of 13
Next Last
Hummm

Elizabethton, TN

#243 Jun 15, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Davis' mother sounds off about school situation

Editor:

I recently had reason to attend two Elizabethton City School Board meetings and was appalled by the behaviors I observed. I could not believe the rudeness of certain board members, not only directed toward Mrs. Armstrong and Mrs. Baker, but toward the concerned parents and citizens who were in attendance. This obvious lack of integrity and basic respect was shocking and unacceptable.

I was present to gain answers as to why Tim Davis, a teacher and coach, was not rehired, even though his evaluations and conduct were rated exemplary.(The question remains unanswered.) Mr. Davis believes that there is more to teaching than just presenting the textbook curriculum. He desires to creatively challenge students to think for themselves both in the classroom and in real life situations. Mr. Davis loved teaching U.S. history at T.A. Dugger Junior High and took pride in giving his all each and every day. Positively motivating young are his gift and passion.

I am certain that God has a plan for this outstanding man to continue his career in another school system or perhaps take him in a different direction. It is too bad that the children of Elizabethton will not benefit from the influence of Mr. Davis' teaching, because the "powers that be" have created an environment based on fear.

My appreciation goes out to all the students, parents, educators and citizens who are interested in what is best for the school system supporting this fine teacher. Thank you for allowing me to sound off about this situation; after all, I am the most qualified person to speak about Mr. Davis as I have known him his entire life.

Sincerely,

Shirl Davis

(Proud mother of Tim Davis)

jimbob

Kingsport, TN

#244 Jun 16, 2010
Recall them all, Kim, Reta, and cooter. Clean the system while we can. The reason from Randy Little stated was that everything was a big misunderstanding but Alexander had something in for Tim. The day they had the big press conference after school on the field for the new turf, Davis was told by Little to wear a shirt and tie, however Davis had planed to do a reenactment for the kids and dressed as a rebel that day. When Little saw this he called Alexander and Ed got his panties in a wad. No one talked to Davis they just assumed he was disobeying the orders form headquarters and Alexander ran over to Davisís classroom and pulled him away from his teaching duties leaving the kids un attended, to find out why he was not in proper Press attire. Davis told Ed that he had his shirt and tie in his car to change for the Press Conference and would not go out there looking like a rebel and had Randy Little bothered to talk to him that day he could have found that out. Thatís why Alexander will not talk about it, it was stupid. Why have none of the three board members ever talked to Davis about it? What a way to lose a great teacher over someone that was evaluated by 3 former highly trained School Directors that determined the man was no longer fit to run a High School and these three idiot board members thinks he can run a whole system. Vote Them Out During the Recall.
JMR

Johnson City, TN

#245 Jun 16, 2010
Mr. Alexander,
I supported you during you reassignment several years ago, because I knew what was happening was wrong, wrong, wrong! Now, I think it is time for you to go. Pack your bags. Go home.
EdwinNutso

Lenoir City, TN

#246 Jun 16, 2010
Ed is a nutcase. Ask anyone who has had to work with or for him. They will tell you he is nuts.
Bulldog Blue

Bristol, TN

#247 Jun 18, 2010
Hummm wrote:
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Davis' mother sounds off about school situation
Editor:
I recently had reason to attend two Elizabethton City School Board meetings and was appalled by the behaviors I observed. I could not believe the rudeness of certain board members, not only directed toward Mrs. Armstrong and Mrs. Baker, but toward the concerned parents and citizens who were in attendance. This obvious lack of integrity and basic respect was shocking and unacceptable.
I was present to gain answers as to why Tim Davis, a teacher and coach, was not rehired, even though his evaluations and conduct were rated exemplary.(The question remains unanswered.) Mr. Davis believes that there is more to teaching than just presenting the textbook curriculum. He desires to creatively challenge students to think for themselves both in the classroom and in real life situations. Mr. Davis loved teaching U.S. history at T.A. Dugger Junior High and took pride in giving his all each and every day. Positively motivating young are his gift and passion.
I am certain that God has a plan for this outstanding man to continue his career in another school system or perhaps take him in a different direction. It is too bad that the children of Elizabethton will not benefit from the influence of Mr. Davis' teaching, because the "powers that be" have created an environment based on fear.
My appreciation goes out to all the students, parents, educators and citizens who are interested in what is best for the school system supporting this fine teacher. Thank you for allowing me to sound off about this situation; after all, I am the most qualified person to speak about Mr. Davis as I have known him his entire life.
Sincerely,
Shirl Davis
(Proud mother of Tim Davis)
A mom always knows the heart of her son. In this case she is not mistaken. Tim is a fine man and will be an asset to another school system or whatever he may chooses. He represented what parents want a teacher to do:Teach subject matter and be a god example to the students. I will never say the pledge to the flag again without thinking about what he did while at TA D. I wish him the best of luck and he will LAND ON HIS FEET just like all of us that once were in Bulldog Blue. God bless you Tim Davis and keep your head up high.
No More

Johnson City, TN

#248 Jun 21, 2010
Why would Little call ECA over something that small. But if you know anything about the folks involved, this is not surprising. Can't go to the bathroom with out permission. This is in charge of 500 kids and 100 employees. That is what is scary. I have heard this may have had something to do with Cooters daughter, i believe she goes to TAD. I do not know if this is true. Hopefully after Mr. Davis gets a job he will state the real reason why he was terminated. The folks in charge are all story twisters for there convenience. Truth will never come out if it is left to them.
wowhiimfunny

Bristol, VA

#249 Oct 19, 2010
Well,yes,i know the true story behind the teacher being fired.i was in my sixth grade year when he was fired,but i am now in 7th grade.anyways,here's the story: first he wanted to but cheaper "sod" or whatever grass stuff they put on the school football fields.but what we currently had was pricier but safer.and when he said something to try to buy the cheaper stuff, the Super-Intendent Mr.Alexander said no.and then on a day of school he told his students to wear camo the next day as a participation grade,and if u didnt want to you had to do some work.i think they were doing something that they needed to use camo to do,idk.anyways,one of the students complained to the school board saying "he MADE us wear camo." so about 99% of kids thought this was ridiculous,right,and we signed petitions and stood outside with signs saying "honk for Davis!" in front of the school.the students standing in the rode got ISS (in school suspension) so,it was like this for about a week.then on friday the petitions came around.then the next week on monday almost everyone wore camo,symbolizing his not getting re-hired. and through that whole week,people protested,got people to sign petitions,and held up signs in front of the school saying things like "Honk for Davis!", or "Mr.Davis rocks!" but when everyone thinks he got fired,its not exactly like that.there was a girl in my last year homeroom class who's mom was a teacher.she said her mom said that he wasn't fired,he just wasn't re-hired,and that there was a difference.and at my first year of T.A Dugger,I am proud to say that my school made it in the paper and in the book of T.A Dugger's history. this is the school my father went to,and he knew some of the teachers i know now.my homeroom teacher last year was both of our Reading/Language teachers.she wasn't his homeroom teacher,but was one of his teachers.what i am trying to say here is is that T.A.Dugger has some of the best education and best teachers there are.
class of 06

Kingsport, TN

#250 Oct 20, 2010
concerned3 wrote:
In regards to concerned2 with mention of Mr. Berry. I agree that he doesn.t deserve tenure. I personally don't think he even needs to be "teaching" our children. Instead of my son getting bullied by peers he gets bullied by 2 teachers at TAD one of which is Mr.Berry. The other is Mr. Oakley. TAD needs more teachers like Mr.Davis that make children want to go to school and are passionate about our childrens future!!!!!
John Oakley is one of the greatest teachers i have ever had out of elementary, middle school, high school, and college. I am blessed to have met the man.
Questions

Johnson City, TN

#251 Oct 20, 2010
concerned3 wrote:
In regards to concerned2 with mention of Mr. Berry. I agree that he doesn.t deserve tenure. I personally don't think he even needs to be "teaching" our children. Instead of my son getting bullied by peers he gets bullied by 2 teachers at TAD one of which is Mr.Berry. The other is Mr. Oakley. TAD needs more teachers like Mr.Davis that make children want to go to school and are passionate about our childrens future!!!!!
How are these teachers being a bully to your child?
Just_Joking

Chatsworth, GA

#252 Oct 25, 2010
hv fan wrote:
Mr. Davis HV is looking for a history teacher and football coach and we would be more then happy to have another awesome teacher a coach come to HV from the city...maybe one day city school system would realize what they r losing
I agree. But coach Shively is a great coach too
Blessed

Kingsport, TN

#253 Oct 25, 2010
I still think quite frequently of what a shame it is of how Tim Davis was treated. My niece had him at TA Dugger and he is her HERO! She is a 4.0 student and has been since kindergarten and she says the Tim Davis is by far one of the greatest teachers she has ever had and one of the greatest me she has ever known. It is not that often you hear something like that from a kid in 10th grade. It is most definitely Elizabethton City Schools loss when they chose to get rid of this fantastic man. I know great things are ahead for Tim Davis and he will gain success wherever he goes.
It is a sad day when a school system gets rid of an awesome educator, role model and influence that any parent would desire for their child to be around on a daily basis!
No More

Johnson City, TN

#254 Oct 25, 2010
ECA's company is a joke, he owns it the school system it is his to do with as he wants. No one has any say so but him, he is the alpha and the omega of schools. It is ashamed that the kids are the ones that ultimately suffer. But when in Eliz. as long as the few are happy the many that do not count it does not matter about them.
noneya

Johnson City, TN

#255 Nov 28, 2012
First of all how a punk like josh wandell became principal I'll never know that tells me that anyone with no morals can b over a school. I feel sorry for the students. Wouldn't want that ugly adulter over my child. If he'll cheat with a shanky teacher when he had a beautiful family what's he gonna do next.
noneya

Johnson City, TN

#256 Nov 28, 2012
summer wrote:
Is posting in the Elizabethton Forum just a lot of people running their tongue, or is this the way to a good end. We need to make sure that we get rid of Edwin C. Alexander and the three henchmen that support his evil and selfish ways. He is absolutely the puppet master to the principles at the elementery schools, specifically East Side Elementery principle Josh Wandell. Look at the injustice they did to Amy Moore. What they did to her over a period of one year was criminal.
what a joke. Josh wandell that is. He's nothing but a cheating punk. All for a skanky looking hooch.
noneya

Johnson City, TN

#257 Nov 28, 2012
Confused wrote:
Why do some people in this system get away with everything and anyone who crosses Ed gets the ax. I have heard of teachers leaving school, having affairs with co-workers, on and on. I guess there is a chosen few....who can do whatever they want it is all who you know
u got that right. Principals like josh wandell cheating with teacher he's in charge of. Haha what a catch she was by the way. They belong together. Just pray they don't breed lol

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#258 Nov 28, 2012
noneya wrote:
<quoted text>what a joke. Josh wandell that is. He's nothing but a cheating punk. All for a skanky looking hooch.
Hopefully his grammar is better than yours. Glad the citizens of Elizabethton are still more worried about others than themselves.
mother

United States

#259 Nov 28, 2012
Ok I have to disagree with the bashing of Mr Wandell. My child is a student at East Side and in the yrs he's been there, I have gained nothing but the utmost respect for wandell. I don't really care what he does in his personal life, all I care about is the person he is at school and the good things he has done. My child absolutely loves him and I know wandell wld do anything (and has) for any of those kids at the elem. Until you have something to say about how he is as a principal and over east side and you have personally seen how he treats the kids and that they respect him in return, then the rest is none of your business and I frankly don't care!!!! So keep ur trap shut bc there aren't very many people left in this world that could do what he does everyday, and go out of their way to do the things that he does!!!!!!!!!!
mmmmmm

Kingsport, TN

#260 Dec 2, 2012
Go see how some of these people act/react in the school board meetings...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Still no horses allowed the Tweetsie Trail (Aug '14) 4 hr HorseSense 74
Cheating in chat rooms/ wrong or right (Jan '13) 6 hr Family Man 25
RIP Dr perry 6 hr God be with Perry... 2
dr perry (Oct '10) 6 hr God be with Perry... 210
just wondering 9 hr wondering 6
josh guess (Jan '13) 16 hr Carter Co Is Trash 5
Common core and islam Sun Funny 53
Elizabethton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web