Mcleod Cancer & Blood Center
Bitch and I dont care

Nashville, TN

#61 Oct 11, 2012
My step father was a patient at McLeod Cancer and Blood center, and they only suspected him to live for six months. He was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer, and Doctor Lamb was his doctor. Doctor Lamb keep my step father alive for more then two years, when two other doctors told him he would live less then six months. The chemo nurses and entire staff took amazing care of my step father and made us feel like family. I would not of picked any other care then from this office. People in this town blow things way out of proportion without knowing the complete facts about the situation. This office gave me more time to spend with my step father and I will forever be greatful and in debt to them. Their is not many caring people left in this world and I stil go to McLeod to visit and show my thanks to them. The staff there still treat me like family and open me with open arms. Some of you people are just pieces of shit that are trying to get money from them because you heard shit on the news. Get a life people and start thinking god for the time he blessed you with your loved ones. God has a plan for everyone and takes his children home when he believes they are ready.
Tim T

Johnson City, TN

#63 Oct 11, 2012
I recieved a letter from Dr. Famoyin today saying they will contact me about my appointment. I tried to call his office but got their answering machine and they never returned my call.
I heard today about McLeod closing the Dr. Lamb will reopen it under new management and name. This tells me Dr. Lamb was probably not involved in the illegal activity.
I pray for the health of all that have been treated there, especially those that took the drugs named in the FDA report.
950PennAve

Hollywood, FL

#64 Oct 11, 2012
Bitch and I dont care wrote:
People in this town blow things way out of proportion without knowing the complete facts about the situation.
The only blowhard I've seen so far is you. How is it that the step daughter of a cancer patient knows all facts and everyone else is wrong? Did someone look you straight in the eye and with a gruff unwavering voice say that there was absolutely no wrongdoing? Sounds like a credible source.
Bitch and I dont care

Nashville, TN

#65 Oct 12, 2012
950PennAve wrote:
<quoted text>
The only blowhard I've seen so far is you. How is it that the step daughter of a cancer patient knows all facts and everyone else is wrong? Did someone look you straight in the eye and with a gruff unwavering voice say that there was absolutely no wrongdoing? Sounds like a credible source.
I have done my research on the topic, and did someone look you in the eye and say that there was wrongdoing? Ya, I didnt think so. I know the people of McLeod, and I trust them with the running buisness. I know with all my heart Dr. Lamb would never do anything to hurt his patients. No proof has been brought forward that the drugs were tampered with. It's just the media getting their hands on a story and trying to make things look worse than they are. Like I said people in this town are redneck dumb asses obviously like "you" that don't know the whole story. Do some research honey and get the actual facts, not what wjhl pulls out of their ass.

Since: Oct 12

Jonesborough, TN

#66 Oct 12, 2012
This particular redneck has done research as well and here is a link that outlines what happened and who was involved.
http://www.justice.gov/usao/tne/news/2012/Sep...
It appears that profit outweighed the judgment of doctors who were sworn to do no harm - doctors who knew that all drugs and drug products have to be approved by the FDA for use in this country.
It is possible that the counterfeit version of one of the products, Avasatin, actually contained NONE of the active ingredient; patients who received the counterfeit version might as well been given water. Here's a link for this information:
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm291960...
There's more facts and data available on the FDA's website. These are neither rumors nor cases of pulling information from anuses.
No one is denying that patients treated at McLeod have not been treated kindly or that over the years a lot of good has been done. It is true that McLeod profited from buying cheaper misbranded drugs and charging patients through private and government insurance programs for approved drugs.
Would you want you or your loved ones to have received the misbranded drugs rather than the ones you thought were being given and that were being paid for?
There were medication
lost loved one

Johnson City, TN

#67 Oct 12, 2012
where do i get the list of unapproved drugs that was purchased and used by these drs?
Tim T

Johnson City, TN

#68 Oct 13, 2012
lost loved one wrote:
where do i get the list of unapproved drugs that was purchased and used by these drs?
I searched google for MVP
"McLeod unapproved drugs" and found this list.

The misbranded drugs were purchased by McLeod Cancer and Blood Center in Johnson City between September 2007 and early 2008 and August 2009 until February 2012. Those medications were identified by federal prosecutors as Abraxane, Alimta, Avastin, Eloxatin, Gemzar, Herceptin, Rituxan/Mabthera, Taxotere and Zometa.

I hope this helps.
Prostate

Hollywood, FL

#69 Oct 13, 2012
Sorry biatch lady but i'm going to choose to believe the redneck with his federal government documents rather than the trust in your heart. I don't have all the facts, but the one I do know is that tony tredway is probably going to choose future clients more carefully. I doubt wjhl gives them bad coverage just because he stopped working there an they like to make stuff up.
JDD

United States

#70 Oct 15, 2012
Perhaps those who still believe in Dr. Lamb should read the Michael Combs Plea Agreement(available on the internet). Page 5 "A decision was made by Drs. Kincaid, Lamb and Famoyin to have Combs begin ordering drugs from QSP, and QSP began shipping misbranded unapproved drugs to McLeod Cancer."
Later on Page 5 " After the nurses rasied their concerns to Drs. Kincaid, Lamb and Famoygin and with Combs, the decision was made to stop ordering drugs from QSP."
This indicates all 3 doctors knew in full detail what was happening beginning in 2007.
Tim T

Johnson City, TN

#71 Oct 16, 2012
JDD wrote:
Perhaps those who still believe in Dr. Lamb should read the Michael Combs Plea Agreement(available on the internet). Page 5 "A decision was made by Drs. Kincaid, Lamb and Famoyin to have Combs begin ordering drugs from QSP, and QSP began shipping misbranded unapproved drugs to McLeod Cancer."
Later on Page 5 " After the nurses rasied their concerns to Drs. Kincaid, Lamb and Famoygin and with Combs, the decision was made to stop ordering drugs from QSP."
This indicates all 3 doctors knew in full detail what was happening beginning in 2007.
You are assuming that they knew in 2007 that the drugs they purchased and delivered to McLeod were mislabeled. According the plea the Nurses brought that fact to their attention and All the doctors decided to stop buying from QSP in 2008. You left out the part that in 2009 Kincaid was contacted by a QSP representative and then Kincaid, Combs and an unnamed third party met with a QSP represenative and then Kincaid told Combs to start purchasing from QSP/Montana Health and to have it shipped to Kincaid's storage facility and for Combs to go get the drugs as needed to hide them from the nurses. In the plea agreement there was no mention of anyone other than Kincaid and Combs were involved in the purchase or use of any of the drugs bought from QSP/Montana Health from 2009 to 2012.
It looks to me back in 2008 when they discovered the drugs were mislabeled they did the right thing and stopped purchasing them from QSP. It also looks like Kincaid took it upon himself to start buying drugs again from them in 2009. Also was he trying to hide those drugs not only from the Nurses but the other doctors? Please feel free to read it again and see if I am reading it wrong.
o my

Johnson City, TN

#72 Oct 16, 2012
I was treated by Dr. Famoyin and thank the Good Lord I am still in remission. He is a very intelligent, determined Doctor. As long as he is in this area I will continue to allow him to treat me, if not for him and his committment I would probably not be here today.
Be-bothered

Jonesborough, TN

#73 Oct 16, 2012
I agree with Tim T's analysis of the situation. I would add that the FDA did not notify the healthcare providers that the counterfeit Avastin may not have included the active ingredient until February 2012 so it possible that Kincaid did not know of that particular issue until this year.

It does not bode well for Kincaid that he had the drugs delivered to a storage facility that he owned instead of directly to the clinic. Some might interpret that as he knew that he was using unapproved drugs and/or drugs that were not stored under proper conditions to assure their efficacy.

If the amount of the mislabeled unapproved drugs only represented 3% of the clinic's total purchases and they paid two million dollars for them and charged two and a half million, that's a half million dollars profit in a relatively short time period. The question occurs to me that if 3% of their inventory was worth two and a half million dollars, how many millions of dollars were made on the remaining 97% of drugs. My math may be faulty, but if they were paying for the other drugs at the same rate, that is sixty seven million dollars worth of drugs. It's actually more since the legitimate drugs cost more than QSP's unapproved drugs. Assuming it's only 67 million, it still means a tidy profit for the healthcare providers.
JDD

United States

#74 Oct 18, 2012
Guess we will learn the true extent of each doctor's involvement when the Medicare and Tenncare fraud charges are placed. My money says all 3 doctors knew full well the drugs were non-FDA Approved and illegal to prescribe.
WoollyEyes

United States

#75 Oct 28, 2012
We finally moved my dad across the street last week. First impression is that they know what they are doing and can back it up with science. Hate to think we may have wasted or lost time. Will keep you posted.
JDD

United States

#76 Nov 1, 2012
Tim T wrote:
<quoted text>
You are assuming that they knew in 2007 that the drugs they purchased and delivered to McLeod were mislabeled. According the plea the Nurses brought that fact to their attention and All the doctors decided to stop buying from QSP in 2008. You left out the part that in 2009 Kincaid was contacted by a QSP representative and then Kincaid, Combs and an unnamed third party met with a QSP represenative and then Kincaid told Combs to start purchasing from QSP/Montana Health and to have it shipped to Kincaid's storage facility and for Combs to go get the drugs as needed to hide them from the nurses. In the plea agreement there was no mention of anyone other than Kincaid and Combs were involved in the purchase or use of any of the drugs bought from QSP/Montana Health from 2009 to 2012.
It looks to me back in 2008 when they discovered the drugs were mislabeled they did the right thing and stopped purchasing them from QSP. It also looks like Kincaid took it upon himself to start buying drugs again from them in 2009. Also was he trying to hide those drugs not only from the Nurses but the other doctors? Please feel free to read it again and see if I am reading it wrong.
Yes...I read it again and based on the plea agreement and my discussion with one of the doctors involve you are wrong.

I read it again and based on the plea agreement and my discussion with one of the doctors involved you are wrong
Amy

Norton, VA

#77 Nov 13, 2012
News Channel 11 reported this morning that the center has closed. See:
http://www2.wjhl.com/news/2012/nov/13/mccleod...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#78 Nov 13, 2012
Anybody know Famoyin number?
Tim T

Johnson City, TN

#79 Nov 13, 2012
I'll be the first to admit when I am wrong. I sat down with Dr. Lamb two weeks ago and he assured me that he was not involved and would be exonerated. Although no charges have been brought forth against him, my faith has been shaken. I have called and requested my records and then I will be looking for a new oncologist. My insurance will not pay for the Medical center cancer center I may end up going to Kingsort or Bristol.
All patients that have been treated at the center should seek another doctor to verify their health status.
TruthSeeker

Johnson City, TN

#80 Nov 13, 2012
Conveniently omitted from the WCYB story is the fact that the loyal employees who stuck with Mcleod after the FDA search and Michael Combs' federal plea were also told Monday -- without any notice whatsoever -- that they would not be paid for the last two weeks they had ALREADY worked. It is a shame that WCYB evidently relied on the statement of an unidentified "official" who blames Mcleod's closing on the banks, rather than the physicians whose apparently criminal actions and complete mismanagement of the practice created the very situation which obviously gave the banks sufficient reason to refuse to loan them more money. WCYB and its viewers should also know that the unidentified "official" with whom WCYB spoke was a 20-year old employee with no medical or business education, who conveniently happens to be the daughter of Dr. Lamb's financee. So one can make their own judgment about whether the "official's" statements to WCYB were uninformed and/or biased. Bottom line is that it is time for the physicians to man-up and dig into their deep doctor pockets and pay the 30 or so employees who got the shaft yesterday the money they are owed. The physicians have more than sufficient personal assets to cover a two-week payroll. For once, perhaps the physicians will do the right thing instead of protecting their own greedy interests.
Patient

Johnson City, TN

#81 Nov 13, 2012
Did both offices close? I went to the one on Wesley St

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raise in the Elizabethton Water 57 min big d monty 16
Poll should funding for rescue sqaud be stopped (Sep '11) 7 hr Elmer Gantry 8
Car Store of Elizabethton my rating: F 9 hr jeb 7
Any docs in Eliz taking new patients? 9 hr jeb 3
Constitutional Amendment to stop homosexual mar... 10 hr jeb 45
911 bonus Fri Looking up 4
Lori Turner (Aug '11) Thu Concerned Parent 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethton Mortgages