Unaka Football and Staff
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fed Up

United States

#1 Sep 13, 2010
As the years go on I am more ashamed to say my children go to Unaka High. At some point the school staff and the officer on duty need to get their heads out of their butts and see what is really going on. Your football team is a discrase to your school. They bully kids and the staff turns their backs. The wonderful police officer and principal does nothing to these kids as far as punishment goes. What a joke.

Food for thought players.....put as much effort on the field as you do being bullies and maybe you will win a game.

Officer Yogy and Principal BooBoo, why dont you get your "pick a nick" basket, have lunch and discuss the real problems at your school.
uhs grad

Greeneville, TN

#2 Sep 13, 2010
Only when Unaka High and the Carter County Board of Education shake up the faculty and put some teachers and administrators who DO NOT live on the "Creek" at UHS, will the school evolve and become some place people are proud of and kids are respective members of the community. For too long the faculty and staff have turned a blind eye to events and students.

“Put your hands up for Detroit!”

Since: Sep 10

Detroit, MI

#3 Sep 13, 2010
Its very true, It Higher Ed we call it academic inbreeding. Though there are a few wonderful teachers there, its very difficult to do their jobs there due to administration and the precedent set forth by them. The few good people they have in administration-they run off-or make their life a living hell. Those teachers proven in the classroom that have gone into administration have also proven to be good administrators-those teachers who were terrible students, terrible teachers, and now they go on a become administrators. It is a joke and a travesty. I"m ASHAMED to say that I graduated from there. I'm very insecure about it and if at all possible I avoid saying I'm from that area. Amazing that the school could effect the culture as much as it does but its a reality in a town that small.

concerned parent

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2010
I don't get how they get away with this and what do they gain? If a parent becomes a pain then your child pays the price. Wtf can anyone do???
I Just Dont Understand

Johnson City, TN

#5 Sep 13, 2010
uhs grad wrote:
Only when Unaka High and the Carter County Board of Education shake up the faculty and put some teachers and administrators who DO NOT live on the "Creek" at UHS, will the school evolve and become some place people are proud of and kids are respective members of the community. For too long the faculty and staff have turned a blind eye to events and students.
You hit the nail on the head. I took my child out of that school and put her in another school because of the horrible way of teaching, or non teaching. It is a shame that some top 10 percent students at UHS have to go through all kinds of remedial coursework when they get to college. I graduated from UHS many years ago. My oldest child graduated in the class of 2000. By the time my youngest got there it was like a ghetto school. All they think about are sports. Not that sports are a bad thing, but how many professional athletes have we produces in this area. I think Mrs. Ellis needs to clean house at UHS and UES. Get teacher who have no connection to the "Creek". Maybe then things will look up for UHS.
look at me

Union City, TN

#6 Sep 14, 2010
LMAO...Once a Ranger always a Ranger
fed up

Portland, OR

#7 Sep 14, 2010
it's really a sad thing to be a Ranger. Them boys need a swift kick in the butt and so does the staff.
devyn chambers

Bluff City, TN

#8 Sep 22, 2010
fed up wrote:
it's really a sad thing to be a Ranger. Them boys need a swift kick in the butt and so does the staff.
i agree with theother one..."Once A Ranger Always A Ranger"..
i disagree with the other comments...no offense but i am a proud ranger who loves going to Unaka....for all the ones on here...this is my first time on here and i am amused and disappointed at all the same time...people my goodness...grow up. put that in your vocabulary...thats something Unaka did teachme..."RESPECT". .dont you people have nothing else better to do then get on this website and gossip about other people? i am ashamed...of every single so-called grown up ho wants to get on here an say horrible things about MY SCHOOL!!...AND MY TEACHERS...and elders who have helpedme ut in life tremendously...i wouldnt have made it houghmy harsh life without them or my friends.!! they bust thier tails up there and still are busing thier tails trying to bring our school up to its expectations. and as far as im concerned i havent seen one kid be bullied up here one time this year...at all..because we are family and we respect each other. i dont judge anyone that ever walks through them hallways becase we are "FAMILY" and we build off each other to get through the days of hard work.
im not ashamed to stand up for my school...because i have something called a "Heart"...and "Pride"...and im one of the leaders tying to make ur school and football program reach higher standards and expectations. you people should be disapointed in yourselves..all your doing is judging people and what they do. get a life and a better head on your shoulders and maybe then you wil know the meaning of "GROW UP" in your vocabulary for the immature human beings who want to sit on here and gossip and talk crap about other people. i am proud of my school and th people who bust thier tails everyday to see that we succeed in life andbe successful GROWN UPS in te future unlike yourselves. you can hide who you are on here and talk smack about other people...but you cant hide it from God!.. ill be praying for all of you trash talkers that maybe one day you will understand and realize the importance of having a heart full of love,faith, stride, and pride about who you are and what you wake up everyday to accomplish so that maybe you will be sucessful in life.!!. and your not gon=ing t be successful taking about other people...thats wht unsuccessful people do now days is talk with there mouths because they cant do it by example.because none of it is true. our football program has improved very much over the years..i am a senior this year and i love my school and the team and i dont care if we lose every game this year...ill still be by there side til the end because i have love for the game itself and th love of playing with my friends for my "Family"...this year its U-time baby and we aren't going down without a fight. we "RESPECT ALL...BUT FEAR NONE"..we are relentless...and we play with adversity!!..grow up people...karma isn't good...this is sad. goodluck to all of you trash talkers...maybe one day you will learn!! put God first in your life and go read the Bible, your getting nowhere in life by talking about others on this stupid website. may God be wh you all, period!!
c bayless

Johnson City, TN

#9 Sep 22, 2010
devyn chambers wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree with theother one..."Once A Ranger Always A Ranger"..
i disagree with the other comments...no offense but i am a proud ranger who loves going to Unaka....for all the ones on here...this is my first time on here and i am amused and disappointed at all the same time...people my goodness...grow up. put that in your vocabulary...thats something Unaka did teachme..."RESPECT". .dont you people have nothing else better to do then get on this website and gossip about other people? i am ashamed...of every single so-called grown up ho wants to get on here an say horrible things about MY SCHOOL!!...AND MY TEACHERS...and elders who have helpedme ut in life tremendously...i wouldnt have made it houghmy harsh life without them or my friends.!! they bust thier tails up there and still are busing thier tails trying to bring our school up to its expectations. and as far as im concerned i havent seen one kid be bullied up here one time this year...at all..because we are family and we respect each other. i dont judge anyone that ever walks through them hallways becase we are "FAMILY" and we build off each other to get through the days of hard work.
im not ashamed to stand up for my school...because i have something called a "Heart"...and "Pride"...and im one of the leaders tying to make ur school and football program reach higher standards and expectations. you people should be disapointed in yourselves..all your doing is judging people and what they do. get a life and a better head on your shoulders and maybe then you wil know the meaning of "GROW UP" in your vocabulary for the immature human beings who want to sit on here and gossip and talk crap about other people. i am proud of my school and th people who bust thier tails everyday to see that we succeed in life andbe successful GROWN UPS in te future unlike yourselves. you can hide who you are on here and talk smack about other people...but you cant hide it from God!.. ill be praying for all of you trash talkers that maybe one day you will understand and realize the importance of having a heart full of love,faith, stride, and pride about who you are and what you wake up everyday to accomplish so that maybe you will be sucessful in life.!!. and your not gon=ing t be successful taking about other people...thats wht unsuccessful people do now days is talk with there mouths because they cant do it by example.because none of it is true. our football program has improved very much over the years..i am a senior this year and i love my school and the team and i dont care if we lose every game this year...ill still be by there side til the end because i have love for the game itself and th love of playing with my friends for my "Family"...this year its U-time baby and we aren't going down without a fight. we "RESPECT ALL...BUT FEAR NONE"..we are relentless...and we play with adversity!!..grow up people...karma isn't good...this is sad. goodluck to all of you trash talkers...maybe one day you will learn!! put God first in your life and go read the Bible, your getting nowhere in life by talking about others on this stupid website. may God be wh you all, period!!
you're a lard ass like your daddy
yeah pride

Fontana, CA

#10 Sep 23, 2010
it's great to be proud and have respect. I know for a fact that not all of your team is the same. Glad you are one of the good ones. Maybe you can teach the others who are jumpng people and being bullys. While you are at it would you mind teaching the staff that it is not ok for anyone to get away with doing wrong just because they play sports for your school.

thanks!
mama jeannie

Cleveland, TN

#11 Sep 24, 2010
Bayless (Or should I say clueless) obviously you've never seen devyn or you wouldn't have made that comment. You must get a lot of enjoyment talking about others like that. Either you don't have a life or you have no feelings toward others. So what if Tim is big? Does that make him a bad person? Devyns post had NOTHING to do with Tim at all. Dev, I'm proud of you for standing up for the Rangers, that's what you're supposed to do. I know you will have a great season and keep on playing tough.
momma

United States

#12 Sep 24, 2010
is your son harrasing other kids with the other team players? If not then I don't think any of this was aimed at him. As far as the comment about his dad.....at least he has one. The other guys just a ass who doesn't even deserve a response.

“Put your hands up for Detroit!”

Since: Sep 10

Detroit, MI

#13 Sep 25, 2010
devyn chambers wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree with theother one..."Once A Ranger Always A Ranger"..
i disagree with the other comments...no offense but i am a proud ranger who loves going to Unaka....for all the ones on here...this is my first time on here and i am amused and disappointed at all the same time...people my goodness...grow up. put that in your vocabulary...thats something Unaka did teachme..."RESPECT". .dont you people have nothing else better to do then get on this website and gossip about other people? i am ashamed...of every single so-called grown up ho wants to get on here an say horrible things about MY SCHOOL!!...AND MY TEACHERS...and elders who have helpedme ut in life tremendously...i wouldnt have made it houghmy harsh life without them or my friends.!! they bust thier tails up there and still are busing thier tails trying to bring our school up to its expectations. and as far as im concerned i havent seen one kid be bullied up here one time this year...at all..because we are family and we respect each other. i dont judge anyone that ever walks through them hallways becase we are "FAMILY" and we build off each other to get through the days of hard work.
im not ashamed to stand up for my school...because i have something called a "Heart"...and "Pride"...and im one of the leaders tying to make ur school and football program reach higher standards and expectations. you people should be disapointed in yourselves..all your doing is judging people and what they do. get a life and a better head on your shoulders and maybe then you wil know the meaning of "GROW UP" in your vocabulary for the immature human beings who want to sit on here and gossip and talk crap about other people. i am proud of my school and th people who bust thier tails everyday to see that we succeed in life andbe successful GROWN UPS in te future unlike yourselves. you can hide who you are on here and talk smack about other people...but you cant hide it from God!.. ill be praying for all of you trash talkers that maybe one day you will understand and realize the importance of having a heart full of love,faith, stride, and pride about who you are and what you wake up everyday to accomplish so that maybe you will be sucessful in life.!!. and your not gon=ing t be successful taking about other people...thats wht unsuccessful people do now days is talk with there mouths because they cant do it by example.because none of it is true. our football program has improved very much over the years..i am a senior this year and i love my school and the team and i dont care if we lose every game this year...ill still be by there side til the end because i have love for the game itself and th love of playing with my friends for my "Family"...this year its U-time baby and we aren't going down without a fight. we "RESPECT ALL...BUT FEAR NONE"..we are relentless...and we play with adversity!!..grow up people...karma isn't good...this is sad. goodluck to all of you trash talkers...maybe one day you will learn!! put God first in your life and go read the Bible, your getting nowhere in life by talking about others on this stupid website. may God be wh you all, period!!
Glad you are taking a stand to try to improve the school. Our problems stem from what we know of so many of the faculty. I'm not interested in trash talking but seeing a legitimate change come to the people of Stoney Creek and students at Unaka High School. However, we see so many problems in the school system that have only become worse over the years and it is very frustrating to see that as a graduate of the school. I also hate it when people get on here and just talk crap about people for no reason. I don't care if the say something mean but at least contribute to the conversation in a positive manor.
uhs grad

Greeneville, TN

#14 Sep 29, 2010
I am not ashamed to say I graduated - with top honors- from Unaka. I went on to graduate with highest Honors from college and achieved a Masters degree ---all with no remediation. However, it is shocking to see the people who attended UHS at the same time as I, are now in control of the school. People who were do nothings in school are the ADMINISTRATION! The fact that the Worst teacher I had - in all my educational career - served as Superintendent for many years would be laughable if it were not so sad. It is not just Unaka, though. Hampton is just as bad, as are all of the Carter County Schools. Shirley Ellis needs to step up and made some much needed changed in the system. I am not a hater, just a realist. I long for my nieces and nephews to receive an excellent education, as my children are doing in another system. Carter co needs to consolidate and evolve into a fabulous school system where there is no difference between what students at Unaka, Hampton, Happy Valley(it's still in the county, right!) and Cloudland get.

“Put your hands up for Detroit!”

Since: Sep 10

Detroit, MI

#15 Oct 3, 2010
uhs grad wrote:
I am not ashamed to say I graduated - with top honors- from Unaka. I went on to graduate with highest Honors from college and achieved a Masters degree ---all with no remediation. However, it is shocking to see the people who attended UHS at the same time as I, are now in control of the school. People who were do nothings in school are the ADMINISTRATION! The fact that the Worst teacher I had - in all my educational career - served as Superintendent for many years would be laughable if it were not so sad. It is not just Unaka, though. Hampton is just as bad, as are all of the Carter County Schools. Shirley Ellis needs to step up and made some much needed changed in the system. I am not a hater, just a realist. I long for my nieces and nephews to receive an excellent education, as my children are doing in another system. Carter co needs to consolidate and evolve into a fabulous school system where there is no difference between what students at Unaka, Hampton, Happy Valley(it's still in the county, right!) and Cloudland get.
well said
hv mom

Elizabethton, TN

#16 Oct 4, 2010
my nephew is a student at unaka and is also on the football team he is a very respectful young man because he has been rasied that way all of the county school have problems but so does elizabethton high the way kids act most of the time starts at home alot of parents need to step up to the plate these days and take more time and interest in their children
mama jeannie

Elizabethton, TN

#17 Oct 4, 2010
momma wrote:
is your son harrasing other kids with the other team players? If not then I don't think any of this was aimed at him. As far as the comment about his dad.....at least he has one. The other guys just a ass who doesn't even deserve a response.
Could you clarify that statement, it's a little confusing
shutup91

Johnson City, TN

#18 Oct 4, 2010
y dont u all geta life and shut up ur bitchin on here its not gonna do 1 thing yes unaka is a hell hole but its THE CREEK were learning just fine and wat bullying are you talking about? its the same stuuf u all did in highy school so shut up and nibd ur own buisness and i have to give respect to Pink Mckinney hes turned tht program around remember 2009 with Donald Ensor...?(1-9?!) and last year we went 5 6 and made it to the play offs and this year were 3 and 3 so shut up abt the football program and weve got one of the best quarterbacks in the state so shove it
The creek sucks

Johnson City, TN

#19 Oct 5, 2010
shutup91 wrote:
y dont u all geta life and shut up ur bitchin on here its not gonna do 1 thing yes unaka is a hell hole but its THE CREEK were learning just fine and wat bullying are you talking about? its the same stuuf u all did in highy school so shut up and nibd ur own buisness and i have to give respect to Pink Mckinney hes turned tht program around remember 2009 with Donald Ensor...?(1-9?!) and last year we went 5 6 and made it to the play offs and this year were 3 and 3 so shut up abt the football program and weve got one of the best quarterbacks in the state so shove it
Another fine product turned out by unaka high. Just one question, who reads the gateway test to this moron and does he or she get paid for it, because I am concerned about my tax dollars being wasted on this idiot. One question for you shut up, if you are 3 and 3, how many games total have you played(just a little math problem to see if you comprehend anything).
The creek sucks

Johnson City, TN

#20 Oct 5, 2010
shutup91 wrote:
y dont u all geta life and shut up ur bitchin on here its not gonna do 1 thing yes unaka is a hell hole but its THE CREEK were learning just fine and wat bullying are you talking about? its the same stuuf u all did in highy school so shut up and nibd ur own buisness and i have to give respect to Pink Mckinney hes turned tht program around remember 2009 with Donald Ensor...?(1-9?!) and last year we went 5 6 and made it to the play offs and this year were 3 and 3 so shut up abt the football program and weve got one of the best quarterbacks in the state so shove it
So does the 91 in your name reference the year you were born, which would make you 20 years old if and when you graduate? Actually looking at your posting I am pretty optimistic you won't be getting that diploma this year or any year. Admit it, you just go there to pay foes-ball, and try to be a man amongst 16 & 17 year old boys, what a loser. Do us all a favor and 'shutup' 91!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ol' Gord's fake name 4 hr Gordy_OhOh 15
Truth 9 hr Unbelievable 1
City School Scandal. 13 hr Rufus 8
Comptroller investigating EHS alleged funds misuse 13 hr Stanmore 36
Who Will Win Carter County Clerk Race? 14 hr Haha 8
Cat Island Wasn't Named After Cats (Jun '09) 15 hr UnknownConfederate 44
Gas prices! 16 hr Moe man 1

Elizabethton Jobs

Personal Finance

Elizabethton Mortgages