Dow Corning

Posted in the Elizabethtown Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Career hunter

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 4, 2011
 
Does anyone know what the schedule and pay is for a Dow Corning Production Operator?
Anon

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 4, 2011
 
Not sure, but I know they aren't hiring right now. I applied and that's what they told me.
Know him

Brandenburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

It depends on the position but after you get established it runs between $12/hr - $18/hour, probably the highest paying hourly jobs in Hardin Co. You have to join the union (which sucks)and put up with all that BS, but the management is good and treats employees well (better than the Union treats management/leaders). A good, safe, secure, place to work with great benefits.
Career hunter

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 5, 2011
 
The position is production operater. Does anyone have anything more specific.
Know Him

Brandenburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 6, 2011
 
Career hunter wrote:
The position is production operator. Does anyone have anything more specific.
They have a number of different processes including; Batch mixer, continuous polymer, continuous sealant, automated batch mixer, packaging, custom color manufacturing etc. They primarily make sealants, polymers, silicone coatings, and encapsulates. Operator is responsible for staging raw materials, loading process to a recipe, running the process and in many cases also doing the packaging. Responsible for the production recording, product quality, and safety of the process.
wages

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 6, 2011
 
Know him wrote:
It depends on the position but after you get established it runs between $12/hr -$18/hour, probably the highest paying hourly jobs in Hardin Co. You have to join the union (which sucks)and put up with all that BS, but the management is good and treats employees well (better than the Union treats management/leaders). A good, safe, secure, place to work with great benefits.
no actually Flint ink has the highest paid wages in etown, you start off at what everyone else makes which is usally around $20 an hour.
Know Him

Brandenburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 6, 2011
 
wages wrote:
<quoted text> no actually Flint ink has the highest paid wages in etown, you start off at what everyone else makes which is usally around $20 an hour.
But when you consider the benefits package at DC (health, 401K, life, vision, profit sharing, cash awards, overtime, etc) the total value to the employee is around $60/hour.
wages

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 7, 2011
 
Know Him wrote:
<quoted text>
But when you consider the benefits package at DC (health, 401K, life, vision, profit sharing, cash awards, overtime, etc) the total value to the employee is around $60/hour.
Flint ink has all the same benfits, 401K, profit sharing, life, vision, health,overtime etc. Just about all of the factories do. Well if their worth working at they do.
Nope

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 1, 2012
 
The dollar figure quoted here ($12-18) isn't accurate for "established" employees. Those numbers are closer to the amount earned for those who are still in their probationary period.
at nolinrecc

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 1, 2012
 
wages wrote:
<quoted text> Flint ink has all the same benfits, 401K, profit sharing, life, vision, health,overtime etc. Just about all of the factories do. Well if their worth working at they do.
at nolin they 100 percent of you're retirement and match a 401k anf pay 100percent of insurance when you retire at 30 yrs.i could live with with a 700.000 dollar ck after 30 yrs and still wk their.thats the place to get a job around this country..
not true

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 1, 2012
 
wages wrote:
<quoted text> no actually Flint ink has the highest paid wages in etown, you start off at what everyone else makes which is usally around $20 an hour.
nolin recc starts out out side workers around 18dollars then in a year or 2 they pay over 29 dollars 2 33 dollars with ot.30 yrs you're sit 401k to cash out life insurance payed for life spouse included and a one lump sum of you're 100 percent retirement lowest payout i heard of was 600.000 and she is still working their.now how do you get a job their?
jason

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 1, 2012
 
Nope wrote:
The dollar figure quoted here ($12-18) isn't accurate for "established" employees. Those numbers are closer to the amount earned for those who are still in their probationary period.
I WOULDN'T WORK IN A FREAKIN FACTORY FOR 30 DOLLARS A HOUR.IT IS THe MOST MISERABLE LIFE ON EARTH USED TO GET SICK PULLING IN FLINT INK PARKING LOT UNTIL I GOT SMART AND QUIT AND WEN'T to DO CONST AND NOW I CAN BREATH BETTER AND FELL THE SUN ON MY SHOULDERS HATE FACTORIES.
son needs a job chasity

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 1, 2012
 
at nolinrecc wrote:
<quoted text>at nolin they 100 percent of you're retirement and match a 401k anf pay 100percent of insurance when you retire at 30 yrs.i could live with with a 700.000 dollar ck after 30 yrs and still wk their.thats the place to get a job around this country..
Do anybody know how to get a job at nolinrecc?i'm on the;r service do they half to go to limeman school?i would like my son to wk their i see the men out and they are very nice guys.he would start out any where in the company.thanks,chasity.
Question

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 1, 2012
 
jason wrote:
<quoted text>I WOULDN'T WORK IN A FREAKIN FACTORY FOR 30 DOLLARS A HOUR.IT IS THe MOST MISERABLE LIFE ON EARTH USED TO GET SICK PULLING IN FLINT INK PARKING LOT UNTIL I GOT SMART AND QUIT AND WEN'T to DO CONST AND NOW I CAN BREATH BETTER AND FELL THE SUN ON MY SHOULDERS HATE FACTORIES.
I agree. I worked at Akebono for nearly 15 years. I began having breathing problems after working a few years. I worked until I bought all I needed, paid it all off and quit. I don't make a fraction of the money now, but I am back to 100 percent health.And I've gotten to watch my kids grow up. That is worth more than any amount of money.
amen

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 1, 2012
 
Question wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. I worked at Akebono for nearly 15 years. I began having breathing problems after working a few years. I worked until I bought all I needed, paid it all off and quit. I don't make a fraction of the money now, but I am back to 100 percent health.And I've gotten to watch my kids grow up. That is worth more than any amount of money.
enough said..
chasity

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 1, 2012
 
son needs a job chasity wrote:
<quoted text>Do anybody know how to get a job at nolinrecc?i'm on the;r service do they half to go to limeman school?i would like my son to wk their i see the men out and they are very nice guys.he would start out any where in the company.thanks,chasity.
tried for years they hire experence lineman mostly unless you know somebody out their.i have to agree they make a hell lot of money like KU.
Interested

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 14, 2013
 
What is their written test like? Does any one know how long it is.? Is it as hard as they say? Or is it common sense?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Elizabethtown Forum right now

Search the Elizabethtown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Diane and Roxanne at Hmh 18 min Sentry 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 28 min Justice Dale 138,784
Bud Bumgardner is YOUR Bud for Hardin Sheriff 1 hr Getagrip 30
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Mississippi Man 81,215
Can some one tell me what the BRAC scandal is? 1 hr Getagrip 6
"BRAC SCANDAL AUTHOR" Calling YOU OUT!! 1 hr Getagrip 10
Online Yard Sale (Aug '11) 1 hr Marsha 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Elizabethtown Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Elizabethtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••