Mountain States Health Alliance

Mountain States Health Alliance

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

Kane

Johnson City, TN

#1 Sep 6, 2012
It has come to my attention living in the tri-cities that MSHA owns every hospital around the area I live and the care has declined drastically. I have been in and out of the hospital several times and have been highly disappointed with the care, the doctors and the time limit it takes to get care. I don't so much blame the nurses working because I know first hand what goes on because my sister worked for MSHA for ten years and has told me how the nurses are forced to work short staffed and still perform to perfection while the big dogs worried about the budget sit on their stoop and continue to criticize and demand unrealistic expectiations from their employees. I heard many stories from her about having difficult meeting her patient's needs because there was not enough help due to budget. It seems to me that MSHA has money to waste on renovation after renovation. They need to have bigger and better all the time while health care quality declines.
Im sure the big dog over the place doesnt lose any sleep at night wondering how he is gonna feed his family, how he is going to pay his bills or if his loved one is being taken care of in a hospital that has less staff working than is needed to adequately take care of the patients. And yet the workers get the grief when things are
not done just right. Raises are cut, benefits decreased except the costs of them. Another sad thing that I have seen and I think is ridiculous is seeing these poor patients pushing IV poles in the parking lots just so they can smoke a cigarette! People have rights. I understand it is not healthy to smoke but if someone chooses to they should have a place to do so. This would embarrass me to work somewhere that did not accomodate patients.
yup

United States

#2 Nov 4, 2012
Kane wrote:
It has come to my attention living in the tri-cities that MSHA owns every hospital around the area I live and the care has declined drastically. I have been in and out of the hospital several times and have been highly disappointed with the care, the doctors and the time limit it takes to get care. I don't so much blame the nurses working because I know first hand what goes on because my sister worked for MSHA for ten years and has told me how the nurses are forced to work short staffed and still perform to perfection while the big dogs worried about the budget sit on their stoop and continue to criticize and demand unrealistic expectiations from their employees. I heard many stories from her about having difficult meeting her patient's needs because there was not enough help due to budget. It seems to me that MSHA has money to waste on renovation after renovation. They need to have bigger and better all the time while health care quality declines.
Im sure the big dog over the place doesnt lose any sleep at night wondering how he is gonna feed his family, how he is going to pay his bills or if his loved one is being taken care of in a hospital that has less staff working than is needed to adequately take care of the patients. And yet the workers get the grief when things are
not done just right. Raises are cut, benefits decreased except the costs of them. Another sad thing that I have seen and I think is ridiculous is seeing these poor patients pushing IV poles in the parking lots just so they can smoke a cigarette! People have rights. I understand it is not healthy to smoke but if someone chooses to they should have a place to do so. This would embarrass me to work somewhere that did not accomodate patients.
Yup, u pretty much hit the nail on the head in ur statement. MSHA has a monopoly in this area and really doesn't care about the quality of care, but only about $ and how much they can make and charge, and all because "they can" and noone is gonna stop them bc we as citizens don't hv any other option unless u drive a substantial distance to make it to a wellmont owned facility, but even they hv somewhat of a monopoly. The quality of care is a little better, but cld still use major improvements. Noone around here has enough $ or social status to do anything about the obvious issues with MSHA, and they continue to buy every practice possible, and won't stop until they own every medical business and all doctor's work for them in some way or another!!
Patient

Johnson City, TN

#3 Nov 4, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, u pretty much hit the nail on the head in ur statement. MSHA has a monopoly in this area and really doesn't care about the quality of care, but only about $ and how much they can make and charge, and all because "they can" and noone is gonna stop them bc we as citizens don't hv any other option unless u drive a substantial distance to make it to a wellmont owned facility, but even they hv somewhat of a monopoly. The quality of care is a little better, but cld still use major improvements. Noone around here has enough $ or social status to do anything about the obvious issues with MSHA, and they continue to buy every practice possible, and won't stop until they own every medical business and all doctor's work for them in some way or another!!
Gosh, that sounds a lot like socialized medicine.
golddigger

Spruce Pine, NC

#4 Nov 4, 2012
well try hitting the nurse call light when i did it took 1 hr for the nurse to come into my room to see what i needed.
wow

Charlotte, NC

#5 Nov 4, 2012
well the thing that gets me you go there and they dont know what wrong with but they still charged you a big bill i think if they cant give you an answer you should not be charged after all this is why they went to school

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nanny's restaurant 26 min misery loves company 5
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word**** (May '10) 59 min _Zoey_ 2,371
Brooke Begley from Hampton 9 hr Judge 3
Chuck Norris-Carter County! (Sep '11) 11 hr Ldgomez 22
school supply distribution (Jul '10) 13 hr Getalife 62
trash inneighborhood Fri Citizen against t... 4
Boys & Girls Club Fri Tired 19

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance