First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sick and tired

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Aug 3, 2011
Well another good EHS principal gone. When are the board members going to wake up and smell the coffee? Houston we have a problem here!
elizcitizen

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Aug 3, 2011
Don't worry. I hear Eddie Pless is coming back as EHS principal this year.
Betsy Blogger

Johnson City, TN

#3 Aug 4, 2011
The turnover of principals in our school system, especially the High School and also West Side are tied directly ro Alexander. Our system so badly needs to see him retire.
Tonto

Columbia, TN

#4 Aug 4, 2011
Pless wont be back at EHS; he is back on the hill.
Randy Little will be principal; if he doesnt take it then an Asst will. OQuinn took a job that pays better with less stress. Good timing as school starts monday.......
Lou

Abingdon, VA

#5 Aug 4, 2011
Pless is taking Randy Lacy`s job. Lacy is retiring.
The Truth

United States

#6 Aug 4, 2011
What about TAD? The principal's office has had a revolving door the in the past few years: Culver, Cates, Jacobs, O'Quinn, Little,??? Who will be next? Wasn't Lacy "asked" to retire?

Johnson City, TN

#7 Aug 4, 2011
Elizabethton School System has SADLY become a joke. The only way it may get any better is to vote in a entire new School Board. For that matter a new City Council and County Commissioners as well.
elizcitizen

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Aug 4, 2011
Thanks for clearing that up about Eddie Pless. I heard wrong. I wish him well whatever his new job is. I'm excited Randy Little will be EHS principal. I love him! He was a terrific World History teacher to my kids. Thanks again for the info.
TAD PARENT

Johnson City, TN

#9 Aug 4, 2011
This is terrific news, LITTLE WILL BE EHS PRINCIPAL!!
Smiles

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Aug 4, 2011
Where is OQuinn going?
Tonto

Columbia, TN

#11 Aug 4, 2011
OQuinn is taking Eddie Pless's old job at Tn Tech center. Randy Little wont do well at EHS. He has a pretty checkered history.
The Truth

United States

#12 Aug 4, 2011
Does anyone know for sure that Mr. Little is going to the high school as principal, or is that pure speculation?
Tonto

Columbia, TN

#15 Aug 5, 2011
Speculation, but with school starting there really isnt time to look outside the system and of those within the system there are very few qualified to take it. Ed has wanted Randy Little down there; the last time Randy's "past" kept him from getting it.
sam

Woodstock, AL

#16 Aug 5, 2011
I wouldn't trust Randy with those high school girls!!
Inspired

Johnson City, TN

#17 Aug 5, 2011
Why would you not trust that sexy beast with the high school girls. I am a mom and I would grab him up in a heart beat he would forget all about young girls this cougar would have her way with him.. ;)
Betsy Blogger

Decatur, IL

#18 Aug 5, 2011
The effort to keep Randy Little out of the EHS Principal's job was successful when Alexander fired Dr Edwards but it seems Alexander has forgotten about Mr. Little's involvement with a EHS teenage girl. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE PARENTS OF ELIZABETHTON ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN. What a shameful school board we have. Cooter, Booher and our fine High Sheriff all three know about Little's background but yet they sit on their hands. UNBELIEVEABLE !
elizcitizen

Jonesborough, TN

#19 Aug 5, 2011
I don't care what rumors you might have heard about Randy Little. He was an excellent World History teacher, and he will make an excellent EHS principal.
Dr. Edwards should never have been principal. We should keep the job of EHS principal in the Elizabethton/EHS family.
Support

Kingsport, TN

#20 Aug 5, 2011
I agree that there is a real problem with administrator turnover in Elizabethton. I think that the administrators need higher pay. I checked this out and they are making about $20,000 less than neighboring school systems. Like it or not, the school board must pay more if they are going to have stability in the schools. More pay will help the school board attract and keep better candidates.
diggle

Kingsport, TN

#21 Aug 5, 2011
Alexander has a great group. He is the only thing holding things together.
tired

Johnson City, TN

#22 Aug 5, 2011
Betsy Blogger wrote:
The effort to keep Randy Little out of the EHS Principal's job was successful when Alexander fired Dr Edwards but it seems Alexander has forgotten about Mr. Little's involvement with a EHS teenage girl. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE PARENTS OF ELIZABETHTON ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN. What a shameful school board we have. Cooter, Booher and our fine High Sheriff all three know about Little's background but yet they sit on their hands. UNBELIEVEABLE !
This is ridiculous and cruel. I can't believe people don't have the decency to just talk to someone in person anymore or admit to their accusations. As for Randy Little, he is a great man who has worked diligently and always done what was best for his school system with no need for a thank you. We all know he loved teaching, for once why not realize he left that job to help serve his school system in need during the middle of the year. The rumors these people have posted are just that, rumors..malicious ones at that. Mr. Little has always just done his job and devoted his remaining time to his daughter. Leave this man alone, he does a great job and makes the environment your children are in a more pleasant place. He is a dad and knows the importance of a fulfilling and encouraging learning experience for our future generations. If you must have these petty forums, stick to the topic. Slanderers who attack the good name and reputation of this man don't have a leg to stand on in the end.

The rightful person will take place at the high school, and the teachers and principal will work together to help 2011-2012 be a great year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EES and BrightRidge Merger 1 hr vicky 3
Meth 9 hr Beth T 2
Anyone know a woman named Lindsey Hurley? 15 hr Johnny 9
Ericka B 17 hr Skank 1
Mary woods 19 hr Mom to many 9
Mayor Curt Alexander (Sep '09) Wed Jim 343
PC Repair Tue Ericka Beach 7

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance