Next Last
curious

Kingsport, TN

#1 Dec 10, 2009
What do you think of this league?
coach

Johnson City, TN

#2 Dec 12, 2009
i think d/c has his hand in the money jar was there for 5 yrs and never any new fence for the outfild tee ball filds they had constuction fence that was up with metal stakes that was falling down and tore and they bought the cheapest shirts and hats money could find but yet they charged 2 bucks a person and usally had 8 to 10 teeball teams with at least 14 kids on them so go figure eack kid usaully has two parents and grand parents come to the games

Since: Dec 09

Maryville, TN

#3 Dec 14, 2009
well i also have been a coach for 5 years and yes it is not the nicest fields to play on, and thge outfield fence is sad. i know dale and have known him for many years and to think that he would have his hand in the money jar is ridiculous. that league has a cheaper registration fee than the leagues in town. and the one thing i like most about this league is the kids get a trophy at the end of the year. my nephew played in town this past year and he didnt get anyrhing.
curious

Kingsport, TN

#4 Dec 16, 2009
What are the age groups, and does all the teams come from stoney creek? I am looking for a league for my sons to play in.
supportive

Johnson City, TN

#5 Dec 17, 2009
I feel as a stoney creek resident we should support our local sports. I have also known dale for many years and he is not a thief!!!! He loves helping out the kids and thats why he does it. The league got rid of the one who had his hand in the money!
Ex-Carter County Leaguer

Mechanicsburg, PA

#6 Jan 9, 2010
I am the parent of two grown children that played ball on the Carter County League in the beginning years. There is no doubt in my mind that Dale does have his hands in the cookie jar. If nothing else, just think of the games he called and was paid 20 bucks a game while all the other parents volunteed their. Just think back through the years. If he thought you were getting wise to him, he sure found a way to get rid of you quick. There was one coach i know well. No, he did'nt have the most winning team but he was fair and good to all the kids up there. He began to question Dale and poof his team had been dismantled just because the mans wife had just been released from the hospital and he couldn't make the game. All the parents past of present that had kids play on this league should demand to see the records, I'm sure Dale will not be the man he wants everyone to assume he is.
creeker2

Bristol, VA

#7 Jan 10, 2010
All umpires at the Carter County League are
paid. There are NO parents that volunteer.
Most of the umpires don't even have children
playing. Would these parents volunteer
all day in the hot sun on a Saturday? NOT!
Ex-Carter County Leaguer

Mechanicsburg, PA

#8 Jan 10, 2010
creeker2 wrote:
All umpires at the Carter County League are
paid. There are NO parents that volunteer.
Most of the umpires don't even have children
playing. Would these parents volunteer
all day in the hot sun on a Saturday? NOT!
In years past, Dale was paid and so was some of the other umpires, such as Kelly Oliver and the Greer Boy, Gary Colbough and shall I go on. I don't know about now, but they were in the beginning years.
creeker2

Bristol, VA

#9 Jan 10, 2010
They still are.
lettinyakno

United States

#10 Feb 16, 2010
I got on here 2 see when the signups 4 this season are but I did kinda wonder why we didn't get the big party @ the end of the year like we did before & I really wish they could use some of that money to fix the 2nd field & maybe get some seating for the parents
Roan Mountain

Kingsport, TN

#11 Feb 16, 2010
I was told sign ups are supposed to be in the next few weeks at brummits and at the Unaka elem not sure of times yet. Supposed to be in the Elizabethton Star soon
For real

Elizabethton, TN

#12 Apr 21, 2010
This is our first year with CCL, and so far we have not had any problems. Feild 2 has a couple of sets of bleachers and they just finished the dug outs...I mean it's not perfect...but the kids are having fun, and that is what counts. And by the way...I also know Dale, and I DO NOT think he would take money from those kids.
mathes

United States

#13 Apr 22, 2010
why
TBall MOM

Jonesborough, TN

#14 May 13, 2010
My kids play there and the parking SUCKS!!!! People just park any way they want and so if yours is not the 1st game good luck with getting in there!! And no one watches out for the kids they fly driving in and out of there...just don't get it?!?!
wings

Elizabethton, TN

#15 May 13, 2010
Ex-Carter County Leaguer wrote:
I am the parent of two grown children that played ball on the Carter County League in the beginning years. There is no doubt in my mind that Dale does have his hands in the cookie jar. If nothing else, just think of the games he called and was paid 20 bucks a game while all the other parents volunteed their. Just think back through the years. If he thought you were getting wise to him, he sure found a way to get rid of you quick. There was one coach i know well. No, he did'nt have the most winning team but he was fair and good to all the kids up there. He began to question Dale and poof his team had been dismantled just because the mans wife had just been released from the hospital and he couldn't make the game. All the parents past of present that had kids play on this league should demand to see the records, I'm sure Dale will not be the man he wants everyone to assume he is.
Twenty whole bucks for a game?!?!?! what an outrage!?!?!? Ima gonna call my congressman. someone should answer fer this.
Angel Shearl

Elizabethton, TN

#16 Apr 8, 2011
Need help....i signed my 2 boys up for CCL on march 12 at Unaka Elementary. Well Ball has started and we haven't got a call about it. i am really upset that i paid 40 dollars and my boys aren't in ball like the other kids.I don't have any numbers to get in touch with anyone and when i call around noone know's anything!Please if anyone has a number that i can call and find out what is going on!
Wait

Elizabethton, TN

#17 Apr 8, 2011
Angel Shearl wrote:
Need help....i signed my 2 boys up for CCL on march 12 at Unaka Elementary. Well Ball has started and we haven't got a call about it. i am really upset that i paid 40 dollars and my boys aren't in ball like the other kids.I don't have any numbers to get in touch with anyone and when i call around noone know's anything!Please if anyone has a number that i can call and find out what is going on!
Tball practice is all that has started. Baseball cannot begin until after middle school ball is over. Some tball teams have not been settled yet or have not started practice yet. I am sure you will get a call.
Wait

Elizabethton, TN

#18 Apr 8, 2011
There is an email address on the league website
Concerned parent

Kingsport, TN

#19 Apr 27, 2011
What the heck is the deal with the age differences? How in the heck can you expect a 4y/o to play with 8y/o. You are asking for kids to get hurt and not to mention destroying the selfesteem of begining ball players. No way can a 4 or even 5 y/o play the same level of ball a 6,7, or 8 y/o can. This year was a big mistake. I'll be sure to just pay the higher registration and let my boy play ball with his age group.
Why

Jonesborough, TN

#21 May 2, 2014
Why do this ..... I was there watching my child as well and that in no way was how things took place. Mr. Oliver came and talked to most all of the parents there and all said it was an over reaction. Mr Blevins and mr Lewis are both good men and I feel sure all has been settled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas BRITTNEY KNIGHT :) 56 min Carrie 3
ehs football player & teacher affair 9 hr Shaft 4
STARNES: Tennessee school's Nation of Islam han... 13 hr True 66
chris honeycutt (Mar '11) 13 hr First hand experi... 16
Good Painters (Jun '11) 14 hr jason 9
brittney knight?? 17 hr miguel 8
Britney Knight is HOT (Dec '13) 17 hr miguel 136
Elizabethton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web