The best and worst nursing homes in Elizabethon

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lady J

Kingsport, TN

#1 Dec 10, 2010
Does anyone on this site have any oppinions of the local nursing homes in the area ????? Have you had your loved one a patient at one? Please let me know what I should be watching for and if there is anything I should be aware of .
Say whAt

Piney Flats, TN

#2 Dec 10, 2010
Avoid Lifecare! My grandmother, who had alzheimer's, was there for a very short while and ended up with bedsores, was practically comatose, and never checked on. Fortunately my mother and I went everyday to feed and care for her. We moved her to Ivy Hall as soon as a bed opened up and she was treated like a queen. The bedsores cleared up immediately and she came out of her comatose state.
I highly recommend Ivy Hall and I also hear that Asbury in Johnson City has a good reputation, as well. Good luck to you.
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#3 Dec 10, 2010
Ive hears good stuff about Ivy hall. Family member worked there and several others over the year and still talks about ivy.
curious 2

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Dec 10, 2010
the best nursing homes in elizabethton are Hermitage and Hill View. I worked at Life Care and Ivy Hall quit and went to Hermitage, the place was so clean you could eat off the floors.

Since: Oct 11

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Oct 16, 2011
PineRide in Elizabethton is one of the areas best.They have a outstanding rehab department as well. I had a close friend who spent 6 weeks there & loved it.Its a smaller facility, but clean & friendly staff.
country girl of cc

Paris, TN

#6 Oct 24, 2011
life care is death care or don'r care force feed bathe in hot showers and list goes on doesn't a Doctor own it ?
Kep

Washington, DC

#7 Nov 6, 2011
country girl of cc wrote:
life care is death care or don'r care force feed bathe in hot showers and list goes on doesn't a Doctor own it ?
No Dr Clark is just the medical director. She is awesome. But if I need therapy then I highly recommend life care but don't go if you are very sick. Broke hip or arm for therapy is fine.
jen

United States

#8 Nov 10, 2011
Worked at life care, it was horrid, I spent my entire shift trying to play catch-up for the lack of care given during day shift, and when I would tell someone of the shape my patients were left in, it wasn't a priority. I loved my patients there and tried my hardest to do right by them but with the lack of care from others it was impossible.

Ivy hall and hermitage are amazing places.
thanks

Johnson City, TN

#9 Nov 15, 2011
I've worked at all the nursing homes in Elizabethton at one time or another. In my opinion Ivy Hall is by far the best...followed by Hermitage. Pine Ridge and Lifecare are the worst. I would never have my family put in either one of those.
Lady Deb

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Nov 15, 2011
Roan Highlands Nursing Home in Roan Mountain is excellent! Clean - residents are cared for - personnel really have a passion for their job - they love the residents and the residents respond -the adminstrative staff is never too busy to talk to you about anything - nothing but good words and high praise for this facility - I know it is not in Elizabethton but well worth the extra miles. God has truly blessed this facility in every aspect and in every way.
nall

Johnson City, TN

#11 Nov 23, 2011
my mother works at hillview health center and i think it is the best there they always get good reviews and it just a nice place everyone there is so friendly except for one not mentioning any names i just say gbitch and my mother will know who i am talking bout lol
leemarie

Nashville, TN

#12 Nov 23, 2011
jen wrote:
Worked at life care, it was horrid, I spent my entire shift trying to play catch-up for the lack of care given during day shift, and when I would tell someone of the shape my patients were left in, it wasn't a priority. I loved my patients there and tried my hardest to do right by them but with the lack of care from others it was impossible.
Ivy hall and hermitage are amazing places.
worked at life care. trust me all management is worried about is looking pretty and getting that paycheck. patient care there sucks. and ALWAYS under staffed.
leemarie

Nashville, TN

#13 Nov 23, 2011
worked at life care. patient care there sucks. ALWAYS under staffed....
momsvisitor

Johnson City, TN

#14 Nov 26, 2011
Always drama at hillview,It is more important to look pretty than it is to do their job(MM).What about the cleaning staff?There are rumors that certain supervisors are messing around with their male staff and it appears to be true.Favortism is on the rampage as certain staff gets the days they want off as well as the job they want to do.As I visit my mom on certain days of the week I have noticed that there seems to be backstabbing and everyone is working against each other and the administrater just turns a blind eye to the situation.
CNA

Johnson City, TN

#15 Nov 27, 2011
country girl of cc wrote:
Are you crazy??? Force feed??? Hot showers??? How stupid!
toby

Johnson City, TN

#16 Nov 27, 2011
I work at lifecare and have a few things to say,,It is not as bad as people say,People run their mouths about bad care but yet they leave their family their to be took care of,,Some people are their for just a paycheck and thats why they are no longer their,,you have to have a heart to do that kind of job,,we will all be their one day,,i personally love my job their,,
WITNESS

Mount Juliet, TN

#17 Nov 27, 2011
IVY HALL IS WONDERFUL, I DON'T KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE OTHERS BUT HAVE HEARD SEVERAL RUMORS THAT LIFE CARE DOES NOT PROPERLY TAKE CARE OF PATIENTS.
MY MOTHER WAS IN IVY HALL, AND WE COULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN BETTER CARE, EVERY DAY.
CNA

Johnson City, TN

#18 Nov 27, 2011
WITNESS wrote:
IVY HALL IS WONDERFUL, I DON'T KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE OTHERS BUT HAVE HEARD SEVERAL RUMORS THAT LIFE CARE DOES NOT PROPERLY TAKE CARE OF PATIENTS.
MY MOTHER WAS IN IVY HALL, AND WE COULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN BETTER CARE, EVERY DAY.
And a rumor is just that...a rumor!!
polly

Johnson City, TN

#19 Nov 27, 2011
hillview has the worse staff.you cant trust them.josh cannon is bi polar.some of the patients are really neglected.i heard there could have been some big law suits.the stories i have heard.i talked to a cna and she reported another cna who was doing things to the male patients and they said they would have to catch them.well it took a while.what about the patient?how many more times did the patient have to endure things.they need to clean house.
Judy

Johnson City, TN

#20 Nov 28, 2011
Polly u r telling the truth, about Hillview, the only reason Josh got to be administrator was when he uncle owned Hillview, and Hermitage.I cannot beleive he is still there, u r right Grace Healthcare who owns it now, should clean house, get rid of all of them. When patient rings their bell for assistance, it takes 10 mins. for them to go to the room and see what the need, the reason for this is they r always short handed, I saw in the paper about 2 weeks ago, where they where going to add another addition, I feel sorry for those patients, they cannot take care of what they have now, let along another 30 patient.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 10 min here now 149,146
Looking for Dr. Todd Whitaker 2 hr livinginTN 1
senior care 2 hr sawman65 11
New Sheriff in Town 2 hr sawman65 85
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr ucanthandletruth 9,440
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr Calhoun 8,640
free internet for low income or free lunch stud... (Dec '13) 6 hr snopes 42
the sheriff was voted in to do a job 23 hr dan 28
•••
•••
Elizabethton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Elizabethton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000