Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

Word today is that Little Ed has struck again! Alexander reportedly has fired boys basketball coach Gordon, replacing him with Len Dugger. Supposedly Wilson is back in as the girls basketball coach. I don't know about the boys but if I am one of the Lady Cyclones I would be pissed. Walking away from the girls just as the season is beginning is sorry. But then again so is Alexander. Our school system is soooooo screwed up. Don't know what Gordon did wrong but the timing of this for both teams is unbelieveable!
Concerned Betsy Citizen

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

I agree. My daughter plays for the cyclones and words CANNOT express how upset she was when she came home from practice this afternoon. There has been NO explanation to the parents about why this has happened and where our girls are to go from here. It is TOTALLY unacceptable and I have NEVER heard of anything like this happening anywhere. I mean why did Dugger have to go to the boys? Not only that, but he took the whole Coaching Staff with him but one!!!!!!! Why could Wilson have not gone to the boys? We have some really good talent on the Girls team and they just flushed it down the toilet because this was the worst thing they could do to them when the season has already started. Our girls are really down in the dumps. Maybe it is because they are girls? Maybe they do not matter like the boys do? As parents we have ALOT invested in this program and we DESERVE a straight up no bull crap answer!!!!!
Lady Cyclone mama

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

I agree. WE as parents have a lot invested in this program and so do our girls. I hate it for both teams...now they have to get to know a new coach and a new coach has to get to know them and their abilities. Coach Wilson was a great coach when I was in school, and I'm sure he'll do fine, but why did both the boys and girls teams have to be affected? I'm sure politics is what got coach G fired, and I'm sure politics put coach dugger back with the boys. My daughter too cried all day - at school and after school. They are worried about what the future holds. Morale is down and the players and parents have lost confidence in the city school system athletics department.
Hampton Rules

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

Who gives a sh-t about that situation!
Hampton rules Eton anyways!
in the know

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

Concerned Betsy Citizen wrote:
I agree. My daughter plays for the cyclones and words CANNOT express how upset she was when she came home from practice this afternoon. There has been NO explanation to the parents about why this has happened and where our girls are to go from here. It is TOTALLY unacceptable and I have NEVER heard of anything like this happening anywhere. I mean why did Dugger have to go to the boys? Not only that, but he took the whole Coaching Staff with him but one!!!!!!! Why could Wilson have not gone to the boys? We have some really good talent on the Girls team and they just flushed it down the toilet because this was the worst thing they could do to them when the season has already started. Our girls are really down in the dumps. Maybe it is because they are girls? Maybe they do not matter like the boys do? As parents we have ALOT invested in this program and we DESERVE a straight up no bull crap answer!!!!!
His treatment of his players is what caused his dismissal or shall I say forced resignation.
cyclone

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Judged:

I'm sure Dugger wanted the boys job or he would have stayed with the girls. He was going to take the job before Gordan was hired last year but didn't want to leave the seniors from last year which is respectable, and he deserves the right to get back into the boys program if that is his desire.
Concerned B etsy Citizen

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Judged:

I do agree that if Dugger wanted the job he could have it. BUT.....not when the season has already started! It is not fair to the kids....and isn't this what Highschool Sports is all about? Is the kids, and NOT the coaches? I mean HELLO!!!!!!!!!! And in this program at EHS you don't play just because you have "free time", you play because Basketball is in your heart! There are many girls that have quit because they could not take the rigorous schedule. It is a hard program, one of the most challenging I have ever seen. So the girls that are in it were more than 100% vested in this program as well as us parents. This is about our kids and NOT what some adult somewhere wanted. This is our Kids program, like it or not!
only in cc

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Judged:

Well first of all Dugger has wanted the boys since he was fired last time for numerous reasons. I know as my son played for him at that time. He treated the boys like@#$%, recruited others from all over the country. That is a couple of reasons that he was removed from that position the first time. I agree, if ED wanted that done then he should have done it at the beginning not now. Like everything else it is always done the wrong way.
But hey when you make Ed mad then you have had it. Elvin Brown is one of the boys that Dugger recruited back in the day,
He also does not like his boys to play any other sport but basketball and that is a major problem with him.

It is time that something is done about Ed and his little mafia that he has working for him. All of his yes men!!!!
guest99

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

If Mr. Dugger is such a good coach and cares about his girls , he should be there with them as much as possible this year when he has times. I know I would if my team had given me there all in practice. I be there as much as I could and support them. I'm kind of sure if Mr.Dugger was asked to take over the boys team and he said he'd do it next year, that they would find some one else, so I can see his point. Best of luck to all the lady cyclones this year..I know change in leadership is hard on a team.
Cuntry Girl

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Judged:

Hampton Rules wrote:
Who gives a sh-t about that situation!
Hampton rules Eton anyways!
HAMPTON?That's where all the girls smell of tuna & sh*t.
Anonymous

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Judged:

It appears most of you people commenting are misinformed. Coach Len Dugger did not willfully move to the boys coaching job. He was removed as girls coach after he turned down the boys job. This is fact, so don't bash him until you know the facts. His heart is broken and it remains to be seen if he can muster the heart to coach the boys. Both programs and the coaches are devastated by Alexander's decision.
guest11

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Judged:

Coach Dugger was forced to take this job. He may have wanted it in the past, but as of now he did not want to leave the girls. I spoke to Len several times yesterday. He was told if he didn't coach the boys he would not have a job. He is devastated just like the girls are. The boys team is devastated too. Not sure what Coach Gordon did, if anything, to be asked to resign? He seemed to be doing a good job?? Ed Alexander is a joke in this town and once again has proven it. I guess it makes him feel like a man to hold so much power in such a small town. Just hope the kids feelings and hearts were worth it Ed... Jerk!
guest11

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Those boys don't deserve this either! They have to go play ball tonight at Science Hill in a tournament with Coach dugger coaching. I feel for those poor guys!
cyclone

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

No disagreement here Ed is a joke, But he has the board in his pocket. Apparently the recalled board knew more than most.
Jdub

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

LD recruited the Chapelle twins from the Bahamas back in the day lol
him

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Judged:

Jdub wrote:
LD recruited the Chapelle twins from the Bahamas back in the day lol
You do know he is drawing a VA check for being crazy.
Betsy Blogger

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Judged:

It is clear ro me that Alexander has made yet another cruel employment discision. This is just another example of how horrible this man is. If Dugger was FORCED into this change then we need to know that for sure because I am one who has spent today mad at him and reading the posts above my anger may be incorrect. How can we find out if he truely had no choice?
Concerned Betsy Citizen

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Concerned B etsy Citizen wrote:
I do agree that if Dugger wanted the job he could have it. BUT.....not when the season has already started! It is not fair to the kids....and isn't this what Highschool Sports is all about? Is the kids, and NOT the coaches? I mean HELLO!!!!!!!!!! And in this program at EHS you don't play just because you have "free time", you play because Basketball is in your heart! There are many girls that have quit because they could not take the rigorous schedule. It is a hard program, one of the most challenging I have ever seen. So the girls that are in it were more than 100% vested in this program as well as us parents. This is about our kids and NOT what some adult somewhere wanted. This is our Kids program, like it or not!
And in regards to "what some adult wanted" I am talking about Alexander not Dugger! Because I had also been told the same thing that he had no choice but to go or loose his job which is blackmail in my book.
Concerned Betsy Citizen

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Judged:

I spoke with Alexander this morning and he reminded me of a very bad car salesman. He told me what was done was done and that was the way it was and the way it "had" to be. And that he was sure that no answer he would give me would make me feel any better regarding the situation. Also I find it rather disturbing that he stated that because of the "grave" situation he could not tell us much because it would violate confidentiality. If what Coach Gordon did was SOOOOOOOOO bad that they cannot tell us then why would they still allow him to teach kids at another school. That is what I do not understand and makes me think that this is just all smoke and mirrors!!!!!! I have a call into TSAA regarding this possible deceptive practice so that maybe they can get an answer out of Alexander. I know that it is Alexander's right to make the decision but there is a bigger authority that Governs when it comes to High school sports in Tennessee and there are rules and regulations that ALL teams must go by, things that you cannot just do because you want to and not give people the answers they deserve. I want an answer and I want the TRUTH. I am NOT happy with the answer I got from him today and I WILL NOT stop until I am satisfied for the sake of our girls. Like I said before this is our kid's program not Alexander's and I think until we are told what REALLY happened we all need to keep trying to find out the truth!
Anonymous

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2011

Betsy Blogger wrote:
It is clear ro me that Alexander has made yet another cruel employment discision. This is just another example of how horrible this man is. If Dugger was FORCED into this change then we need to know that for sure because I am one who has spent today mad at him and reading the posts above my anger may be incorrect. How can we find out if he truely had no choice?
I do know that he turned down the boys coaching job on Wednesday, then on Thursday morning was handed a letter telling him he had been removed as girls coach and would be moved to the boys program. He would be moved from his T.A.D. classroom to the high school. If he refused to take the boys job, he would be out of a job.
I have spoken with him and he seems quite upset about the move and expressed the desire to finish out his coaching with the girls. It is what it is and people will believe what they choose.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of118
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Elizabethton Forum right now

Search the Elizabethton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 5 min Cecil 123,724
3rd District Commission Carter County 33 min vote 24
cia mayor dabbondanza led forum 36 min lies 30
Does ANYONE know GEORGE GWINN? (Jun '13) 43 min Paul-Michelle Humphreys 22
Vote criminal court judge (Oct '13) 1 hr probem is 236
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Youare 8,454
Sheriff of Carter County lives w a felon but t... (Oct '11) 2 hr Crack 243
•••

Freeze Warning for Carter County was issued at April 16 at 9:05AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Elizabethton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Elizabethton People Search