Federal cuts would affect thousands at Fort Knox

Feb 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHAS11

About 7,000 civilian workers at Fort Knox will be affected if federal cuts in defense spending take effect next Friday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of110
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sammywasoo

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

They will continue to make money any way, Don't even need the ones they have...

Since: Oct 10

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Sammywasoo wrote:
They will continue to make money any way, Don't even need the ones they have...
Well apparently 51% of the people in this country wanted change and now they are getting. I was not one who voted for change. I really don't know why everyone is surprised? Liberals always cut the defense budget and add to the social programs.
Billy Bats

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

kjd2555 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals always cut the defense budget and add to the social programs.
Both need to be cut.

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Unless its you who is losing your job or its your son or husband who is military and not properly prepared. Or until we are attacked again on our home front. Then you will be wanting federal money. I would rather crack down on giving federal money to people who are not looking for jobs cause it messes with their checks or benefits.
More than that

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

thousands in the communities they spend their money will be affected too. If the GOP would get their heads out of their ass the right cuts would be in place. But typically it will hold the federal workers and the rest of the country hostage while they insist the rich still get their BUSH cuts. Pay attention idiots. If we end two wars the defense doesn't need all that money any longer, as well as all the high tech weaponry reduces the need for tanks, fighter jets, etc...some people just don't get it. Mostly Romney supporters. Go figure.
Mandy

Hodgenville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

kjd2555 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well apparently 51% of the people in this country wanted change and now they are getting. I was not one who voted for change. I really don't know why everyone is surprised? Liberals always cut the defense budget and add to the social programs.
Its civialian jobs being affected as they need to be. I know someone who works over there that makes $15 an hour for watching tv most of the day.
And yet

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

those in Congress still get their pay and oh wait....another raise.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

kjd2555 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you live under a rock, you know that half of sequestration is military, the other half IS to discretionary social programs. The idea of it is to give both sides some pain so that they'd go to the table to negotiate changes in entitlement (non-discretionary) programs (which are the real debt culprits). So, yeah, enjoy being laid off from your military job AND not having the social programs in place to help you when you do...and keep voting for those "no compromise" politicians until you're in the bread line.
Exactly

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you live under a rock, you know that half of sequestration is military, the other half IS to discretionary social programs. The idea of it is to give both sides some pain so that they'd go to the table to negotiate changes in entitlement (non-discretionary) programs (which are the real debt culprits). So, yeah, enjoy being laid off from your military job AND not having the social programs in place to help you when you do...and keep voting for those "no compromise" politicians until you're in the bread line.
...right. Wish the NOs included those who are also federal employees...Congress.
Fluffy the Rat

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

As a Knox employee facing furlough.....thank you Obama.

The only silver lining is the ability to see his ignorant followers sent home.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
...right. Wish the NOs included those who are also federal employees...Congress.
Well those 7,000 employees are represented in the Senate by Rand Paul who called the cuts "insignificant" and a "non-event." The News Enterprise today ran a cartoon depicting the whole thing as just a little paper cut on a finger. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Fluffy the Rat wrote:
You, sir, are the heart and soul of the Tea Party...willing to lose your job just to see your co-workers suffer too. The Koch's thank you for your service.

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Not an Obama fan and not a huge fan of senator Paul. Also thank your liberal media for your layoffs.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

kjd2555 wrote:
Not an Obama fan and not a huge fan of senator Paul. Also thank your liberal media for your layoffs.
OK, I'll bite. What in God's name does the media have to do with military layoffs? Look, the Federal budget is less than 40% discretionary (meaning the other 60% can't be touched). Of that 40%, 60% is in military spending. Of that, most is tied to long-standing contracts for weapons systems already awarded by Congress. So it's really just math: when Congress tells the President that we're not going to raise the debt limit unless you cut X in spending, they know damn well that the ONLY way for the President to achieve that alone (without Congress passing a new budget) will be through deep cuts to Government employees...teachers, soldiers, cops, etc. Everything else, like Paul talking about goldfish or giving big checks to the Treasury for not using paper clips, is just a political circus from DC's biggest clown.
datahaza

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

If 7000 civilian employees will be affected, how many civilians work at Fort Knox?
Party of No

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Fluffy the Rat wrote:
WRONG...thank your grand old party of NO and your tea party congressman rand paul. The President isn't holding up progress, TEA PARTY CONGRESS is. Get it right dumbass.
Whatever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

i love how this country wants to cut spending but it ends up on us the citizens instead of support for some other country. go figure!
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

And now Mitch chimes in:

"Personally, I don't believe the world will end if the president's sequester takes effect."

Pretty easy to see that "our" Senators are more concerned with their DC jobs than with the voters back home.
Party of No

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Yep that would be the party of no, as long as they are taken care of and the President wants their Bush tax cuts ended they will hold the working people and the rest of Ameica hostage. They should be furloughed too. They should be terminated for not doing their job. The people won't forget coming up 2014 when they want our votes again. Dems will win again. We will DITCH MITCH for sure.
Farty of Know

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Party of No wrote:
Yep that would be the party of no, as long as they are taken care of and the President wants their Bush tax cuts ended they will hold the working people and the rest of Ameica hostage. They should be furloughed too. They should be terminated for not doing their job. The people won't forget coming up 2014 when they want our votes again. Dems will win again. We will DITCH MITCH for sure.
...and the Fed deficit runup will keep on truckin'

yay free $$$ boo fiscal ssanity

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of110
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Elizabethtown Forum right now

Search the Elizabethtown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 14 min Ancient Wolf 81,213
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Treehouse 138,749
Communicare Job Cuts (Feb '11) 32 min New CEO 28
IHOP Manager Tina 2 hr worker all my life 20
why do black folks always think the world owes ... 2 hr worker all my life 10
Samantha Ryan 2 hr yoy 5
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 5 hr BIG_STEVIE 16,030
•••
•••
•••
Elizabethtown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Elizabethtown Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Elizabethtown People Search