curious in bburg

Vine Grove, KY

#1 Jul 3, 2012
I recently bought a 2005 Chevy Equinox....Its AWD which I am not familiar with...I notice when I make a sharp turn it makes a noise..is that normal for AWD or should I have them check it out?thanks so much
welp

Huntington, IN

#2 Jul 3, 2012
I would have it checked out. I have had AWD trucks, and they dont make sounds. I have also had an old 96 pontiac that made a noise when i turned a certain way, and i ignored it. Eventually the bolts fell off and you could spin the steering wheel 360* and round it kept going. It was a cheap fix, but it could have been bad cause i was at a stop making my turn when it dropped. Fortunately i wasnt going faster. But i would definately get it checked out.
Steve

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Jul 3, 2012
A vehicle of that age, could just be an old belt slipping. That, or the power steering going out or fluid low. You didn't say what kind of noise, though.
curious in bburg

Vine Grove, KY

#4 Jul 3, 2012
welp wrote:
I would have it checked out. I have had AWD trucks, and they dont make sounds. I have also had an old 96 pontiac that made a noise when i turned a certain way, and i ignored it. Eventually the bolts fell off and you could spin the steering wheel 360* and round it kept going. It was a cheap fix, but it could have been bad cause i was at a stop making my turn when it dropped. Fortunately i wasnt going faster. But i would definately get it checked out.
thanks I have an appt next week with the service dept ..will let u know what they say
sounds

Demotte, IN

#5 Jul 3, 2012
Like the cv joints to me
welp

Huntington, IN

#6 Jul 3, 2012
I hope it isnt anything major and a cheap fix. Better safe than sorry.
curious in bburg

Vine Grove, KY

#7 Jul 4, 2012
welp wrote:
I hope it isnt anything major and a cheap fix. Better safe than sorry.
me too .,it's still under warranty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Effex onboarding 18 min Akebono 2
Curious females serious about /talking /to ano... (Mar '17) 40 min John curry 12
Omg does anyone know a Stephanie Ashlock 43 min John curry 65
Texas outlaw managers 4 hr Dum 30
Hazel SantaMaria 5 hr IPL 2
Blonde at the DG on the south side of town (Jun '14) 9 hr Jellyann 8
Downtown musician 15 hr Lol 37

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages