Who will be the next Carter County sh...

Who will be the next Carter County sheriff?

Created by Man Up or Shut Up on Aug 21, 2009

2,654 votes

Click on an option to vote

Chris Mathes

Jeff Ensor

Marvin Carden

James Parrish

Frank Peters

Kim Birchfield

John Henson

Steve Smith

Other

“Boo-Yah!”

Since: Aug 09

Nashville, TN

#182 Nov 8, 2009
diogenes-light wrote:
Parish don't even live in Carter County, he don't even live in Tennessee. He done went and runnoft.
So, my father who is in the military technically "lives" in Iraq for the next 9 months. If he doesn't "live" in the county and state he was in before he was deployed, why the hell does he vote in his old precinct? You are a shit stirrer and "frank"ly, your antics are getting old.
SPIFFY

United States

#183 Nov 9, 2009
MARVIN CARDEN IS THE ONLY THREAT TO CHRIS MATHIS, AND HE KNOWS THIS. THIS IS WHY HE IS GETTING ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE RACE HE CAN.
Hoss

Johnson City, TN

#184 Nov 11, 2009
SPIFFY wrote:
MARVIN CARDEN IS THE ONLY THREAT TO CHRIS MATHIS, AND HE KNOWS THIS. THIS IS WHY HE IS GETTING ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE RACE HE CAN.
Marvin Carden is a good man but he is to old to be sheriff.
Raymond

Johnson City, TN

#185 Nov 12, 2009
Mathes will be your sheriff. Too many running.
Big Red

Jonesborough, TN

#186 Nov 12, 2009
Raymond wrote:
Mathes will be your sheriff. Too many running.
I sure hope (NOT).
lone ranger

Kingsport, TN

#187 Nov 24, 2009
james parrish is the best choice by far
Ole klansman

Johnson City, TN

#189 Nov 24, 2009
NOW DATS POLITIKIN
Chrissy

Nashville, TN

#190 Nov 26, 2009
Go anyone but Mathes.... He is a piece of trash... And he needs to get out of office..
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#191 Dec 1, 2009
Whoever it is, I hope he can keep his um ya know.... in his pants
JUST THE FACTS

Ringgold, GA

#192 Dec 8, 2009
JOHN PETERS OR FRANKIE PETERS, NO WAIT KIM BIRCHFIELD OR LEE BIRCHFIELD, HENSON OR PARRISH, ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT THEM THEY ARE THE SAME. FOR SOME REASON IN CARTER COUNTY SOME FEEL THEY HAVE SOME INHERITANCE TO BEING SHERIFF. FACE IT MATHES GOT VOTED IN BY A HUGE MARGIN AND HAS DONE AN EXCELLENT JOB. HE IS HONEST AND FAIR, FIXED ALL THAT PARRISH AND HENSON SCREWED UP. NOT SURE ABOUT 2014 BUT AS FOR 2010, BET YA MATHES GOES IN WITH EASE, WAY TO MANY PEOPLE, AND GOOD QUALITY PEOPLE SING HIS PRAISES.
lone ranger

Kingsport, TN

#193 Dec 8, 2009
JUST THE FACTS wrote:
JOHN PETERS OR FRANKIE PETERS, NO WAIT KIM BIRCHFIELD OR LEE BIRCHFIELD, HENSON OR PARRISH, ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT THEM THEY ARE THE SAME. FOR SOME REASON IN CARTER COUNTY SOME FEEL THEY HAVE SOME INHERITANCE TO BEING SHERIFF. FACE IT MATHES GOT VOTED IN BY A HUGE MARGIN AND HAS DONE AN EXCELLENT JOB. HE IS HONEST AND FAIR, FIXED ALL THAT PARRISH AND HENSON SCREWED UP. NOT SURE ABOUT 2014 BUT AS FOR 2010, BET YA MATHES GOES IN WITH EASE, WAY TO MANY PEOPLE, AND GOOD QUALITY PEOPLE SING HIS PRAISES.
another koolaide drinker, no doubt
Schmuck

United States

#194 Dec 9, 2009
Hoss wrote:
<quoted text>Marvin Carden is a good man but he is to old to be sheriff.
He is not even running....ANYONE but Mathes gets my vote, he has proven to be useless!
MANONTHEMOON

Johnson City, TN

#195 Dec 9, 2009
I don't know what will happen when it comes time for the rubber to meet the pavement. mathes has done a fair job and some times its better the devil you know. i will admit that the jail task force and the commission threw him under a bus since he got on this ride. looking back he should have told the commission what had to be done and let them make the bone headed mistakes, but his problem right now is a anchor around his neck and its not his personal life. he has some real ego problems with some of his staff and that will be his downfall i am afraid, he needs to let street clean house, misguided loyality will take you down the tubes everytime.
Robin

Johnson City, TN

#196 Dec 9, 2009
The department needs to solve some of the robberies. This is the main concern now. We don`t have an investigator, thats for sure.
here is the truth

Asheville, NC

#197 Dec 9, 2009
Schmuck wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not even running....ANYONE but Mathes gets my vote, he has proven to be useless!
Your screen name fits you.That kind of menitialy is what got us in the mess the whole country is in today,much like here in good ole Carter County.
Robby

Johnson City, TN

#198 Dec 9, 2009
People will make up their mind at election time.
JJJ

Ringgold, GA

#199 Dec 10, 2009
MANONTHEMOON wrote:
I don't know what will happen when it comes time for the rubber to meet the pavement. mathes has done a fair job and some times its better the devil you know. i will admit that the jail task force and the commission threw him under a bus since he got on this ride. looking back he should have told the commission what had to be done and let them make the bone headed mistakes, but his problem right now is a anchor around his neck and its not his personal life. he has some real ego problems with some of his staff and that will be his downfall i am afraid, he needs to let street clean house, misguided loyality will take you down the tubes everytime.
In many ways you are correct, Its been well documented from day 1, the Jail Task Force and the entire County Commission are terrible at everything but especially in handing of the jail issues. Face it Henson had no clue what was going on, Parrish ran the show at the department and he ran it into the ground. Everything from getting the trailor park pods into downtown Eliz to letting the current jail run down. Even if you dont care about the inmates rights, the employees should have never had to work in such conditions. But the commission has always short changed everything, put on a bandaid at best, and this time an elected official called them on the carpet and they dont like it. Mathes has done a good job especially with what he has had to work with, not sure about the egos, but all cops have egos. Yeah maybe your right, have you ever met the Johnsons, Brad and Sean who are from the Henson administration, WOW now there are some big egos. Word is there is the right way, the wrong way and then the Johnson way, and they always choose the Johnson way no matter how right or wrong it is. I agree Mathes should have completely cleaned house with the old staff, but I guess he couldnt. Oh well no one is perfect and at least its now a professional sheriffs department.
MANONTHEMOON

Johnson City, TN

#200 Dec 10, 2009
JJJ wrote:
<quoted text> In many ways you are correct, Its been well documented from day 1, the Jail Task Force and the entire County Commission are terrible at everything but especially in handing of the jail issues. Face it Henson had no clue what was going on, Parrish ran the show at the department and he ran it into the ground. Everything from getting the trailor park pods into downtown Eliz to letting the current jail run down. Even if you dont care about the inmates rights, the employees should have never had to work in such conditions. But the commission has always short changed everything, put on a bandaid at best, and this time an elected official called them on the carpet and they dont like it. Mathes has done a good job especially with what he has had to work with, not sure about the egos, but all cops have egos. Yeah maybe your right, have you ever met the Johnsons, Brad and Sean who are from the Henson administration, WOW now there are some big egos. Word is there is the right way, the wrong way and then the Johnson way, and they always choose the Johnson way no matter how right or wrong it is. I agree Mathes should have completely cleaned house with the old staff, but I guess he couldnt. Oh well no one is perfect and at least its now a professional sheriffs department.
its easy to be a arm chair guaterback and i will be the first one here to admit i don't know anything about running a law enforcement department. if he don't win the election it will certain that the broom will make a clean sweep of some of the ego's. what will the history books say about his administration.
here is the truth

Asheville, NC

#201 Dec 10, 2009
Robby wrote:
People will make up their mind at election time.
Who is going to run????? No body worth a f***!!!!!
Kris

Nashville, TN

#202 Dec 19, 2009
Go James....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does that guy in the yellow jacket ever get hot? 8 min TruthSeeker 7
Valley Forge Church FWB 43 min Federal 13
beware new car wash at Wal-Mart 8 hr bad to the bone 4
Mapes Piano String Co. (Aug '13) 14 hr need a lawyer 169
Deadbeat moms Sat Lol 7
Get Gary Johnson and Jill Stein in the debates! Sat Hmmm 8
Man almost drowns in Watauga River today (Jun '12) Fri Thom fallen 10

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance