What happened immanuel babtist church?

What happened immanuel babtist church?

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

gardener

Ringgold, GA

#1 Sep 9, 2010
What happened to the preacher there at this church. My husband and I recently visited there and he was gone and he was so good.
Cyclone Man 2010

Waterloo, Canada

#2 Sep 9, 2010
I heard that he was tired of all the petty things going on there. I had heard that a sermon he gave before he left was about how childish a lot of people there was. They will never be able to keep a good pastor there for any length of time. They want a puppet instead of a good pastor that will preach and teach God's word!
Earll Wiggins

Johnson City, TN

#3 Sep 9, 2010
gardener wrote:
What happened to the preacher there at this church. My husband and I recently visited there and he was gone and he was so good.
Try First Baptist. I understand they have a wonderful Pastor
God hates gossip

Jonesborough, TN

#4 Sep 24, 2010
Cyclone Man does not know what he is talking about.We all need to pray for him for spreading gossip.
Cyclone Man 2010

Waterloo, Canada

#5 Sep 24, 2010
God hates gossip wrote:
Cyclone Man does not know what he is talking about.We all need to pray for him for spreading gossip.
. Did he or did he not give that sermon? I heard the same story from to many different people that was there.
God hates gossip

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Sep 30, 2010
I was there and he did not say anything about about anyone being childish.He only had praise for the Church and its members. Still praying for you cyclone man.
brittany

Johnson City, TN

#7 Nov 22, 2010
i used to go to IBC, and i didnt like it i always felt like i was an outcast and im pretty sure ur not posta feel like that at a CHURCH! i felt like everyone around me flaunted thei money and if u didnt have money you where "in", i couldnt stand Bryan hes the MAIN reason i left, sorry but its true! that church has been through MANY pastors, i know i was there. Ron was my FAV, i miss here Dearly but im glad God sent him somwhere else thats more of a :church: and not like highschool cliques!:) i mosed to another church and i LOVE IT! noone there gets judged and everyone loves everyone the same!
Great Woman in CC

Johnson City, TN

#8 Nov 25, 2010
brittany wrote:
i used to go to IBC, and i didnt like it i always felt like i was an outcast and im pretty sure ur not posta feel like that at a CHURCH! i felt like everyone around me flaunted thei money and if u didnt have money you where "in", i couldnt stand Bryan hes the MAIN reason i left, sorry but its true! that church has been through MANY pastors, i know i was there. Ron was my FAV, i miss here Dearly but im glad God sent him somwhere else thats more of a :church: and not like highschool cliques!:) i mosed to another church and i LOVE IT! noone there gets judged and everyone loves everyone the same!
Where did you go and who is the preacher?
Lara

Kingsport, TN

#9 Dec 20, 2011
gardener wrote:
He left because the Minister of Music run 85 people off, including the organist, pianist, himself & a couple of deacons. Only then did the deacons, who were left, fire the Minister of Music. They had an interim pastor for a year, and then voted in a pastor who is perpetuating the downhill slide. He was elected in a public forum, not a secret ballot as it should have been. Many, many of the members do not like him but went along with the vote for fear of being ostracized. He is controversial and has no respect for the church, as he dresses like a farm worker. Most people are of the mind that you do your best on Sunday. They apparently let an incompetent be in charge of the Pastor Search Committee. I heard when the chairman of the committee was telling about the selection, he was acting so thrilled that people thought he was going to have an orgasm. According to several church members another deacon has resigned, and other members are leaving or just not attending. A once thriving church, under the leadership of Tim Tapp, is now down to 80 people on Sunday!
John

Roy, WA

#10 Dec 21, 2011
Is Tapp the minister now?
Lara

Kingsport, TN

#11 Dec 22, 2011
John wrote:
Is Tapp the minister now?
Tim Tapp has been gone from Immanuel for over a year now. He is at Sugar Grove, in Butler.
hunter

Johnson City, TN

#12 Dec 25, 2011
go to church for the right reasons and quit being babies if your not happy move on
are you serious

Nashville, TN

#13 Dec 25, 2011
what about the affairs and broken marriages?
w0ww

Johnson City, TN

#14 Dec 26, 2011
hunter wrote:
go to church for the right reasons and quit being babies if your not happy move on
Hunter, you must have Immanual confused with HFBC. Thats what they tell everyone "If you don't like it leave" and about 2/3 of the church has, many more will.
Plain Truth

Kingsport, TN

#15 Dec 28, 2011
are you serious wrote:
what about the affairs and broken marriages?
That couple has a new baby, three families for him now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best vet in Elizabethton? (Jul '14) 36 min Janet 29
Valley Forge Church FWB 40 min Janet 7
Get Gary Johnson and Jill Stein in the debates! 1 hr awful waffle 5
beware new car wash at Wal-Mart 14 hr Jenett 2
New carwash 14 hr Jenett 2
Tweetsie Trail at Walmart intersection too dark Wed Also known as bli... 10
"carter county republicans?" (Jun '11) Wed Long_hair_dont_care 15

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance