Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

2 Badd

Brandenburg, KY

#92637 Sep 14, 2013
Oh well
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92638 Sep 14, 2013
I have been on Youtube listening to "Sweet Home Chicago" originally done by Robert Johnson in 1936. Delta Blues long before the Blues Brothers did it.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92639 Sep 14, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I'm one of those grumpy old men up in the balcony qwerty....
Is your name "Walter"? lol
Imposter

London, KY

#92640 Sep 14, 2013
When I was very very young we lived down in town next to an old lady, she in turn lived next to a holiness church. One of them came running out of the church yelling jimminy himminyy haw haw and all that, bless them its their right, but anyway he had a-hold of a big old black rattler, he dropped it and it darted under mawd's fence, she took out a little colt .38 spl snub nose and blew that snake to smithereens. LOL
I'll never forget how the old man laughed. Whew what a strange life a hillbilly gets to live folks.
Imposter

London, KY

#92641 Sep 14, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have been on Youtube listening to "Sweet Home Chicago" originally done by Robert Johnson in 1936. Delta Blues long before the Blues Brothers did it.
They did a pretty good job with it though for a couple of actors. I loved the Stevie Wonder song in that one. Tell your mama, tell your paw, I'm gonna sing you back to Arkansas.
Hey heeeey.
Anne

United States

#92642 Sep 14, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
If he starts falling out in the spirit -- I got this covered. Spent a few years in a Deep South Louisiana Pentecostal church.
Me too
qwerty

Buna, TX

#92643 Sep 14, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Have most of his work. Dude was brilliant!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92644 Sep 14, 2013
Billy Joe Shaver that wrote many of Waylon and Willie's songs does one called "Get thee behind me Satan" available on youtube which emulates the snake handlers.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#92645 Sep 14, 2013
Hi everyone. Took me a long time to catch up with the comments. Glad to see everyone having happy happy happy days! Things here are good, thanks to the good Lord above.. I'm loving these cool nights. Don't like thinking about winter coming upon us so soon, but it is what it is.
Blessings to all of you.
_-_Nope_-_

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92646 Sep 14, 2013
Imposter wrote:
When I was very very young we lived down in town next to an old lady, she in turn lived next to a holiness church. One of them came running out of the church yelling jimminy himminyy haw haw and all that, bless them its their right, but anyway he had a-hold of a big old black rattler, he dropped it and it darted under mawd's fence, she took out a little colt .38 spl snub nose and blew that snake to smithereens. LOL
I'll never forget how the old man laughed. Whew what a strange life a hillbilly gets to live folks.
LOL. I am of the mind set we shouldn't tempt God. I know God can save me from being hit by a car but I don't run out in the road and try to stop one with my hand.
Anne

United States

#92647 Sep 14, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Did they ever take up serpents? That may only be an Appalachian thing I'm not sure. They still do that around here. They either have a lot of faith, or a lot of stupid.
I don't intend to go to one of these but between my sisters house and their church they had to pass a church that practiced the taking up serpents belief. Umm, somewhere in Alabama -- not the Appalachians .

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92648 Sep 14, 2013
There is a new reality show on National Geographic on Tuesday nights called snake salvation
Follows two snake handling holiness churches-- one in Tenn and one here in KY
qwerty

Buna, TX

#92649 Sep 14, 2013
Snake handlers put on their boogie shoes...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/840751/snake_ha...
Imposter

London, KY

#92650 Sep 14, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't intend to go to one of these but between my sisters house and their church they had to pass a church that practiced the taking up serpents belief. Umm, somewhere in Alabama -- not the Appalachians .
I wondered how far it spread, I think it originated in the Carolinas or west Virginia. I have seen pictures of women with their stocking feet in a stoker-matic, stirring those hot coals around and then after pics of the feet. The stockings were intact, no burns on the skin. Never witnessed that first hand though. To each their own I'll always be kind of a non-racist confederate.
Imposter

London, KY

#92651 Sep 14, 2013
qwerty wrote:
Snake handlers put on their boogie shoes...
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/840751/snake_ha...
It wont play qwerty. I'll try find it on YT. My shockwave has been acting up.
Imposter

London, KY

#92652 Sep 14, 2013
Well I came up with this qwerty. Ladies please dont watch this one.
Imposter

London, KY

#92654 Sep 14, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hi everyone. Took me a long time to catch up with the comments. Glad to see everyone having happy happy happy days! Things here are good, thanks to the good Lord above.. I'm loving these cool nights. Don't like thinking about winter coming upon us so soon, but it is what it is.
Blessings to all of you.
_-_Nope_-_
Hey toots! You forgot to leave with...

-poof- lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92655 Sep 14, 2013
I was reading today of the Confederate women and children's "Bread Riots" of April 2, 1863 in Richmond Va. and the Confederate Congress' levy to force a "tithe" of 10 % of all farm products enacted on Apr. 24, 1863. Protest meetings were organized all over the South.
Imposter

London, KY

#92656 Sep 14, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I was reading today of the Confederate women and children's "Bread Riots" of April 2, 1863 in Richmond Va. and the Confederate Congress' levy to force a "tithe" of 10 % of all farm products enacted on Apr. 24, 1863. Protest meetings were organized all over the South.
I drove a guy out to the veterans hospitable in Richmond Va. a few years ago for some surgery, I went to a lot of those civil war historical sites and battlegrounds while I was there. The Chesapeake bay area alone has more than a man could visit in a week. One period cemetery went on and on and on, all those csa graves...what a bloody time that was.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92657 Sep 14, 2013
well I am off to read a bit more of Civil War chronicles. Good Night all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tatu in Towne Mall.. (Mar '13) 17 min Yup 21
HOOTERS signed deal to open new location - I-65... 25 min Hired 29
When Will Amber Get Out of Jail? 45 min Book critic 12
Metalsa boyd 1 hr Ahhh 11
Hardin County Industrial Foundation 1 hr Moner 22
Aaron Patterson Drunk & Cheat s on his wife! ! (May '15) 1 hr Karl 41
BRAC SCANDAL topic removed 4 hr Cert N Lic Them All 1

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance