Ben Cole High Speed Chase

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

Concerned Citizen

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jul 29, 2013
http://www.wjhl.com/story/22947633/high-speed...

What was he thinking? His brother and sister are good people. What happened to Ben?
Jake

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jul 29, 2013
Brittany Knight
Messed Up

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jul 29, 2013
All I know us I would hate to be in his shoes right now! The judge will have a field day with this one!

Since: May 11

Jonesborough, TN

#4 Jul 29, 2013
I've known him and his family for years. Damn shame this had to happen.
Observer

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jul 29, 2013
Jake wrote:
Brittany Knight
Seriously????
Is He

Newland, NC

#6 Jul 30, 2013
Is he related to Ralph Cole ?
on route

United States

#7 Jul 31, 2013
I live on broad st extension and happened to be outside to let my dog out right when ben was flying past my house......and flying is an extreme understatement. I completely agree that driving under the influence is unacceptable but entirely too many lives were put in extreme danger during the course of the pursuit for example everyone inside any house or building he passed, all officers, and his own......which judging by his actions he could care less about his own life. I just think that the whole situation could have been handled a lot more safely, but thank goodness no one was seriously injured or killed. its events like this that cause me to worry myself sick about the possibility of a car coming thru my house and even worse.....injuring my family!!!!
Kiki

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Aug 16, 2013
Ben Cole is a good guy, he has a good heart.. He has just had a hard time.. Ppl need to stop being bitches and worry about their own skeletons in their closets....
Warrior

Johnson City, TN

#9 Aug 16, 2013
on route wrote:
I live on broad st extension and happened to be outside to let my dog out right when ben was flying past my house......and flying is an extreme understatement. I completely agree that driving under the influence is unacceptable but entirely too many lives were put in extreme danger during the course of the pursuit for example everyone inside any house or building he passed, all officers, and his own......which judging by his actions he could care less about his own life. I just think that the whole situation could have been handled a lot more safely, but thank goodness no one was seriously injured or killed. its events like this that cause me to worry myself sick about the possibility of a car coming thru my house and even worse.....injuring my family!!!!
How could it have been handled differently. The officers are required and have a duty to act when they observe a impaired motorist. If they had ended the pursuit without apprehension and discontinued all liability is placed on the officer or supervisor that called off the pursuit. If the suspect had killed someone after the pursuit was ended the officers would be held liable. I understand that they also could he held liable if a tragedy occurred during the pursuit but the officers have some protection under the duty to act doctrine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sara Mount 36 min HppyVllyKing 1
STARNES: Tennessee school's Nation of Islam han... 1 hr Atomic 64
Victory Celebration General Session Judge (May '14) 5 hr Curious 21
happy valley football 6 hr brown britches 117
The truth hurts 10 hr Comupkins 3
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word**** (May '10) 15 hr Analog man 2,218
Good Painters (Jun '11) 19 hr lil tony 7
Elizabethton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elizabethton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elizabethton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elizabethton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:21 am PST

ESPN11:21AM
Rivera 'confident' Newton will start Sunday
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
ESPN 9:39 AM
Setback-free Newton to start against Browns
NFL11:45 AM
Panthers' Cam Newton named starter vs. Browns