Alyssa

Vine Grove, KY

#41 Jan 2, 2012
Hallelujah wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with you on this one. The county attorney "DOES" reprimand in the form of a letter to warn you that you could be dealt with further. I don't know where you got your information on this, but I have seen the letter that was mailed to a friend over an issue. Sorry to disagree, but you needed to know.
I don't consider that a reprimand. It is a suggestion to change behavior or criminal charges may ensue. A reprimand would be left to a judge.
Hallelujah

Elizabethtown, KY

#42 Jan 2, 2012
Alyssa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider that a reprimand. It is a suggestion to change behavior or criminal charges may ensue. A reprimand would be left to a judge.
Oh. EXCCCCCCCCCCUSE me! I was under the impression anytime the word warning was used it was a reprimand. You know like in a work folder when you royally screwed up in the work place and you get a letter of reprimand placed in your file. ESCCCCCCCCCUSE me! I have been so enlightened on topix by the queen of know it all. Thank you so much. Going thru life ignorant and uninformed is just no way to travel.
isee

Elizabethtown, KY

#43 Jan 11, 2012
Alyssa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for one thing, the county attorney doesn't reprimand people. If a police officer or a citizen presents a problem to them that is a legitimate legal, criminal issue, they will produce a warrant and if the judge decides to sign it, it will be given to law enforcement and they will serve the warrant. The county attorney's office is not a law enforcement agency.
I don't see the county attorney's office doing anything about conplaints about these drunks & drug heads that harass the older people and even throw beer can at them, They went up & filed charges, nothing was never done.
just read the paper

Elizabethtown, KY

#44 Jan 11, 2012
Well, from what I read in the paper just now, they disrespect the jurors for whatever the decision they make if it doen'st agree with the prosecutor. Now do that enough times and you'll have trouble finding a jury. Judges, you need to send the message to the attorneys that belitting the jury after a trial can lead to you not having a job.
just the facts please

Elizabethtown, KY

#45 Jan 11, 2012
Actually, I didn't think the Asst. Commonwealth Atty. was being disrespectful of the jury. I was on that jury (voted guilty) and she spotted me at lunch on Monday and we discussed the trial and the thought process going on with the jurors. I told her I thought the amount of evidence for such a slam dunk case may have been overwhelming for the one doofus who voted not guilty. She totally understood and shared my frustration. I just think the newspaper story twisted her words somewhat. Imagine that.
just read the paper

Elizabethtown, KY

#46 Jan 11, 2012
just the facts please wrote:
Actually, I didn't think the Asst. Commonwealth Atty. was being disrespectful of the jury. I was on that jury (voted guilty) and she spotted me at lunch on Monday and we discussed the trial and the thought process going on with the jurors. I told her I thought the amount of evidence for such a slam dunk case may have been overwhelming for the one doofus who voted not guilty. She totally understood and shared my frustration. I just think the newspaper story twisted her words somewhat. Imagine that.
So are you saying this "doofus" that voted not guilty was not entitled to do that? What makes your vote more important than "doofus's" vote????

You being a little Pius here? Pius like say in a lawyer way?
just the facts please

Elizabethtown, KY

#47 Jan 11, 2012
Ok, bad choice of words on my part. The juror in question had an agenda based on her experience sitting on another jury, and she felt guilty later on for the defendent going to jail. So, for her own selfish reasons, she chose to ignore the jury instructions given by the judge. That was the only explanation she would give for her stance, while the rest of us discussed our differences in good faith and eventually came to a concensus. So no, I don't think she was entitled to do what she did. The rest of us based our decisions on the facts of the case and the law as it is written, while she did not.
More disrespect

Elizabethtown, KY

#48 Feb 7, 2012
This was printed in today's paper.

"Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Heather Paynter presented the dismissal motion in court Jan. 10, she said she was “dismayed” by the jury’s inability to reach a verdict in the case."

Now let me just tell you that when someone like the county attorney makes statements like that and they're printed in the newspaper, there will come a time soon when no one---NO ONE will be willing to serve or serve effectively on a jury if they are going to be subject to ridicule when they vote and it doens't go the way of the county attorney. Funny thing, the judge will tell others that the jury is HANDS OFF and they are to be left alone and yet this county attorney can make blatant statements to the press and it's okay. Well, I'm telling you if I ever have to serve on a jury and this prosecutor is making statements like this, I might just find an ingrown toenail might keep me from making a decision to the best of my ability and need to be excused rather than be ridiculed by fancy pants lawyer. Just saying.... I'm dismayed by the statement of the County Attorney.
just saying

Elizabethtown, KY

#49 Feb 8, 2012
that office is to be feared. beware.
Jackie

Vine Grove, KY

#50 Feb 8, 2012
More disrespect wrote:
This was printed in today's paper.
"Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Heather Paynter presented the dismissal motion in court Jan. 10, she said she was “dismayed” by the jury’s inability to reach a verdict in the case."
Now let me just tell you that when someone like the county attorney makes statements like that and they're printed in the newspaper, there will come a time soon when no one---NO ONE will be willing to serve or serve effectively on a jury if they are going to be subject to ridicule when they vote and it doens't go the way of the county attorney. Funny thing, the judge will tell others that the jury is HANDS OFF and they are to be left alone and yet this county attorney can make blatant statements to the press and it's okay. Well, I'm telling you if I ever have to serve on a jury and this prosecutor is making statements like this, I might just find an ingrown toenail might keep me from making a decision to the best of my ability and need to be excused rather than be ridiculed by fancy pants lawyer. Just saying.... I'm dismayed by the statement of the County Attorney.
PLEASE! Why can't people understand that the County Attorney and the Commonwealth Attorney are two different people, entities, offices. Do not attribute quotes by an assistant commonwealth attorney to the county attorney! They county attorney's office had nothing to do with this case!
Becoming Aware

Elizabethtown, KY

#51 Apr 22, 2012
just saying wrote:
that office is to be feared. beware.
Beginning to become aware all ain't right in Gotham City. And this particular office acts and operations on a Nilly Willy theory.
been there done that

Elizabethtown, KY

#52 Apr 22, 2012
Yeah, it's a shame. Been there and done that! They say one thing to your face and then do another. No one takes them seriously. They have no authority to do anything. Just a complaint/gripe center with paperwork.
Do Not Understand

Elizabethtown, KY

#53 Apr 22, 2012
I'm not sure I understand the function and workings of this office. Who is it responsible to? Who is in charge? What are their duties and job descriptions? And further, where can one go to find out exactly what they do?
Do Not Understand

Elizabethtown, KY

#54 Apr 22, 2012
Oh, is it like a free attorney for people who don't want to hire one?
Alyssa

Vine Grove, KY

#55 Apr 22, 2012
Do Not Understand wrote:
Oh, is it like a free attorney for people who don't want to hire one?
If you don't want to hire an attorney, no one is going to make you. If you mean an attorney if you can't afford one, that would be the public defender's office. If you don't know the functions of and the differences between the Commonwealth Attorney and the County Attorney, google them. They are both elected offices in Kentucky.
You there

Elizabethtown, KY

#56 Jun 26, 2012
melyssakaye wrote:
It all revolves around money for the city, if you have a problem that they can't make money off of (ie: fines and court costs), forget about it. Try to only need them during election years, lol.
We talked before.
ReconaScandalisi ntheMix

Elizabethtown, KY

#57 Jun 27, 2012
Anyone from the Hardin County Attorney's Office heard of a little scandal called BRAC Rineyville Waste Water?
Funny

Elizabethtown, KY

#58 Jun 27, 2012
Did you see in the paper where the state attorney general WROTE her a letter and chewed her ass out? Best day of my life. I'd have to go back to the newspaper but it had to do with something she ignored (typical and usually what she does) and he called her out on it and she had to reply back to him. She says, "I didn't know"!!! I think they say ignorance of the law is no excuse. You go state attorney general. Whooo Hooooo!
garnet

Vine Grove, KY

#59 Jun 29, 2012
Funny wrote:
Did you see in the paper where the state attorney general WROTE her a letter and chewed her ass out? Best day of my life. I'd have to go back to the newspaper but it had to do with something she ignored (typical and usually what she does) and he called her out on it and she had to reply back to him. She says, "I didn't know"!!! I think they say ignorance of the law is no excuse. You go state attorney general. Whooo Hooooo!
No, I didn't see that. And why would it be in the paper? Chewed her out for what?
Here it is

Elizabethtown, KY

#60 Jun 29, 2012
This appeared in the paper.
"the Attorney General’s Office declared Hardin County Attorney Jenny Oldham “erred” when she failed to issue a response to a complaint. The Attorney General’s Office, in its ruling, surmised that Oldham failed to respond to the request in a timely manner and should issue a written response."
LMAO!!!! Someone finally got a handle on that office. Actually don't even know why we have it since you can't ever find anything good it does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fort Knox? 47 min Heard it too 2
Weight loss Doctor in Hardin County 2 hr Abs 3
Best Artist for Text/Script Tattoo 2 hr SFC Robinson 21
Hampton Beats Kentucky, Upset of the Century 2 hr Abdul 62
Poll Do you hate minorities? 2 hr Juan 3
akebono going to 2 shifts? and doing major layo... 4 hr Krystal 10
Natasha Handberry 5 hr John 2
Elizabethtown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web