First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hv hilltoppers

Johnson City, TN

#21 Aug 13, 2010
good luck to the jr hilltoppers they will need what a joke bernie young is and the new coaches lol
former warrior fan

Johnson City, TN

#22 Aug 13, 2010
The article in the star by Tim Chambers today in the football addition aggravated me. He said they lost good coaches but had added some good ones and it was time to forgive and forget and for the Warrior Nation to come together. He said a house divided cannot stand so obviously we are not the only ones who are upset. Sorry Tim but I can't just act like anything never happened and forget it. Too many good people were hurt. Bernie needs to go or the warriors will remain divided and become even more sol
hv fan no more

Johnson City, TN

#23 Aug 13, 2010
i agree the article makes me very mad three good coaches and their family were very hurt by bernie and untill the he is gone the warrior nation will remain divided it will take more than a little paint to correct this and more than ne thing the student atheletes will remain divided
Go HTW

Kingsport, TN

#24 Aug 14, 2010
What about the middle school FB coach ?.Is he also from Science Hill?Maybe we should change the name to Hilltop Warriors!
ummm no

United States

#25 Aug 14, 2010
scotty verran was the biggest asshole ever if u didnt play sports u were nothing and i played sports and seen how he treated people...ive never been so thrilled to have greg hyder out of hv....he was a lazy ass gym coach must be nice to sit in a rolling chair and text at work...yea i witnessed this as well...everyone else is scared that happy valley might actually amount to a decent football program in a few years and give ole good boy witten a run for his money...and in we cant have that at all elizabe6thton has to rule the town...
HV FAN -NOT

Johnson City, TN

#26 Aug 14, 2010
You are clueless.
maybe

Johnson City, TN

#27 Aug 14, 2010
ummm no wrote:
scotty verran was the biggest asshole ever if u didnt play sports u were nothing and i played sports and seen how he treated people...ive never been so thrilled to have greg hyder out of hv....he was a lazy ass gym coach must be nice to sit in a rolling chair and text at work...yea i witnessed this as well...everyone else is scared that happy valley might actually amount to a decent football program in a few years and give ole good boy witten a run for his money...and in we cant have that at all elizabe6thton has to rule the town...
you have no clue what you are talking about coach verran coach hyder and coach green were three great coaches and great men they were very hurt by all this and so were their familes if you are man enough confront any of the three......then pray
HV Grad

Kingsport, TN

#28 Aug 14, 2010
I was not in favor of letting Coach Verran go but I agree with Friday's article by Tim. Read between the lines people and you'll understand what he's saying. This is about the kids and not the coaches. I think Tim was trying to draw support for our kids and that's the way it should be. He didn't take sides. I agree that we lost some good men and gained a few. I have a son that plays varsity and he loves Coach Ferrell and Coach Shively. He also loved Coach Verran and Coach Hyder. These kids have been through enough.
Speaking for my son I know they just want to move on. Tim's an excellent writer and a good man. I'm glad he's covering our games.
FYI

Kingsport, TN

#29 Aug 15, 2010
just to clear something up, coach hyder is still at happy valley, just not coaching. he is still teaching at hve but coaching at elizabethton. and it is about the kids...they need support no matter what.
former warrior fan

Johnson City, TN

#30 Aug 15, 2010
As the old country song said "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything". I refuse to fall for the underhanded stuff that is taking place so a few men can feel powerful and run over everyone who gets in their way, including the principal. She better watch her back or she will be next. It should be about the kids but it isn't and never will be until this power struggle ends. Last year it was about the kids until the position of AD changed. Mr. Hughes made it about the kids and not about himself. I can't say this about the present AD. This kids are the loses in the present situation because their best interest in not what is being considered.
What about adacemics? The board member and assistant principal/A.D. who are running the show should be pouring more time and money into that. That is why we have school and that should have top prioroty.
jimbob

Lexington, TN

#31 Aug 16, 2010
ummm no wrote:
Ha, I guess you did not see HV play last week, Unicoi will beat them this year. The coach said in the paper that he was not a fan of Jamboree's, well when Johnson County runs all over you I guess that tends not to make you a fan. The Cyclones have several Sophmore running backs that are getting their time to shine. They played behind the big names Elizabethton had last year and you can not go all season practicing behind those now College Players without learning a thing or two. It's going to be a long season for some Three Rivers Conference teams.
HV FAN -NOT

Johnson City, TN

#32 Aug 16, 2010
jimbob wrote:
<quoted text>Ha, I guess you did not see HV play last week, Unicoi will beat them this year. The coach said in the paper that he was not a fan of Jamboree's, well when Johnson County runs all over you I guess that tends not to make you a fan. The Cyclones have several Sophmore running backs that are getting their time to shine. They played behind the big names Elizabethton had last year and you can not go all season practicing behind those now College Players without learning a thing or two. It's going to be a long season for some Three Rivers Conference teams.
Did you go to the Jamboree? The write up in the paper didn't really say very much and tried to make it sound good for HV. What is the triple option the Shively keeps talking about anyway?
jimbob

United States

#33 Aug 16, 2010
Yes, I was there and they did not run it very well. You have to have big fast linemen to run it and they had their best one playing center. They are in for a long season.
former warrior fan

Johnson City, TN

#34 Aug 16, 2010
jimbob wrote:
Yes, I was there and they did not run it very well. You have to have big fast linemen to run it and they had their best one playing center. They are in for a long season.
As Coach Verran and other coaches know, you have to adapt the plays to the type of team you have, not adapt the team to the plays you know. You need variety.
jimbob

Lexington, TN

#35 Aug 16, 2010
It did look like Johnson County knew the plays because they were all over HV. The option is the easiest formation to defend if you donít have the right players in the right spots and itís hard to get the kids to learn and understand it in just 20 days of practice. JC moved the ball well against HV and got down to the 10 before trying a field goal that was kicked into the rear end of the O-line. HV may be able to hang with Unaka their first game by running the ball against them like Cloudland did last week, but if Unaka's passing game gets in sink it may turn out to be a good game. The Peters kid at Unaka has a strong arm but he needs to learn a little touch so his receivers have a chance to catch. He throws it like itís the bottom of the 7th inning to the number 9 batter, way to hard. It should be a good game. We did not get to see much of the Simmons kid at HV in the Jamboree, he only played one series, and I think the new coach is wasting him at fullback, teams will key on him and tackle him every play there, ball or not. If he was running tailback and he gets up a head of steam he will be hard to bring down. All in all we should get to see some good football in Carter County this year.
whats new

Johnson City, TN

#36 Aug 25, 2010
The coaches who got these boys ready for this season (Verran and Hyder) expected the team to do well this year and have a pretty good season. IF this does indeed happen, they deserve a lot of the credit. As for the triple option, HV ran that when Williams was quarterback. It is nothing new. But they didn't run it every play. They also threw the ball and ended up winning the conference that year.
kitten

Johnson City, TN

#37 Aug 26, 2010
This is one moma who loves Happy Valley thru and thru..... no matter who the coaches are - no matter who the principals are, I will be in the stand cheering my team and my boys every season: why because I love HVH and I love the kids who just want to play football for the love of the sport...lets support our kids and be behind them no matter what... Go Warriors!!!!
need more info

Johnson City, TN

#38 Aug 26, 2010
Go HTW wrote:
What about the middle school FB coach ?.Is he also from Science Hill?Maybe we should change the name to Hilltop Warriors!
I think you need more info about this subject before you say much more.....If not this new coach who would have coached middle school football??? do you know- would you have coached??? Go Warriors!!!!!
listen to the kids

Johnson City, TN

#39 Aug 26, 2010
HV FAN -NOT wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you completely. Many HV people are fed up with this nonsense. It is now called Science Hill East, not HV. Ridiculous. The principal up there needs to get some backbone and stop all of this. She needs to name a new Athletic Director immediately. She has the sole power to do this.
ask any kid at HVH what their school name is and they will tell you Happy Valley High School home of the WARRIORS....not science hill east... the kids have pride- it is the adults that are doing all the fussing and bickering... what a shame...whoever is doing all the updated work at HVH "Great Job"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Dr perry 9 hr Travis 1
dr perry (Oct '10) 9 hr Travis 209
Still no horses allowed the Tweetsie Trail (Aug '14) 10 hr Wyatt Earp 69
Anniversary Haircut Day for EX Captain 10 hr jimbob 8
Common core and islam 13 hr Funny 53
Coach Charlie Bayless (Sep '10) 18 hr Fred s 44
Cheating in chat rooms/ wrong or right (Jan '13) 20 hr famsxxx 24
Elizabethton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web