first utility water office scandle St...

first utility water office scandle Stoney Creek

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mountian Man

Kingsport, TN

#1 Sep 20, 2009
Those people need to be in JAIL .
Taken my hard earned money and wasteing it like they are.
Front page Headline,s Sunday,s paper.
Mr Education

Johnson City, TN

#2 Sep 21, 2009
Mountian Man wrote:
I read the artical do those who stole the money still work there ?
cc mamaw

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Sep 21, 2009
Who stole money? I don't get the newspaper and the Star has old news that no one wants to read. Wonder why it was not in the press, or was it?
I know some people that work there so interested in know who it was.
Mountian Man

Kingsport, TN

#4 Sep 21, 2009
the manager he is still their and i think they fired the lady.
Mr Education

Johnson City, TN

#5 Sep 21, 2009
cc mamaw wrote:
Who stole money? I don't get the newspaper and the Star has old news that no one wants to read. Wonder why it was not in the press, or was it?
I know some people that work there so interested in know who it was.
The artical in Sundays Star states that " Utility Manager Bill MacFadden recieved $7,156 in improper payments for unearned comensatory leave $3,377 in improper payments for annual leave pay. Theres more in the artical.
Oscar

Johnson City, TN

#6 Sep 21, 2009
McFadden and Teresa are both gone. FIRED
Mr Education

Johnson City, TN

#7 Sep 21, 2009
Honest hard working people having trouble making ends meet ,paying bills trying to keep food on the table and now this .
burnette

Johnson City, TN

#8 Sep 22, 2009
Teresa had been there for yrs, there goes her job and her retirement. this is our water dept and i an upset where the 7.00 surcharge. that we had to pay every month and the money was never turned in to WWRA, 45,000 was supposed to be paid to them and never was. where is all that money that they took off of us residents. I think they should have to pay back every surcharge plus interest. I know our water bills almost doubled. i hope that the D.A. will do something
cc mamaw

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Sep 23, 2009
burnette wrote:
Teresa had been there for yrs, there goes her job and her retirement. this is our water dept and i an upset where the 7.00 surcharge. that we had to pay every month and the money was never turned in to WWRA, 45,000 was supposed to be paid to them and never was. where is all that money that they took off of us residents. I think they should have to pay back every surcharge plus interest. I know our water bills almost doubled. i hope that the D.A. will do something
I agree with you on this!! What is wrong with people? I was really surprised when I read the paper about what went on. Now, do you not think that someone around there knew what was going on? Or maybe thoutht something was not right? Man!! Then Mr. McFadden said he knew he was wrong in taking the monies, but he needed it. Well, Hello!! we all could use more money right now with the ecomomy(that may be mispelled) the way it is.
burnette

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Sep 23, 2009
cc mamaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on this!! What is wrong with people? I was really surprised when I read the paper about what went on. Now, do you not think that someone around there knew what was going on? Or maybe thoutht something was not right? Man!! Then Mr. McFadden said he knew he was wrong in taking the monies, but he needed it. Well, Hello!! we all could use more money right now with the ecomomy(that may be mispelled) the way it is.
when we read the paper sunday that was the same thing my hubby said, we need more money but not enough to steal it. I think that there is alot more in on it also, I think the whole office knew what was gtoing on, before it is over we all may have a whole new crew of workers. Com Dale Colbaugh would not let Gebe Ritchie see or sign any of the checks. I believe we need some new board members elected also.

Since: Aug 09

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Sep 23, 2009
burnette wrote:
<quoted text>
when we read the paper sunday that was the same thing my hubby said, we need more money but not enough to steal it. I think that there is alot more in on it also, I think the whole office knew what was gtoing on, before it is over we all may have a whole new crew of workers. Com Dale Colbaugh would not let Gebe Ritchie see or sign any of the checks. I believe we need some new board members elected also.
Gebe Ritchie has nothing to do with the Utility except being a customer. And all he does is cause trouble, and he will probably sue them, he has everbody else in East Tenn.
Pickyboo

Whitwell, TN

#12 Sep 24, 2009
Scandle? I am scandilated by this word (or is it scandilified?).
ccc

Jonesborough, TN

#13 Sep 25, 2009
If you are from kingsport why do you care
burnette wrote:
ccc

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Sep 25, 2009
Mountian Man wrote:
I was not aware Carter County supplied Alabama with water.....learn something new everyday
burnette

Kingsport, TN

#15 Sep 25, 2009
ccc wrote:
If you are from kingsport why do you care<quoted text>
for your infor, did you not read my post? I said that this is our water dept, and I live in stoney creek. that is the reason I CARE...
ccc

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Sep 25, 2009
govols1 wrote:
<quoted text> Gebe Ritchie has nothing to do with the Utility except being a customer. And all he does is cause trouble, and he will probably sue them, he has everbody else in East Tenn.
First of all Gebe has nothing to do with the utility, it is his brother Gene that is a commissioner. Also Gene has every right to sign the checks...as a second signer as per his own motion at a previous meeting. He was treasurer then, not the chairman...so the other commissioners are doing as he requested and passed in the meeting minutes. And, yes Gebe does like to threaten and sue everyone.
Stoneycrkr

Gate City, VA

#17 Sep 26, 2009
I'm sorry but an act of deciet or theft from a public entity is stealing from us all, no sympathy for those that do this personnally or on the public service either local level or the gov. Years of service don't change youre character.
I've met them both it was evident that one might be more apt to crave power and seek praise the other low key, friendly and a little desperate. Desperate people do desperate acts. One can be rehabilitated, the other has a character flaw a little tougher to fix. Let's move on and stop the bleeding, this is a public utility operated by fellow creekers who for the most part work hard have families and are honest. The gang of 5 that are trying to point the finger at anyone that disagrees with their views needs to let the law handle the charges which should be brought against both parties for their wrong doing. Regardless if someone pays the bill afterwards in protest,,,,"whats that oh!! I didn't do it but here's the money in protest" ya right.
We as 1st district members need to evaluate the job performed by the commissioners and vote for our principles represented next election. The commisioners hire employees to carry out the day to day duties so let them do their job, or find someone that will.
burnette wrote:
Stoneycrkr

Gate City, VA

#18 Sep 26, 2009
I have met both, one is well meaning however scattered and self obsorbed. The other low key and apparently desperate.
Both dcieved the public trust and should be charged with a crime. Paying the "supposed" amount embezeled after the charges are brought forth doesn't lend itself to innocence.
For the most part these are hard working folks who happen to work in a fishbowl. This is a public entity that has to listen to us gripe about mostly rehtoric but also some good points with some systemic changes that have to be made. But personnal attacks from the gang of R's is old school buddy/neputism politics on an election year, and we as concerned citizens should get involved and shine the light on the whole picture for the truth, not just someone elses agenda. Tea party! Mr R? come-on are you bringing tea or a rope.
Get involved Creekers, Americans it's our duty.
To all from Ms Creek lady

Nashville, TN

#19 Sep 26, 2009
Just wanted to pass this on since many people are getting on here thinking they know whats going on! Bottom line, Be careful if you are talking about something or SOMEONE that is not true or you are adding on to the truth. I would not put things on here bottom line, unless you know something to be a fact and you saw it for yourself. If you do, its on you. Read the article below!!!!
Texas judge orders site to identify anonymous trolls, flamers
The right to flame someone online has typically been protected by the courts, but a Texas judge has decided enough is enough when it comes to 178 anonymous commenters on Topix.com . The site has less than a month to hand over identifying information about the Internet trolls.
By Jacqui Cheng | Last updated February 11, 2009 11:45 AM CTText Size Print this articleLeave a comment A Texas judge has ordered an online news site to unveil identifying details about 178 anonymous commenters on the site. The order came after a couple sued the numerous anonymous commenters posting to Topix.com for making what they considered to be "perverted, sick, vile, inhumane accusations" about them.
As with most things on the Internet, many Topix users felt free to let loose with nasty comments about the family.
The family were found not guilty of the charges after a criminal trial. That, however, wasn't the end of the 70-some individual threads posted to Topix about them. "It just... basically made us both feel like common criminals," the Leshers told the Dallas Morning News (via TechDirt). "It's like someone had basically raped us of our reputation and our standing in the community over and over and over again."
That's when the Family chose to sue a number of Topix's anonymous commenters (but, interestingly, not Topix itself). The law firm representing the couple, Connor & Demond PLLC in Austin, told Computerworld that the lawsuit was limited specifically to the posters whose statements were considered defamatory under Texas law.
The complaint filed by the Leshers details many of the comments made by the anonymous defendants. Some are certainly lower blows than others—
A Tarrant County judge clearly felt that they were libelous enough to order Topix to cough up personal information on the anonymous posters.
Gov

Lenoir City, TN

#20 Sep 27, 2009
You get sued .Right dynomite

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EES and BrightRidge Merger 4 hr vicky 3
Meth 11 hr Beth T 2
Anyone know a woman named Lindsey Hurley? 17 hr Johnny 9
Ericka B 19 hr Skank 1
Mary woods 21 hr Mom to many 9
Mayor Curt Alexander (Sep '09) Wed Jim 343
PC Repair Tue Ericka Beach 7

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance