Investigate Hampton High's Varsity Ba...

Investigate Hampton High's Varsity Basketball

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Knowledge

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Aug 17, 2012
Hampton's Varsity Basketball has been placed on probation by the TSSAA because the assistant coach M. Matheson, was practicing with the team this summer, which is against rules. They have also been levied a fine. Why should the kids be punished for something that was not their fault? We should not have incompetent people involved with our children's sports programs.
Well

Johnson City, TN

#2 Aug 17, 2012
Why is someone not connected with the school coaching? Why didn't he get a degree and coach or grow up and get a life. Either way he had no business there.
Rules

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Aug 17, 2012
Was he practicing with the team during a deas period? How did he get busted?
Smack

Linville, NC

#4 Aug 18, 2012
I can't believe the TSSAA did anything when you look at the rampant recruiting that goes on in Carter County that they overlook.
Big daddy

Columbia, TN

#5 Aug 18, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
Hampton's Varsity Basketball has been placed on probation by the TSSAA because the assistant coach M. Matheson, was practicing with the team this summer, which is against rules. They have also been levied a fine. Why should the kids be punished for something that was not their fault? We should not have incompetent people involved with our children's sports programs.
Good luck if he is part of Hamptons good o boys.Posting here wont do much good because it this thread gets going THEY will have it removed.A small group rule sports in Hampton.Girs and Boys both just look at who coaches.
Big Horn

Kingsport, TN

#6 Aug 18, 2012
Big daddy wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck if he is part of Hamptons good o boys.Posting here wont do much good because it this thread gets going THEY will have it removed.A small group rule sports in Hampton.Girs and Boys both just look at who coaches.
Its a shame these kids work hard and are penalized from others stupidity. If this true then this coaches head needs to be on the block. He should have known better! This is another incident this will probably be swept under the rug as usual. The director of schools and management staff at said school needs to step up and remove these problems at each school. Sounds like too many volunteers have way too much control. CLEAN UP THE SYSTEM NOW OR CLEAN OUT CENTRAL OFFICE!!!
Hunter

Johnson City, TN

#7 Aug 18, 2012
Smack wrote:
I can't believe the TSSAA did anything when you look at the rampant recruiting that goes on in Carter County that they overlook.
I heard that Hampton has recruted a boy from Daniel Boone High School. I really thought Smith would bring some integrity back to Hampton but looks like he has feel in to the good ole boy system with the rest of the thugs. Its a shame if the school is on probation because of some wanna be coaches. Clean up your act and clean out all your closets....play fair!
granny

Johnson City, TN

#8 Aug 18, 2012
Rules wrote:
Matheson should have been gone a long time ago...too much vulgar language he tries to run the sports program and all the money let the boys play ball and take out the trash if you know what i mean...
get a life

Johnson City, TN

#9 Aug 18, 2012
I thought he was only working the sports complex and referring the ball games. That's a big difference between coaching.
etsc

Marion, VA

#10 Aug 18, 2012
Hampton may be in more trouble soon. Coach Smith and staff are breaking several tssaa rules. They are using the sports complex as a recruiting tool. They have players from Johnson county, avery county, and now one from Boone. This is a shame! Bringing kids in like this is not fair to other conference teams as well as the young men who are really from Hampton. I just hope something is done soon.
olddawg

Johnson City, TN

#11 Aug 18, 2012
First of all ned had absolutly nothing to do with this kid comming he played aau ball with some of our guys this summer and his dad told he he was unhappy at boone and liked hamptons style of play. And as for mike matheson he has not been coaching he is an offical at the sports complex. Please get your facts before you spout off on here but i know facts dont exist on this pittiful websight . Bob mcclain has been coaching every game i have seen this summer. Jealousy is a bitch aint it?
ook

Columbia, TN

#12 Aug 18, 2012
So thats what this is all about .Sealousy?Funny
Wondering

Johnson City, TN

#13 Aug 18, 2012
What has McClain got to do with it anyway? He lost his seat on the school board but not before he moved his son to Central Office. He couldn't make it as a player when he was in school so he is trying to make it through his grandsons. He failed to rear a star with his sons. Making a kid a star in a small community like Hampton only sets them up to be disappointed later. Like Matheson they never get over the small stardom. they stay stuck in high school the rest of their lives. It should be about education. It should also be about getting on in the rest of the world. Fifty miles away they don't even know Hampton exist. How sad that people never grow up.
get a life

Johnson City, TN

#14 Aug 18, 2012
Wondering wrote:
What has McClain got to do with it anyway? He lost his seat on the school board but not before he moved his son to Central Office. He couldn't make it as a player when he was in school so he is trying to make it through his grandsons. He failed to rear a star with his sons. Making a kid a star in a small community like Hampton only sets them up to be disappointed later. Like Matheson they never get over the small stardom. they stay stuck in high school the rest of their lives. It should be about education. It should also be about getting on in the rest of the world. Fifty miles away they don't even know Hampton exist. How sad that people never grow up.
Bob volunteered to help get our boys playing inthe summer so we will b better in the fall. People who are not willing to do anything to help and just sit around and bitch are pathetic. So until u have something intelligent or at least helpful to say please shut up and stop showing your stupidity.
olddawg

Johnson City, TN

#15 Aug 18, 2012
etsc wrote:
Hampton may be in more trouble soon. Coach Smith and staff are breaking several tssaa rules. They are using the sports complex as a recruiting tool. They have players from Johnson county, avery county, and now one from Boone. This is a shame! Bringing kids in like this is not fair to other conference teams as well as the young men who are really from Hampton. I just hope something is done soon.
What rules are being broken the kid from Johnson county sat out his year and now he is eligible and both lane smith and Stanley are hampton residents so they can play right away this all sounds like it's coming from either a jealous parent or kid who knows his playing time will b cut. If you can show what they have done illegal I'd love to hear it. Otherwise tell your kid to buckle down and improve cause the best players will and should play. This ain't youth club anymore. Go dogs
Telling

Linville, NC

#16 Aug 18, 2012
olddawg wrote:
<quoted text>
What rules are being broken the kid from Johnson county sat out his year and now he is eligible and both lane smith and Stanley are hampton residents so they can play right away this all sounds like it's coming from either a jealous parent or kid who knows his playing time will b cut. If you can show what they have done illegal I'd love to hear it. Otherwise tell your kid to buckle down and improve cause the best players will and should play. This ain't youth club anymore. Go dogs
If smith is a resident, then why is his brother still in the Avery county school system? If they did not change their primary residence then he was ineligible. All you would need to do is check the parents driver license.
olddawg

Johnson City, TN

#17 Aug 18, 2012
Rules wrote:
No he wasn't he did not coach the aau team and all the local schools had teams playing at the sports complex?
olddawg

Johnson City, TN

#18 Aug 18, 2012
Rules wrote:
No he wasnt
olddawg

Johnson City, TN

#19 Aug 18, 2012
Well wrote:
Why is someone not connected with the school coaching? Why didn't he get a degree and coach or grow up and get a life. Either way he had no business there.
You do not have to teach to be an assistant and if you ever wore the Hampton jersey you would know it stays in your blood trust me I'd love to be involved if my job schedule would allow. I think it's great to have coaches who know our rich history and help to carry it on.
olddawg

Johnson City, TN

#20 Aug 18, 2012
Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>I heard that Hampton has recruted a boy from Daniel Boone High School. I really thought Smith would bring some integrity back to Hampton but looks like he has feel in to the good ole boy system with the rest of the thugs. Its a shame if the school is on probation because of some wanna be coaches. Clean up your act and clean out all your closets....play fair!
I played with Ned in 91 and have known him most of our lives and he and his family are some of the best around this area.as I posted on here earlier Ned has had nothing at all to do with Stanley coming here from Boone he played aau ball with some of our boys and developed a good relationship with them an he was unhappy at Boone to my knowledge Ned didn't even meet him until school started. This a very nice young man and we are blessed to have him in bulldog blue. Go dogs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Claude Robinson 2 hr native 19
Chris Glass, mom Angela Montgomery 14 hr Jessica90s 1
How many people in Carter County have had thing... (Sep '16) 17 hr Concerned 7
Jolene Ward POS for the Carter county POS snitc... 19 hr jeff 2
Anthony Phillips 22 hr Concerned 1
Jeff Greene 23 hr sawman65 9
who is the best fighting brothers in carter county (Jul '11) Fri Kimbo Slice 14

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance