Deputies find large meth dump site

Jan 22, 2013 Full story: WCYB 45

On Sunday afternoon, Regina Harrison heard a commotion next door on Riverbottom Road in Elizabethton.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tjones

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jan 22, 2013
wondering how much of this stuff was throwed in the river 20 yards across the road for the last months before police got there !, people are destroying the land and the water,, cause the doe river runs all the way to johnson city !! plus it runs right to the covered bridge where kids wade in the summer time too,, i think that regulated drugs would be better than all these chemicals,,we know exactly where the drugs are and if people sign there name and its put into a computer we know who has them ,,and we can help people that needs help,, and it would cut down on thefts alot too.. i dont do drugs but i have kids and i worry everyday someone is going to give my kids some meth and this was 3 minutes from where i live !! with regulated drugs people can get on a computer and see if there neighbor is using drugs and then we know not to let our kids be around them,, it makes it much safer for people to know whats going on ,,than not to know anything !!it just smarter even if you dont agree with legal drugs ,,it best for our kids !!!
durrrrr

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Jan 22, 2013
tjones wrote:
wondering how much of this stuff was throwed in the river 20 yards across the road for the last months before police got there !, people are destroying the land and the water,, cause the doe river runs all the way to johnson city !! plus it runs right to the covered bridge where kids wade in the summer time too,, i think that regulated drugs would be better than all these chemicals,,we know exactly where the drugs are and if people sign there name and its put into a computer we know who has them ,,and we can help people that needs help,, and it would cut down on thefts alot too.. i dont do drugs but i have kids and i worry everyday someone is going to give my kids some meth and this was 3 minutes from where i live !! with regulated drugs people can get on a computer and see if there neighbor is using drugs and then we know not to let our kids be around them,, it makes it much safer for people to know whats going on ,,than not to know anything !!it just smarter even if you dont agree with legal drugs ,,it best for our kids !!!
I'm over in Valley Forge myself so this was close by. I think they really should start locking these people up for a good while. They know what they're doing is illegal and highly dangerous and toxic yet they continue to do it anyway. And that rotten ass excuse for a mother who had her child in the house needs to lose custody of him forever!
tjones

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jan 24, 2013
you can tell these people you are going to give them a 100 years and it want stop,,addiction is a disease just like alcoholism ,,but 10 times worse.. all they worry about is there meth and it want stop til we have a different approach,, we been locking people up for 40 years hasnt stopped nothing ,, except made worse drugs closer than the local store..i mean look at all the speed we sell in stores already and you can even get these speed pills at the weight loss center,, this is no better than drugs,, but its legal and as adults we are supposed to be responsible,, but at the same time if you ate a hand full of these speed pills they would kill you just like cocaine would if you done too much!!
tjones

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jan 24, 2013
only difference from cocaine and these speed pills and meth is that cocaine is made from a plant main ingredient is leaves from a plant,,meth is a bunch of chemicals and pills who knows what they put in them,, but they have nothing from plants !! what would rather see all these chemicals ruining the water and land and children or a regulated system for certain drugs that would put a stop to all this and save alot of money and time,, and know who has drugs,, this might even help people before they go to the extreme of mixing chemicals up and breaking in and stealing the stuff from your house !!
stressed r us

Kingsport, TN

#5 Jan 24, 2013
Valley Forge is becoming quiet rough, and it use to be such a pleasant area to live. Always loved the area, people, and it's beauty.

I didn't think of the river, but I'm sure they used it as a source. I remember, a year or so back, officers finding parts of mobile lab along the long hollow bridge near the river.

I understand how people can become addicted to certain things, although meth is just beyond reason.
Meth is a substance that puts in danger, not just the user, but the people that dwell beside the area it's made. This takes drug use to another level, so yes, I feel they should spend ample amounts of time in jail for meth.
When someone makes something, knowingly putting neighbors in danger of explosions, and breathing harmful chemicals, it's a whole different concept. Their not destroying themselves anymore, the public is put into harms way....that's scary.
As for making drugs legal on a computer base, can't see that happening. Pot is the only "drug" that should be looked at for legalization, because of the taxation, plus it would keep people away from the dealers that holds stronger more addictive drugs.
I'll never understand why anyone want's to destroy themselves with chemicals from meth. I understand addiction, but I'll never understand what can drag a person down such a dark path such as this.
Jail is for people that puts the safety of others at risk, and I can't find anything more dangerous than cooking chemicals that could cause such devastation. Take a drink, smoke a joint, just don't search for a high that can blow my families house off the foundation, because your searching for a better high. If that don't justify jail time, then what does.
Sad But True

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jan 24, 2013
tjones wrote:
only difference from cocaine and these speed pills and meth is that cocaine is made from a plant main ingredient is leaves from a plant,,meth is a bunch of chemicals and pills who knows what they put in them,, but they have nothing from plants !! what would rather see all these chemicals ruining the water and land and children or a regulated system for certain drugs that would put a stop to all this and save alot of money and time,, and know who has drugs,, this might even help people before they go to the extreme of mixing chemicals up and breaking in and stealing the stuff from your house !!
If people could just get to the point where they were not trying to escape life and just live it! They are greedy losers.
done wrong

Kingsport, TN

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Sad But True wrote:
<quoted text>
If people could just get to the point where they were not trying to escape life and just live it! They are greedy losers.
I agree It must be a sad life to have to stay high on drugs or drunk.What would be the point in living .
hate methheads

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Jan 24, 2013
tjones wrote:
you can tell these people you are going to give them a 100 years and it want stop,,addiction is a disease just like alcoholism ,,but 10 times worse.. all they worry about is there meth and it want stop til we have a different approach,, we been locking people up for 40 years hasnt stopped nothing ,, except made worse drugs closer than the local store..i mean look at all the speed we sell in stores already and you can even get these speed pills at the weight loss center,, this is no better than drugs,, but its legal and as adults we are supposed to be responsible,, but at the same time if you ate a hand full of these speed pills they would kill you just like cocaine would if you done too much!!
Well, give them 100 yrs then if that will lock them away from my family and other civilized people. Stimulate the economy by building more prisons that will provide employment for construction workers, correctional personnel, etc. These methheads are a drain on society anyway and their welfare checks will stop once they're in jail. And you can't really compare legal stimulants sold in stores to the toxicity of meth...its vastly different. Hell, if you drank too much water it would kill you so that's not a very good argument either.
tjones

Johnson City, TN

#9 Jan 24, 2013
Sad But True wrote:
<quoted text>
some people are not trying to escape life,, some people like to have a drink certain times of the year,, but that dont mean there trying to escape life,, some people just try stuff and dont realize how addictive it can be,, before its to late and when there behind closed doors and nobody knows what is going on,, and they cant get the help they need and it turns into something like this,,and we all suffer not just the people trying to escape from life !! people who do this deserve alot of time yeh,because they are destoying the land and water ,,and maybe your kids or mine could be next!! im just saying we keep doing the same thing and everybody is like yeh lock them up for years,, exactly,, but has it really helped anything,, i mean they just busted more people in a motel in johnson city yesterday again !! i guess this is why we spent 10 million on a jail ,, and still want be enough room at the rate we are going,,i know they will be never legal regulated drugs and im not talking about meth hell no,, but we will be the one to suffer not the people making this stuff,, they will be took care of in jail and we will pay for it !! but its not stopping our problem here,, we been doing this a long long time !! we have only made it worse !!!
tjones

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jan 24, 2013
does anyone know how to do math and knows who pays for these people to stay in jail,, i think its me and you and it costs 23,000 a year to keep someone in prison,, times that by 100 years,, and we are gonna pay for that and who is going to pay for the next 2 or 3 10 million dollar jails !! i know for sure what it costs,, cause i know a man that is the director of prisons in the area from here to nashville!! i wasnt comparing meth to anything,,and it shouldnt be legal,, cause its destoying the water and the land,,and i said the speed we sell in stores and what they give you at the weight loss place is no better than drugs,, if you do to much you will die just like real drugs,, and kids have been took to the hospital over monster energy drinks !
Highway2Hell

Banner Elk, NC

#11 Jan 24, 2013
How is it that two (2) of these arrested Sunday in Carter County was arrested in Avery County on Monday for the same (meth)?
stressed r us

Kingsport, TN

#12 Jan 24, 2013
tjones wrote:
does anyone know how to do math and knows who pays for these people to stay in jail,, i think its me and you and it costs 23,000 a year to keep someone in prison,, times that by 100 years,, and we are gonna pay for that and who is going to pay for the next 2 or 3 10 million dollar jails !! i know for sure what it costs,, cause i know a man that is the director of prisons in the area from here to nashville!! i wasnt comparing meth to anything,,and it shouldnt be legal,, cause its destoying the water and the land,,and i said the speed we sell in stores and what they give you at the weight loss place is no better than drugs,, if you do to much you will die just like real drugs,, and kids have been took to the hospital over monster energy drinks !
Nobody is saying they should spend 100 yrs in jail. I'm sure that was over stated. ALTHOUGH, it should be at least 4 to 8 yrs, not in CC jail but in a state prison. I've seen almost every name several times in the paper for previous charges, so it's not their first rodeo. That takes the concept out of putting peoples names into a computer system. If they could use something like meth, they could care less who reads their name on a computer. I knew of these people being on drugs from the media anyway.
Meth is a very serious and dangerous problem. Drinking monster drinks doesn't compare to exploding a entire neighborhood, or innocent people breathing dangerous chemicals.....come on. I have no idea about the water and land, but no excuses can be made for these individuals. Do we just send "pedro the meth head" to crossroads, that's a joke. I couldn't think of any drug that would justify serious jail time more than meth.
I understand the process of addiction, but meth is in a totally different field of problems, far beyond hurting only themselves.
What do you suggest we do? Myself, I think they need years to understand this buzz wasn't worth the risk. If stiffer laws were put against this drug only, then maybe it would detour a few lives.
It's a sad and scary situation, far beyond the drugs that's came before in previous generations.

tjones

Johnson City, TN

#13 Jan 25, 2013
stressed r us wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody is saying they should spend 100 yrs in jail. I'm sure that was over stated. ALTHOUGH, it should be at least 4 to 8 yrs, not in CC jail but in a state prison. I've seen almost every name several times in the paper for previous charges, so it's not their first rodeo. That takes the concept out of putting peoples names into a computer system. If they could use something like meth, they could care less who reads their name on a computer. I knew of these people being on drugs from the media anyway.
Meth is a very serious and dangerous problem. Drinking monster drinks doesn't compare to exploding a entire neighborhood, or innocent people breathing dangerous chemicals.....come on. I have no idea about the water and land, but no excuses can be made for these individuals. Do we just send "pedro the meth head" to crossroads, that's a joke. I couldn't think of any drug that would justify serious jail time more than meth.
I understand the process of addiction, but meth is in a totally different field of problems, far beyond hurting only themselves.
What do you suggest we do? Myself, I think they need years to understand this buzz wasn't worth the risk. If stiffer laws were put against this drug only, then maybe it would detour a few lives.
It's a sad and scary situation, far beyond the drugs that's came before in previous generations.
i was replying to what meth hater said, but im not saying they shouldnt get no time,, and they were lots that were let loose to bust other people and was making this stuff again,,but i wasnt comparing monsters to meth, all i was saying the speed you buy in stores can kill you and the speed the weight loss place gives you can kill you,, just like drugs, but we are supposed to be responsible adults,,WE HAVE BEEN DOING THE SAME THING FOR 40 YEARS IT DOESNT WORK,, WE HAD TO BUILD A 10 MILLION DOLLAR JAIL AND WE WILL HAVE TO BUILD MORE PRISONS AND THE TAXPAYERS PAY TO KEEP THESE PEOPLE LOCKED UP,, 23,000 A YEAR FOR EVERY PERSON,,WE FEED THEM AND PAY THERE RENT FOR THERE CELL,, EVEN THOUGH IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN A REGULATED SYSTEM FOR DRUGS ONLY MADE FROM PLANTS,, THAT WOULD BE OUT IN THE OPEN IN PUBLIC,,SO WE KNOW WHO HAS THE DRUGS,,AND CAN HELP PEOPLE TO GET OFF DRUGS,, AND KEEP KIDS SAFER !! THIS WOULD BE BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE ,,CAUSE IT HASNT GOT BETTER ONLY WORSE,, AND THEN WE CAN LOCK PEOPLE UP FOR YEARS THAT GIVE KIDS DRUGS,, HELL I SMOKED MARIJUANA AND TRYED OTHER DRUGS BEFORE I COULD BUY CIGARETTES ,, TODAY MY KID COMES HOME AND TELLS ME HOW KIDS ARE MESSED UP ON PILLS AND TRYING TO GET HER TO DO SNIFF THAT DUSTER STUFF FOR COMPUTERS,,IM ALOT LUCKIER THAN MOST PARENTS CAUSE MY DAUGHTER HAS SEEN WHAT DRUGS DO TO PEOPLE,, NOT FROM ME BUT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FAMILY,, SO SHE TALKS TO ME ABOUT STUFF LIKE THIS AND SHE DOESNT WANT TO END UP LIKE THESE PEOPLE,, BUT SOME OF YOU WANT BE SO LUCKY ,,YOU WILL HAVE A CHILD DOING THIS STUFF NOW BEHIND YOUR BACK OR THEY WILL END UP BEING OFFERED THIS CRAP AND THEY WILL TRY IT JUST BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW OR HAVENT SEEN THE OUTCOME OF WHAT THESE DRUGS DO !! THIS IS WHY A REGULATED SYSYEM JUST FOR CERTAIN DRUGS ONLY MADE FROM PLANTS COULD SAVE YOUR CHILD AND HELP THE METH PROBLEM, AND HELP PEOPLE BEFORE ITS TO LATE AND SAVE THE TAXPAYERS MONEY !!
Jail em

Johnson City, TN

#14 Jan 25, 2013
I don't care one bit what the cost is. Jail them, remove them from this county and society.
tjones

Johnson City, TN

#15 Jan 25, 2013
we been locking people up for 40 years and hasnt done nothing but cause worse things,, its not even drugs no more its chemicals,, 25 years ago they wasnt no meth here !!
really

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Jan 25, 2013
tjones wrote:
we been locking people up for 40 years and hasnt done nothing but cause worse things,, its not even drugs no more its chemicals,, 25 years ago they wasnt no meth here !!
They're not doing it right. Needs to be a 3-strikes law for methheads. Take their freedom and their property..sell their property to pay for their incarceration.
tjones

Johnson City, TN

#17 Jan 25, 2013
hahahaha what property,, most meth addicts and pill addicts which is the worse people out here dont have nothing,, thats why there out breaking in to peoples houses,, and stealing stuff.. but if they did own a house or a car they made meth or hauled chemicals in them,, so there not worth nothing,,you cant sell contaminated houses or cars !!
tjones

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jan 25, 2013
done wrong wrote:
<quoted text>I agree It must be a sad life to have to stay high on drugs or drunk.What would be the point in living .
addiction is a disease,,people dont do meth or pills for fun ,, they do it cause there addicted, just like some people get up and first thing grab a cigarette,, this is cause there addicted and its hard to stop,, but people are not going to come out and try to get any help for there addiction,, when they will go to jail for it,, so damned if they do ,,damned if they dont, myself i would rather see people get help and be someone instead of being locked up,, but sometimes i know they need a wake up call,, but for some people its there family or kid and they want to help them,, cause they see what they have turned into and they know how good of a person they was before there problem !!
really

Jonesborough, TN

#19 Jan 26, 2013
tjones wrote:
<quoted text>addiction is a disease,,people dont do meth or pills for fun ,, they do it cause there addicted, just like some people get up and first thing grab a cigarette,, this is cause there addicted and its hard to stop,, but people are not going to come out and try to get any help for there addiction,, when they will go to jail for it,, so damned if they do ,,damned if they dont, myself i would rather see people get help and be someone instead of being locked up,, but sometimes i know they need a wake up call,, but for some people its there family or kid and they want to help them,, cause they see what they have turned into and they know how good of a person they was before there problem !!
You said it yourself, if they will go to jail rather than get help for their addiction the only option is jail. Let them be incarcerated for a while, dry out and kick their addiction that way. Do we not already provide treatment centers at taxpayer expense for people who really want to get off drugs?
tjones

Johnson City, TN

#20 Jan 26, 2013
yes we do send people to drug rehab as a option,, and taxpayers pay for it just like being in jail,, people would never be for this but what i was trying to say was with drugs thats made from plants being legal,, not chemicals like meth,, if they was legal,, and had a public place to to buy them,, a regulated system and they show id,,there name goes into a computer data base,, so that its out in the open for all people to know who has the drugs,, just like sex offenders,, and when they go to buy them charge a extra fee for all people to go toward paying for rehab,,this would save taxpayers alot of money,, kids would be safer,, more than likely the meth problem would go away,,it does create more jobs for people,,im not for drugs ,, i have kids and i dont want someone offering my kids drugs,,especially meth!! i want my kids to be safe and with drugs being illegal they can buy them anywhere!!!even though people would say thats crazy cause then we are letting people buy drugs and they will be everywhere,, well 40 years ago they was here and most was closer than the store from your house,, and 40 years later in 2013 they are still here and drugs are closer than the store ,,so all the money that we spent on making drugs illegal has not worked,,no different with alcohol prohibition ,, it went the same way !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Radar in Roan Mountain 5 hr Cody Reed 44
boyfriend from school cheating on you 6 hr faith short 1
Common core and islam 7 hr Funny 18
craigslist is shut down (Jan '12) 8 hr shut down 20
What do you think off Tabbatha Markland? 9 hr neon_green 2
What's the deal? 13 hr cow town 3
Police: Woman tries to bite officer during DUI ... 13 hr Summy_00 1
Elizabethton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elizabethton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:11AM
Which Panthers Free Agents Will Return in 2015?
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl