Elizabethton Cyclone Baseball

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tombstone

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Jan 10, 2009
How are the cyclones looking for the 2009 baseball season? Who are going to be the key leaders on the team? Will they even be able to get past a team like, West Greene, who put them out in the first round last year?
tenbucktwo

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jan 10, 2009
they miss coach Payne terribly.
Seventeen

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Jan 10, 2009
They are not in the same league as the Happy Valley Warriors.
buckmaster

Kingsport, TN

#4 Jan 14, 2009
well being that the cyclones beat Happy Valley last year 18-2, that is probably not likely. there is a big hype every year that happy valley "might" beat the cyclones, but it isn't happening! the happy valley warriors will always be the same .500 avg. team. they may get worse, but not better..... atleast for awhile. and don't even get me started on Unaka... bless their heart.
Seventeen

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Jan 14, 2009
Happy Valley Baseball has put together one of the best coaching staffs in the region. The Elizabethton Cyclone Program is going down hill. The Warriors advanced to the regional tournament last season and Elizabethton was knocked out of the district tournament in the first game!!
No More

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Jan 14, 2009
Elizabethton sports as a whole is going down hill. The school has gone way down hill and will continue that direction as long as the people who are in charge are allowed to stay there. Shawn Witten will be a good coach, but not at betsy, the baseball team will be ok, but not very good, basketball can not beat anyone who is any good at all. Elizabethton has the worst coaching staff of any school in our area, that has had as much past success as they have had. It is bad in cow town, real bad.
Demo

Kingsport, TN

#7 Jan 14, 2009
Buckmaster you might want to be careful about Unaka. We played them last year and they have almost the entire team returning.
It won't be 18-2 this year.

B
buckmaster wrote:
well being that the cyclones beat Happy Valley last year 18-2, that is probably not likely. there is a big hype every year that happy valley "might" beat the cyclones, but it isn't happening! the happy valley warriors will always be the same .500 avg. team. they may get worse, but not better..... atleast for awhile. and don't even get me started on Unaka... bless their heart.
Christian

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Jan 15, 2009
Seventeen wrote:
Happy Valley Baseball has put together one of the best coaching staffs in the region. The Elizabethton Cyclone Program is going down hill. The Warriors advanced to the regional tournament last season and Elizabethton was knocked out of the district tournament in the first game!!
It is all nice and dandy, but how many kids actually move on to the next level. Very few because they are most likely academically ineligible. Its like ab bunch of apes, you can all teach them to scratch their butt at the same time but they are really useless for anything else. Just a piece of advice, smart kids make better athletes than dumb ones. By the way how are their test scores on the recent TCAP's and gateways?
Christian

Jonesborough, TN

#9 Jan 15, 2009
No More wrote:
Elizabethton sports as a whole is going down hill. The school has gone way down hill and will continue that direction as long as the people who are in charge are allowed to stay there. Shawn Witten will be a good coach, but not at betsy, the baseball team will be ok, but not very good, basketball can not beat anyone who is any good at all. Elizabethton has the worst coaching staff of any school in our area, that has had as much past success as they have had. It is bad in cow town, real bad.
But they have a 100% graduation rate, unlike any of the Carter County schools. And last time I checked they were a eduactional facility, not a sports facility.
Seventeen

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Jan 16, 2009
Happy Valley beat Elizabethton in basketball on Friday night.
Romanov Writer

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jan 21, 2009
Shawn Witten is a great guy, isn't he? We are lucky to have him.
cyclone fan

Johnson City, TN

#12 Jan 31, 2009
I think Elizabethton is going to do great this year in baseball!

“What!?”

Since: Nov 07

Where I grew up

#13 Jan 31, 2009
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
But they have a 100% graduation rate, unlike any of the Carter County schools. And last time I checked they were a eduactional facility, not a sports facility.
They're both, Christian. There are alot of kids who leave EHS & go on to play some sport in college--cheerleaders included. I know more than a handful of girls & guys who have been able to leave this area with both a hard-earned diploma & sports scholarship. Elizabethton city schools don't have the problems that county ones do (we all know why) therefore I have gladly paid tuition for the past nine years.
Comment

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Feb 1, 2009
Happy Valley Warrior Baseball is about to turn into a powerhouse!!
cyclone fan

Johnson City, TN

#15 Feb 4, 2009
Comment wrote:
Happy Valley Warrior Baseball is about to turn into a powerhouse!!
And you are crazy too!
thirty pieces of silver

Kingsport, TN

#16 Feb 4, 2009
Coach Nix is a good coach and will have the boys ready to go. As Elizabethton drops down to 2A or 3A where they should be playing based on their attendance they should do great. It's hard to pull players from 650 student's vs schools like Science Hill and DB with close to 2000. Coach Witten has more dedication than any coach I have seen in this town. He not only comes to the High School games he is at every TA Dugger Middle School game and on most Saturdays he is at the football field watching the flag to Pee Wee kids play. The High School basketball team is doing great with the players they have. They are at the top of their league. The TA Dugger Basketball teams are having a great year coming in second only to Science Hill in the conference and area games and both the boys and girls teams will be going to play in the Sectional Tournament in Gatlinburg this weekend for the first time ever. That is as high as middle school can go in Tennessee.
Comment

Jonesborough, TN

#17 Feb 4, 2009
cyclone fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are crazy too!
Just watch!!!!
Cyclone

Ringgold, GA

#18 Mar 8, 2009
How about football? I mean we are dropping down a confrence i think we will win state this upcoming season. We will have a great senior class with taylor hodge, cody forbes, and ryan thomas. But who will play tight end?
Cyclone fan

Kingsport, TN

#19 Mar 16, 2009
Jake Davis would be a good choice. He is a good Def End and could go both ways, there is a upcoming freshman Kaleb Walters that rushed for alot of yards at TAD last year, tall, fast, good blocker could see some time there.
HHS85

Kingsport, TN

#20 Mar 17, 2009
Cyclone yes Elizabethton is dropping down. They want to win don't they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Robinson and Melinda Buchanan 40 min Michael Buchanan 84
Should I be given weekend Jail instead of all a... (Sep '08) 1 hr Stanley 96
Moving to Elizabethton, TN (Jan '10) 3 hr Mel 34
Prayer Circle at EHS (Sep '14) 10 hr Johnny 143
looking for todd (Aug '14) 12 hr Wondering 2
lonestar closeing 19 hr bobby 1
Woman that walks thru town. (May '15) 20 hr Lee 100

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance