First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Central Scrutinizer

Vine Grove, KY

#1 Jun 30, 2012
Anyone know anything about this guy from Vine Grove?
LocalYokel

Sonora, KY

#2 Jul 2, 2012
Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Anyone know anything about this guy from Vine Grove?
I think so...did he do "tree work" for you?
Central Scrutinizer

Vine Grove, KY

#3 Jul 2, 2012
LocalYokel wrote:
<quoted text>
I think so...did he do "tree work" for you?
You could call it that (half a$$ed) and then disappeared with cash to do some other work. This guy is bad news. Don't ever have him and brother do any work for you. You know where I can find him?
LocalYokel

Radcliff, KY

#4 Jul 2, 2012
too late...my story: I paid him AFTER he did the work. it wasn't too bad, but he didn't clean up giant pile of brush like he said he would. Two days later he came back for a "loan" to get his chainsaw out of the repair shop so he could finish a job...i know: I'm Stupid...he was going to do more work for me; It's definitely him...and his brother. I'm looking for him now. I have his license plate. hardin county plates 884 MXN; his full name is Hugh Anthony Simpson. You wanna help find him? I live in Etown; I doubt he lives in Vine Grove.
Central Scrutinizer

Vine Grove, KY

#5 Jul 2, 2012
LocalYokel wrote:
too late...my story: I paid him AFTER he did the work. it wasn't too bad, but he didn't clean up giant pile of brush like he said he would. Two days later he came back for a "loan" to get his chainsaw out of the repair shop so he could finish a job...i know: I'm Stupid...he was going to do more work for me; It's definitely him...and his brother. I'm looking for him now. I have his license plate. hardin county plates 884 MXN; his full name is Hugh Anthony Simpson. You wanna help find him? I live in Etown; I doubt he lives in Vine Grove.
Exact story with me....Word for word. I asked for his drivers license and it said Vine Grove (If it was real).
LocalYokel

Sonora, KY

#6 Jul 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Exact story with me....Word for word. I asked for his drivers license and it said Vine Grove (If it was real).
well, that narrows it down...maybe. Do you remember any of the address? Any other information that might be helpful?
Brooker

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jul 2, 2012
What does he look like? About how old is he...?
LocalYokel

Sonora, KY

#8 Jul 2, 2012
Brooker wrote:
tall-ish, wild hair, tan, rough, very few teeth, 40-50 yrs old, hard to understand, drives a gray-primer over yellow/orange older dodge pickup with 3 matching tires and and odd-sized one (he's looking for a matching tire in case anyone wants to help). I have his cell number if anyone wants it. He won't answer my calls anymore...his brother looks similar but balding and not as tall.
Central Scrutinizer

Vine Grove, KY

#9 Jul 2, 2012
Brooker wrote:
No, I don't remember the adress aside from Vine Grove. I would say he is about 6' tall, slim, late 30's, a weeks growth of facial hair which is white, no upper front teeth, they drive an older Dodge pickup that is yellow with a grey primer left fender (without trim), jacked up suspension with mud tires. Wonder if the Hardin county sheriff could locate given the license plate number?
Central Scrutinizer

Vine Grove, KY

#10 Jul 2, 2012
LocalYokel wrote:
<quoted text>
tall-ish, wild hair, tan, rough, very few teeth, 40-50 yrs old, hard to understand, drives a gray-primer over yellow/orange older dodge pickup with 3 matching tires and and odd-sized one (he's looking for a matching tire in case anyone wants to help). I have his cell number if anyone wants it. He won't answer my calls anymore...his brother looks similar but balding and not as tall.
Yeah, you nailed it.
Central Scrutinizer

Vine Grove, KY

#11 Jul 2, 2012
LocalYokel wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you still have his phone number?
LocalYokel

Sonora, KY

#13 Jul 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Do you still have his phone number?
This site keeps erasing my post, so I'll type the number in words: five-oh-two seven-nine-two four-four-two-eight. He answered the first couple of times, but no longer. Let me know if you get through. Sheriff's office (or any other law enforcement-related entity, e.g., county attorney) won't bother with this. They're too busy writing speeding tickets and investigating social media harassment claims. However, if you have a friend who is a cop, I know they can look it up in 2 seconds from their patrol car. Just sayin'...
Central Scrutinizer

Vine Grove, KY

#14 Jul 2, 2012
LocalYokel wrote:
<quoted text>
This site keeps erasing my post, so I'll type the number in words: five-oh-two seven-nine-two four-four-two-eight. He answered the first couple of times, but no longer. Let me know if you get through. Sheriff's office (or any other law enforcement-related entity, e.g., county attorney) won't bother with this. They're too busy writing speeding tickets and investigating social media harassment claims. However, if you have a friend who is a cop, I know they can look it up in 2 seconds from their patrol car. Just sayin'...
I think I have a connection, I will follow up. Anyone else out there that has delt with these 2 please let me know.
LocalYokel

Sonora, KY

#15 Jul 2, 2012
<quoted text>
I think I have a connection, I will follow up. Anyone else out there that has delt with these 2 please let me know.
same here...please let me know, as well
Central Scrutinizer

Vine Grove, KY

#16 Jul 3, 2012
LocalYokel wrote:
<quoted text>
same here...please let me know, as well
Well, I have been in contact with Vine Grove police chief and he is familiar with these two. They no longer live in Vine Grove (no wonder Simpson was so willing to give up his drivers license) and they were charged with "theft by deception" last year in Meade Co. I have notified Hardin Co. sheriff office, and will see what happens.
LocalYokel

Sonora, KY

#17 Jul 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, I have been in contact with Vine Grove police chief and he is familiar with these two. They no longer live in Vine Grove (no wonder Simpson was so willing to give up his drivers license) and they were charged with "theft by deception" last year in Meade Co. I have notified Hardin Co. sheriff office, and will see what happens.
I appreciate the update. I will go to the Hardin Co. sheriff's office on Thursday in person to file a complaint, as well. Over the weekend I called them from a different number and the brother answered (although it sounded like Tony). I told him we were ALL coming to collect, so he'd better be ready to pay his debts. The "brother" said, "ok, i'll let Tony know you called." My guess is meth-heads or some other drug-related lifestyle is involved. Did you happen to get any more information on them? Are the VG police going to do anything?
Central Scrutinizer

Vine Grove, KY

#18 Jul 4, 2012
LocalYokel wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate the update. I will go to the Hardin Co. sheriff's office on Thursday in person to file a complaint, as well. Over the weekend I called them from a different number and the brother answered (although it sounded like Tony). I told him we were ALL coming to collect, so he'd better be ready to pay his debts. The "brother" said, "ok, i'll let Tony know you called." My guess is meth-heads or some other drug-related lifestyle is involved. Did you happen to get any more information on them? Are the VG police going to do anything?
Great. I also called them and told them we are comming for them. I plan to follow up with Hardin Co sheriff Thursday and also file a report with Etown police. I got the impression from VG police chief Riggs that since these two have moved out of VG that there wasn't anything they could do, unless they committed another crime in VG. Let's get'em!
LocalYokel

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Great. I also called them and told them we are comming for them. I plan to follow up with Hardin Co sheriff Thursday and also file a report with Etown police. I got the impression from VG police chief Riggs that since these two have moved out of VG that there wasn't anything they could do, unless they committed another crime in VG. Let's get'em!
The HC Sheriff was awesome...he went over the guy's entire criminal history, which is extensive. Shocker. He has two outstanding warrants. Again, surprise surprise. One of them is a felony, and it's in the eWarrant system so anyone in the state that pulls him over will know about the warrant and will arrest him on the spot. That's the main problem, though: they can't find him to serve the warrants, and the issue(s) aren't a high priority for them to spend a lot of resources looking. His actual name is HOYLE ANTHONY SIMPSON, DOB 9/14/1960, last know address is 303 Brown St., Vine Grove, KY. He is not known to live there anymore, but definitely has roots in VG. Since the nature of his actions were more civil in nature, the Sheriff sent me over to the County Attorney's office to file a complaint, which I did. They will take 7-10 days to decide what to do, but may roll it into the other activities somehow and make it part of the criminal actions. At least it's on file. The Sheriff also told me to tell you that if you talk to the Chief Riggs to let him know about the warrants, etc., just in case he is not aware of the eWarrant status of this POS. Keep me informed if you hear/see/do anything and I will do the same...
LocalYokel

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Jul 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Central Scrutinizer...not sure if you're still on here, but just wanted to update you. County Attorney called me this morning and told me they are sending him a letter. They "know" him and his brother, and the dude is definitely going to jail for a year or more for his criminal actions. As for what he did to you and me, that's a civil matter (contract issue) and we would have to sue him. I don't care about the money anymore, but I won't let this go until the scumbag is behind bars. I'm sure he'll resume when he gets out, but maybe if people like us file complaints and keep the word out it will be tougher for him to succeed. County attorney said we should keep calling him and let him know we are pursuing lawsuits against him, etc. Anyway, keep in touch on here, especially if you make any progress.
LakeGirl

Vine Grove, KY

#21 Jul 10, 2012
This guy stopped at my house last week to ask about taking down a dead tree.

He gave his name as Tony Simplson and was with his brother. Exactly as described on here. I had not contacted them about the tree. They claimed they were doing work in the neigborhood.

I was aphrehensive to begin with but talked with him about it.

He only wanted to remove the tree if I paid cash on that very day. I asked if he was bonded and insured and he claimed he was. I asked for a ph number and he made excuses about giving me one. He told me he would give me a card but got in his truck and left without doing that.

I told him I was getting estimates from a few other companies and he made it clear it was a TODAY ONLY deal and said they needed the money.

Thank Goodness I did not take the bait!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is "Toby" ? 15 min Meto 7
Hillary Clinton will save the middle class and ... 33 min GW Bush 112
Chic Fil A 1 hr Kelly 5
Pinocchio Mitch is an Obama loving doofus 2 hr GW Bush 7
Peddlers Mall 2 hr t 4
Laura Boozer 3 hr xpac 10
altec 3 hr just wondering 4
More from around the web

Elizabethtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE