Water Rate Increase AT First Utility

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
judy

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Feb 27, 2010
According to M Hodge the FUD was operating in the black for the last year since HE'S been in charge. Did everyone look at their water bill????AS GOMER use to say SURPRIZE SURPRIZE SURPRIZE...I hope the customers are happy with their choice of commissioners, what a bunch of bozos. come own people wake up....More change, I believe our commissioners has taken our President direction....take all the money the customers have and leave only change.....
sad

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Mar 3, 2010
judy wrote:
According to M Hodge the FUD was operating in the black for the last year since HE'S been in charge. Did everyone look at their water bill????AS GOMER use to say SURPRIZE SURPRIZE SURPRIZE...I hope the customers are happy with their choice of commissioners, what a bunch of bozos. come own people wake up....More change, I believe our commissioners has taken our President direction....take all the money the customers have and leave only change.....
Get your story straight sister if you're going to post,that is not the statement, isn't it amazing how people twist words around to please their own ears? And if you knew anything at all about the FUD, but is apparent you do not, you would not have made such an uneducated comment.
judy

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Mar 3, 2010
Sad please read the Star dated January 8,2010. I quote We have no intention of raising the water rates says Mr. Hodge..Maybe you should get your facts staight. I don't twist words to make them please anyone. Only the facts learn to read before speaking...Maybe they will raise your bill a little more since your so lost for the truth...
The Reporter

Johnson City, TN

#4 Mar 3, 2010
From Elizabethton Star Archives

Mike Hodge and Dale Colbaugh are the two current commissioners.
Together they addressed some of the issues faced by the utility
in recent months.
“We’re here for the customers and we are not out to raise their
water bills,” said Board Chairman Hodge, who has served since May
2008.“We have no such intentions, and we have not discussed it at
any time. As a matter of fact, when I first came on the board we got
together as a board and decreased the rate by 500 gallons per minimum
bill. We gave them 500 more gallons of water, up to 3,000, for
the same cost. We adjusted the minimum bill for everyone, and it
Satisfied Customer

Kingsport, TN

#5 Mar 3, 2010
Why do people complain about $30 a month for water they can use for drinking, cleaning, cooking, bathing, and laundry, that equals approximately a $1 per day for all these uses, but will not think twice about paying $1.50 for a 20 oz bottle of water at a gas station? Seems like a double standard...
here is the truth

Asheville, NC

#6 Mar 3, 2010
maybe the 1.50 tastes better than $30 LOL
30 dollars

Jonesborough, TN

#7 Mar 3, 2010
I would be HAPPY if my water bill was only $30.00!!! And I don't buy bottled water!
The Reporter

Johnson City, TN

#8 Mar 4, 2010
30 dollars wrote:
I would be HAPPY if my water bill was only $30.00!!! And I don't buy bottled water!
Do you pay a sewer tax on the amount of your water that you use ? and where do you get your water from ?
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#9 Mar 4, 2010
here is the truth wrote:
maybe the 1.50 tastes better than $30 LOL
In my opinion, the $30/month water tastes better than the $1.50/bottle stuff.
curious 2

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Mar 4, 2010
They probably added the extra $1.00 a month on the water bills to cover the money that Hodge and Colbaugh used to take their families on vacation in Sevierville. If people had backed Gebe Ritchie instead of being so stupid he would have brought out all of the illegal dealing at the water office.
Satisfied Customer

Kingsport, TN

#11 Mar 4, 2010
Yea, lets back a man that has sued the county multiple times. Good idea... The problem is that no one with any sense in the first place wants the position. Just like every other county office.
curious 2 wrote:
They probably added the extra $1.00 a month on the water bills to cover the money that Hodge and Colbaugh used to take their families on vacation in Sevierville. If people had backed Gebe Ritchie instead of being so stupid he would have brought out all of the illegal dealing at the water office.
curious 2

Jonesborough, TN

#12 Mar 4, 2010
Big deal, so he sued the county, he's not the first and I'm sure he want be the last, at least he had the guts to stand up and try to help. The problem with the water office is that it's always 2 against 1. I guess you are right anyone with any sense wouldn't want the job because 1 can't fight against 2 crooks.
johnnyb good

Elizabethton, TN

#13 Mar 4, 2010
I don't believe Mr. Ritchie sued the county, He only had the court to petition the FUD to furnish the records he requested in a letter(according to BIGGN rules). Since Hodge has been a commissioner the water department on Stoney Creek has gone to hell in a hand basket...He's never managed any type of business..Where did he get a Business Management degree???? College of NO NOTHING...Can't wait for his term to be up....
Owe by the way I believe Mr. Ritchie won the case and Biggn had to pay back the money for not attending a board meeting.....
Satisfied Customer

Kingsport, TN

#14 Mar 4, 2010
And anyone running for the position has any type of degree including Mr. Ritchie...
johnnyb good wrote:
I don't believe Mr. Ritchie sued the county, He only had the court to petition the FUD to furnish the records he requested in a letter(according to BIGGN rules). Since Hodge has been a commissioner the water department on Stoney Creek has gone to hell in a hand basket...He's never managed any type of business..Where did he get a Business Management degree???? College of NO NOTHING...Can't wait for his term to be up....
Owe by the way I believe Mr. Ritchie won the case and Biggn had to pay back the money for not attending a board meeting.....
Fred

United States

#15 Mar 4, 2010
The Reporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you pay a sewer tax on the amount of your water that you use ? and where do you get your water from ?
I too would like to know just how much your total basic water bill is. Does it include sewer and trash pick up etc. Seems no one wants to answer a basic question on here, just whine.
Also a Satisfied Customer

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Mar 7, 2010
johnnyb good wrote:
Oh, by the way, there was not a "case" to be won on that issue, missed meeting, paid, that's it.
Good, clean water whenever I want it, give to my kids to drink cook with, water my lawn, wash my car and take a nice hot shower after doing all the above for $30-35.00 a month, I am Thankful!
Big George

Elizabethton, TN

#17 Mar 8, 2010
Oh yes there was "case" I am thankful that Mr Ritchie had the guts to stand up.Petition the court to get open records . I don't think .BIGGN paid it back. oh. by the way Mr Ritchie has A buiness degree from. Walters State Community College.Go to his home look on the wall.
Little Dee

Elizabethton, TN

#18 Mar 10, 2010
Did BIGGN pay back that Money?
lil miss creeker

Elizabethton, TN

#19 Apr 15, 2010
First of all the increase was mandated by the state..not Mike Hodge. Second of all Mike Hodge DID pay the money back for missing a meeting when his mother passed away, and Mrs. Gene Ritchie..to my knowledge was offered a copy of that receipt. Thirdly, the water dept. has not gone to hell in a hand basket. That is the cheapest bill I pay for every month...with the biggest use. You all need to get a hobby other than gossip mongers! Shame on all of you. Mike Hodge is a fine man....nobody is perfect..NO NOT EVEN YOU!
bob

Johnson City, TN

#20 Apr 16, 2010
Sorry lil miss creeker Mike did pay the money back.
before you make yourself look goofy get the facts.
I have a hobby keeping our utility out of the Watauga Authority. Just a few months ago when they rasised our water bill by seven dollars no doubt you were problably one of hundred crying. So just crawl back in your shell and we will keep doing our hobby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hometown heros! 3 hr Hometown 1
Is Terri Musil a informant now? 5 hr Farron Young 3
Jiggy Ray's downtown (Nov '13) 9 hr Sue 115
Josh Scalf is a con artist Tue Carrie Gunning 50
Lacey Perry (Nov '13) Tue Shorty 5
Hampton Homecoming...is this RIGHT?!? Tue Carrie 10
Sammons in Elizabethton Mon Jsjdjkj 11

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance