One person killed in Milligan Highway...

One person killed in Milligan Highway crash

There are 372 comments on the The Elizabethton Star story from Aug 14, 2012, titled One person killed in Milligan Highway crash. In it, The Elizabethton Star reports that:

Captain Greg Workman of the Elizabethton Police Department said the crash in front of the Milligan Grocery was reported at 1:50 a.m. A small white car had struck the store's sign.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Elizabethton Star.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#126 Sep 6, 2012
Catesfamilymember wrote:
<quoted text> They can say what they about you but I agree 100% with people have no idea what Micah is going through nor what he will be going through the rest of his life I'm sure if the whole thing played out with the shoe on the other foot things would have been different and they keep saying how upstanding great person Tanner was and trashing Micah but they were doing the same things and were friends and you know maybe Tanner was a good person better than all of these people because he was friends with Micah just how he was it must have not of mattered that he was adopted or any of the other things they have been saying so why does it matter now I strongly believe in Gods word and hope these people will turn to it and see what they are doing is not what God wants. PLEASE PEOPLE WE ALL NEED TO PRAY FOR BOTH FAMILIES AND STOP ALL THIS NONSENSE IF TANNER WAS THE KINDA PERSON EVERONE IS SAYING HE WAS DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WOULD WANT THIS! So the next time you start to make that next posts trashing Micah remember he was good enough for Tanner.
This comment is exactly right. I've been trying to get through to these people, but they act like they have no heart. Thinking of Micah and his family. I'm supporting you til the end!
Catesfamilymembe r

Mooresville, NC

#127 Sep 6, 2012
Sanity101 wrote:
<quoted text>
This comment is exactly right. I've been trying to get through to these people, but they act like they have no heart. Thinking of Micah and his family. I'm supporting you til the end!
Thank you! It makes me wonder if people really think about anybody but themselves. I mean I know they are hurting and I'm pretty sure if Micah could change things he would and probally would even take his place if he could. I wasn't there but I just don't think trashing Micah is going to help anyone feel better or change things in anyway. In the end God has control over all of it and if everyone would just stop and just say Lord let your will be done not ours . my faith is strong enough to believe you would all have more peace and comfort than anything that will come out of posting nonsense on here.
A Faithful Believer

Ringgold, GA

#128 Sep 7, 2012
Sanity101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you're trying to get through to THESE people by saying, "People like you should die through natural selection. You are a ridiculous person. I bet if you're even out of high school, you have failed your whole life."..."I know more than you'll ever know about this situation! Get off of topix if you're going to act like an idiot. You're just jumping on the "bandwagon." That's an embarrassment."...Really? That's really persuading people of your thoughts & ideas and convincing them to pray for the Perkins' & Cates' family! I hate to tell you but YOU are not showing any empathy there, yourself. So if you're going to stand up for Micah, let me make a suggestion to you...try using a little empathy yourself instead of berating others!
A Faithful Believer

Ringgold, GA

#129 Sep 7, 2012
Sanity102 wrote:
<quoted text>
Judging from your comments, I can tell you were close with Tanner. Sure you're going to defend him with all your might. Thing is, you're not the only one that misses Tanner. We ALL do. That gives you no reason to be biased about the situation. Again 'Faithful Believer', I see no signs of you living by God. You're ridiculing Micah when you probably didn't even -know- him. Have you yet to sit down and think about why Tanner was friends with Micah? Maybe, just maybe, because they had common interests. It makes me wonder just which side you would be on if Micah was -your- loved one. Would you still want to see him pay dearly for this accident? Nope. You sure wouldn't. I know that for a fact. You'd be 'praying' for Micah every second of the day, and be on this very website defending Micah until you turned blue in the face. Seems like it all just depends on you were closer with in this situation. Still, God forgives? God doesn't hold grudges, right? Practice what you preach, sweetheart.
Yes, I knew Micah and yes, I was very close to Tanner! I know they had common interest, but I do believe their common interests had drifted apart. I believe that is why Tanner moved into a one bedroom apartment, wouldn't you think? I am truly working on the grudges that I am holding and am asking God for help with that. So don't worry your sweet little heart about MY heart, because it is broken into a million little pieces, because someone was driving like a nascar driver does and wrecked. That's all!
Jim

Kingsport, TN

#131 Sep 7, 2012
Sanity101 wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you should die through natural selection. You are a ridiculous person. I bet if you're even out of high school, you have failed your whole life. I am not just another dumb kid. Lol. And Micah wasn't dumb. I know more than you'll ever know about this situation! Get off of topix if you're going to act like an idiot. You're just jumping on the "bandwagon." That's an embarrassment.
DO NOT BREED, "INSANITY 101"! Selective BREEDING would have ruled out the likes of you. It doesn't matter what you say, Micah or anyone else who causes such devaststion must face the consequences of their foolish actions. You are just another dumb kid who THINKS, in his "little" mind, that everyone has driven drunk! You are 100% wrong there. Only punks, and other assorted riff raff, drive drunk, not responsible people.
Also

Johnson City, TN

#132 Sep 7, 2012
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
DO NOT BREED, "INSANITY 101"! Selective BREEDING would have ruled out the likes of you. It doesn't matter what you say, Micah or anyone else who causes such devaststion must face the consequences of their foolish actions. You are just another dumb kid who THINKS, in his "little" mind, that everyone has driven drunk! You are 100% wrong there. Only punks, and other assorted riff raff, drive drunk, not responsible people.
I would like to add that anyone who causes an accident because they are on their cell phone or texting should also be charged for reckless driving at a minimum and vehicular homicide if someone is killed.
A lady talking on her cellphone rear-ended a relative last year. She was driving a big SUV and he was only driving a small compact car. She was not hurt, but he died of his injuries.
No charges were placed against her and, in my opinion, they should have been.
That was just as irresponsible as someone driving while drinking and, in some ways, worse. A person drinking is not capable of making rational decisions. If you are completely sober and make a choice to talk on you cell phone or send or read texts while you are driving, that is a conscious choice to be irresponsible. I, for one, would like to know why people treat cell phone use while driving so lightly. Studies have proved that you are just as impaired as a drunk driver if you use your cell phone while you are driving.
The person you are talking about here should and will pay legally for their actions, but there are many others as well who are on the roads driving irresponsibly as well putting others lives at risk..and probably some that have been very active on this forum commenting about this accident.
The person I am referring to in the accident last year was just as loved and important to his family as well. No disrepect meant, but there are many other families going through similar situations as well dealing with another person's irresponsible actions.
A Faithful Believer

United States

#133 Sep 7, 2012
Sanity102 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question? How many times are you going to say 'That's all?' & continue to argue about it? Is that 'really' the real reason that Tanner moved out? Hmmm. Seems like -Tanner himself- told me otherwise which you are too ashamed to tell because that would contradict you argument greatly. They obviously didn't drift too far apart after moving into separate places. They were still at the same party that night, right. Yes, again. Keep asking questions...I love answering them.
He might have told you and his friends one thing, but only because he didn't want Micah or anyone else mad at him. He was that type of person, and if you think otherwise please do share. He said that he could not be productive in school or at his job living in the environment that he was in, which was "party central." Tanner was working at the Marina 50+ hours per week all summer long to save his rent money for the next YEAR. Yes, I did say, "YEAR!" There has been many of a night that he would come to his parents' house at 2 or 3 am, because people were partying and being loud. Tanner would say that he couldn't sleep because of all of that, so he would come to his parents' house to get some sleep before he had to go in to work...and oh by the way, for your information, I'm not ashamed to admit anything about Tanner. I know in all reality that he wasn't perfect, but he was one of the reasons the sun continued to rise every single day in my world, and I loved and cherished him dearly! I truly believe that you THOUGHT that you really knew him, but boy I know you are wrong. So by the way, you claimed that Micah and Tanner partied together that night. Who's party was it? You love answering questions so much and know so much about him, we'll answer that one sweetie ;-) And I APOLLO agree with the other person, please don't breed ;-)
A Faithful Believer

United States

#134 Sep 7, 2012
Not APOLLO.....SOOOOOO.....(auto correct...lol)
No WAY

Abingdon, VA

#135 Sep 7, 2012
There is NO WAY that Micah's family is hurting as much as the Perkins' family!! They can still see Micah, they can hug him, they can hear his voice!! Kim will never (on this side of Heaven)get to hold her son again or hear his voice! So don't even say they are hurting like them because they've never walked in the Perkins'fsmily's shoes!

Since: Jun 12

Jonesborough, TN

#136 Sep 7, 2012
A Faithful Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
He might have told you and his friends one thing, but only because he didn't want Micah or anyone else mad at him. He was that type of person, and if you think otherwise please do share. He said that he could not be productive in school or at his job living in the environment that he was in, which was "party central." Tanner was working at the Marina 50+ hours per week all summer long to save his rent money for the next YEAR. Yes, I did say, "YEAR!" There has been many of a night that he would come to his parents' house at 2 or 3 am, because people were partying and being loud. Tanner would say that he couldn't sleep because of all of that, so he would come to his parents' house to get some sleep before he had to go in to work...and oh by the way, for your information, I'm not ashamed to admit anything about Tanner. I know in all reality that he wasn't perfect, but he was one of the reasons the sun continued to rise every single day in my world, and I loved and cherished him dearly! I truly believe that you THOUGHT that you really knew him, but boy I know you are wrong. So by the way, you claimed that Micah and Tanner partied together that night. Who's party was it? You love answering questions so much and know so much about him, we'll answer that one sweetie ;-) And I APOLLO agree with the other person, please don't breed ;-)
I'm going off what Tanner told me. Whom you state to be very honest with people. Therefore, I believe what he told me was the complete truth. So, I do believe I know that much as to why he moved out on his own. Why does it matter who's party is was? That's irrelevant. If you're seeking the absolute truth, take a second to think who -knows- the absolute truth. It's Micah! Micah is the only one besides Tanner that knows exactly how the events played out that night up until the wreck. You keep bashing 'Sanity101' for being immature? You're the one using cute little emoticons trying to be a 'smart***'. Sure shows your own maturity. Your lack of common sense amuses me.

Jonesborough, TN

#137 Sep 7, 2012
No WAY wrote:
There is NO WAY that Micah's family is hurting as much as the Perkins' family!! They can still see Micah, they can hug him, they can hear his voice!! Kim will never (on this side of Heaven)get to hold her son again or hear his voice! So don't even say they are hurting like them because they've never walked in the Perkins'fsmily's shoes!
Oh hell. It's another person jumping on the bandwagon. Yet again, being biased and judgmental. My best advice is that you all pursue your own happiness and peace within yourself. That'll make you less likely to be a critic of others. It's insecure people that feel the need to put others down. It's absolutely pathetic & leaves me guessing what kind of people you all really are. Seriously. Shame, shame.
A Faithful Believer

Ringgold, GA

#138 Sep 7, 2012
Sanity102 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going off what Tanner told me. Whom you state to be very honest with people. Therefore, I believe what he told me was the complete truth. So, I do believe I know that much as to why he moved out on his own. Why does it matter who's party is was? That's irrelevant. If you're seeking the absolute truth, take a second to think who -knows- the absolute truth. It's Micah! Micah is the only one besides Tanner that knows exactly how the events played out that night up until the wreck. You keep bashing 'Sanity101' for being immature? You're the one using cute little emoticons trying to be a 'smart***'. Sure shows your own maturity. Your lack of common sense amuses me.
You're the one that thinks you know EVERYTHING about Tanner and Tanner's life...Besides, there's the party that everyone (Insanity101 and Insanity102) keeps on talking about. If you know nothing about it, why do you keep saying that Tanner and Micah were at a party that night together. I really don't think you know anything about Tanner, other than what Micah tells you! You're just blowing smoke!!! Besides that, I don't believe one word of what you're saying about Tanner telling you why he moved away from Micah. You are full of it! If Tanner told you a different reason he moved out from Micah, oh do please share, or does the cat have your tongue?

Another thing, it IS relevant about the party, because you say he was with Micah at the party. Were you there or are you just going off what others are telling you. I think you're an unreliable source. You state you love answering questions...well now, let's hear you answer some big boy...

P.S. I'm thrilled that you're so amused <3
A Faithful Believer

Ringgold, GA

#139 Sep 7, 2012
Sanity102 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hell. It's another person jumping on the bandwagon. Yet again, being biased and judgmental. My best advice is that you all pursue your own happiness and peace within yourself. That'll make you less likely to be a critic of others. It's insecure people that feel the need to put others down. It's absolutely pathetic & leaves me guessing what kind of people you all really are. Seriously. Shame, shame.
Believe it or not, this is a public forum and this person is also entitled to his/her own opinion just like you. I know it's hard for you to believe that some people don't have the same opinion as you...but let me be the first to let you in on the REAL truth...this person could probably care less about your advice, because he/she probably realizes what a young punk you are by your statements, especially all of the previous ones :-)

Jonesborough, TN

#140 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>
You're the one that thinks you know EVERYTHING about Tanner and Tanner's life...Besides, there's the party that everyone (Insanity101 and Insanity102) keeps on talking about. If you know nothing about it, why do you keep saying that Tanner and Micah were at a party that night together. I really don't think you know anything about Tanner, other than what Micah tells you! You're just blowing smoke!!! Besides that, I don't believe one word of what you're saying about Tanner telling you why he moved away from Micah. You are full of it! If Tanner told you a different reason he moved out from Micah, oh do please share, or does the cat have your tongue?
Another thing, it IS relevant about the party, because you say he was with Micah at the party. Were you there or are you just going off what others are telling you. I think you're an unreliable source. You state you love answering questions...well now, let's hear you answer some big boy...
P.S. I'm thrilled that you're so amused <3
Amused is an understatement. Laughing my butt off is more like it. Seeing you get so heated over this makes me laugh. The 'cat does not have my tongue'. I believe in being respectful to Tanner whether he still be here or not. I'm not into being juvenile like you calling others names and making a fool of myself. I can already tell I am far more intelligent than you.'I THINK you're an unreliable source.' I get satisfaction off that statement. It's almost like I have you wondering what I -really- know. You're even starting to question yourself. It's cute. I will assure you, I did know Tanner personally. I know what I'm talking about here.
A Faithful Believer

Ringgold, GA

#141 Sep 7, 2012
Sanity102 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amused is an understatement. Laughing my butt off is more like it. Seeing you get so heated over this makes me laugh. The 'cat does not have my tongue'. I believe in being respectful to Tanner whether he still be here or not. I'm not into being juvenile like you calling others names and making a fool of myself. I can already tell I am far more intelligent than you.'I THINK you're an unreliable source.' I get satisfaction off that statement. It's almost like I have you wondering what I -really- know. You're even starting to question yourself. It's cute. I will assure you, I did know Tanner personally. I know what I'm talking about here.
I assure you, I'm not getting heated. You'll know it when I get heated, honey. There's not a respectful bone in your body, and I say that because of all of your earlier posts that are so rude to people. No, I'm not wondering what you know, because this just proves that you do not know anything about Tanner. You're going off of what others have told you. You don't have a clue! I don't believe you for one second. You love answering questions as long as you're able to give a line of bull. But on this one, you can't think of a line of bull, so I'm the one laughing and chuckling :D Gotcha!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#142 Sep 7, 2012
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
No I do not think everyone has driven drunk. Furthermore, I am not a "dumb kid" and not a male. I was only making a point.

United States

#143 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>I assure you, I'm not getting heated. You'll know it when I get heated, honey. There's not a respectful bone in your body, and I say that because of all of your earlier posts that are so rude to people. No, I'm not wondering what you know, because this just proves that you do not know anything about Tanner. You're going off of what others have told you. You don't have a clue! I don't believe you for one second. You love answering questions as long as you're able to give a line of bull. But on this one, you can't think of a line of bull, so I'm the one laughing and chuckling :D Gotcha!!!
Like I said before, I'm much more intelligent. It's normally the people that say the least that know the most. Value the fact I'm respecting Tanner by not telling everything I know. That doesn't make me clueless. It makes you close minded. None of my posts were rude. I'm arguing for the sake of you all being disrespectful towards Micah. One person takes up for the side & it's considered 'unacceptable' & war breaks loose. I'm strong enough to take up for what I believe is right. I'm sure Tanner would be so ashamed of your behavior right now.
Are U People Kidding

Jonesborough, TN

#145 Sep 7, 2012
Ok. Gee Whiz.. this thread is getting waayyyy out of hand now. The exact same things are being said over and over and over...only it keeps getting progressively nastier as it goes. It is really time to put a stop to this one. Enough is enough. And this really is enough!! This thread really shouldn't have gotten started on a forum like topix anyway and now it is going too far. I hope you folks will just end this now. There is no point in anybody saying anything else. There is nothing left to be said.
Just end it now.
Godisreal

Duncan, SC

#148 Sep 8, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an EXTREMELY nasty person "INSANITY 101". It just shows what ilk you are. By the way, what is your relationship with Micah? There was some "stuff" on his Facebook page that makes me wonder where you fit. I am sure Micah is worried about what is going to happen to his black behind. "Faithful Believer" is a very nice lady, and LOVED Tanner like thousands of us did. You are very low class, and I would venture to say on the same path as Micah. DO NOT BREED!
Really ?You are going to get on here and talk trash back to other people and use comments like "black behind "check yourself oh gosh people are so full of hate and think they are better than others but your not this thread needs to be deleted and as for all that are saying do not breed please take your own advice because we sure don't need anymore hate in the world.
Jana

United States

#149 Sep 8, 2012
I too believe this thread should be deleted. None of the comments on this forum have any bearing on this matter. The facts are as follows:

The driver of the vehicle was in control of both the speed at which he was driving and steering the vehicle. The deceased victim passenger was in control of neither.

Nothing that anyone writes on this forum can alter those facts or change the outcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Know it all 54 min Just asking 15
Jacob Ollis murder allegations (Jan '12) 2 hr Jake 52
Is Rivers Edge Fellowship a cult? 3 hr OHS 37
Is there anywhere in carter county to get beer ... 5 hr duh 8
anyone know Stephanie Campbell? (Aug '15) 7 hr Minnasota 11
Roy Little (Oct '09) 9 hr mma trainee 5150 16
Deadbeat moms (Jul '16) 12 hr Teresa 14

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance