Singles in the Hardin County area

Posted in the Elizabethtown Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Starting Over

Nashville, TN

#1 Apr 19, 2009
After a recent divorce, I find myself starting over at 40. I'm wondering where the hang-out places are for the single folks in the Hardin County area. Are there a couple good places to meet people? I'm a woman looking for a good man to date, however, I also want to meet nice people and make new friends. I'm not looking for strictly 40 somethings, just wanting to meet a variety of new people in similar situations. Thanks.
JustAMe

Radcliff, KY

#3 Apr 20, 2009
Starting Over wrote:
After a recent divorce, I find myself starting over at 40. I'm wondering where the hang-out places are for the single folks in the Hardin County area. Are there a couple good places to meet people? I'm a woman looking for a good man to date, however, I also want to meet nice people and make new friends. I'm not looking for strictly 40 somethings, just wanting to meet a variety of new people in similar situations. Thanks.
I hear ya.. I am in the same boat as you.
Cheryl

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Apr 20, 2009
JustAMe wrote:
<quoted text> I hear ya.. I am in the same boat as you.
Severan Vally church did have a singles club, I don't know if they still do or not you could call tho and find out. So many people are using the internet to find someone which to me is very dangerous.
JustAMe

Radcliff, KY

#5 Apr 20, 2009
Cheryl wrote:
<quoted text>Severan Vally church did have a singles club, I don't know if they still do or not you could call tho and find out. So many people are using the internet to find someone which to me is very dangerous.
I will have to agree with you about that. You should never really meet someone over the internet.
Single too

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Apr 20, 2009
I have gone to the Severns Valley Singles group. It was helpful when I was first going thru the painful process of divorce. I will tell you that it is made up of mostly older women (60's +) although there are a few younger people. The internet dating thing is popular, but not for me. There are way too many things that can go wrong. I'm also looking for a group of people like myself to hang out with~have fun~maybe meet a great guy in the process. Many of my friends are married~so it's hard for them to get away often. Some of my friends keep saying that the "demographics" of our area are changing when the people come in from BRAC. That's hopeful, however, where do we go to meet them?!
JustAMe

Radcliff, KY

#7 Apr 20, 2009
Single too wrote:
I have gone to the Severns Valley Singles group. It was helpful when I was first going thru the painful process of divorce. I will tell you that it is made up of mostly older women (60's +) although there are a few younger people. The internet dating thing is popular, but not for me. There are way too many things that can go wrong. I'm also looking for a group of people like myself to hang out with~have fun~maybe meet a great guy in the process. Many of my friends are married~so it's hard for them to get away often. Some of my friends keep saying that the "demographics" of our area are changing when the people come in from BRAC. That's hopeful, however, where do we go to meet them?!
If you want to meet someone in the military then you will need to go to the club on Knox. It is called the Rocker. I don't go there because too many W**res are there and all they want to do is sleep around. And to be honest... I don't think picking a guy up in a bar is good!
Single too

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Apr 20, 2009
"Picking up a guy" isn't necessarily the goal, and I surely don't want someone that is out for a booty call. I want to meet quality people around my age with similar circumstances. If I meet a great guy in the process, that's a bonus. If I just meet great friends, that's even better. And I think my friends met military and civil service folks coming to the area~not just military. I agree with your thoughts on picking up a guy at a bar~although, i do think it depends.
Single too

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Apr 20, 2009
supposed to be..........And I think my friends MEANT military AND civil service folks coming to the area~
JustAMe

Radcliff, KY

#10 Apr 21, 2009
Single too wrote:
"Picking up a guy" isn't necessarily the goal, and I surely don't want someone that is out for a booty call. I want to meet quality people around my age with similar circumstances. If I meet a great guy in the process, that's a bonus. If I just meet great friends, that's even better. And I think my friends met military and civil service folks coming to the area~not just military. I agree with your thoughts on picking up a guy at a bar~although, i do think it depends.
If you don't mind me asking did you say you were forty?
Single too

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Apr 21, 2009
JustAMe wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't mind me asking did you say you were forty?
I don't mind at all. Actually, I'm 41.
JustAMe

Radcliff, KY

#12 Apr 21, 2009
Single too wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind at all. Actually, I'm 41.
I am 40 with two children. 1 girl and 1 boy both in the teens. Do you have children?
Single too

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Apr 21, 2009
JustAMe wrote:
<quoted text> I am 40 with two children. 1 girl and 1 boy both in the teens. Do you have children?
I have 2 kids, too. I have 2 teenage boys.
JustAMe

Radcliff, KY

#14 Apr 21, 2009
Single too wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 2 kids, too. I have 2 teenage boys.
WOW! Two boys.. I bet you have your hands full at times. How old are they? My son is 14 my daughter is 17..
Single too

Nashville, TN

#15 Apr 21, 2009
JustAMe wrote:
<quoted text> WOW! Two boys.. I bet you have your hands full at times. How old are they? My son is 14 my daughter is 17..
WOW is right! Parenting teenagers, in general, can be tough! My youngest is 16 and my oldest is 19. Gosh, that makes me sound old! My email address is [email protected] if ya wanna keep in touch!
JustAMe

Radcliff, KY

#16 Apr 22, 2009
Single too wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW is right! Parenting teenagers, in general, can be tough! My youngest is 16 and my oldest is 19. Gosh, that makes me sound old! My email address is [email protected] if ya wanna keep in touch!
Sounds like a plan.
Single too

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Apr 22, 2009
This thread is on the Radcliff Topix site, too (I guess it automatically is posted both places). Chucky suggested meeting someone at a grocery store. I've heard of this before but just thought I'd relay the message to this board, as well. Happy shopping!
awww

Glasgow, KY

#18 Apr 22, 2009
awwwwwww This is the first time I read this, but I hope this works out for yall!!!!=)
Single too

Nashville, TN

#19 Apr 23, 2009
Awwwwwww, thanks for being nice. I put my email address on here so we didn't get blasted about talking about our kids, lives, etc. I'm not even sure if JustAMe is a man or woman but seems like a nice person, therefore, friendship material. Can't have too many friends, can ya? I do hope things work out for all of us - no matter what situation we're in.:-)
JustAMe

Radcliff, KY

#20 Apr 24, 2009
Single too wrote:
Awwwwwww, thanks for being nice. I put my email address on here so we didn't get blasted about talking about our kids, lives, etc. I'm not even sure if JustAMe is a man or woman but seems like a nice person, therefore, friendship material. Can't have too many friends, can ya? I do hope things work out for all of us - no matter what situation we're in.:-)
I am 100% woman.. Sorry if you thought i was a man.
Single too

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Apr 24, 2009
No need to apologize. I was just trying to set the record straight for Awwwwww. I don't discriminate~we can never have too many friends~men and women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ghost hunter Lady 15 min Jackie 4
metalsa 1 hr whatever 28
metalsa 1 hr really 4
bryan close 1 hr Fat ugly swamp do... 11
Meth dealer "Dizzy" Synder from Radcliff 2 hr Seth Smith 5
Boycott Target 3 hr Keep Peace 20
Hardin County Fiscal Court JOKE!! (Jun '13) 3 hr Political Night T... 58
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages