Psychics in Carter County?

Psychics in Carter County?

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

Since: Mar 08

Nashville, TN

#1 Jun 29, 2009
Does anyone know of any psychics or fortunetellers that used to do readings in Carter County?

Justin
Rose

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jun 29, 2009
One was located way up in Simerly Creek some where she was a fortuneteller.Another was a Lady that lived in the Stoney Creek section, She could remove warts and Cure burns by blowing on a burn area and saying a Bible verse.She did this to my son's burned leg and it worked. The burn was real bad,and he said that the pain was gone before he left her home.It was a 5th degree burn i think. I don't remember her name,but she was old at the time.About 35 years ago + or -.

Since: Sep 08

carter county tennessee

#3 Jun 30, 2009
There was a lady named Nora Grace that used to read cups, not sure if she still does, but she was in the Watauga area.. turn by Potters Meat Mkt
Med Pro

Nashville, TN

#4 Jul 2, 2009
There is no 5th degree burn!
1st Degree Burn

FIRST DEGREE: This is a minor burn to the Epidermis layer of the skin. It is usually superficial. The apperarence is red and blances of white when pressed on. There are no blisters. It usually takes 3-6 days to heal. Hospitalization is usually only necessary if the patient has a fever, dehydration (not enough body fluids) or has uncontrollable pain.

2nd Degree Burn

SECOND DEGREE: This is a burn that causes damage to the Epidermis layer of the skin and the Dermis. All types of second degree burns are listed as moderate burns.

Deep Thickness Burn

Partial Thickness Burns are painful and blisters. The color is usually red and moist below. It usually takes 3 weeks to heal. The final outcome is the change in skin color and pigmentation.

DEEP THICKNESS BURNS are ivory or pearly white. They usually take more than 3 weeks to heal. Skin grafting is usually recommended.

3rd Degree Burn

THIRD DEGREE: This is a critical burn that causes a destruction of all the Epidermis and Dermis. It goes to the root of the hair. A third degree burn is called a Full Thickness Burn. It is usually dry darkbrown or has a leathery appearence. Skin grafting is recommended.

4th Degree Burn

FOURTH DEGREE: The tissue beneath the skin is burned/destroyed. That includes the muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones. Skin grafting is usually needed to close up the areas.
Dead Jimmy Quillen

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jul 3, 2009
Rose wrote:
...Another was a Lady that lived in the Stoney Creek section, She could remove warts and Cure burns by blowing on a burn area and saying a Bible verse.She did this to my son's burned leg and it worked. The burn was real bad,and he said that the pain was gone before he left her home.It was a 5th degree burn i think.
Right...
Mr Clean

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jul 6, 2009
Med Pro wrote:
1st Degree Burn
FIRST DEGREE: This is a minor burn to the Epidermis layer of the skin. It is usually superficial. The apperarence is red and blances of white when pressed on. There are no blisters. It usually takes 3-6 days to heal. Hospitalization is usually only necessary if the patient has a fever, dehydration (not enough body fluids) or has uncontrollable pain.
2nd Degree Burn
SECOND DEGREE: This is a burn that causes damage to the Epidermis layer of the skin and the Dermis. All types of second degree burns are listed as moderate burns.
Deep Thickness Burn
Partial Thickness Burns are painful and blisters. The color is usually red and moist below. It usually takes 3 weeks to heal. The final outcome is the change in skin color and pigmentation.
DEEP THICKNESS BURNS are ivory or pearly white. They usually take more than 3 weeks to heal. Skin grafting is usually recommended.
3rd Degree Burn
THIRD DEGREE: This is a critical burn that causes a destruction of all the Epidermis and Dermis. It goes to the root of the hair. A third degree burn is called a Full Thickness Burn. It is usually dry darkbrown or has a leathery appearence. Skin grafting is recommended.
4th Degree Burn
FOURTH DEGREE: The tissue beneath the skin is burned/destroyed. That includes the muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones. Skin grafting is usually needed to close up the areas.
Thanks Doc. It was a bad burn, and she did blow the fire out of it + the good book.
Med Pro

Nashville, TN

#7 Jul 7, 2009
Using witchcraft and saying a bible verse... right.
Mr Clean

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jul 7, 2009
Med Pro wrote:
No Witch involved.
Just an Lady that knew what she was doing.
Justin

Nashville, TN

#9 Jul 8, 2009
Med Pro wrote:
I would consider witchcraft using spells or charms to effect real change in daily life. Witchcraft is a complex topic. Before the movie "The Craft" introduced Wicca to a wide audience, there was conflicting belief about witchcraft in the Appalachian Mountains. A man who cured thresh by blowing in a baby's mouth or a woman who stopped blood by reading a passage from the Bible would have been considered witches by zealous individuals, but not the general population. It's the same with purposed psychics. Someone who publicly claims a psychic facility is considered "sinful" by zealous individuals. However, if someone has a dream about a family member dying just before the actual event, no one accuses the person of being a "sinful." I find a lot of people, especially in the southern Appalachian Mountains, have the gift of occasionally dreaming of future tragedy. I think that is wonderful.
good old girl

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jul 9, 2009
TNSHORTY wrote:
There was a lady named Nora Grace that used to read cups, not sure if she still does, but she was in the Watauga area.. turn by Potters Meat Mkt
yes she is still reading i thank she is on cripple creek road. then right on nora grace rd
mom

United States

#11 Jul 9, 2009
Med Pro wrote:
1st Degree Burn
2nd Degree Burn
Deep Thickness Burn
3rd Degree Burn
4th Degree Burn
Somebody can copy and paste......GOOD JOB!!!
Pat

Nashville, TN

#12 Jul 9, 2009
You can read and type in sarcastic words ooooooh!
Run Med Pro, mom is gonna get ya! Mom, you are so lame.

Since: Sep 08

carter county tennessee

#13 Jul 12, 2009
good old girl wrote:
<quoted text>yes she is still reading i thank she is on cripple creek road. then right on nora grace rd
It has been several yrs since I was there. I would love to go see her again. Thanks for letting me know she is still reading.

Since: Jan 09

Johnson City, TN

#14 Nov 19, 2009
She is soooo old. THe last time I Went was probably 10 yrs ago and I thought she was getting forgetful and to old to do it then.
WilderYankee

Johnson City, TN

#15 Jan 7, 2010
Don't know of any psychics. All I ever get to meet here is psychOS!

“CUT CLASS, NOT FROGS!!!”

Since: Jul 09

Grayson, KY

#16 Feb 10, 2010
Haunt Masters Club wrote:
Does anyone know of any psychics or fortunetellers that used to do readings in Carter County?
Justin
I don't know anyone who does it for hire, but I know several card readers, and I myself utilize scrying in water, crystals, fire, clouds, spiderwebs and so on.. I would love to know more from anyone who is interested in these sorts of matters.. I consider myself a shaman of sorts, but not really a "Psychic" per-say.
beachluver

Johnson City, TN

#17 Oct 7, 2010
Hello can anyone give me a number how to get in touch with Nora Grace or tell me how to find her?
reading

United States

#18 Oct 16, 2010
good old girl wrote:
<quoted text>yes she is still reading i thank she is on cripple creek road. then right on nora grace rd
no nora grace is NOT currently reading i am related to her she is not at this time
OBSERVER

Johnson City, TN

#19 Oct 18, 2010
Nora Grace in Watauga is NOT reading anymore. I was just up at here house not long ago. There used to be an old lady , forgot her last name,,,,they called her Granny something,,,,,read coffee grounds in a cup, nora grace read snuff in a cup,,,but this old lady died, she was like 85 in the 80's but she was the best I had ever seen. I would be interested in someone who reads tarot cards or something that is ACCURATE at least. I know one in JC and one in Unicoi that are pretty good. Havent been in years though, if anyone knows anyone who reads tarot cards....please let me know!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word**** (May '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 2,440
Gary Hicks sycamore drivein 4 hr no name 12
Lesbian Love 8 hr Liz 1
Worst renters in Elizabethton for landlords to ... 13 hr Bee 41
Connie Baird, owes money 17 hr Pooply Swellfart 2
How racist is Carter county OMG (Nov '16) Sun White Hope 39
Investigate Hampton High's Varsity Basketball (Aug '12) Oct 20 Anyonomus 443

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance