Has anyone bought a home from Clayton...

Has anyone bought a home from Clayton Homes in Eliz

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

wondering

Mount Juliet, TN

#1 Jan 18, 2010
I was wondering if anyone has purchased a home from Clayton Homes in Elizabethton and if your experience was good or bad. Also, how quickly could they get the home setup. Thanks.

Since: Oct 09

Clearwater, FL

#2 Jan 19, 2010
You might want to check - ripoffreport.com
Clayton and their associated mortgage company
seem to have a few issues.
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jan 19, 2010
bottom line is this, Mobile homes, even doublewides, DEPRECIATE. Look into a stick built.
homebuyer

Emory, VA

#4 Jan 19, 2010
i went there and looked, told the sales guy i wanted time to think about it. he then continued to call me three or four times a day for a month. i had to call his manager to report him and even then he didn't stop. i called the manager, asked for their higher up and reported him again and finally it stopped. that is no way to sell a home so beware that if you do go there they will harrass you until you can't take it anymore.
hugger

Columbia, SC

#5 Oct 30, 2012
wondering wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has purchased a home from Clayton Homes in Elizabethton and if your experience was good or bad. Also, how quickly could they get the home setup. Thanks.
im buying one now salesmen is nice but been bringing my modular for three weeks and its not there yet took my ols home of the blocks parked it in ny driveway its been three weeks havent moved it yet but thay keep given me dates and not show up. Im holding there check so thay should get to moven now i hope. Its graet if ur not in a hurry did good job on footers. Now bad weather. If thay would have kept there first date i would be in ny home instead of my camper.
cuz68

Sevierville, TN

#6 Oct 30, 2012
IF you ck kingsport you will get the same one for a lot less Money. Give them a call and see. Good Luck.
wow

United States

#7 Oct 30, 2012
run is all i can tell you
hugger

Columbia, SC

#8 Oct 31, 2012
cuz68 wrote:
IF you ck kingsport you will get the same one for a lot less Money. Give them a call ai gotnd see. Good Luck.
i bought one in kingsport and thay were the rudest pepole i have ever delt with i wouldnt buy gum from them thay broke the frame bringing it out. Im glad it wasnt one i was going to live in. Ive bought 5 and kingsport the worst by far.
hugger

Stanfield, NC

#9 Nov 2, 2012
Well another week thay still havent came got my old trailer and brought new modular. Say be there next monday rain or shine.said that last monday and then said cant get it its raining now going on fourth date thay have set and not met. I underdtand weather but dont keep telling me lies.
Ive never had a good experience with clayton anywhere my fault for going back
hugger

Mauldin, SC

#10 Nov 8, 2012
Today is just one more day thay dont show uo with my new modular. Told me should be out friday. I guess well see. Hope i dont have this much problems from the home its self turning into a joke i think.
Linda

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jun 17, 2013
I went to Clayton Homes in Elizabethton and they had me fill out a form with my address and phone no. I asked to see just one home in front they had on sale and they asked me if I was pre-approved. I guess they thought I didn't look like I had enough money or credit to buy one. I told them I just wanted to look at it to see if I even wanted a mobile home since I was selling my stick built home and wasn't sure about buying a mobile. Still he acted hesitant about showing it, still can't figure out why? Dumbfounded.
Newcomer

Johnson City, TN

#12 Jun 17, 2013
I hate to say it, Linda but it is probably because you are a woman. It is not right but male chauvinism is still thriving. Good Luck on the sale of your home and may the Lord watch over you
wow

La Follette, TN

#13 Jun 19, 2013
run run
Jane

Johnson City, TN

#14 May 17, 2014
You never win when buying a mobile home. Their interest rates are very high and they depreciate very quickly. They are always the winners and you are the loser. Buy a good sound stick built or brick home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tara Potter 8 hr JsayIN 2
How is Jerry Miller or David Ryan able be a con... (Dec '16) 10 hr HVG 8
Meth 10 hr bbc 9
Mayflower Returning! 22 hr Mayflower in bloom 20
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word**** (May '10) Fri voter 2,457
Strip Club/ Restaurant Coming to Carter County Fri Ray detector8735 15
Angel Cordell May 24 Don 1

Elizabethton Jobs

Personal Finance

Elizabethton Mortgages