Wal mart in E'town closing

Posted in the Elizabethtown Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Sam Walton

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jan 1, 2012
I can't believe that the Wal Mart in E'town is closing because Hardin county passed the beer sales! Where am I gonna get my better than department store savings?
yeah

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jan 1, 2012
Sam Walton wrote:
I can't believe that the Wal Mart in E'town is closing because Hardin county passed the beer sales! Where am I gonna get my better than department store savings?
haha....too bad every Walmart sells beer
Sam Walton

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jan 1, 2012
YEP, but now we will have to goto Radcliff or Litchfield to do our Wal-Marting!!! maybe there is another reason they are closing but just using the recent law change to front it.
derp

United States

#4 Jan 1, 2012
Proof? I have a friend who works there and he hasn't said anything about it.
What

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jan 1, 2012
I want proof that they are closing. I do not believe it. They make a fortune off of us so there is no way.
yeah

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Jan 1, 2012
derp wrote:
Proof? I have a friend who works there and he hasn't said anything about it.
I believe "mr Walton" is pull this out of thin air just to hear his own voice or I guess in this case just to see his own words.
hey

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jan 2, 2012
This guy is insane lol, no way in hell would they close Wal-Mart.
_Underscore_

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Jan 2, 2012
Troll Hard: With a Vengeance.
Rusty Shackelford

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jan 2, 2012
They are selling beer in the e-town walmart.
Geographically Challenged

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Jan 2, 2012
Sam Walton wrote:
YEP, but now we will have to goto Radcliff or Litchfield to do our Wal-Marting!!! maybe there is another reason they are closing but just using the recent law change to front it.
If this wasn't so dumb in the first place...well...you know.

Umm, if Hardin County passed the change, why wouldn't the Radcliff Wal-Mart be closing too?

If you want to post something semi-shocking, at least make it kind of challenging to debunk it!
Really

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Jan 2, 2012
There is no way that the E-town Walmart would be closing. That place is crouded everytime I go in there. Beer sales being a reason they close down would be more unlikely than anything. Where I come from they actually sell liquor and not beer. If anything they should put another one in town
Informant

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Jan 2, 2012
Lol it isn't Wal-Mart that is closing, it's K-MART. their sales haven't done so good over the yrs & the K-Mart corporation announced on the news a few wks ago that over 100 of their stores worldwide would be closing. The one in Etown is one of them.
Geographically Challenged

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Jan 2, 2012
Actually, the KMart in Elizabethtown is NOT on the initial list for closings that was sent out by Sears and KMart. One in Middlesboro and one in Winchester were on the list, but Elizabethtown was not on the list announced last week.
The Facts

Louisville, KY

#14 Jan 2, 2012
Informant,

Neither the Sears or K-Mart in E'town are on the initial 79-store closing list as released by Sears itself:

http://searsholdings.com/about/122711_close.p...

However, Winchester, Hazard and Middlesboro are on there.
Informant

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Jan 2, 2012
That's just what i was told by a person who works there when I was in there a cpl wks ago picking up last minute Xmas stuff. i had seen stuff on the news about K-Mart's closing.. & so i asked if ours was one of them & they replied yes. i must've been given flawed information. my mistake. honest mistake. as for Sears, i nvr said anything about them.
The Facts

Louisville, KY

#16 Jan 2, 2012
Informant wrote:
That's just what i was told by a person who works there when I was in there a cpl wks ago picking up last minute Xmas stuff. i had seen stuff on the news about K-Mart's closing.. & so i asked if ours was one of them & they replied yes. i must've been given flawed information. my mistake. honest mistake. as for Sears, i nvr said anything about them.
Wouldn't surprise me if either one closed. Don't wish anyone out of a job, though. But neither one has been announced ... yet.

The Kmart is big enough that they could combine the Sears stuff from the mall into it. Not sure if there are any merged Kmart-Sears anywhere, though.

With as much as Sears is losing in rent to the mall, I could see Sears going down. Of course, should Kmart close, its property would be valuable (JCPenney has been rumored to move, bowling alley has a standing offer on its building/lot/outlying lot, Liquor Barn has been rumored, Pamida and Meijer have been linked, etc.).

While the loss of either Sears or Kmart would be bad at first, I wouldn't foresee either site being empty/vacant for long.
Ranae Holland

Glasgow, KY

#17 Jan 2, 2012
my brother in law is a shipping manager at the Wal Mart distribution center near Sommerset and he said that their shipping criteria had been modified and was on a reduction of mass inventory status. He said that usually that meant that the store would be closing. I don't think that they are closing because of the beer sales...... that's just stupid.... but there is corperate evidence of a slow closure, the current employees won't know until the last minute to ensure a smooth closure.
Informant

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Jan 2, 2012
Ranae Holland wrote:
my brother in law is a shipping manager at the Wal Mart distribution center near Sommerset and he said that their shipping criteria had been modified and was on a reduction of mass inventory status. He said that usually that meant that the store would be closing. I don't think that they are closing because of the beer sales...... that's just stupid.... but there is corperate evidence of a slow closure, the current employees won't know until the last minute to ensure a smooth closure.
SAD SAD NEWS... I live in LaRue Co. & it's bad enough I have to travel to Etown just to get to Wal-Mart, where I do the majority of my grocery/household supplies shopping... if they close, I will be travelling to Radcliff now... don't take Wal-Mart away! Get rid of Aldi instead.. lol
yeah

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Jan 2, 2012
The Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't surprise me if either one closed. Don't wish anyone out of a job, though. But neither one has been announced ... yet.

The Kmart is big enough that they could combine the Sears stuff from the mall into it. Not sure if there are any merged Kmart-Sears anywhere, though.

With as much as Sears is losing in rent to the mall, I could see Sears going down. Of course, should Kmart close, its property would be valuable (JCPenney has been rumored to move, bowling alley has a standing offer on its building/lot/outlying lot, Liquor Barn has been rumored, Pamida and Meijer have been linked, etc.).

While the loss of either Sears or Kmart would be bad at first, I wouldn't foresee either site being empty/vacant for long.
there are some that are merged. They are called sears essentials. They have a couple in Louisville.
yeah

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Jan 2, 2012
Oh yeah and there is no way Walmart is closing. Just a year or two ago they had put in an offer on land to build another one right off exit 91. Also most of the replenishment for etowns Walmart comes from the warehouses in the industrial park right outside of Etown on Lincoln parkway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is "Toby" ? 3 min KLP 1
EMS grand jury indictments forthcoming 12 min EMS Tech 1
Hillary Clinton will save the middle class and ... 16 min GW Bush 93
crystal crowder 1 hr Teacher 6
looking for.. leo 2 hr Interested 4
Cell phone 3 hr Cell phone 7
Sean Ramsey (Aug '12) 6 hr low life negro lol 28
More from around the web

Elizabethtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE