Where is Justice in our area?

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sam

Gatlinburg, TN

#1 Mar 29, 2013
it appears to me that District Attorney Anthony Clark only cares about making a name for himself and getting a conviction.What about Justice,truth,up holding the Constitution? I read with awe the article in today's Johnson City Press about the Dale Larkin murder case when Clark said what a victory that he was allowed by the trial Judge to use a obvious bias prejudiced witness. This reminds me of nazi government. The people better wake up and look at what a mess Clark has our Judicial system in. The District Attorney is suppose to represent the people and be a person of truth,justice,un biased yet we have a man that is all about convict them it doesn't matter they are innocent. His track record speaks for itself. I read the Honorable Judge
Cupp statement it was obviou from reading what he said to the Jury after the conviction that he knew a wrong had been done by our District Attorney and the Judge should be commended for his honesty.It would be a good thing if Clark would resign so that someone competent could take over as District Attorney.
Justice u say

Greer, SC

#2 Mar 29, 2013
Sam wrote:
it appears to me that District Attorney Anthony Clark only cares about making a name for himself and getting a conviction.What about Justice,truth,up holding the Constitution? I read with awe the article in today's Johnson City Press about the Dale Larkin murder case when Clark said what a victory that he was allowed by the trial Judge to use a obvious bias prejudiced witness. This reminds me of nazi government. The people better wake up and look at what a mess Clark has our Judicial system in. The District Attorney is suppose to represent the people and be a person of truth,justice,un biased yet we have a man that is all about convict them it doesn't matter they are innocent. His track record speaks for itself. I read the Honorable Judge
Cupp statement it was obviou from reading what he said to the Jury after the conviction that he knew a wrong had been done by our District Attorney and the Judge should be commended for his honesty.It would be a good thing if Clark would resign so that someone competent could take over as District Attorney.
Clark isn't the first D A to put an innocent man in prison...just so his conviction sheet looks good in Nashville .
HAHAHA

Indian Trail, NC

#3 Mar 29, 2013
Justice in this town??? Dont have any children and expect them to make the other parent pay child support if they have a job that pays cash UNLESS they can get it from a hard working man who gets a paycheck. All they care about is how they can get their cut...there is no justice in this town! Thats why theres sex offenders living in this town, children doing without due to deadbeat parents who run off, people who are busted for meth labs but somehow end right back out on the streets. Guess its more money for the DA if they get busted over and over...who knows. Its a crooked a** town and its only getting worse.
My opinion 2

Summerville, GA

#4 Mar 29, 2013
IN THE COURT OF CRIMINAL APPEALS OF TENNESSEE AT KNOXVILLE
August 21, 2012 Session
STATE OF TENNESSEE v. DALE KEITH LARKIN
Appeal from the Criminal Court of Washington County No. 35150 Robert E. Cupp, Judge
No. E2011-01288-CCA-R3-CD - Filed March 28, 2013
Dale Keith Larkin (ďthe DefendantĒ) was convicted by a jury of first degree premeditated murder and one count of insurance fraud. The trial court sentenced the Defendant to life imprisonment for the murder conviction and to a concurrent term of eight years for the fraud conviction. In this direct appeal, the Defendant raises the following issues:(1) the trial court erred in refusing to sequester the jury; (2) the trial court erred in allowing the Defendantís expert witness to testify for the State; (3) the trial court erred in admitting autopsy photographs and some of the victimís bones into evidence (4) the trial court improperly limited the Defendantís right to cross-examine a Stateís witness; (5) the prosecutor engaged in misconduct during closing argument; (6) the evidence is not sufficient to support his convictions; (7) the trial court failed to discharge its duty as thirteenth juror; and (8) the cumulative effect of these errors violated the Defendantís rights to a fair trial. Upon our thorough review of the record, we have determined that (1) the trial court failed to satisfy its mandatory duty to act as thirteenth juror; (2) the trial court committed reversible error in allowing the Defendantís expert witness to testify for the State; (3) the State failed to adduce sufficient proof to support the Defendantís conviction of first degree premeditated murder; and (4) the State failed to adduce sufficient proof to support the Defendantís conviction of insurance fraud. Therefore, we must reverse the Defendantís convictions and remand this matter for a new trial on the charge of second degree murder and any appropriate lesser- included offenses. The charge of insurance fraud is dismissed
wrong

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Mar 29, 2013
My opinion 2 wrote:
IN THE COURT OF CRIMINAL APPEALS OF TENNESSEE AT KNOXVILLE
August 21, 2012 Session
STATE OF TENNESSEE v. DALE KEITH LARKIN
Appeal from the Criminal Court of Washington County No. 35150 Robert E. Cupp, Judge
No. E2011-01288-CCA-R3-CD - Filed March 28, 2013
Dale Keith Larkin (ďthe DefendantĒ) was convicted by a jury of first degree premeditated murder and one count of insurance fraud. The trial court sentenced the Defendant to life imprisonment for the murder conviction and to a concurrent term of eight years for the fraud conviction. In this direct appeal, the Defendant raises the following issues:(1) the trial court erred in refusing to sequester the jury; (2) the trial court erred in allowing the Defendantís expert witness to testify for the State; (3) the trial court erred in admitting autopsy photographs and some of the victimís bones into evidence (4) the trial court improperly limited the Defendantís right to cross-examine a Stateís witness; (5) the prosecutor engaged in misconduct during closing argument; (6) the evidence is not sufficient to support his convictions; (7) the trial court failed to discharge its duty as thirteenth juror; and (8) the cumulative effect of these errors violated the Defendantís rights to a fair trial. Upon our thorough review of the record, we have determined that (1) the trial court failed to satisfy its mandatory duty to act as thirteenth juror; (2) the trial court committed reversible error in allowing the Defendantís expert witness to testify for the State; (3) the State failed to adduce sufficient proof to support the Defendantís conviction of first degree premeditated murder; and (4) the State failed to adduce sufficient proof to support the Defendantís conviction of insurance fraud. Therefore, we must reverse the Defendantís convictions and remand this matter for a new trial on the charge of second degree murder and any appropriate lesser- included offenses. The charge of insurance fraud is dismissed
There appears to be much more misconduct on the part of the judge for allowing these infractions to happen.
Sam

Gatlinburg, TN

#6 Mar 29, 2013
The District Attorney wanted a conviction at all costs and it came back to them. The Judge did agree to requests the State made and shouldn't have. This along with Anthony Clark's prosecution of other innocent people show he is un fit for service. Look at our planning director being charged and then dismissed. Look at how he is now prosecuting three of our Constables on charges that amount to nothing. Carter County is spending thousands of dollars to satisfy his ego that is bigger than him and he probably weighs at least 400 plus pounds. It would be nice to see the amount of cases he allows law enforcement to prosecute that end up being dismissed. In my opinion Clark went after Larkin due to his connections to a powerfull local politician that Clark does not like.
Sam

Gatlinburg, TN

#7 Mar 30, 2013
I understand that Anthony Clark may not be a candidate for re-election he must see the writing on the wall. Anyone but Clark is what I hear all over Carter County. Local Attorney Jerome Cochran will defeat him two to one in Carter County,and Zi hear Johnson County will be the same. I don't know about Washington County but with the way this Dale Larkin murder conviction was over turned does not fair well, and Unicoi County which is his home county the mess he has gotten into with Former Sheriff Harris is not making him look all that well. If he is smart he will not run and hope he can get a job as a public defender or court appointed attorney because nobody would hire him.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#8 Mar 30, 2013
The defendant is found guilty (unless he ransoms himself to the powerful elite with a bribe).

And this is done long before any case goes into court. It is done in secret meetings, behind closed doors, and in the dark halls of dark power (not the court house, but another building).

Often before the crime is even committed.

The drama we see acted out in the courtroom is all just a hand puppet show for the gullible to see.
Naquisha

Jonesborough, TN

#9 Mar 30, 2013
Hillbillyboy wrote:
The defendant is found guilty (unless he ransoms himself to the powerful elite with a bribe).
And this is done long before any case goes into court. It is done in secret meetings, behind closed doors, and in the dark halls of dark power (not the court house, but another building).
The drama we see acted out in the courtroom is all just a hand puppet show for the gullible to see.
Before the crime is committed?? You sound more bonkers with every post on here
Hillbillyboy

United States

#10 Mar 30, 2013
Naquisha wrote:
<quoted text>
Before the crime is committed?? You sound more bonkers with every post on here
How so bonkers?

Havent you ever suspected a "set up" has been done at times?

Maybe you dont believe in set ups?

If you get some age on you, then one day you will probably look back on some things you have seen in life, and wonder if not there was a set up done.
Justice

Johnson City, TN

#11 Mar 31, 2013
What we need is real Justice not political prosecutions. Clark must go.
Wow

Kingsport, TN

#12 Mar 31, 2013
Hillbillyboy wrote:
You got that shit right. But I'm gonna say this. There are a few good lawyers. About 20% or so..... The rest, absolute scum
Wow

Kingsport, TN

#13 Mar 31, 2013
Sam wrote:
I want to take a moment to thank you for having a concern for justice. It says a lot about you. It is written that it would be better that a thousand guilty men go free, then for one innocent man go to prison,

Just since DNA testing came out, countless (hundreds) of men condemned to death on death row have been TOTALLY exonerated thru DNA. Would you believe that many are still there because they have TO FIGHT to get the DNA testing done.

I'm gonna say this once to you with all of the earnestness at my command. I am a free man, law abiding and I harm no one. I get a little political sometimes, but that's about it. If ANYONE ever puts me behind bars for ANY amount of time, they had better NEVER release me.

I live in bristol. 20 years ago my uncle was arrested because this crazy woman who had a grudge told the police that my uncle tried roundness her eleven year old son. They released him without bond because he was nearly on his deathbed and he went to a nursing home. The boy loved my uncle and hated his mother. Get the picture?

They assigned a free lawyer, he NEVER even spoke to the lawyer until he came to the nursing home the day before the trial and told him that he had it ALL WORKED OUT, just to plead guilty and they would bring him back to the nursing home. It was a setup. It was a woman DA and a woman Judge. And a male lawyer.

My uncle pled guilty as instructed and she gave him SEVEN YEARS IN PRISON FOR TRYING TO LIFT THE YOUNG MANS SHIRT ABOVE HIS HEAD OF WHICH HE NEVER DENIED. My uncle died in prison after 7 months.

I have located the 29 year old and I have a video-taped testimony that my uncle was never anything but good to him. That my uncle was the best person he had ever known in his life. To this day, he still hates his mother.

Our family (large and extended, not wealthy but were doing OK) has not yet decided how to proceed. But the judge and the DA got a notch in their belt for putting away an innocent man to die in prison.

As one who is interested in fairness and justice ....what do you think would be fair?????
Naquisha

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Apr 1, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that shit right. But I'm gonna say this. There are a few good lawyers. About 20% or so..... The rest, absolute scum
Im not sure I would even go 20%..lol

“Livin the Dream!!!”

Since: Feb 13

Elizabethton

#15 Apr 3, 2013
This is not a new problem. This town has long been plagued with corruption and a shrine to the "good ol boy system". This town doesn't care who's right or wrong, its all about the money and or perception. I am glad that people are beginning to wake up to this problem but sorry that its taking such severe issues to do so. This will never change until we stop putting the same ol people in charge and I'm referring to every position from the floor up. This may not seem like a big deal to most, until you are at the receiving end of the Carter County Justice System.
say again

Greer, SC

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to take a moment to thank you for having a concern for justice. It says a lot about you. It is written that it would be better that a thousand guilty men go free, then for one innocent man go to prison,
Just since DNA testing came out, countless (hundreds) of men condemned to death on death row have been TOTALLY exonerated thru DNA. Would you believe that many are still there because they have TO FIGHT to get the DNA testing done.
I'm gonna say this once to you with all of the earnestness at my command. I am a free man, law abiding and I harm no one. I get a little political sometimes, but that's about it. If ANYONE ever puts me behind bars for ANY amount of time, they had better NEVER release me.
I live in bristol. 20 years ago my uncle was arrested because this crazy woman who had a grudge told the police that my uncle tried roundness her eleven year old son. They released him without bond because he was nearly on his deathbed and he went to a nursing home. The boy loved my uncle and hated his mother. Get the picture?
They assigned a free lawyer, he NEVER even spoke to the lawyer until he came to the nursing home the day before the trial and told him that he had it ALL WORKED OUT, just to plead guilty and they would bring him back to the nursing home. It was a setup. It was a woman DA and a woman Judge. And a male lawyer.
My uncle pled guilty as instructed and she gave him SEVEN YEARS IN PRISON FOR TRYING TO LIFT THE YOUNG MANS SHIRT ABOVE HIS HEAD OF WHICH HE NEVER DENIED. My uncle died in prison after 7 months.
I have located the 29 year old and I have a video-taped testimony that my uncle was never anything but good to him. That my uncle was the best person he had ever known in his life. To this day, he still hates his mother.
Our family (large and extended, not wealthy but were doing OK) has not yet decided how to proceed. But the judge and the DA got a notch in their belt for putting away an innocent man to die in prison.
As one who is interested in fairness and justice ....what do you think would be fair?????
Did you read what you even wrote ? Why would anyone plea guilty a felon charge if they was innocent as YOU claim ? Makes no sense what so ever..
Lemonade

Brentwood, TN

#17 Apr 4, 2013
Thank you, the family of Kent Harris, for your political commentary in this thread.
orangejuice

Johnson City, TN

#18 Apr 4, 2013
well lemonade have you ever been charged with felony charges and were facing a district attorney who could care less about guilt or innocence, all he wanted was a conviction. so you have a liar who will testify against you and you have a prosecutor who will lie,cheat,fraud just to get you convicted. you are facing 25 years in prison if convicted but they offer you a one year sentence if you will pled guilty to a lesser felony charge. you put those shoes on and see what you would do. a jury who are told lies by witnesses and lies by a prosecutor can send an innocent man to prison.
orangejuice

Johnson City, TN

#19 Apr 4, 2013
It is a known fact that jurors believe the prosecutor and the state witness over the defense alot of people are like you lemonade they believe just because you have been charged with a crime that you are guilty. The state always has the upper hand in any trial. To get a jury to go against the state is not common.
unknown

Jonesborough, TN

#20 Apr 4, 2013
Justice?!?!?!?! What's that???? Never seen or heard justice REALLY being served in this area. Its all corrupt!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rescue Squad for sale? 1 hr just for info 7
my thread about RO's is gone 1 hr MrC 9
EHS Stadium 2 hr Interested 3
Long John Silvers 5 hr Wyatt earp 18
gurney burger (Oct '12) 5 hr Debbie 61
Another Snap-on Thread 9 hr forrest 4
UHS baseball coach 22 hr big red dog 8
More from around the web

Elizabethton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE