What is going on at the Elizabethton ...

What is going on at the Elizabethton Water Department??

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sassy

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Jul 29, 2010
Why is everyone quitting?
friend

Lebanon, TN

#2 Jul 29, 2010
Probably cause of Larry Clark and Jennifer Murphy!
tommy

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jul 31, 2010
or could it be that if they are not kissing butt they will get fired so why not quit cause they wont get unemployment unless its a relative of someone that needs their butt kissed. Oh, my bad, if it was a relative they don't have anything to worry about other than when its their turn to move up the later. I use to think jm was a great person but since she got this position she is in shes let the bunnies shake her head and her head swelled. oh well, it will catch up to her and she will have headaches
Kegger

Johnson City, TN

#4 Aug 5, 2010
The story I got was some of them paved an employee's driveway, who lived in the county, with city asphalt on city time. Is that how the citizens of Elizabethton want their tax dollars spent? I was told by one of the ex-employees. And none of those employees had JM as a boss. I don't know about LC. I was also told LC has dumped all this crap on JM and is letting her do his dirty work. I feel sorry for her.
friend

Lebanon, TN

#5 Aug 5, 2010
Dont feel sorry for either one of them.They ar both 2 faced!!!!!
bonnie

Sevierville, TN

#6 Aug 6, 2010
Most of them act like their doing you a favor when you go in to pay your bill. NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY AT ALL. I've had to speak with JM once or twice and she is about the most condesending person I know. Don't know how she is to work with, but by just speaking to her on the phone, I wouldn't want to work there.
oh my

Johnson City, TN

#7 Aug 6, 2010
I cant believe people write this crap they really dont have a clue!
tommy

Johnson City, TN

#8 Aug 10, 2010
Oh but let Danny Hilbert do something for himself on city time or take something from the city such as maybe some dirt or gravel.....I bet he doesn't get fired. Lets all vote (if we could- lets pretend)for the next city manager shall we.
Concerned Citizen

Johnson City, TN

#9 Aug 11, 2010
Why are you bringing Mr. Hilbert into this? Mr. Hilbert is one of the most honest people that you will ever meet. He worked for the EPD for over 28 years and is now the manager of the Street department. He has never stole anything from the city such as dirt or gravel as you are saying and if he has something personal to do, it is done on his own time, not the cities.
tommy

Johnson City, TN

#10 Aug 11, 2010
It is being brought up because someone mentioned some employees getting fired for paving a drive way. And right, such an honest man that he used the city vehicle to pick up his daughter from school. Try again.
Concerned Citizen

Ringgold, GA

#11 Aug 11, 2010
His daughter has rode in the city vehicle with her father when it was job shadowing day. His sister-n-law and in-laws did most of the transportation of her to and from school. What is the problem that you have with him?
tommy

Johnson City, TN

#12 Aug 12, 2010
job shadowing? come on buddy you can do better than that. Even so, she should have not been in the city vehicle. and it was alot more than just one day a year. The problem? No problem. Point is that he is no better than the rest and yes he does things he shouldnt do but did or does he get fired? But he will go out of his way to see it that someone else will.
Concerned Citizen

Johnson City, TN

#13 Aug 12, 2010
Let's be honest with each other, sounds like you are out to get him, has he done something to you and that's why you are pointing fingers? Job shadowing, yes, and that was a once in a year thing. You need to open your eyes as there was other employees that either dropped off their children and picked them up from school in a city vehicle. Have you ever thought maybe there was a bad snow and the roads were slick (there were other city employees not just Danny Hilbert) would you rather their children be safe or their spouses pick them up and have a wreck and someone loose their life. Why on earth are you bringing this up now as this was over 8+ years ago. As for the people in the Water Dept, he was not aware until it was over and felt very bad for the people who lost their jobs, especially one that had been employeed with the city for many years. Several years ago when he worked for the EPD and some people lost their jobs over stealing from the impounded cars. He was told this by another officer who has retired and told him he needed to take care of this ASAP. He went to the previous City Manager and pleaded for their jobs not to be lost but the City Manager saw otherwise. Are you perfect, do you not make mistakes? He is in no way perfect and has and will continue to make mistakes, he's human just like anyone else. He goes out of his way to see that someone will loose their job, NOT! He's no better than anyone and should he do wrong that requires him loosing his job, then he should. He does not go out of his way to see that people loose their jobs. That is what is wrong with this world today, we are always pointing our fingers at someone else and their mistakes instead of looking at our own.
tommy

Johnson City, TN

#14 Aug 13, 2010
ok, lets be honest...no, Hilbert has done nothing to me. But it turns my stomach when people does not practic what they preech. Begging for those boys jobs back. Who are you kidding? He bragged about it so don't be playing this hes so sad and upset over it crap. How many people has gotten fired since he has been in the street dept? And, no all was for good reason either. I didn't say anyone was perfect and I never said he went out of his way to see someone lose their job but that sounds about right any how.
tapas

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Aug 13, 2010
I don't know hilbert, but,,,,,,if he was to be involved in an auto accident in a city vehicle with someone riding with him that was not concerning city business, then the city would be liable. Government employees feel very entitled. They think that it is ok to do this or that because they feel like their government check should be bigger or whatever. Government employees should be limited to the number of years that they can be on the government payroll. Seeing someone who was in the EPD or city service for 20 or more years doesn't show initiative. It shows somebody who is probably not motivated and likes getting that steady government check. They all need to be in the real world where their pay is directly based on their performance.

Since: Nov 08

Johnson City, TN

#16 Aug 13, 2010
Its not only the city employees who feel entitled .A prison guard who lives close by seems to think its all right for him and his friends to speed in the state ouned trucks . I am waiting for them to slow down enough to get a number.
the ratz

Cleveland, TN

#17 Aug 27, 2010
ok ! there was pavement put down on an employees driveway but it wasnt paved. there might have been enough to fill a wheel barrell and the driveway just happens to be a right away to a city water blow off. it just happens to be the driveway of one of the most honest men that lives. he wouldnt steal from the city or anyone for that matter. the crocked ppl that you need to watch is the big fine ppl that "run"this town. try looking at the city manager or teresa nidiffer. i heard that big t drives a city vehicle to church and everywhere that she goes. im pretty sure that is city property and city gas. i personally dont want to provide her with a vehicle and gas. our water dept is really hurting without these men. they was treated wrong and i hope that they sue the city for millions of dollars. the only problem is the "crock" that got his driveway "paved" is such a good honest man that he doesnt want to pursue it bc he doesnt want to cause grief to anyone. too bad this man isnt running our city. he should be city manager. so next time you are feeling perfect.....get your crap straight....walk out to the river and see if you can walk on water. when you cant and you fall in stay there until you can cool off or somebody comes along that knows what they are talking about. i dont walk on water but i sure put my faith and trust in the man that does!
sambo

Johnson City, TN

#18 Aug 27, 2010
the ratz wrote:
ok ! there was pavement put down on an employees driveway but it wasnt paved. there might have been enough to fill a wheel barrell and the driveway just happens to be a right away to a city water blow off. it just happens to be the driveway of one of the most honest men that lives. he wouldnt steal from the city or anyone for that matter. the crocked ppl that you need to watch is the big fine ppl that "run"this town. try looking at the city manager or teresa nidiffer. i heard that big t drives a city vehicle to church and everywhere that she goes. im pretty sure that is city property and city gas. i personally dont want to provide her with a vehicle and gas. our water dept is really hurting without these men. they was treated wrong and i hope that they sue the city for millions of dollars. the only problem is the "crock" that got his driveway "paved" is such a good honest man that he doesnt want to pursue it bc he doesnt want to cause grief to anyone. too bad this man isnt running our city. he should be city manager. so next time you are feeling perfect.....get your crap straight....walk out to the river and see if you can walk on water. when you cant and you fall in stay there until you can cool off or somebody comes along that knows what they are talking about. i dont walk on water but i sure put my faith and trust in the man that does!
I don't think it takes 7 people to fill what you call a wheel barrow load of asphalt. Better check your sources. And stealings, stealing no matter if its a dump truck load or a wheelbarrow load.Plus a 20+ veteran of the water dept. should have known better. And I go to church with Teresa and if she does drive the city truck to church which I can honestly say I have never seen it but then again I dont pay attenton to what vehicle people drive to church. But also she does live above the church. So could she have possibly been coming from work and stopped on her way at church on her way home. HMMMMMM......Again get your facts straight.
the ratz

Cleveland, TN

#19 Aug 28, 2010
oh i got my facts straight sambo. maybe you should get yours straight. the 20+ yr veteran had nothing to do with the pavement being put down and the ones that did it thought that instead of dumping it out for trash that they would put in where city trucks drive frequently, on a rode that is a city right away, to a water blow off. these guys wouldnt have had to deal with all this if our city officials would have done their jobs and got their facts straight. so HMMMMMM maybe you should get your facts straight. it doesnt matter if she is on her way home or anywhere else using a city vehicle for personal business is just that. im glad that she goes to church though and i wish more of them would, and actually stay awake and pay attention. then our city would be a much better place ran by christians and not such a big bunch of 2 faced back stabbers. and while you are checking your facts, it wasnt 7 ppl.HMMMMM
sambo

Johnson City, TN

#20 Aug 29, 2010
It doesn't really matter 7 people didn't get fired but there were 7 people who got in trouble at the water dept. for it. some fired some days off without pay. But it doesn't really matter you must have a family member involved or you wouldn't take it so personal. If he wasn't involved then why did they fire him. And its diffently not because he paved on a city right of way. Was this so called right of way near his property? I dont know any of the people involved so I could really care less.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hometown heros! 1 hr Hometown 1
Is Terri Musil a informant now? 3 hr Farron Young 3
Jiggy Ray's downtown (Nov '13) 8 hr Sue 115
Josh Scalf is a con artist Tue Carrie Gunning 50
Lacey Perry (Nov '13) Tue Shorty 5
Hampton Homecoming...is this RIGHT?!? Tue Carrie 10
Sammons in Elizabethton Mon Jsjdjkj 11

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance