to anyone specific on here, but I am now. Pete I don't know how you can say only a loose woman would see a amle doctor. Do not judge people you do not know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DESPERATE. Need money ASAP please help! (Jan '13) 5 min Willie Allen fort jr 110
Who is she 2 hr Kelsey 3
Waitress at Raferty's Linsey 3 hr RMS_70 5
both sexes cheat 5 hr pailrider 2
Kristen Ashely Whelan 10 hr eeeeeeeee 3
northern wind 10 hr the misfit 31
lebanon junction pay lake (May '12) 11 hr jdperk 7
More from around the web

Elizabethtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]