First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Youth

Cookeville, TN

#1 Nov 7, 2012
Im so happy . The best man won in my oppinion but what do you think and why.
What I think

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Nov 7, 2012
I'm retiring, spending everything I have in my savings and retirement and I'm going to live off the government like the rest of you idiots.
I'm done working my butt off to keep up the lazy hand-outs in this country. If you can't beat em, join em..That's what I've decided to do...Give me my food stamps and my Obama phone and stick me in a section 8 apartment so I can smoke pot and have sex all day with all of the other people too lazy to work.

Peace out!! I'm outta here. And I'm done!!
Knows

Abingdon, VA

#3 Nov 7, 2012
Sweet..can I come live with you?
Wrong

United States

#4 Nov 7, 2012
Considering economists are predicting at least a 20 trillion dollar debt by 2016 this morning, the highest tax increases on EVERYONE in the nations history, historic job losses and energy prices, i'd say we all lost last night. Just shows how far behind the rest of the world we are educationally and intellectually. He makes Bush look like a financial wizard....and we re-elected him.....yikes..

And yes, middle class taxes will be hit the most when the Bush tax cuts expire and we start getting an extra 7-1/2% removed from.our paychecks to pay for Odummacare...
Elmer Gantry

Johnson City, TN

#5 Nov 7, 2012
What I think wrote:
I'm retiring, spending everything I have in my savings and retirement and I'm going to live off the government like the rest of you idiots.
I'm done working my butt off to keep up the lazy hand-outs in this country. If you can't beat em, join em..That's what I've decided to do...Give me my food stamps and my Obama phone and stick me in a section 8 apartment so I can smoke pot and have sex all day with all of the other people too lazy to work.
Peace out!! I'm outta here. And I'm done!!
I was thinking that all of you defeated Republicans would flee to Argentina.
moron

Abingdon, VA

#6 Nov 7, 2012
Wrong wrote:
Considering economists are predicting at least a 20 trillion dollar debt by 2016 this morning, the highest tax increases on EVERYONE in the nations history, historic job losses and energy prices, i'd say we all lost last night. Just shows how far behind the rest of the world we are educationally and intellectually. He makes Bush look like a financial wizard....and we re-elected him.....yikes..
And yes, middle class taxes will be hit the most when the Bush tax cuts expire and we start getting an extra 7-1/2% removed from.our paychecks to pay for Odummacare...
And what Romney have done idiot? The trillions of debt would still be there, the increases would still occur except more of the debt would be on the middle class and less on the wealthy. And if you think Bush didnt put us on this path you're not very smart.
independent

Johnson City, TN

#7 Nov 7, 2012
I think this election will go down as the last straw of a great country. When all of the people on the public dole see that they sold their vote for a check it will be too late. How many of the young voters will rise to defend our country like WWII. Not many. Obama isn't smart enough to know what he doesn't know. The population is under government control already. What if government checks stopped tomorrow? There would be panic. No jobs to find. What would happen? When our government spends us into a hole that we can't climb out of then that will happen. Food rationing? Well all that has to happen now is for them to flip a switch and it will say how many loaves of bread you can get, etc. This is not very far fetched. What Romney wanted was to return us to a strong country. Personal reliance is what we need to strive for now. Really think about what he is offering.
durrr

Abingdon, VA

#8 Nov 7, 2012
independent wrote:
I think this election will go down as the last straw of a great country. When all of the people on the public dole see that they sold their vote for a check it will be too late. How many of the young voters will rise to defend our country like WWII. Not many. Obama isn't smart enough to know what he doesn't know. The population is under government control already. What if government checks stopped tomorrow? There would be panic. No jobs to find. What would happen? When our government spends us into a hole that we can't climb out of then that will happen. Food rationing? Well all that has to happen now is for them to flip a switch and it will say how many loaves of bread you can get, etc. This is not very far fetched. What Romney wanted was to return us to a strong country. Personal reliance is what we need to strive for now. Really think about what he is offering.
What Romney wanted was to enrich himself and his wealthy crony friends and fuck everyone else. He had already written off 47% of the country...how the hell can people discount this when they can hear it with their own ears? Stop reading all the negative shit from Faux news and start focusing on the positive things that have happened in the past few years.
Bullwinkle J Moose

Ashland City, TN

#9 Nov 7, 2012
All I can say is thank goodness that there was more than half the country voting with enough smarts to know who the right man was to lead us for the next four years. You can yell and cry all you want but truth be known, 99.9% of you who voted fall into that 47% of folks Romney stated he could not change and had nothing for them. None of us want to admit that we are poor, but even if you an your spose have jobs, you are not more than a few dolars above the poverty level. Be honest how many of you make more than $250,000 a year. I sure don't , not even close. The Republican Party really did not want him but he was the best they had with money and friends who had money. His entire plan was to be elected and take care of the rich.
Tnhawaii girl

United States

#10 Nov 7, 2012
Bullwinkle J Moose wrote:
All I can say is thank goodness that there was more than half the country voting with enough smarts to know who the right man was to lead us for the next four years. You can yell and cry all you want but truth be known, 99.9% of you who voted fall into that 47% of folks Romney stated he could not change and had nothing for them. None of us want to admit that we are poor, but even if you an your spose have jobs, you are not more than a few dolars above the poverty level. Be honest how many of you make more than $250,000 a year. I sure don't , not even close. The Republican Party really did not want him but he was the best they had with money and friends who had money. His entire plan was to be elected and take care of the rich.
. AMEN!!!!!!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#11 Nov 7, 2012
I am a conservative Republican and proud of it. I do not want to be taken care of by another gov't entitlement program such as Soc. Sec., MedicAid or MediCare. Let me have control of the payroll deductions coming from my check...and I will gladly give up all claims to "gov't entitlement payments" today...and I am less than 20 years away from retirement. People need to ask themselves one question: "If Soc. Sec. is such a good thing ...then why do I also need a 401k?" The answer is simple...the payroll tax is such a lucrative cash cow for the "gov't teat suckers" today that they cannot afford to get off the udder.

Give Americans a REAL CHOICE:

A.) Mandatory contribution of a payroll tax that they have NO control over with a future promise of maybe getting some supplemental retirement income before they die...or lose it if they die first.

B.) Mandatory contribution of a payroll pension deduction that is placed in a private account under the financial direction of the citizen (with the same withdrawal conditions of a 401k) and with legal rights to pass the money on as an inheritance.

I bet the results of that election would be a real eye-opener for the "teat suckers" in Washington.

I would like to have the opportunity to provide for myself and my family without gov't intervention. I take responsibility to provide for my family and I do not like being forced to pay for these "gov't teat suckers"...and that includes all of the politicians in Washington...from POTUS on down. The money that was spent on this past election is more than enough to pay the the salaries in Washington...who in their right mind would spend $2Billion to acquire a $400K per year job? Imagine, we could have hired 5000 Presidents for the amount of money spent by Obama and Romney. There is something that just fundamentally STINKS about this whole election process

At this point in my life, I don't really care what party is in charge in Washington or the Statehouses...I just want to see the elected officials DO THEIR JOB!!! America is tired of hearing about this partisan bullcrap that holds up legislation. Filibustering in the Senate is a joke...so Mr. Senator you can phone in your intentions to filibuster...while the country is going down the tubes. The next Senator that uses that tactic should be voted out of office ASAP.

If I learned anything from yesterday's election it was this: It is high time that every American holds the politicians personally accountable to do as they are paid to do...and if not...get rid of them...the earlier the better. NO MORE FREE LUNCHES FOR THE BUREAUCRATS IN WASHINGTON. and ... send the lobbyists and big-time moneychangers home.
really

Bristol, TN

#12 Nov 7, 2012
What I think wrote:
I'm retiring, spending everything I have in my savings and retirement and I'm going to live off the government like the rest of you idiots.
I'm done working my butt off to keep up the lazy hand-outs in this country. If you can't beat em, join em..That's what I've decided to do...Give me my food stamps and my Obama phone and stick me in a section 8 apartment so I can smoke pot and have sex all day with all of the other people too lazy to work.
Peace out!! I'm outta here. And I'm done!!
I'm with ya ! whats the use in tryn to work and have a small business .

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13 Nov 7, 2012
What I think wrote:
I'm retiring, spending everything I have in my savings and retirement and I'm going to live off the government like the rest of you idiots.
I'm done working my butt off to keep up the lazy hand-outs in this country. If you can't beat em, join em..That's what I've decided to do...Give me my food stamps and my Obama phone and stick me in a section 8 apartment so I can smoke pot and have sex all day with all of the other people too lazy to work.
Peace out!! I'm outta here. And I'm done!!
It took you this long to figure that out, I have been doing it for years, it's a great life living off the millionaires.
Watch out
about the sex though, unless your girl will give up custody to her mother so she can draw more social security for the kids you might get jammed up for child support
really

Bristol, TN

#14 Nov 7, 2012
Bullwinkle J Moose wrote:
All I can say is thank goodness that there was more than half the country voting with enough smarts to know who the right man was to lead us for the next four years. You can yell and cry all you want but truth be known, 99.9% of you who voted fall into that 47% of folks Romney stated he could not change and had nothing for them. None of us want to admit that we are poor, but even if you an your spose have jobs, you are not more than a few dolars above the poverty level. Be honest how many of you make more than $250,000 a year. I sure don't , not even close. The Republican Party really did not want him but he was the best they had with money and friends who had money. His entire plan was to be elected and take care of the rich.
I really want to save this topix and in a year or so ....SAY I told you so ! Just wait and see
ccnative

Johnson City, TN

#15 Nov 7, 2012
The post show how people only think about getting that check. Obama only knew how organize protest. He was not qualified to be president. The powers that be are controlling him and he isn't even aware. Romney IS a successful business man. He built his business. I don't think we should hold it against him because he had the drive to be successful. He knows how to run a business and cold have known how to run a country to make it successful.
The 47% comment was taken out of context. Even if it wasn't, he would have worked to get jobs for that 47%. That is what we need. Good jobs, not fast food or retail, but industry, benefits, a future for our children. Try to look beyond what the country can do for you.
If you voted for Obama then you feel for the media's propaganda. Time will tell.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#16 Nov 7, 2012
durrr wrote:
<quoted text>
What Romney wanted was to enrich himself and his wealthy crony friends ... He had already written off 47% of the country...how the hell can people discount this when they can hear it with their own ears? Stop reading all the negative shit from Faux news and start focusing on the positive things that have happened in the past few years.
Let me see, I am still trying to think of something positive...kind of hard to do since my health insurance premiums went UP in 2010...when ObummaCare was forced on the American people...and so now I have had to take LESS coverage at HIGHER deductibles with a HIGHER premium payment...so that I can help pay for someone to have BETTER coverage than I have. YEP...I really feel good about that.

Where do you think that Obama raised $1Billion to run his campaign? He got his money from the same group of people that Romney got his...that would be the "other" 47% of the people who pay taxes.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#17 Nov 7, 2012
ccnative wrote:
The post show how people only think about getting that check. Obama only knew how organize protest. He was not qualified to be president. The powers that be are controlling him and he isn't even aware. Romney IS a successful business man. He built his business. I don't think we should hold it against him because he had the drive to be successful. He knows how to run a business and cold have known how to run a country to make it successful.
The 47% comment was taken out of context. Even if it wasn't, he would have worked to get jobs for that 47%. That is what we need. Good jobs, not fast food or retail, but industry, benefits, a future for our children. Try to look beyond what the country can do for you.
If you voted for Obama then you feel for the media's propaganda. Time will tell.
Quit your whining and get behind your president, he is a decent honest man.
Im sure if he had dirt the right would have found it by now

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#18 Nov 7, 2012
Knows wrote:
Sweet..can I come live with you?
It's a wonderful life. Knowing your check is coming and not having to bust your ass for min wage and if you have any stamps left over you can sell them to republicans to by beer and ciggs

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#19 Nov 7, 2012
Bullwinkle J Moose wrote:
... You can yell and cry all you want but truth be known, 99.9% of you who voted fall into that 47% of folks Romney stated he could not change and had nothing for them...
I voted for Romney and I am happy to say that I am in the "other" 47% that works and pays taxes that supports deadbeats that do not deserve their gov't check...and no, I do not make over $250K per year. Most of my family voted the same way...so your "99.9%" does not hold water.

As I have said in other posts, I want to see some effort coming out of Washington...from both Dems and Repubs alike...otherwise the mid-term elections in 2014 is going to send some bums home for good.
ccnative

Johnson City, TN

#20 Nov 7, 2012
I am behind my country. Obama is not my president and never will be. Listen to Glenn Beck. He tells it like it is. I want our country to survive. I am not sure it can for four more years.
I believe in separation of church and state to protect the church, not the state. Freedom is what I believe in. I support everyone's right.
Boehner just said it" We are ready to be led." Now Obama needs to led and get off his power trip.
I believe the government is not there to support people, but to take care of my rights.
When a people realizes they can vote themselves money, that is the end of that country. A quote from many years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The animal shelter "trafficking" 17 hr Your Momma 57
Putting real names with comments. 23 hr voter 98
Declining population: Carter County school syst... Sat Books 3
Kelly Lee Worley POS wanna be fire fighter Avoc... Sat Xak 6
West Mill Street Resident (Aug '08) May 18 Dee 164
Jessica Kantsos May 16 Getgoing 1
Bonnie kate May 16 Duh 9

Elizabethton Jobs

Personal Finance

Elizabethton Mortgages