Carter County teacher arrested for .....

Carter County teacher arrested for .....

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Knew

Dalton, GA

#1 Apr 12, 2013
How about the Carter County teacher arrested for sending nude photos of himself to a 13 year old? Also over 1000 text messages as well?
Disgrace

Shelby, NC

#2 Apr 12, 2013
I can't believe this man would be so unprofessional and such a pedophile! The school system hires highly qualified and well educated men and women. How did this loser get hired???
love em animals

Johnson City, TN

#3 Apr 12, 2013
Knew wrote:
How about the Carter County teacher arrested for sending nude photos of himself to a 13 year old? Also over 1000 text messages as well?
Click on www.starhq.com/ and read the full story.
From the outside

Kingsport, TN

#5 Apr 12, 2013
omg...Hampton made the news again.....but remember ...it's NOT only the men at Hampton....a female teacher did WORSE and got a "slap on the wrist"
Its this

United States

#6 Apr 12, 2013
Well I think they need to get rid of all the ones running things at Hampton especially in that office because they have shown time and time again how they play favortism over other people including who they allow in and out of that school. Their attitude torward parents are the worst Ive ever seen. They set safety rules that dont even allow parents in but yet they have sick perverts as teachers being caught how many times???!!!!!! Hampton needs a new make over with new people with better back ground checks.
charlie

Jonesborough, TN

#7 Apr 12, 2013
I agree with most of the previous post. However, what exactly would a background check have shown that would've made the difference? He had not ever been arrested for this type of crime. Hate to break it to you, but an FBI background check wouldn't have found this. Its pitiful and makes me sick. Sadly, this goes on at a lot of schools, not just Hampton. We need to monitor our kids like that parent did. There is evil in the world and our children's responsibility rest on our shoulders. I don't see what the school did or didn't do wrong.(any school this has happened to)All I know to do is pray for all involved and for our children everyday.
Really

White Pine, TN

#8 Apr 12, 2013
From the outside wrote:
omg...Hampton made the news again.....but remember ...it's NOT only the men at Hampton....a female teacher did WORSE and got a "slap on the wrist"
I don't remember a female teacher at Hampton doing anything. Please inform us which one it was if its true. We as parents should know. Making general statements like that isn't fair to the many innocent female teachers.
Why

Johnson City, TN

#9 Apr 13, 2013
From the outside wrote:
Here goes the slander again...... This man was arrested, and when it happened before at Hampton that individual was arrested. You are just wanting to start gossip. Please feel free to do so though, times have changed some what on Topix, set yourself for a lawsuit.
childless

Lebanon, TN

#10 Apr 13, 2013
Things like this make it hard to even smile at a young person as you pass by .I love children and would never do anything to hurt them but when things like this happen it put parents as well as the young ones on guard as it should.Its hard to be friendly when you might be thought of as being a pervert.But let this person have their day in court.
hmmm

Abingdon, VA

#11 Apr 13, 2013
All the more reason to keep a close eye on what your kids are viewing on their phones, computers, etc and who they're talking to. Not blaming anyone (except the alleged offender) but this should have been caught a lot sooner than a month and 400 messages later.
Owner

Linville, NC

#12 Apr 13, 2013
Just saw a pic of this guy being led out in cuffs. I would have fired the guy long before this for his unprofessional appearance.
Why

United States

#13 Apr 13, 2013
How did this man get hired? He was hired over other teachers who were much better qualified. Same old, same old. It's not what you know it's who you know.
so clear

Kingsport, TN

#14 Apr 13, 2013
I know how he was hired, very simple......his father is a supervisor with the school system. Was the background check looked over....sure it was! I think every parent of girls at Hampton that has cell phones, within this age range, should check cell phones for any material from this sick idiot.
appearance

Sevierville, TN

#15 Apr 13, 2013
i try not to judge people on their appearance, but lookin at the pic of this man...how was he a teacher? i really hope his look does not represent the teachers of carter county! that is a shame! his appearance was extremly unprofessional, do they not have a certain dress code for teachers? including hair and tattoos? my child wound not have been in a classroom with a teacher that looks like him!
flabber

United States

#16 Apr 13, 2013
This person has made a huge mistake......not only has it hurt him but his family........the girl and her family ....and friends like myself..yes im his friend.You know I know that he knew better than this because I know a bit of his upbringing. This is the thing no one knows why a person does the things they do and like this its a terrible thing I wouldnt uphold my s on in it but if he did these things we just need to pray for all ivolved and remember hes human and the devil harasses humans.Praying for both sides .
GOD BLESS YOU
From the outside

Kingsport, TN

#17 Apr 13, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember a female teacher at Hampton doing anything. Please inform us which one it was if its true. We as parents should know. Making general statements like that isn't fair to the many innocent female teachers.

That was NOT a general statement. It is a FACT. The reason she was not arrested is because it was covered up. Parents DID write letters,(ones that actually witnessed the inappropriate behavior)...several teachers DID complain....but the folks "in power" decided to do NOTHING. The only way she was going to be publicly reprimanded was if the actual student would come forward. He was a ball player and was "encouraged" not to ruffle any feathers. The individuals that filed the complaints were also told basically to mind their own business. The Star did get a whiff of the complaints....and actually did run a few letters to the editor...but the rest was swept under the rug. There are GREAT teachers at Hampton, however it is the leadership that needs to be dealt with....those that ALLOW this type of behavior to occur and choose to look the other way.
Responsible

Johnson City, TN

#18 Apr 13, 2013
Then the blame falls on the parents.
So scary

White Pine, TN

#19 Apr 13, 2013
But you shouldn't have even made mention of a female employee doing wrong unless you were naming names. By doing so you cause suspicion to be placed on innocent female teachers as well
hot mommy

Lebanon, TN

#20 Apr 13, 2013
From the outside wrote:
<quoted text>
That was NOT a general statement. It is a FACT. The reason she was not arrested is because it was covered up. Parents DID write letters,(ones that actually witnessed the inappropriate behavior)...several teachers DID complain....but the folks "in power" decided to do NOTHING. The only way she was going to be publicly reprimanded was if the actual student would come forward. He was a ball player and was "encouraged" not to ruffle any feathers. The individuals that filed the complaints were also told basically to mind their own business. The Star did get a whiff of the complaints....and actually did run a few letters to the editor...but the rest was swept under the rug. There are GREAT teachers at Hampton, however it is the leadership that needs to be dealt with....those that ALLOW this type of behavior to occur and choose to look the other way.
I heard gossip too from others .Does this teacher teach at Valley Fordge now?
Highway2Hell

Boone, NC

#21 Apr 13, 2013
From the outside wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wasn't 11 connect watchdog Nate not informed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know a woman named Lindsey Hurley? 1 hr Gettinaround 2
Boyd the RINO. 3 hr GOP 2
PC Correct 8 hr PC correct 1
Ghost on Gap Creek Road??? (Oct '12) 18 hr MTN time 19
Whos Next in the Mayoral Running in carter county 19 hr GivePeaceAChance 33
No agreeing with the mayor. 20 hr Be berated 3
Cowgirls Grill (Sep '14) 21 hr Jenett 40

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance