Should John Paul Mathes be impeached ...

Should John Paul Mathes be impeached or recalled?

Created by Concerned Citizen on Nov 12, 2007

2,120 votes

Click on an option to vote

YES

NO

MAYBE

DON'T CARE

NOT SURE

DON'T UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION

First Prev
of 29
Next Last
dictionary or spell check

United States

#1 Nov 12, 2007
for what?

Since: Nov 07

Knoxville, TN

#2 Nov 12, 2007
Who is John Paul Mathis and what has he done wrong?
dictionary or spell check

Richmond, VA

#3 Nov 12, 2007
New In Carter wrote:
Who is John Paul Mathis and what has he done wrong?
He's CC Circuit Court Clerk, but I don't know what he's done wrong. Searching Eliz. Star and JCPress is like pulling teeth, and I googled his name and came up w/ nothing.

Maybe "concerned citizen" can shed some light.

Since: Nov 07

Knoxville, TN

#4 Nov 12, 2007
OK I've heard of him but wasn't really aware of his position at the court and what he had done if anything to get him in trouble. Thank you for the response dictionary or spell check!
county mountie

Flomaton, AL

#5 Nov 13, 2007
i heard he is going to run for mayor!
Bonnie

Johnson City, TN

#6 Nov 13, 2007
What did he do?
only here

Johnson City, TN

#7 Nov 13, 2007
Bonnie wrote:
What did he do?
Maybe has something to do with the fact that the TBI was investigating something in his office last week.
HEY NOW

Johnson City, TN

#8 Nov 13, 2007
I heard the TBI was called in about some missing money. What do you expect when you elect 'OTIS' in as clerk? LOL
HEY NOW

Johnson City, TN

#9 Nov 13, 2007
county mountie wrote:
I've heard that also, what a joke. Also, heard that J.B. was going to get appointed Clerk when JP resigns. Heaven help us.
only here

Johnson City, TN

#10 Nov 13, 2007
Bonnie wrote:
What did he do?
Has anyone witnessed "what he does" at the Lonestar on any given night? I have and let me tell you something it is shameful. My guess is that he will end up in prison before his term is finished.
thpme

Johnson City, TN

#11 Nov 13, 2007
county mountie wrote:
Did he announce that at his infamous Bird Burning?
Where is the police when you need them? I'm sure the CCSD could have served several outstanding warrants if they would have been invited. LOL

Since: Oct 07

Knoxville, TN

#12 Nov 13, 2007
only here
Elizabethton, TN
Has anyone witnessed "what he does" at the Lonestar on any given night? I have and let me tell you something it is shameful. My guess is that he will end up in prison before his term is finished.
Hmmm, I'm just taking a guess here but would it have anything to do with alcohol? If so I gotta get out to Lone Star because I wanna see this. Drunk table dances anyone?

Johnson City, TN

#13 Nov 13, 2007
Sick of white trash wrote:
only here
Elizabethton, TN
Hmmm, I'm just taking a guess here but would it have anything to do with alcohol? If so I gotta get out to Lone Star because I wanna see this. Drunk table dances anyone?
I realize that he really does do awful stuff and EVERYONE knows it. He should not be in that office. But, why is he there? The good people of Carter County have elected and re-elected him! The sad thing is - again - EVERYONE knows how he is and still put him in that position. So, we have no one to blame but ourselves to some degree. It would be very different if he were elected and most people did not know about him and his antics. The voters in Carter County are going to have to start educating themselves about issues and what candidates stand for morally before they go push the "vote" buttons!

“Hey”

Betsytown

#14 Nov 13, 2007
only here
Elizabethton, TN
That would be fun to watch! Ive never got to see him out there. I need to go. I will even buy the dinner for everyone to see that.

Knoxville, TN

#15 Nov 14, 2007
Hey111 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be fun to watch! Ive never got to see him out there. I need to go. I will even buy the dinner for everyone to see that.
Well I'm in, I'll take a yummy steak please! What night is he usually there, does anyone know, please tell. Nothing better than a good laugh ;P

Knoxville, TN

#16 Nov 14, 2007
only here wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww come on now tell us all the juice on this one, Inquiring minds want to know...haha!
abcd

Johnson City, TN

#17 Nov 14, 2007
<quoted text>
Aww come on now tell us all the juice on this one, Inquiring minds want to know...haha!
From what I here....TBI come in based on the fact $1,900.00 had been missing since September. When the TBI arrived suddenly $1,887.00 arrives in the mail. SUPRISE SUPRISE.
FLY ON THE WALL

Johnson City, TN

#18 Nov 14, 2007
J.PAUL is a joke and a disgrace to
this county he is one of the biggest drunks in Carter County he is also rumored to be into drugs also. I think he looks like he needs a good bath myself. I do know he has OR someone just because he knew them that were arrested for commiting a crime.

Since: May 07

Johnson City, TN

#19 Nov 14, 2007
I will say this my ex husband and he were friends and I know what I have heard from my EX about him and it is very scandalous.... I will also say when we were going through our divorce John Paul caused me alot of grief... I do personally think he abuses his power.
Concerned

Johnson City, TN

#20 Nov 14, 2007
<quoted text>
Well I'm in, I'll take a yummy steak please! What night is he usually there, does anyone know, please tell. Nothing better than a good laugh ;P
It's Thursday nights. He really will give you some entertainment. Have fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Robinson and Melinda Buchanan 5 hr DDd38 24
Ricky Sutphin 17 hr Concerned 8
Where's blue hole road 19 hr Bob 7
Lady with child in wheelchair at Walmart (Sep '15) 19 hr Chris 7
Jodie woods fair 21 hr Pissed off 15
Amanda Fri Chris 25
How has accepting Jesus Christ as your savior c... (Sep '10) Fri Christain 26

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance