MSHA to take over unicoi hosp not Wel...

MSHA to take over unicoi hosp not Wellmont

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

opinion

United States

#1 Nov 28, 2012
Seen that a decision was made to accept msha offer to take over unicoi county memorial hospital and to decline wellmont's offer. Once again msha strengthening their monopoly on healthcare in this area. After reading the terms of each proposal it is obvious that wellmonts was better, so why did they decided to go with msha proposal????
opinion

United States

#2 Nov 28, 2012
Article stating that the decision was against the communities preference for Wellmont, not msha!

http://www2.wjhl.com/m/news/2012/nov/28/5/dec...

Article outlining each proposal.

http://m.johnsoncitypress.com/News/Local/arti...
tom

Greer, SC

#3 Nov 28, 2012
I did a little research and discovered MSHA cannot be a monopoly. No healthcare system can as a monopoly drives prices, controls the market. Hospitals are told what they will be paid by government, insurance companies. If MSHA was a monopoly, CIGNA could not have kicked them out of their network. Cigna would have to work with MSHA if they were a monopoly. As for the proposals, Wellmont had two shots to get this right and MSHA offered more, a hospital in Erwin where it should be and some of the board even visited the hospitals MSHA built to see what they did. Wellmont has never built a new hospital since they began in 1996. Not a small facility like Hancock but a real hospital. And the real majority was silent, didn't care as they have not used UCMH for years. For me, Welllmont lost the first and now this, the second proposal. Let's get over the bickering and move on. Our hospital needs to move on.
tom

Greer, SC

#4 Nov 28, 2012
A question; I too read the proposals. MSHA offered more money to the government bodies, a $1 million seed money for a new community foundation, the hospital in Erwin. How was Wellmont better?
whatever

United States

#5 Nov 28, 2012
tom wrote:
A question; I too read the proposals. MSHA offered more money to the government bodies, a $1 million seed money for a new community foundation, the hospital in Erwin. How was Wellmont better?
The overall quality of care by wellmont is a thousand time better, and everyone knows that! MSHA owns entirely too much in this area and the care is pathetic. Not to mention the percentage of ppl who contract MRSA or staph infection from a msha facility and end up a lot worse than when they went in or even die. I have seen all of this first hand, hell I went into jcmc to hv a baby and got staph from the or in my c-section and it has and always will affect me the rest of my life. Since then and prior to, I have had many friends and family affected by the lack of quality of care at msha facilities!! Also, the dr's who are "under" msha don't give a crap about their patients, only their own $, but I have found the absolute oposite of what I said about msha to be the case with all facilities and dr's thru wellmont. You can argue all day about msha not being a monopoly, but they have pushed and shoved their way into giving the citizens in this area no other choice than them, and that to me says MONOPOLY loud and clear, whether it be the "exact" definition or not, it is what it is!!!!
Oh my

Johnson City, TN

#6 Nov 28, 2012
I work for MSHA and all I can say is...Unicoi County I am sorry!!!!!
opinion

United States

#7 Nov 28, 2012
Oh my wrote:
I work for MSHA and all I can say is...Unicoi County I am sorry!!!!!
EXACTLY MY POINT!! Thank u!
bummed

United States

#8 Nov 28, 2012
I use to work for msha. Seen a lot of unbelievable things that I never thought id see. I personally like the wellmont facilities. The drs listen when u tell them ur issues. Msha er drs r a joke and god forbid u don't have insurance bcuz they treat u like u r a pos and charge u out the a$$ for nothing. Bless unicoi county's hearts. I feel for ya.
opinion

United States

#9 Nov 28, 2012
bummed wrote:
I use to work for msha. Seen a lot of unbelievable things that I never thought id see. I personally like the wellmont facilities. The drs listen when u tell them ur issues. Msha er drs r a joke and god forbid u don't have insurance bcuz they treat u like u r a pos and charge u out the a$$ for nothing. Bless unicoi county's hearts. I feel for ya.
And that is exactly what I found regarding wellmont dr's. Not just a step above, but leaps and bounds above anything msha cld ever dream of being!
Brittany

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Feb 16, 2013
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The overall quality of care by wellmont is a thousand time better, and everyone knows that! MSHA owns entirely too much in this area and the care is pathetic. Not to mention the percentage of ppl who contract MRSA or staph infection from a msha facility and end up a lot worse than when they went in or even die. I have seen all of this first hand, hell I went into jcmc to hv a baby and got staph from the or in my c-section and it has and always will affect me the rest of my life. Since then and prior to, I have had many friends and family affected by the lack of quality of care at msha facilities!! Also, the dr's who are "under" msha don't give a crap about their patients, only their own $, but I have found the absolute oposite of what I said about msha to be the case with all facilities and dr's thru wellmont. You can argue all day about msha not being a monopoly, but they have pushed and shoved their way into giving the citizens in this area no other choice than them, and that to me says MONOPOLY loud and clear, whether it be the "exact" definition or not, it is what it is!!!!
I went into a jCMC to have my baby and 3 weeks later I was back there for MRSA as well. Apparently it is happening more and more with new moms in the area.
opinion

United States

#11 Feb 16, 2013
Brittany wrote:
<quoted text>
I went into a jCMC to have my baby and 3 weeks later I was back there for MRSA as well. Apparently it is happening more and more with new moms in the area.
Yea it does seem to be happening more and more lately. Not to mention the last thing a mom with a newborn needs is to be dealing with such a severe infection!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What smells like a skunk in front of kfc 1 hr Pepe_La_Pew 4
Woman that walks thru town. 3 hr Yeah 35
UFO sighting in Stoney Creek 6 hr Cici 12
TV Repair 12 hr bac 3
Nathan Sexton 18 hr nathan 15
sims hill christian church. (Jun '13) Tue Holoholo 16
Moochers & Freeloaders Tue john 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethton Mortgages