Johnson City, TN

#6 Aug 27, 2013
they all fart
Cowman

Easley, SC

#7 Aug 27, 2013
Tell Me wrote:
<quoted text>He was the best ever
Yes he was, the man had to pull a wagon to carry his balls.
Tell Me

Johnson City, TN

#8 Aug 29, 2013
James Parrish will win.
copperheadhill

Huntsville, AL

#9 Aug 30, 2013
Better run someone not "owned" by the dope distributors in the county.....Parrish and Potter are good to start....get rid of the joke in there now...
WTF

Johnson City, TN

#10 Aug 30, 2013
Used to be a Mathes fan, but found out he is part of the Kent Williams fan club, so looking for a fresh start.
Just Saying

Johnson City, TN

#11 Sep 1, 2013
somebody farted and it stinks
voter

Johnson City, TN

#12 Sep 6, 2013
Is there any worthy and well qualified post certified officers willing to step forward and run?
Hoss

Johnson City, TN

#13 Sep 6, 2013
voter wrote:
Is there any worthy and well qualified post certified officers willing to step forward and run?
None of them county officers going to run against there Boss.
Smith

Johnson City, TN

#14 Sep 6, 2013
No state trooper has ever won the sheriffs seat in Carter County and I don't see it ever happening in this County but I could be wrong Dexter has give to many people tickets and they won't vote for someone like that just saying.I hope James Parrish runs for sheriff if he don't ill vote for the one we got.
elizabethton

Johnson City, TN

#15 Sep 6, 2013
I have known Dexter Lunceford for at least 20yrs. There is no one more qualified for this office. Not only as to enforcing the law; but also with business experience. I'm sure he has made some enemies by doing his job as a Tenn.Hwy.patrolman and other years in county and JC police dept. If he didn't, what kind of job would you expect him to do?????? If he does win , we'll see what a difference this kind of leadership brings to Carter County.
wondering

Johnson City, TN

#16 Sep 7, 2013
Mr. Mathes will start to be in the public eye more. It has already started with Mr. Von Cannon's comments at the meeting the other night. The good ole boys will close ranks and get him reelected. I think Dexter did his job. I don't believe anybody can say he ever treated them unfairly. And that is what we need. Someone who does their job regardless.
whatever

Manchester, TN

#17 Sep 7, 2013
Chris Mathes may not be a great man, and his morals are questionable, but he is the best Sheriff Carter County has ever had. He has the background and experience to do the job & do it well. Sure there are plenty in Carter County who don't like him - they are one's making meth & dealing drugs. Dexter isn't smart enough or experienced enough for the position. John Henson was good once upon a time, however, he know has a record for his own sex crimes and tthere for cannot legally run for the position.
CITY

Johnson City, TN

#18 Sep 7, 2013
OK, YOU SAY " CHRIS MATHES MAY NOT BE A GREAT MAN AND HIS MORALS ARE QUESTIONABLE." I SAY THAT DOESN'T DESCRIBE A HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY PERSON. ALSO THAT "DEXTER LUNCEFORD ISN'T SMART ENOUGH OR EXPERIENCED ENOUGH FOR THE SHERIFF POSITION. REALLY ,ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I GUESS HIS 3O YEARS IN LAW ENFORMENT ISN'T ENOUGH EXPERIENCE. GIVE ME A BREAK.
whatever

Manchester, TN

#19 Sep 8, 2013
It means who Matches chooses to have sex with on his own time has no effect on his ability to be a great sheriff and crack down on the drug lords of Carter County. His personal choices are just that, personal. During working hours is 100% professional and does an excellent job of running the Sheriff's Dept. As for Lunceford, working in an industry does not qualify one for manmanagement. He may have been an OK trooper, but all that means is he knows how to write speeding tickets and work wrecks. He doesn't have a clue about running a crime scene, murder investigations, meth lab busts, identity theft, shoplifting, armed robbery, domestic distubances or the hundreds of other tasks the Sheriff's department deals with on a daily basis. Sorry, but as I said before Dexter isn't smart enough for a management job - he needs to call it good with his speedint ticket quotas
listen up

Johnson City, TN

#20 Sep 8, 2013
i can not believe that anyone would think that a man that has devoted 30 yrs. of his career enforcing the law ; only knows how to write speeding tickets and working wrecks. Obviously you have no concept to what our men and women do ,who put their lives on the line everyday to protect you. i guess they just wear a protective vest for their confort. As someone said earlier " Dexter Lunceford is the best man for the job of Sheriff of Carter County.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word**** (May '10) 10 hr _Zoey_ 2,391
Beggar epidemic 12 hr welder 20
Vacuum Shop 13 hr Duck Truck 9
Kathy Slagle? (Feb '11) 14 hr I know 11
new downtown fancy crosswalks 17 hr joesmoe 1
chelsea maupin (Jul '14) Tue Bill lover boy cl... 11
Did john Walton ever get prosecuted for his dea... Mon WOW 5

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance