Eating Out: Elizabethton's Bonnie Kat...

Eating Out: Elizabethton's Bonnie Kate Cafe provides fantastic lunch spot

There are 10 comments on the The Elizabethton Star story from Oct 26, 2012, titled Eating Out: Elizabethton's Bonnie Kate Cafe provides fantastic lunch spot. In it, The Elizabethton Star reports that:

Patrons can kick off a visit by ordering one of the caf ©'s coffee drinks or teas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Elizabethton Star.

No More

Chatsworth, GA

#1 Oct 29, 2012
GREAT food GREAT atmosphere.
Kay

Kingsport, TN

#2 Nov 11, 2012
We ate at Bonnie Kate for Brunch today, Awsome job Brian Higgs
Funker

United States

#3 Nov 11, 2012
No More wrote:
GREAT food GREAT atmosphere.
I don't know why someone would judge this as spam, unless they think the people at Bonnie Kate posted this as a cheap plug. Even if it is, the fact remains that Bonnie Kate does have good food, great desserts, and wonderful atmosphere. If it isn't a registered historical landmark, it should be.
Doyle

Johnson City, TN

#4 Nov 11, 2012
Went in there once to see what they had, the menu I was handed had items all over $25 on it. Am I missing something?
Check it out

Johnson City, TN

#5 Nov 12, 2012
This is the link to the cafe menu. Click on each pdf file to check the prices. Their dinner menu is priced like any steakhouse. The breakfast/lunch and brunch menus are comparable to most any other restaurant.

http://www.thebonniekate.com/cafe/

I have eaten at Cafe Pacific, The Battery, The Tavern, and Peppermill. All 3 to 5 star restaurants and cafes with prices the same as Bonnie Kate Cafe. Carter Countains should be proud to have a high quality non chain option for dining.(It's the only one after all.)

And "Funker" most people on Elizabethton's Topix don't even know what spam is. Anything they disagree with is considered spam.
Oh Yeah

Johnson City, TN

#6 Nov 12, 2012
Check it out wrote:
This is the link to the cafe menu. Click on each pdf file to check the prices. Their dinner menu is priced like any steakhouse. The breakfast/lunch and brunch menus are comparable to most any other restaurant.
http://www.thebonniekate.com/cafe/
I have eaten at Cafe Pacific, The Battery, The Tavern, and Peppermill. All 3 to 5 star restaurants and cafes with prices the same as Bonnie Kate Cafe. Carter Countains should be proud to have a high quality non chain option for dining.(It's the only one after all.)
And "Funker" most people on Elizabethton's Topix don't even know what spam is. Anything they disagree with is considered spam.
I have noticed that also on this forum..anytime anybody mentions a business or restaurant or book and says anything nice, somebody on here always rates it as spam. Not sure if they know what spam is either, but I guess if it's not trashing something, they don't like it...which is typical for people around here.
People who frequent this forum get really pissed off if there isn't lots of scandal and drama and gossip. You're not allowed to just have a normal discussion.
Observer

Johnson City, TN

#7 Nov 12, 2012
Just looked at their menus....I'm starved just looking at them!
Funker

Stockton, CA

#8 Nov 12, 2012
To Check it out and Oh Yeah above:
You're both right. I don't know what I was thinking! Thanks for the chuckle!
midget

Kingsport, TN

#9 Nov 12, 2012
My niece works there and I LOVE TO EAT THERE. Brian and his girls do an excellent job. Keep up the good food and the good service.
Pam Miller

Johnson City, TN

#10 Nov 13, 2012
He makes awesome birthday cakes!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll should funding for rescue sqaud be stopped (Sep '11) 5 hr Elmer Gantry 8
Car Store of Elizabethton my rating: F 7 hr jeb 7
Any docs in Eliz taking new patients? 7 hr jeb 3
Constitutional Amendment to stop homosexual mar... 8 hr jeb 45
Raise in the Elizabethton Water 16 hr wow 15
911 bonus Fri Looking up 4
Lori Turner (Aug '11) Thu Concerned Parent 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethton Mortgages