Hauntings in and around etown
hmm

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Aug 29, 2009
I live in St. Paul and I will check it out tonight after the ufc ppv. I hope you are right about the happenings you encountered. I've been wanting to see something like that forever and never have been able to!
Paranormal Investigator

Centerville, TX

#22 Aug 29, 2009
Go to the E-Town cemetary. I've been on an investigation there and I've caught orbs, mysterious fog-like smoke, figures of things, and unexplainable noises, also a lot of cold spots in warm areas. Go there 'round 8:00p.m. 9:00p.m. 10:00 11:00 and go at 5 in the morning. That's when things usually happen. Things start to get a LITTLE WEIRD if you park Right in the middle of the cemetary. You can see things lurking behind graves and bushes and trees. Also, if you want me to investigate your house, go to www.theothersiders.com . We're professional at paranormal. Go to the E-Town cemetary.
JSH

Elizabethtown, KY

#23 Aug 30, 2009
I checked out St. Paul cemetary and didn't hear or see anything. Some pictures turned out good. But didn't really get that spooky feeling. I'd like to see what you all see. Let me be your witness. Haven't seen anything yet and am starting to not believe in ghosts!
yes

Elizabethtown, KY

#24 Sep 8, 2009
Joppa is pretty cool as well as St.Paul.
Chrissy D

Elizabethtown, KY

#25 Nov 2, 2009
graveflower85 wrote:
<quoted text>
About St.Paul:
I've captured some very nice pics of genuine orbs. I'm currently in schooling for this field of study and have read information on how to distinguish real and fake orbs. The cemetery is in a rather desolate location with no lights around, but I've also captured moving red lights (no fault by lens spire or reflection) that were above the tombstones. The whole cemetery stays strangely quiet, even during the summer and there is a strong feeling of dread toward the upper left portion. Everyone's hair stands up on end simultaneously as well. Me and my sister even experienced nausea at the same time. There is rumor of a horseman that guards that area of the cemetery; I've heard hooves stomping(which may or may not be fault of deer, but the area is fenced in). My brother turned and seen a face directly in front of him and I've seen a 'grudge-like' creature staring back at me. Moving shadows have also been seen. I've also caught one EVP on my digital recorder (something saying 'oh, gawwwd'). A few months ago (after my last visit), I felt very frightened as if there was something evil in my car, which I've never experienced driving home from any other 'haunted' location. I felt somewhat better after rolling my windows down. A few other things have happened there that I can't recall all the moment. I don't drink or use drugs, this place, I truly believe, has something wrong with it.
I would like to just add that when you are attempting to make contact with spirits by going to cemetery's and the like before you go you need to ask God for protection and before you leave you MUST order them in the name of Jesus Christ that they stay there and do not come with you. Just some advise from a ghost hunter too.
WTF

Elizabethtown, KY

#26 Nov 3, 2009
I think all of you idiots need to get a job and a psychiatrist.
Chrissy D

Elizabethtown, KY

#27 Nov 3, 2009
WTF wrote:
I think all of you idiots need to get a job and a psychiatrist.
Just so you know you do not have the authority to JUDGE me or anyone else and shall you and judged according to the measure that you judge others. That is what God said not me. May God Bless you and your life,..... but if you have nothing informative to say, or nothing nice to say then please keep those comments to yourself..... We live our lives and do not judge so what gives you the right?!
Chrissy D

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Nov 3, 2009
oh and also there is no need to be afraid of the things you do not understand of the things you are not gifted enough to see. Fear can only be overcome by Faith and according to your post you do not have much faith nor do you know much about Gods word. This is not a judgement on you it is an observation!!!!
WTF

Elizabethtown, KY

#29 Nov 3, 2009
Chrissy D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know you do not have the authority to JUDGE me or anyone else and shall you and judged according to the measure that you judge others. That is what God said not me. May God Bless you and your life,..... but if you have nothing informative to say, or nothing nice to say then please keep those comments to yourself..... We live our lives and do not judge so what gives you the right?!
Ouch! That stung. By the way, I believe in God, and my faith in Him is strong. However, there are no ghosts, spooks, shadow people, or whatever! God will raise us all on Judgment Day, there are no lingering spirits. Loom around you at the nut cases that are so into "spooks".
Etown Resident

Fort Knox, KY

#31 Nov 4, 2009
What about the Bethelehem Academy on St. John Road? I know it is a private home, but I have heard rumors that it is haunted. Has anyone ever checked it out? It seems that the property always has a for sale sign in front of it.
WTF

Elizabethtown, KY

#32 Nov 5, 2009
Etown Resident wrote:
What about the Bethelehem Academy on St. John Road? I know it is a private home, but I have heard rumors that it is haunted. Has anyone ever checked it out? It seems that the property always has a for sale sign in front of it.
It is not haunted either, it is just an old house that used to be a school and dormitory. Nothing ever happened there, and there are no ghosts there. As a matter of FACT there are no ghosts anywhere!

Since: Nov 09

Elizabethtown, KY

#33 Nov 8, 2009
Waverly Hills is definitely haunted. Also, the last church on the right before St.Johns EXT on the top of the hill is haunted. At the Gates of Hell/Kasey Cemetery you are more likely to find it more haunted in the parking lot...also I have been back in the forest and its weird because there is a path that takes you back there but when you turn around it disappears...could just be the way the grass grows in or the brush.

Anyhow, Bethlehem Acadamy on the way to Gates of Hell right there on St John Rd is supposedly haunted. It was an all girls Catholic Boarding school and word is that the nuns went crazy and killed everyone including themselves.

There is also storys of a place called Taylors Bend in Glendale. Word is that that place is haunted as well and the police can confirm it as one of there police cars is evidence.

Its also said that the last church on the left going through Glendale on New Glendale Rd right before you get to Taylors Bend that the Tombstones float sometimes.

So, is the Gates Of Hell public or private? I been out there and run off by the Shariffs dept.

Anyhow here is a story for ya. A few things you should know. 1- I have been chased out of the gates of hell before by people in a Fishers Plumbing van that made it very clear that they were chasing us...they waited for us at the last church before you get to GoH....then pulled out behind us and the chase was on.

2- I have been followed out of there by a "Ghost Car" We came out and there was clearly no one behind us then out of nowhere there are headlights. Chased us all down St John rd. Then when we got to the red light at Ring Rd we turned right...the car was on our ass..no more driveways....then we looked back and it was gone.

3- Pulling out of St Johns ext one time in front of the 1st trailer on the left as you are coming in...we hear a loud bang on the back of the car..like a shotgun blast.....so we floor it because its been said that the guy who lives in the trailer will shoot at you. We pull over and not a dent in the car or anything. It was like a shotgun went off in the trunk.

Elizabethtown, KY

#34 Nov 8, 2009
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch! That stung. By the way, I believe in God, and my faith in Him is strong. However, there are no ghosts, spooks, shadow people, or whatever! God will raise us all on Judgment Day, there are no lingering spirits. Loom around you at the nut cases that are so into "spooks".
So you can deny proof? I know that there are paranormal beings....as a matter of fact I have proof. Nothing doctored or fixed or anything like that either...not one bit hindered. If you can explain exactly what it is...then I will still not believe you because you obviously dont believe in demons or poltraguiest either. Also to go along with what you say which is correct but what I am about to add might just blow your mind. God will raise us on Judgement day....correct? Then what happens when people die? Oh yea, we rest.....but what if they dont want to rest? what if they choose to still walk the earth? Free will right? The dead do what they want to do. Some even go about there daily activities either refusing to acknowledge that they are deceased or not knowing that they are deceased. I believe in God myself and I believe that he will raise us on Judgement day. But to say that we must all rest until then is false. Many of us will end up dying on Judgement day should it be not that far away. Even if it is...people will die Judgement Day....therefore will not be resting very long if at all. Point is...you cant prove me wrong that there are no paranormal activity....in fact...I have more proof saying there is than you do saying there isnt ;)
Employer

Elizabethtown, KY

#35 Nov 9, 2009
Anarchy Child wrote:
Waverly Hills is definitely haunted. Also, the last church on the right before St.Johns EXT on the top of the hill is haunted. At the Gates of Hell/Kasey Cemetery you are more likely to find it more haunted in the parking lot...also I have been back in the forest and its weird because there is a path that takes you back there but when you turn around it disappears...could just be the way the grass grows in or the brush.
Anyhow, Bethlehem Acadamy on the way to Gates of Hell right there on St John Rd is supposedly haunted. It was an all girls Catholic Boarding school and word is that the nuns went crazy and killed everyone including themselves.
There is also storys of a place called Taylors Bend in Glendale. Word is that that place is haunted as well and the police can confirm it as one of there police cars is evidence.
Its also said that the last church on the left going through Glendale on New Glendale Rd right before you get to Taylors Bend that the Tombstones float sometimes.
So, is the Gates Of Hell public or private? I been out there and run off by the Shariffs dept.
Anyhow here is a story for ya. A few things you should know. 1- I have been chased out of the gates of hell before by people in a Fishers Plumbing van that made it very clear that they were chasing us...they waited for us at the last church before you get to GoH....then pulled out behind us and the chase was on.
2- I have been followed out of there by a "Ghost Car" We came out and there was clearly no one behind us then out of nowhere there are headlights. Chased us all down St John rd. Then when we got to the red light at Ring Rd we turned right...the car was on our ass..no more driveways....then we looked back and it was gone.
3- Pulling out of St Johns ext one time in front of the 1st trailer on the left as you are coming in...we hear a loud bang on the back of the car..like a shotgun blast.....so we floor it because its been said that the guy who lives in the trailer will shoot at you. We pull over and not a dent in the car or anything. It was like a shotgun went off in the trunk.
WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!!!!!!! LOL...No one was EVER killed at Bethlehem Academy, do some research! The cemetery at the end of St. John Rd is an old cemetery, that's it. Talk to anyone that has ever been there, not high or drunk, and you will know that NOTHING paranormal has ever happened there. Taylors bend is a park in Glendale that was donated in the 70's, it was closed because of the damage that dumb ass teenagers caused to it by burning a pavilion down. I have also been there many, many times "parking" with an ex girlfriend, and NOTHING ever happened.

Really, you have proof? You could make millions off of that proof, since NO ONE on earth has EVER been able to prove paranormal activity.

Ghost Car?!?!?! OMG....that alone shows what an idiot you are.
Employer

Elizabethtown, KY

#36 Nov 9, 2009
Anarchy Child wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can deny proof? I know that there are paranormal beings....as a matter of fact I have proof. Nothing doctored or fixed or anything like that either...not one bit hindered. If you can explain exactly what it is...then I will still not believe you because you obviously dont believe in demons or poltraguiest either. Also to go along with what you say which is correct but what I am about to add might just blow your mind. God will raise us on Judgement day....correct? Then what happens when people die? Oh yea, we rest.....but what if they dont want to rest? what if they choose to still walk the earth? Free will right? The dead do what they want to do. Some even go about there daily activities either refusing to acknowledge that they are deceased or not knowing that they are deceased. I believe in God myself and I believe that he will raise us on Judgement day. But to say that we must all rest until then is false. Many of us will end up dying on Judgement day should it be not that far away. Even if it is...people will die Judgement Day....therefore will not be resting very long if at all. Point is...you cant prove me wrong that there are no paranormal activity....in fact...I have more proof saying there is than you do saying there isnt ;)
FYI...The Sixth Sense was just a movie. It was not a true story, not based on a true story....just a movie.

Elizabethtown, KY

#37 Nov 9, 2009
Employer wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!!!!!!! LOL...No one was EVER killed at Bethlehem Academy, do some research! The cemetery at the end of St. John Rd is an old cemetery, that's it. Talk to anyone that has ever been there, not high or drunk, and you will know that NOTHING paranormal has ever happened there. Taylors bend is a park in Glendale that was donated in the 70's, it was closed because of the damage that dumb ass teenagers caused to it by burning a pavilion down. I have also been there many, many times "parking" with an ex girlfriend, and NOTHING ever happened.
Really, you have proof? You could make millions off of that proof, since NO ONE on earth has EVER been able to prove paranormal activity.
Ghost Car?!?!?! OMG....that alone shows what an idiot you are.
Alright....like I said before....I "heard" those things about Bethlehem Academy....therefore who is the douchebag now...learn to read you dumb fuck. Also I "heard" those things about Taylors Bend. Now I do have on voice recording voices that are whispers that are not ours....and yes the tapes were blank that we were using and no we did not use both sides so that there can be no error as to if that sound was coming from what has been previously recorded. Anyhow sounds like you dont believe in the paranormal at all? And for the record we were not drunk or high. You say no one has ever been able to prove paranormal? Are you really that fucking retarded? Shit is documented EVERYWHERE. Why dont you do some fucking research you dumbass. Oh yea, because your too damn busy trying to pick fights with people online you coward ass piece of shit! You see, you dont have to cut people down to give them correct information. Not everyone can be as smart as you. Here ya go...you tell me Waverly Hills Sanitorium doesnt have paranormal activity and you tell me that what I heard on those tapes.....which have been proven that it was none of the people in our group saying that....isnt paranormal....and I will shut my mouth. But you have to prove to me that its not paranormal. Also...nice touch with that Sixth Sense bullshit....very funny, you're a comedic genius.
Employer

Elizabethtown, KY

#38 Nov 10, 2009
Waverly Hills is a tourist attraction now. Everything that has ever happened there can very easily be debunked. No one has ever caught anything on tape or video that can be proven, yeah, I know...the tv shows that show all of this crap are in it for the ratings, so sure they are going to make it look spooky. I HAVE been there...on several occasions. I have even spent the night there with a group of people BEFORE it was purchased and turned into to what you see today. And guess what!!! Nothing happened, we saw nothing, and only heard noises that are heard in any old decaying building. Yes, it was scary and spooky, but that is because of the scary expectations that I had going into it. Once the sun rose, I could still hear those same sounds and it wasn't scary anymore.

Elizabethtown, KY

#39 Nov 10, 2009
IM sure you have. Im sure you have done it all..probably even climbed Mt. Everest and probably even had a condo on Pompeii and a beach house on the moon. What do you think Video is ..its proof. Also, Voices on tape? really...how can you deny such proof? You have never heard a tape that had voices on it that werent yours? or someone elses? Not only that....I know a real house that is haunted. My cousin use to live in it. I could show you the house but its someone elses now. The house isnt as haunted as the yard behind it is. The house was an old Civil war hospital and a spring in the back from the cowboy and indian days. Its the white house on the right in the sharp turn right before you get to Upper Colesburg Rd.
Interesting

Elizabethtown, KY

#41 Jul 2, 2011
I have read through all these comments and i find it amazing that some say there is no such thing as ghosts,spooks,shadow people and etc because theres no "proof" this paranormal activity has been documented,recorded,video taped and even books written on it,heck theres even people whom go to college and get degrees to teach and research on things that cant be explained.Now before i say this i do believe in God,Jesus,Heaven,Hell and the Devil.I as well am i Christain,but if you REALLY think about it and analyze it what proof is there of Gods existance? A book written by man? There are no videos,recordings,pictures or anything of the such other than a book written by men whom say they were told to write it.In fact if you look at facts there is more visual,audible and documented proof of ghosts and etc then there are of God.All we have with God is our faith and belief he is there,if thats enough for us to believe in him then why cant we believe also whats right in front of your face? Because its something you dont understand and youre scared of it.
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#42 Jul 3, 2011
Etown Resident wrote:
Ive lived right up the road from bethelehem academy for a few years now and so ive heard some stories about the second floor being haunted but its an old house so i dont know the explanation behind it. as for it being for sale, the property itself was separated into several residences and the one claimed to be haunted is the main building directly in front which is owned by a family already.(:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Hooters Opening in our area? 7 min Stan 37
why is there more white girls with black guys t... (Feb '12) 7 hr Social Worker 195
current woodland mhp residents! 9 hr Boss 7
Fat Women Of Elizabethtown Need To Diet! 11 hr my lardo wife 3
Justice for the Michael Williams Family 13 hr CURT W 24
Fat Wife wants me to spank her just disgusted! 14 hr Dumb Hubby 1
Jiggly Bre asts what can I do? 14 hr Dumb Hubby 1

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages