No Military Discount & Why

“Turn your ****ing brain on”

Since: Feb 11

Elizabethtown, KY

#44 Dec 6, 2012
military wife wrote:
How would you do spending a year away from your family or children?
I think everyone would be pleased to get away if they were married to someone as vile as you.
handymanIII

Elizabethtown, KY

#45 Dec 6, 2012
Mr Big wrote:
Hey, "Good Golly": You want to go back to the 40s? Why, so you can whup up on the black folks?
Mr Big-very good point! Excellent
Jackson

Louisville, KY

#46 Dec 6, 2012
Christopher Hitchens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think everyone would be pleased to get away if they were married to someone as vile as you.
Christopher!!!!
handymanIII

Elizabethtown, KY

#47 Dec 6, 2012
Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Christopher!!!!
Excuse me but that sounded very personal.
military wife

Elizabethtown, KY

#48 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>I think everyone would be pleased to get away if they were married to someone as vile as you.
Oh Mr. Hitchens I'm sure you're very experienced in people trying to get away from you but that's not the case for me...it's very sad that you're the type of person you are because I bet it's a very lonely life for you living in your mom and dads house hiding from any responsibility of a grown up life...you should get a job an grow up before you talk about grown up things
nasty

Elizabethtown, KY

#49 Dec 6, 2012
military wife is a leach on society. hahahaha
no

Elizabethtown, KY

#50 Dec 6, 2012
nasty wrote:
military wife is a leach on society. hahahaha
It sounds like nasty is the leach probably drawing welfare while hardworking people pay for it

“Turn your ****ing brain on”

Since: Feb 11

Elizabethtown, KY

#51 Dec 6, 2012
military wife wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Mr. Hitchens I'm sure you're very experienced in people trying to get away from you but that's not the case for me...
So you're husband hasn't spent long periods away from you, as you alluded to in your first post?
CCR

Duluth, GA

#52 Dec 7, 2012
A Local wrote:
<quoted text>
So you were too lazy or scared to protect your country and risk your life and if anyone else gets a discount that you do not you think it's wrong? This you'll 'stand up' and fight for? And being a 'public servant' is a total cop-out. No one is overpaid more than those who work for the government (non-military). They should charge you more for every purchase.
You're pathetic.
I work 2 jobs and provide for my family. I've experienced family and friends being killed in combat and a majority of my family and friends have served in the armed forces. I like how you assume i'm too lazy or scarred to join. Im curious as to what you do... To be honest I don't really care. Yes I'm a public servant. Years ago I taught soldiers combatives. I'm glad working at a prison for the past 5 years is a copout. Forget the swing shifts and working all holidays and overtime. I applied for the jobs I've had and assume responsibility. I settled my family here because its a nice area, and halfway home for our families. I've been to the Middle East (and no not for vacation) and I also have relatives that live there. I don't expect appreciation or any kind of recognition for anything I've done. I've never said I'm against military discounts. The military has changed and it seems a lot of soldiers these days demand respect and expect it because they have on a uniform.

My post was to be about the fact it's not up to the employee and sometimes businesses don't offer military discounts. What about teachers? If you can read then thank a teacher. Teachers don't go around expecting discounts. If a business offers it that's great, but if they don't it doesn't mean they're not appreciative. They may not offer a military discount but may be a big supporter to USA Cares, Wounded Warrior Project, MWR, etc...

I'm not trying to belittle or disrespect anyone, and my statement isn't a blanket statement for all vets. Seems most posts are to degrade everyone.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#53 Dec 7, 2012
CCR wrote:
<quoted text>
I work 2 jobs and provide for my family. I've experienced family and friends being killed in combat and a majority of my family and friends have served in the armed forces. I like how you assume i'm too lazy or scarred to join. Im curious as to what you do... To be honest I don't really care. Yes I'm a public servant. Years ago I taught soldiers combatives. I'm glad working at a prison for the past 5 years is a copout. Forget the swing shifts and working all holidays and overtime. I applied for the jobs I've had and assume responsibility. I settled my family here because its a nice area, and halfway home for our families. I've been to the Middle East (and no not for vacation) and I also have relatives that live there. I don't expect appreciation or any kind of recognition for anything I've done. I've never said I'm against military discounts. The military has changed and it seems a lot of soldiers these days demand respect and expect it because they have on a uniform.
My post was to be about the fact it's not up to the employee and sometimes businesses don't offer military discounts. What about teachers? If you can read then thank a teacher. Teachers don't go around expecting discounts. If a business offers it that's great, but if they don't it doesn't mean they're not appreciative. They may not offer a military discount but may be a big supporter to USA Cares, Wounded Warrior Project, MWR, etc...
I'm not trying to belittle or disrespect anyone, and my statement isn't a blanket statement for all vets. Seems most posts are to degrade everyone.
Well said, and thank you for your service as well. I've worked in the private sector my whole life, and I recognize the gratitude I owe all public servants, both military and non-military...it's my honor to pay you what you're worth.
flip

Campbellsville, KY

#54 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Not all of the military even go near the front line.
I'd like to meet all the members of the military who actually are in the military to "protect my freedom". I don't think many of them are in for that. I think the vast majority are in it simply because it provides the best employment and career prospects available to them.
Especially in this area, if a business does give military discounts then the business will have to charge other people more just to cover for the discounts. IMO the military are no more deserving than nurses, doctors, cops, firemen/women, teachers etc. I think they certainly feel much more entitled than those other groups though.
Perhaps the taliban will be nicer when they move in and we go back to 1699
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#55 Dec 7, 2012
flip wrote:
<quoted text> Perhaps the taliban will be nicer when they move in and we go back to 1699
And without nurses, doctors, cops, firemen/women, teachers etc., we'd be living in the equivalent of a 1699 society anyway. It's not an either/or situation, as they all deserve our gratitude.
Bankster

Louisville, KY

#56 Dec 7, 2012
flip wrote:
<quoted text> Perhaps the taliban will be nicer when they move in and we go back to 1699
Right... because the Taliban can invade us. They can subdue a nation of 300 million, most of us armed. I mean what, with Afghanistan's massive naval power, their marines could have been landing on Los Angeles any day!

The wars are just an excuse so that Raytheon, General Dynamics, Boeing, McDonnell-Douglas, and the rest of the war profiteers can make billions of dollars of the taxpayer's tit.

Actually I'm wrong. We've gone into debt for these wars, so they're sucking off the grandchildren of the taxpayer's tit.(Not to mention our lenders are making a killing in interest.)

I don't owe anybody a discount. If you want to go play soldier boy because you can't hack it in the private sector that's fine, just don't think I'm going to be patting you on the back for helping drive our country deeper in debt.

“No One Lives Forever”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#57 Dec 7, 2012
Hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, murdering children in the middle east is very productive. The military has killed 25 million people since WW2... Well done. Violence is always the best solution.
war is never pretty. Innocent die on a daily basis. No wars or feuds were ever won or carried out without casualties. History repeats itself. Real life is not glamorous. And that is nothing compared to the children that they themselves strap bombs too and send into places to watch them explode. I suppose your happy knowing that is what they use many of their children for. At least our guys don't do just to it., it happens and we regret it. They do it and think they have done something great.
handymanIII

Elizabethtown, KY

#58 Dec 7, 2012
Bankster wrote:
<quoted text>
Right... because the Taliban can invade us. They can subdue a nation of 300 million, most of us armed. I mean what, with Afghanistan's massive naval power, their marines could have been landing on Los Angeles any day!
The wars are just an excuse so that Raytheon, General Dynamics, Boeing, McDonnell-Douglas, and the rest of the war profiteers can make billions of dollars of the taxpayer's tit.
Actually I'm wrong. We've gone into debt for these wars, so they're sucking off the grandchildren of the taxpayer's tit.(Not to mention our lenders are making a killing in interest.)
I don't owe anybody a discount. If you want to go play soldier boy because you can't hack it in the private sector that's fine, just don't think I'm going to be patting you on the back for helping drive our country deeper in debt.
Not only am I hacking it in civilain life with my own business for over 10 years, I put the time in to retire, so as far as the hacking it statement I would have to say just about anyone can HACK civilian life but a whole lot of people couldn't make it in the military. Going by your name "Bankster", I assume you work in a bank and have never had dirt under your nails, but you thoroughly enjoy the rights that all servicemembers have helped to maintain over the years so that you can set in your leather chair and ridicule them. You must be one sorry individual to talk about something you know nothing about. And another thing soldiers didn't put this country in debt, the politicians did. We follow an oath to defend the constitution and follow the orders of our commander in chief so get a education!
Mandy

Elizabethtown, KY

#59 Dec 7, 2012
I appreciate everything our military does but I don't think anyone should expect a discount. Its really nice of the business's who do this but not all can.
Bankster

Louisville, KY

#60 Dec 7, 2012
handymanIII wrote:
<quoted text>Not only am I hacking it in civilain life with my own business for over 10 years, I put the time in to retire, so as far as the hacking it statement I would have to say just about anyone can HACK civilian life but a whole lot of people couldn't make it in the military. Going by your name "Bankster", I assume you work in a bank and have never had dirt under your nails, but you thoroughly enjoy the rights that all servicemembers have helped to maintain over the years so that you can set in your leather chair and ridicule them. You must be one sorry individual to talk about something you know nothing about. And another thing soldiers didn't put this country in debt, the politicians did. We follow an oath to defend the constitution and follow the orders of our commander in chief so get a education!
Actually, I worked in construction to fund my way through college. My math abilities made me more valuable than most of my coworkers.

As far as my rights go, no soldier has protected my rights. It's not just these wars that are useless, but Vietnam and Korea as well.

Not only that, my constitutional rights are trampled on daily. If I want somebody that will defend the Constitution, I'll hire a good lawyer.
why

Elizabethtown, KY

#61 Dec 7, 2012
Why a discount? I was not in service and not for any of your trumped up reasons. That was between me and the government and how much my health might cost them in the future. I've found army people don't/can't make decisions themselves and take ORDERS and follow command as they can't make these decisions themselves. Boot camp they break your spirit so you will follow the drill sergeant and all that he asks them to do. I make my own decisions and don't want anyone telling me what to do. When that time comes, you'll also need to pay my taxes on all that I own. Otherwise STFU!
Mandy

Elizabethtown, KY

#62 Dec 7, 2012
Bankster wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I worked in construction to fund my way through college. My math abilities made me more valuable than most of my coworkers.
As far as my rights go, no soldier has protected my rights. It's not just these wars that are useless, but Vietnam and Korea as well.
Not only that, my constitutional rights are trampled on daily. If I want somebody that will defend the Constitution, I'll hire a good lawyer.
Sorry but I have to disagree. The many men who fought & died for this country have protected our freedom. Today of all days we should be giving thanks for our military. Pearl Harbor happened on this day & we went to war to pt our way of life. A big thank you to all our vets.
handymanIII

Elizabethtown, KY

#63 Dec 7, 2012
Bankster wrote:
<quoted text>
Put your whine-o-meter on Bitchomatic, because that's all you do. Guess I hit the nail on the head when I profiled you. Soldiers protect your rights every day regardless how much you chose not to accept the fact. BTW how can you show so much distain for people trying to raise a family and doing whatever it takes to do so? I really tried to understand your point a view but every time I tried to to you still came out as a turd with arms and legs and no brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike cox Metalsa 11 min Get out of ther R... 3
Molly 3 hr Big man 2
Why is micheal brown post deleted? 4 hr Truthess 26
Sim Sushi and Steak on Ring Rd 4 hr Food critic 1
Ginny Felker 5 hr Stephanie 2
Question about Metalsa (Jun '14) 9 hr Chase 71
Debate: Marijuana - Elizabethtown, KY (Aug '10) 9 hr Joey 166
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages