Wal mart in E'town closing
WRONG

Elizabethtown, KY

#124 Jan 31, 2012
Just as Wal-Mart started charging for plastic bags in Northern California, it announced a stores closing list for 10 of its Sam's Club outlets. Are you affected and what other stores are going out of business in early 2010?
Wal-Mart Stores Closing List of Sam's Club Locations

While Wal-Mart works on reducing its global waste by 33%- Northern California Wal-Mart now charges for bags - it relies on store closings and layoffs to trim its bottom-line. Sam's Club CEO Brian Cornell released a stores closing list that will rid parent Wal-Mart of 10 financially failing locations.

The stores closing list involves Nampa, Idaho; Clay, N.Y.; Rolling Meadows, Ill; Houston, Texas; Phoenix, Ariz., and Louisville, Colo. California will be hardest hit by having four Sam's Club locations going out of business in La Quinta, Vista, Irvine and Sacramento. An estimated 1,500 employees will be affected by these Wal-Mart store closings and layoffs.

This was from the link provided earlier in the thread. A Sam's Club is closing in LOUISVILLE, but not Wal-Mart in E-town. Crazy people believe anything.
WRONG

Elizabethtown, KY

#125 Jan 31, 2012
I forgot to mention Louisville COLORADO.
shag

Glasgow, KY

#126 Jan 31, 2012
Billy Witchdoctor wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide some proof, please.
ya jus gotta believe man.... the proof will come. the proof will come.
premature pullout

Glasgow, KY

#128 Jan 31, 2012
WRONG wrote:
I forgot to mention Louisville COLORADO.
ummm ya also forgot to follow the link on that page to the one with the info about Elizabethtown Ky. You stopped at Louisville Co. thinking that you were smart and had solved the mystery but truth is yer head is still up yer A$$. pull out and start over.
The Facts

Elizabethtown, KY

#129 Feb 1, 2012
WHAT LINK?

You keep telling us to follow a link -- plenty of us have clicked on multiple links on that site -- and cannot find the link to E'town.

Maybe a lot of us are stupid or overlooking something obvious.

So please do us all a favor and post the DIRECT link.

Or copy and paste the info (as someone from Glasgow has done before).

If someone can PROVE that it's closing (and not just, "Hey, click here and then here and then here"), I think a lot of us would man up and apologize.

If someone posts a relevant direct link to the info on E'town, I'll come back to topix and take my whoopin and medicine like a man.

But please, for the love over everything sane, quit with this "well, you didn't click the right link" stuff and just post ONE real direct relevant one already.

FWIW, I would love to have a Red Robin or Chili's in E'town. If they come at Wal-Mart's expense, so be it ... if you can prove it instead of this off-site linking crap.
_Underscore_

Monticello, KY

#131 Feb 1, 2012
The Facts wrote:
WHAT LINK?
You keep telling us to follow a link -- plenty of us have clicked on multiple links on that site -- and cannot find the link to E'town.
Maybe a lot of us are stupid or overlooking something obvious.
So please do us all a favor and post the DIRECT link.
Or copy and paste the info (as someone from Glasgow has done before).
If someone can PROVE that it's closing (and not just, "Hey, click here and then here and then here"), I think a lot of us would man up and apologize.
If someone posts a relevant direct link to the info on E'town, I'll come back to topix and take my whoopin and medicine like a man.
But please, for the love over everything sane, quit with this "well, you didn't click the right link" stuff and just post ONE real direct relevant one already.
FWIW, I would love to have a Red Robin or Chili's in E'town. If they come at Wal-Mart's expense, so be it ... if you can prove it instead of this off-site linking crap.
What is a reliable source? How do they work?
WTF

Vine Grove, KY

#132 Feb 1, 2012
Just went there tonight and the doors were locked but the workers were busy putting merchandise on pallets inside.
Ludlow

United States

#133 Feb 1, 2012
You are lying.
Ludlow

United States

#134 Feb 1, 2012
Liar.....
The Facts

Elizabethtown, KY

#136 Feb 2, 2012
_Underscore_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a reliable source? How do they work?
Expecting someone to have to click back three pages, then scroll down, then click on a link, and then click on another link ... IS NOT RELIABLE.

These Glasgow pranksters/jokesters (or some people or somebody with an ax to grind) keeping saying "it's there, trust me" instead of just posting the direct link.

Or copying-and-pasting the info at hand.

Furthermore, with NOTHING on Wal-Mart's website and NOTHING coming out of WQXE, The News-Enterprise and The Hardin County Independent yet (even though this supposedly easy-to-find info has been out there for a few weeks now)... why should we believe someone/some people who continue to yank our chains with no consequences.

If you click back a few pages, someone also said Wal-Mart was closing Feb. 1 (yesterday)... yet Wal-Mart is still open today.
lady

Scottsville, KY

#137 Feb 2, 2012
The Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Expecting someone to have to click back three pages, then scroll down, then click on a link, and then click on another link ... IS NOT RELIABLE.
These Glasgow pranksters/jokesters (or some people or somebody with an ax to grind) keeping saying "it's there, trust me" instead of just posting the direct link.
Furthermore, with NOTHING on Wal-Mart's website and NOTHING coming out of WQXE, The News-Enterprise and The Hardin County Independent yet (even though this supposedly easy-to-find info has been out there for a few weeks now)... why should we believe someone/some people who continue to yank our chains with no consequences.
If you click back a few pages, someone also said Wal-Mart was closing Feb. 1 (yesterday)... yet Wal-Mart is still open today.
I think whoever started this thread is SMOKING CRACK!! lay off the stuff and you won't halucinate!! moron.
_Underscore_

Monticello, KY

#138 Feb 2, 2012
The Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sarcasm, dude. Perhaps I should layer it with 50 smilies to make it easier to detect?
facts r us

Glasgow, KY

#139 Feb 2, 2012
Walmart Worker

Vine Grove, KY

#140 Feb 2, 2012
I was just given my pink slip today
_Underscore_

Monticello, KY

#141 Feb 2, 2012
facts r us wrote:
http://www.pbs.org/itvs/storew ars/us_stores.html
http://historysquared.com/2011/10/12/wal-mart...
oh yeah!!! it's closin baby!!!
So, you posted a map with data from 2001 and an article about some crap in China?

0/10
_Underscore_

Monticello, KY

#142 Feb 2, 2012
Walmart Worker wrote:
I was just given my pink slip today
I'll believe ya when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.
thats odd

Glasgow, KY

#143 Feb 3, 2012
_Underscore_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll believe ya when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.
that is an unhealthy fascination with your poop. probably need to get some counseling for that. maybe they will put a psych doc in the empty space when Walmart closes in E'town. good luck lil feller
_Underscore_

Monticello, KY

#144 Feb 4, 2012
thats odd wrote:
<quoted text>
that is an unhealthy fascination with your poop. probably need to get some counseling for that. maybe they will put a psych doc in the empty space when Walmart closes in E'town. good luck lil feller
You've never seen Super Troopers, you poor bastard.
Dr pepper

Glasgow, KY

#145 Feb 4, 2012
_Underscore_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never seen Super Troopers, you poor bastard.
go ahead let it all out. can we assume you are not only fascinated with your own poop but also that of the Ky troopers? yer a kinky little feller. bet ya like fumunda cheese too!
Wondering

Leitchfield, KY

#146 Feb 5, 2012
Does it matter if WalMart closes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Psychic connections 2 min hahahah 3
Poll Would you support Tim Hinson for Hardin County ... (Jan '15) 1 hr Stop It 69
Holly and Nikki Hamilton 1 hr Independent 1
Commonwealth Of Kentucky On Trial 6 hr Like to know 4
did Jerry Williams of Cecilia rape two of his c... 8 hr Johnnie 17
GGP General Growth Properties of Chicago announ... 14 hr Paul 4
Drug bust in Elizabethtown! (Dec '14) 16 hr Amber 35

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages