TA Dugger Teacher Mr. Davis
No More

Jonesborough, TN

#203 May 31, 2010
Jackie you evidently do not know the people involved. No one does anything without ECA's go ahead no one, board members included. Everything in the whole system is done as he wills it to be; he is omnipotent. The alpha and omega the beginning and the end, all seeing and all powerful. Get the meaning!!!!!!! OZ and god all in one. Cooter and the blind B'S are the munchkins.
Alexander needs to Go

Johnson City, TN

#204 May 31, 2010
nobodyneedstoknow wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI...Rita BOoher is the younger female board member. She works at Milligan COllege, she is a college graduate, a mother and wife. She is an EXCELLENT role model for women. Have you not ever seen COnnie Baker sleeping at most meetings? you shouldn't even compare her to them. and by the way, she doesn't "get her nails - done" anyway..... she probably was just so embarrassed by how our community is acting. i don't think ANYONE would suit you as a board member. leave rita alone. she is one of the most awesome people i know
The community isn't ACTING!!! They are positively outraged! Just because someone has a job and a family doesn't mean that they have a conscience. She voted the same way the other 2 liars did! Or did you miss that part of the meeting??
jimbob

Kingsport, TN

#205 Jun 1, 2010
does anyone know when the Davis meeting is or where you can sign the recall petition?
Justified

Johnson City, TN

#206 Jun 1, 2010
nobodyneedstoknow wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI...Rita BOoher is the younger female board member. She works at Milligan COllege, she is a college graduate, a mother and wife. She is an EXCELLENT role model for women. Have you not ever seen COnnie Baker sleeping at most meetings? you shouldn't even compare her to them. and by the way, she doesn't "get her nails - done" anyway..... she probably was just so embarrassed by how our community is acting. i don't think ANYONE would suit you as a board member. leave rita alone. she is one of the most awesome people i know
booher is a joke! If SHE is one of the nicest people you know....you are limited! Open your horizons! Booher is a complete joke!~
summer

Kingsport, TN

#207 Jun 1, 2010
Is posting in the Elizabethton Forum just a lot of people running their tongue, or is this the way to a good end. We need to make sure that we get rid of Edwin C. Alexander and the three henchmen that support his evil and selfish ways. He is absolutely the puppet master to the principles at the elementery schools, specifically East Side Elementery principle Josh Wandell. Look at the injustice they did to Amy Moore. What they did to her over a period of one year was criminal.
EdtheDictator

Sweetwater, TN

#208 Jun 1, 2010
Ed is a dictator who will stop at nothing to get what he wants, all in the name of the good of the system. He is a power craved little man who is very dangerous. Cross him or challenge him and he will get you by hook or crook. If he really cares a tinkers damn about the school system he would take his gold watch and retire. NOW.
wingding

Kingsport, TN

#209 Jun 4, 2010
alexanderneedstogo wrote:
The community is not acting, they are outraged.
Well it seem's to me that is not the case, it has been 3 day's without any writings.
How soon we forget. I wish I were in a position to keep the re-call election going but I live in the county. Someone please step up.
jimbob

Cookeville, TN

#210 Jun 4, 2010
No the community is outraged and will not stop fighting for coach Davis. Steve Grindstaff has picked up the recall papers and you can sign at his dealership.
wondering

Johnson City, TN

#211 Jun 5, 2010
What happened with Amy moore?
justsayin

Tioga, ND

#212 Jun 5, 2010
summer wrote:
Is posting in the Elizabethton Forum just a lot of people running their tongue, or is this the way to a good end. We need to make sure that we get rid of Edwin C. Alexander and the three henchmen that support his evil and selfish ways. He is absolutely the puppet master to the principles at the elementery schools, specifically East Side Elementery principle Josh Wandell. Look at the injustice they did to Amy Moore. What they did to her over a period of one year was criminal.
although everything being posted about the adminisration is correct, the moore family got what they deserved! evil always follows evil
Moore Friends

Kingsport, TN

#213 Jun 5, 2010
justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
although everything being posted about the adminisration is correct, the moore family got what they deserved! evil always follows evil
Shame on you!
justsayin

Sioux Falls, SD

#214 Jun 6, 2010
only speaking the truth, karma is real! wish it weren't so the evil people do but unfortunately it is. it is a shame like you say, but the shame is that people do not think that evil will catch up to them. hopefully they can take this lesson and change.
Moore Friends wrote:
<quoted text>Shame on you!
Old Drunk

Johnson City, TN

#215 Jun 6, 2010
I bet old "Roper" is keeping tabs on this matter.
wat up

Lincoln, NE

#216 Jun 7, 2010
these two teachers are not in the same league. Davis loves children and loves to teach!
save davis and moore wrote:
<quoted text>She can not dare say anything for fear her husband will be fired. He still works at the high school and is also a good teacher. Let get the recall started and stop this drama once and for all. There are only two board members that are really looking out for the teachers and the students that is Armstrong and Baker the rest need to go.
still hopeful

Johnson City, TN

#217 Jun 8, 2010
The meeting regarding Davis is scheduled for June 10, 2010 at 4:30p.m., in the Board Room at the Central Offices of Elizabethton City Schools. Petitions are available at Grindstaff dealership and the Blue Circle. No, we haven't forgotten!!
crazy

Kingsport, TN

#218 Jun 8, 2010
About time!!
Alexander needs to Go

Johnson City, TN

#219 Jun 8, 2010
still hopeful wrote:
The meeting regarding Davis is scheduled for June 10, 2010 at 4:30p.m., in the Board Room at the Central Offices of Elizabethton City Schools. Petitions are available at Grindstaff dealership and the Blue Circle. No, we haven't forgotten!!
Where is the petition to recall the 3 Board Members? It isn't at Grindstaffs' or Blue Circle. How do we get that started??? They won't change their votes but we can sure change our votes for them to sit on the school board!!!And then get rid of Alexander before this happens to someone else...AND IT WILL!!!If anyone knows how to start this, we all need to know!! Those 3 and Ed need to go NOW!!

Since: Apr 09

Kingsport, TN

#220 Jun 9, 2010
Alexander needs to Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the petition to recall the 3 Board Members? It isn't at Grindstaffs' or Blue Circle. How do we get that started??? They won't change their votes but we can sure change our votes for them to sit on the school board!!!And then get rid of Alexander before this happens to someone else...AND IT WILL!!!If anyone knows how to start this, we all need to know!! Those 3 and Ed need to go NOW!!
You need to contact the election commission and they will give you the details. From what I understand it is a long process involving approval from the state election commission. I personally don't think a recall will get much support since the last recall election resulted in the election of Booher and Birchfield and ultimately Mr. Alexander becoming the Director of ECC. Booher and Birchfield are up for reelection in November, I'm not sure when the other three have to run, but that is something you can find out from the local election commission. Just remember Mr. Alexander's contract is up in September and Booher has already stated that she is in favor of a new two year contract. That is another reason a recall petition will not work because it most likely can't be put in motion before the November election, which would probably be too late.
crazy

Knoxville, TN

#221 Jun 10, 2010
Matt Cooter is SO disrespectful!! He needs to go, along with Booher and Alexander! THEY ARE PATHETIC!!!!!!
still hopeful

Johnson City, TN

#222 Jun 10, 2010
Group votes to fire T.A. Dugger teacher
By John Thompson
Elizabethton Bureau Chief
[email protected]

ELIZABETHTON — By a 4-1 vote on Thursday afternoon, the Elizabethton City School Board approved the minutes of its April 15 meeting. Those minutes included a correction of the March minutes to remove T.A. Dugger teacher Tim Davis from a list of teachers to receive tenure and placed him on the list of teachers not to be rehired next school year.

The board then considered a motion made by Board member Catherine Armstrong last month to amend the April minutes to delete the correction, which would have effectively left Davis on the list of newly tenured teachers. Her motion was defeated by a 3-2 vote, with Connie Baker voting with Armstrong.

The board’s action disappointed a group of about 20 Davis supporters who attended the meeting, including his wife, Kim.

Mrs. Davis spoke before the vote was taken, saying there is nothing in his personnel file that indicated a problem. She said teaching “is my husband’s passion,” and asked the board to reconsider the decision not to rehire him.

Board member Catherine Armstrong was the only member to vote against approval of the minutes and expressed her desire to retain Davis.

“The thing I am upset about is he is so good, so strong.... The children love him,” Armstrong said.

Chairman Matt Cooter said there was an error made in March when Davis was placed on the tenured list. Although he had been tenured previously in Sullivan County, Cooter said Davis had only completed 25 of the state-mandated 27 months’ probationary period in Elizabethton.

Armstrong said the same law makes an exception for previously tenured teachers if the director of schools or superintendent received a recommendation from the school district where the teacher was previously tenured.

She asked why Superintendent Ed Alexander did not get the recommendation and waive the two months so that “we don’t lose a good teacher.”

Cooter said the board’s attorneys said the federal Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals has held that the state’s law specifically requires that the director of schools make the recommendation to the board to shorten tenure. Cooter said Superintendent Ed Alexander had not made that recommendation. For the board to act without the superintendent’s recommendation would be a violation of the law.

At another point in the meeting, Alexander was asked about his reasons for not recommending Davis. Alexander said he would provide the information to any board member who asked for it. A member of the audience asked if he would give the reason.

“I can share it with board members, but I can’t discuss it in a public meeting,” Alexander said.

Following the meeting, Mrs. Davis said she was disappointed and felt the meeting was “just politics” and was very unfair to her husband.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Manager 4 hr Cow Town 20
L M Gringstaff taking Mathes to court ! (May '13) 5 hr BigGurlzCryToo 105
John Robinson and Melinda Buchanan 7 hr Who doesnt know 115
girls that have had a threesome (Jun '13) 11 hr bob 100
Proof Of Stalking In Cowtown Thu Blinky 6
Elizabethton Police Dept. (May '09) Thu Elvis 182
Ben Cole High Speed Chase (Jul '13) Thu Helter Skelter 12

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance