Johnson City, TN

#1 Nov 29, 2012
We need to examine why Obama got re-elected, I think most of it is because of the wide disparity between the rich and the poor. The poor are outnumbering the rich and there really is no good reason for this. I think that it is a crime that CEO's and managers of major corporations make millions of dollars a year while they only hire part-time at minimum wage. Why can't they hire full time at a decent livable wage? Their obsession with making more and more money at the expense of their workers is killing this country. I goes against the Bible, in Jeremiah the Lord tells Jeremiah to give the workers their rightful wages. Worship of money is the root of all evil and I believe the way many larger business behave towards their workers is evil. When the minimum wage is raised, corporations raise their prices so they can keep their inflated margins. This results in people actually getting less for their dollar and it really hurts those of us on a fixed income. Greed is hurting the nation and the indifference show towards the working class will sooner or later come back and bite those responsible in the butt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayflower Returning! 2 hr Deb 1
Leon Humped 6 hr TMZzzz 12
Gary Hicks sycamore drivein 10 hr Salein cars 78
Mary woods 15 hr dr pepper 20
Who will be Sheriff 22 hr What a joke 151
Hampton Elementary School Aid bullying a child ... Mon vicky 10
3 Word Game (Oct '12) Sun winner 8

Elizabethton Jobs

Personal Finance

Elizabethton Mortgages