Kingsport, TN

#23 Aug 6, 2011
Little has been involved with female students in the past but it was overlooked.
LeRoy

Abingdon, VA

#24 Aug 6, 2011
It did not work out for Eddie Pless at TTC. He is an Alexander man. Just talk to him. Ed then gave him Randy Lacy`s job.
sad

Johnson City, TN

#25 Aug 6, 2011
Sad to see the high turnover rate
Big orange

United States

#26 Aug 6, 2011
It is so sad how the school system has become! Little has fooled around with the girls down there for as long as I remember!
Betsy Blogger

Decatur, IL

#27 Aug 6, 2011
Tired,
Do your homework. This is not bogus. Just make an inquiry about who the female student was, everyone knows, and then call the parents. Sadly you are wrong.
Elly Fant

Johnson City, TN

#28 Aug 6, 2011
Everyone who has gone to EHS since Randy Little started knows about his affairs with female students early in his career. And while I would normally frown on such things, they did happen when he was a very young teacher himself, and he has not even been accused of such things recently. And when I was in HS he was one of the better teachers in the Social Studies area,

Long story short I would have no problem with his being allowed to become principal at EHS.
reality

Central City, KY

#29 Aug 6, 2011
Anybody that knows him knows he doesn't want that job and he didn't even apply for it. He's staying where he is, so why is he even under this topic?
No More

Johnson City, TN

#30 Aug 6, 2011
Mr. Little was offered and turned down the job when Pless took it, he will take it now since he is at TA Dugger. Littles past is very checkered as a lot at EHS has been. But they ar in ECA's back pocket. If he was jump they say how high.
sonny

Johnson City, TN

#31 Aug 7, 2011
elizcitizen wrote:
I don't care what rumors you might have heard about Randy Little. He was an excellent World History teacher, and he will make an excellent EHS principal.
Dr. Edwards should never have been principal. We should keep the job of EHS principal in the Elizabethton/EHS family.
That's the problem with the entire school system, city and county. It's the "keep it in the family" mentality that has got the schools going down the pipes. It's not what you know it's who you know.
Still laughing

Johnson City, TN

#32 Aug 7, 2011
diggle wrote:
Alexander has a great group. He is the only thing holding things together.
Alexander and holding things together is definately a oxymoron. Big Ed has had his own agenda since day one. Could someone please tell me how many teachers outside the "chosen circle" has been hired in the city system lately. The same names seem to be kicked around on this forum, the paper, etc. Now the big stir is the athletic complex, and who is pushing this, ummm Big Ed. Clean house, hire the teachers on ability and education not by how much they can kiss ass. Choose the teachers the honest and correct way, not behind closed doors at someones house or country club or boat. Give them all a fighting chance.
Linda

Johnson City, TN

#33 Aug 7, 2011
tired wrote:
<quoted text>
This is ridiculous and cruel. I can't believe people don't have the decency to just talk to someone in person anymore or admit to their accusations. As for Randy Little, he is a great man who has worked diligently and always done what was best for his school system with no need for a thank you. We all know he loved teaching, for once why not realize he left that job to help serve his school system in need during the middle of the year. The rumors these people have posted are just that, rumors..malicious ones at that. Mr. Little has always just done his job and devoted his remaining time to his daughter. Leave this man alone, he does a great job and makes the environment your children are in a more pleasant place. He is a dad and knows the importance of a fulfilling and encouraging learning experience for our future generations. If you must have these petty forums, stick to the topic. Slanderers who attack the good name and reputation of this man don't have a leg to stand on in the end.
The rightful person will take place at the high school, and the teachers and principal will work together to help 2011-2012 be a great year.
Rightful person? Don't you mean the biggest "brown noser". Just because you're friends with someone or kiss their butt or believe in their "politics" DOES NOT make them the rightful person. I know all about the good ole boy system in carter county and it's blatantly obvious at EHS. Until Ed is gone and someone from outside the "inner circle" comes in then nothing will ever change. You lost a good one when Dr. Edwards left but that's par for the course. She was missing one essential thing that kept her from advancing at EHS...a penis!
cyclone parent

Jonesborough, TN

#34 Aug 7, 2011
Well, I hear Eddie Pless is still going to be the new principal at EHS. I'm confused. I hope it's Randy though. He's a great guy and doesn't have any kids at the high school who can take all the awards when honors day comes around. Because if Eddie is principal and his child takes all the awards honors day when he/she graduates, a bunch of parents won't like it. But then, I tell them there are also kids in that class from parents who are on the school board, city council, and work in the Eliz city school system. Is there any way that those kids could be exempt from winning anything come honors day? People and their families that work in businesses who give out prizes and such are not eligible to win or even enter the sweepstakes or competition,and even on the Oprah Winfrey show, "My favorite things," no one could be in the audience that knew Oprah or any of her staff or even friends of friends of theirs. That way no one could yell "it's biased!" I don't mean to be mean I was just wondering.
dummy

Johnson City, TN

#35 Aug 7, 2011
So you would punish a child for who their parents are?!? Punish a child for working hard and making good grades, what a grand idea!! Hey, we could save money by not feeding the students who have family or friends of family in the cafeteria.
cyclone parent

Jonesborough, TN

#36 Aug 7, 2011
Sorry to upset you, but that's not what I meant. There are many,many other students who also have a 4.0, have leadership roles in band and/or chorus, in clubs, tutor other students, etc. but don't have parents as teachers or school board members or city council members. Because of money issues, they can only give out a certain number of awards come honors day, so I just assume those slots will go to those students who have the most political pull. What about those other kids who work just as hard or harder??? They should get some kind of recognition, too. Just my opinion.
cyclone parent

Jonesborough, TN

#37 Aug 7, 2011
Also, just because you're not a child of a school board member, or city council member, or teacher in the Eliz school system doesn't mean that you don't work as hard or harder than those other children do.
Dummy, you act like only those children from teachers,etc. are the only ones that work hard, have leadership positions, in band/chorus, are teacher/office aides, make 4.0's or higher and make high ACT/SAT scores. I know for a fact that that is not true. So shouldn't EVERYONE that works that hard be awarded and given recognition no matter who his/hers parents are??????????
dummy

Johnson City, TN

#38 Aug 8, 2011
I never said anything like that. However, you did......I still question why would you even consider punishing a child based on who their parents are? I agree that they shouldn't be rewarded based on that either, but not exempted from it.
Cyclone Alumni

Johnson City, TN

#39 Aug 8, 2011
Support wrote:
I agree that there is a real problem with administrator turnover in Elizabethton. I think that the administrators need higher pay. I checked this out and they are making about $20,000 less than neighboring school systems. Like it or not, the school board must pay more if they are going to have stability in the schools. More pay will help the school board attract and keep better candidates.
I do not think these administrators deserve more pay. They and everyone on the hill are getting paid way too much as it is. Especially when this system has decided to let go of some of its valuable employees simply because there is not enough money to pay them. How is this fair? Employees that have worked for the system for years are now being let go or cut down to part time with no benefits.
cyclone alumni parent

Jonesborough, TN

#40 Aug 8, 2011
Actually,I know of someone in the not-to-distant past that ran for school board (and won)just so their child would win something awards day, and that child did. He/she wasn't even in the top 10% or in any leadership positions, or band or chorus, and belonged to only one club. Maybe we should elect members who are older, wiser (hopefully) and don't have any children in the school system at the present time, that way we know they are there for ALL the kids and not just theirs.
cyclone alumni parent

Jonesborough, TN

#41 Aug 8, 2011
sorry my comment printed twice.
The Truth

United States

#42 Aug 16, 2011
Has anyone heard who was hired for the position?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking For Mystery Shoppers! 4 hr Joseph McArdle 4
HIRING Part-Time Caregivers 4 hr Hiring Addus 1
Ghost riders 16 hr Elizabethton Citizen 5
Mitzi Jones Cutshaw POS snitch 18 hr Dumbass 6
A-1 Boone's creek Sun Chef cookie 1
Lesbian Love Sun cliff 27
Anyone know a woman named Lindsey Hurley? Sat Just a random person 6

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance